PDA

View Full Version : Faction Population Limits

HopesDespair
16-11-04, 04:20
Limit Faction Population for changing characters

IE lets say there were 10 factions (cause im too lazy to do math) and you cant have more than 13% of the server in your faction, there are 1,000 people in the game (like my numbers :o lol) and 130 are city admin the rest are various other factions.

If you try to switch to that faction it will say:

"I am sorry but we do not have the funding to support anymore runners. Please check back at a later date" or some crap?

Maybe it's just me whining but, I am tired of seeing 1 or 2 power factions in the game

It's gotten better now that it's Pro City - Anti City - CM (dunno where they fall in)

So maybe limit it to those 2 or 3, not each faction, but something IMO needs to be done or the PvP aspect of this game will dissapear completey

BTW if any member from PAIN says this is a stupid idea... you'll just be proving my point

Nvidia
16-11-04, 04:23
You can't do it.

Unless KK started deleting inactive accounts from their database after a month at the MOST, those inactive characters will take up spots, and active players won't be able to join it.

I mean, christ, look at the amount of inactive runners and clans from the end of NC1. If that doesn't give you an idea of how badly this would fuck active players, I don't know what will.

Xeno LARD
16-11-04, 04:26
Nice idea, but it won't work. Sorry :(.

HopesDespair
16-11-04, 04:27
You can't do it.

Unless KK started deleting inactive accounts from their database after a month at the MOST, those inactive characters will take up spots, and active players won't be able to join it.

I mean, christ, look at the amount of inactive runners and clans from the end of NC1. If that doesn't give you an idea of how badly this would fuck active players, I don't know what will.

Good point, but perhaps KK shud do that, if you don't log into your character within XX days they delete it

TBH I am pissed that they took away the 1 char server...

That's just my opinion... but agree or disagree with this idea, you can surely agree SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE

Nvidia
16-11-04, 04:36
Yeah, I'll definitely agree though that something needs to be done. There should be an equal spread of players to make things interesting, but you also need to take player skill into effect when you do this.

I mean, what good is it going to do if you take all the good players and put them in one faction, and you have a bunch of nibs spread out over the other factions? Then, you have an FF-type situation where they managed to take the entire map for weeks on end because they had the only strong players in the only strong faction for a long time.

I also miss the 1-slot server. :(

EDIT: <3 Pluto... <3 you forever... :(

Darkener
16-11-04, 06:50
Limit Faction Population for changing characters

IE lets say there were 10 factions (cause im too lazy to do math) and you cant have more than 13% of the server in your faction, there are 1,000 people in the game (like my numbers :o lol) and 130 are city admin the rest are various other factions.

If you try to switch to that faction it will say:

"I am sorry but we do not have the funding to support anymore runners. Please check back at a later date" or some crap?

Maybe it's just me whining but, I am tired of seeing 1 or 2 power factions in the game

It's gotten better now that it's Pro City - Anti City - CM (dunno where they fall in)

So maybe limit it to those 2 or 3, not each faction, but something IMO needs to be done or the PvP aspect of this game will dissapear completey

BTW if any member from PAIN says this is a stupid idea... you'll just be proving my point
Aww nick wots wrong your on the strongest side . How would you even create new chars if this was implemented it would have to raise the limit everytime you did . It would not work. Anyway CA may have high numbers but it isnt the strongest faction . I dont think any faction is really strongest anymore there are dominant factions in each city its more city versus city atm.

HopesDespair
16-11-04, 07:15
Aww nick wots wrong your on the strongest side . How would you even create new chars if this was implemented it would have to raise the limit everytime you did . It would not work. Anyway CA may have high numbers but it isnt the strongest faction . I dont think any faction is really strongest anymore there are dominant factions in each city its more city versus city atm.

