PDA

View Full Version : Fix the Gravlifts, please

Disturbed21
16-11-04, 03:34
This bug has been going on for awhile now and its really starting to annoy me. When you go up or down a gravlift your actually position isn't updated correctly. It doesn't happen everytime but often enough.

For example I was in DoY on my city spy, went up a grav lift and unstealthed near a dev tank who was about 40-50 feet from the lift. He runs right by me towards the lift with a dev out. I'm thinking what the hell is he shooting at and continue shooting him in the back, then I notice the 15 stacks of poison/fire on me, even though he is shooting the opposite direction of me. Lovely.

So, on his screen I was standing still in the lift but on mine I was running circles around him.
There was absolutely nothing I could do in that case. This isn't a whine thread as I don't care about dieing, I go to DoY to cause mayhem and generally end the trip by dieing. But this is a bug that should get squashed asap.

Birkoff
16-11-04, 03:44
Its shitty server positioning not grave lifts

Matthew.v.smith
16-11-04, 12:41
Speaking of Fixing grav lifts.

What about teh one in Fa sector?

That would be cool ^^ because otherwise there's the job of having to go search for another Surface lift making me feel like a prisoner to Doy :p

Not essential by any means but it would be usefull :)

Matty. :angel:

Bugs Gunny
16-11-04, 12:46
How about the difference in speed some chars have?

Half my chars go up real slow, others shoot up like a rocket.
I used to be able to fix this with alt tab while in gravlift but now i'm stuck at being a turtle in a tube.

Mr Kot
16-11-04, 19:51
Speaking of Fixing grav lifts.

What about teh one in Fa sector?

Methinks it's meant to be like that. Look at the surrounding scenery. Rubble at the foot of the lift. Doors up above it boarded up. It's an "ex" lift, destroyed in the DoY bomb in the same manner as half the doors, the walls, the roof and the apartments.

capt-o
16-11-04, 20:29
I think the speed of using the grav lifts may be related to your stats. I'm almost convinced the game "pretends" your running/walking while in the lift. Doesn't affect your stamina but I can never get a heal to work in those tubes.

While we're on the subject, ever try to send a drone up an upward gravlift? It won't happen, there's some sort of invisable ceiling. Of course I was trying with a RG-50 which gets no altitude anyway, so maybe the lifts just ignore the drones....?

Bugs Gunny
16-11-04, 21:07
Well, right now my 0/2 noob flies up in the lift and my capped chars are turtles. how about those stats then :-)

Mr Kot
16-11-04, 21:45
Well, right now my 0/2 noob flies up in the lift and my capped chars are turtles. how about those stats then :-)

Could it be the weight you're carrying?

capt-o
16-11-04, 21:46
Err an 0/2 noob is lighter?

Back to the drawing board then. :lol:

Bugs Gunny
16-11-04, 21:53
tank with 50+ free load and high level hacknet spy carying hardly anything no armor no imps etc... both slow.

-FN-
16-11-04, 21:57
I concur. The gravlifts are an easy getaway for those who know how to "exploit" them. Run into a grav lift and then back out. 7 out of 10 times you'll still go up the grav lift on other people's screens while you actually run away. Then the people who don't realize that grav lifts are simply F-d up, get ganked by people who look like they're still standing in a grav lift somewhere far away. Not to mention the countless number of times I've fired, and fired, and fired, and fired at someone and they don't take a single point of damage... why? Because they're not really there because they went near a a grav lift.

The character position update code for the grav lifts = fucked up. There's no denying that.

Morganth
16-11-04, 22:21
The character position update code for the grav lifts = fucked up. There's no denying that.

The server positioning is generally fucked up. I love the way how people can run around a building, but the client thinks "Fuck it, lets draw them going through it!". Really gets annoying at an OP war when the last few defenders/attackers left start running around buildings so they can't get hit.

Not going to name any clans, seeing as they aren't good enough anymore with their zergage to be named :p

Skill > Zergage
PAIN > Fucking Fags