PDA

View Full Version : Bring back freelook in cabs/hovers

phunqe
15-11-04, 18:12
A long time ago you could look around when you were seated in the hover cabs. Now you can't.
There might not be much to see in the subway, but it gives a sense of freedom. Not to mention the new taxi system... If you could look around in them they would be fun to ride, since some of them travel pretty high.

Just a small thing that would add immensity/pleasure.

MkVenner
15-11-04, 18:14
i cant even think why they took it away in the 1st place

Frotto
15-11-04, 18:14
camera kept getting stuck on shit. Caused lag and crashes. Its an unnecessary ability if you ask me. Only if they make the camera in nc able to move through anything walls etc then will it work right.

Genty
15-11-04, 18:17
I agree, it's not like the cabs are so dangourous that you require your head/neck to be locked into position. They don't travel massively fast and sometimes it's hard to tell what stop your at.

phunqe
15-11-04, 18:17
I got the stuck camera thing in the subway when I looked around, but the camera always "sprung" back when the character moved away too far. Never experienced any crashes or lag (not on my end that is).

kurai
15-11-04, 18:26
Hell yes - bring it back.

It's another example of desperate quick and dirty code slapped in to try and work around a problem, rather than actually fix it.

There's plenty of these "workarounds" still there, months or years later, lingering around like a bad smell.

aelfkins
15-11-04, 18:36
Yah, and that way those who haven't(new players) memerized the station can know where they are/ when to get off.

:)

Mr Kot
15-11-04, 18:43
I suppose looking around isn't so much necessary now that subway is safe zone, just a bonus. When PKers used to camp there, it would have been handy to see if they were friend / foe before hopping off the train.

But to go slightly off topic here, the look around facility is the least of our worries when the trains themselves need fixing. Half the time, the doors won't open. Bad enough when you can't get on the train, but even worse when u can't get off and you're stuck on the damn thing. You miss your stop and ride round and round on the damn system for hours. :mad: Relogging doesnt work and you have to do a reset position.

It's because of this that i'm glad subways are safe zones now. I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Remove doors altogether!!

[edit] and i agree with aelfkins, showing a noob around on the subway is a nightmare when they cant see what stop they're at. You have to be a bloody quick typer to give them a running commentary to hop on / hop off while doors are open / closed etc. And they always miss the damn train u get on :rolleyes:

Matthew.v.smith
15-11-04, 18:48
I think they Removed free look in cab's because it made people sit sideways and all different directions in the Cabs so it's there to keep you "straight" so to speak.

Removing the door's to cabs means u can walk on teh tracks :P

Matty. :angel:

Mr Kot
15-11-04, 19:14
Removing the door's to cabs means u can walk on teh tracks :P

I know. This is a risk you take, just like in real life. If u wait for the train to stop before boarding or alighting, you live to see another day. If you're careless...... squish. Wouldn't it be interesting if they introduced object clipping damage from high speed objects along similar lines to fall damage? Now that would be evil. :D

This tiny risk would be worth taking for the confidence that you would NEVER be stuck on a train again. REMOVE THE DOORS!!!

amfest
15-11-04, 20:01
what was funky about the freelook in the subway car was that it would face the direction of course you were facing as in direction on the map and not your head. So you look forward in front of the car and when the car turns a corner . .you're still looking the direction the car was orginally going even though the car might be going the opposite direction now so you see behind. You could keep it straight and the camera view would just spin around the cab as it turned and turned. While in cab it should of related to how you were looking in the cab so if I looked out the right window .. it's stay looking out the right window no matter what turn I the cab took.

well even as bleh as the spinning was . .they should bring it back.

I still think you should be able to get on the tracks. As i've said in another thread, put ladders next to the station areas to get back up and make sure there is a small lip on the edge of the platforms so people can't just "push" you off the boarding area but you can still jump off if you choose. Only after they do that would it be cool to take the safe zone off . .. oh yea and make belts fall through the bottom of the cab onto the tracks and then you can just run along the tracks to get your belt back.

BlackDove
15-11-04, 20:03
I can't see shit in cabs down at the subway. Definatly a yes to this idea.

mehirc
15-11-04, 20:05
I loved the freelook, never had any bugs or problems with it. The removal was really a nerf. :(