Never said TG wasnt a strong faction, never said I wasnt in it, but i dont support power factions and clans, i just dont wanan spend 300k to change cause I like TG plus i dont have 300k atm

<3 DarkH

Bugs Gunny
16-11-04, 10:32
No more room in NEXT, please find refuge somewhere else :-)

QuickFix
16-11-04, 10:37
it couldnt work.

all the noobies always start in ca or tt due them sounding cool in the right up.

the noobie quits and another pace in ca/tt is taken.

also our clan has 93 members, ups has 110+ members so do we start getting randomly kicked out of our faction ?

i cant see anyway for this to work

Bugs Gunny
16-11-04, 10:44
What i like about a small clan:

You can ususaly trust everyone in it, and you know what they are like, how they play.
Fighting goes like this: "Lol, c'mon Jaffo, bomb that TG... Uhuh, Fubar jumped out the vehicle, we lost him... Let's go back and get him"

What i dislike about large clans:

You don't know everyone. more chance of spies and thieves in clan.
Fighting goes like this: "Number 53, shoot damind! shoot' you nib!
Uhuh, our gayboy 146 fell out. Yep he's dead. C'mon let's get out of here."

Koth
16-11-04, 11:40
small clans are better, LAARD proved that in NC1, for our size we fought well out numbered.

ArgieD
16-11-04, 11:52

Nvidia, I don't necessarily disagree with your point, but some people like myself take long breaks due to work and other activities (anti-computer gaming girlfriend) :rolleyes: It would be extremely frustrating if you have managed to SLOWLY cap your beloved runner just to be cruelly deleted if you can't play for 20-30 days.

PS And if not work, then long holidays...(imagine leaving your GF behind and go to Ibiza with your wireless laptop; not possible, is it?) :p

QuickFix
16-11-04, 12:01
What i like about a small clan:

You can ususaly trust everyone in it, and you know what they are like, how they play.
Fighting goes like this: "Lol, c'mon Jaffo, bomb that TG... Uhuh, Fubar jumped out the vehicle, we lost him... Let's go back and get him"

What i dislike about large clans:

You don't know everyone. more chance of spies and thieves in clan.
Fighting goes like this: "Number 53, shoot damind! shoot' you nib!
Uhuh, our gayboy 146 fell out. Yep he's dead. C'mon let's get out of here."

whats the definition of a large clan?

we have 93 of those 93 thats probably about 25-30 RL people, i know 95% of them.

if you had 90 people on a simgle char server then i would call that large. 25-30 people is nothing imo

Bugs Gunny
16-11-04, 12:24
25-30 is a big clan.
All depends realy, if you're a close group it's not a problem.
I prefer clans with 8-15 people in it (online around the same time)

The way i've been playing lately i prefere a small strike force instead of big armies. It's faster and you don't run into each other all the time.

Doc Holliday
16-11-04, 13:58
its up to the players. simple. they should govern themselves imo. if they cant do it then its worth takeing a long look at the community its self not the game.

QuickFix
16-11-04, 14:20
its up to the players. simple. they should govern themselves imo. if they cant do it then its worth takeing a long look at the community its self not the game.

i dont think their is a problem atm.

biggest factions imo are

TG and CA

CA has 2 large clans and 1 medium clan.
TG has 2 large clans and 2 medium size clans
Crahn, TS, FA, TT, PP all have at least 1 large clan.

the only factions which are lagging behind are DRE, BT and BD, i think this is more of a historic thing, the big BD clans from saturn had to go pro city due to the immence imbalance it would have caused to be allied with all the anti-city.

DRE historically a shit faction with no reward for being in it? personally i wish i could be arsed to level a Barter spy in DRE, there is money by the bucket load to be made there.

and BT, only 1 clan i know of on saturn and i dont think there are many people in it, (forgive me if i am incorrect FN)

i dont think their is the problem with faction hopping like in nc1 as its damn hard to get back over to pro city from anti and the balance of power swings dependant on the time zone.

like cycrow and the surrounding area's where people like to level are going from TG --> CA --> CS rinse and repeat.

so people arent being forced to jump on the winning side to level like in previous months/years

Bugs Gunny
16-11-04, 14:26
Hmmm. I'm sure he forgot to mention NEXT, because i just said we're a closed faction and we're full? :-p

Actualy DRE was one of the options when we moved from CM.