PDA

View Full Version : Security at a Price

Crest
15-11-04, 17:59
Ok so I run around Killing people, it aint nice but someone needs to do the clensing .....

I notice the following
When I was Pro City, Doing a few hit and runs in doy

1) Lots of useless guards in DOY City Center who spend most their time around the bar or in the lifts.....
2) Guards at all zone points and Entrances / exists

Now I am Anticity and do the same in NC
1) Safe zones introduced at subways, heavily gaurded
2) Guards in almost every shop plaza 1
3) Guards at random points

So I ask, who pays for this resource. Security should be a cost to the people it secures. You should have a security TAX. Have true politics influence the game ....

Plaza 1 is CA domain, so all CA runners should pay a premium for the extra gaurds (If it was VIA 1 then Bio would fit the bill).

Same as TG sectors, or DOY city Center.
You elsect you Faction Council, based on their promises. They can appoint and allocate security guards, say 5 free per sector, there after each runner in faction above level 35, occurs a 100 NC Per guard when GR into any NC GR (Or DOY for anti city).

If the protection is offered by runners then thats fine, but security must be paid for. Why does KK favour NC when giving protection.

I have raided both, so i have hands on Experience on both. I know there are only 2 spots in plaza 1 to snipe, and after every patch there are more gaurds in more shops, and no increase in DOY

Make the factions pay for their security

MkVenner
15-11-04, 18:41
yeah but the thing is, id happily not have any guards, and not pay tax, but others would do the opposite....

LOST
15-11-04, 18:49
give doy more guards. they dont hurt just glue. no harm in that is there ?

making guards faction relevant is intresting as rp goes. maybe missions undertaken after the epic can influence your sector security? the entire faction completes 100 missions (after epic) the following month you have 5 (10 whatever?) guards around your sector.

doy is useless at security. beyond the gazillion doy bots roming outside. stealth 1 and you can go anywhere and do anything.

at least nc you have to pick the places to re-stealth. even if it is a small amount of thought.

edit: yeah i would probably join mkv with the lazy 'i dont wanna coz...'

Crest
15-11-04, 19:03
yeah but the thing is, id happily not have any guards, and not pay tax, but others would do the opposite....

More reason to vote, as you vote for the Faction Council and he who wins, will make the rules :)

If you ran, and won, you could impact the game by no bots, and if people like this, they will re-elect you

Why have politics if you dont use it

StrongSad
15-11-04, 19:05
I wouldnt pay, and have fun fighting DoY chumps all day long :D

Likewise I would enjoy raiding DoY if they didnt pay to be guarded.

MkVenner
15-11-04, 19:19
More reason to vote, as you vote for the Faction Council and he who wins, will make the rules :)

If you ran, and won, you could impact the game by no bots, and if people like this, they will re-elect you

Why have politics if you dont use it

true, but that seat hold no actual power, more of just a figure head...

LiL T
15-11-04, 19:43
I want no gaurds in doy what so ever so I can fight all day so I don't pay for taxes for carebear protection

Crest
15-11-04, 19:52
true, but that seat hold no actual power, more of just a figure head...

Give that seat more power
1) Manage factions resources more wisely .... Like the above
2) Allow them to make allies /enemies with other factions, allowing for true role playing

BlackDove
15-11-04, 20:15
I think it's supposed to be as you described above.

DoY = Defence focus outside the gates
NC = Defence focus inside the gates

You can frohllic around the gates of NC - the STORM bots are FUCKING STUPID.

I went there on an hourly basis while I was doing the epics. Nobody to stop me.

However, if I had attempted that at DoY, I would get my ass kicked by the DoY bots (unless I used "the route").

Tables turned inside. NC with their Copbots and private security armies - you can't breathe a block.

DoY - retarded DoY ZOMBIES (not guardians) running around like idiots, or standing like one.

Makes for perfect balance, ne?

LTA
15-11-04, 20:28
DoY - retarded DoY ZOMBIES (not guardians) running around like idiots, or standing like one.

Makes for perfect balance, ne?
Only till raid team tags a few grs

We get CA regularly gen reppin in and out through the gr's and the Crahn guards take the piss, they need to shoot straight up and need some boost or something, Biotech stood in the church a few days ago, rez'd their mates why the others ran about checkin vendors before using the Crahn gr to leave lol