PDA

View Full Version : Login Issues...

Transformer
15-11-04, 00:07
I did a forum search and i couldn't find anything so figured I'd post it. Ok then, for the past few days I've been unable to log into NC. I type in my login and pw correctly and it gives me the "connecting to server" prompt. Then it says "failed to connect to server."
I was able to play about 3 or so days ago and stopped working abruptly (although I can't determine exactly when it happened). I made no new changed to my computer that I can think of...unless installing Wolrd of Warcraft would interfere with this? I'm also unable to connect www.ssl.neocron.com to view my forum info. It says "The was refused when attempting to connect to ssl.neocron.com" (I use Mozlilla Firefox but it also doesn't work in IE)
Anyone else having/had the same problem or have any ideas how to fix? Please help I would like to play Neocron asap.

Toilet-Duck
15-11-04, 00:11
Need more info.

How do you connect? Is it through a firewall, router or network?

Transformer
15-11-04, 00:12
I'm behind a router but it's never been a problem before...maybe it had something to do with the recent patches? I dunno.

Toilet-Duck
15-11-04, 00:14
Have you opened all the required ports?

Has you router updated its firmware recently does it have an in built firewall?

Whos it made by and whats the model number?

Transformer
15-11-04, 00:18
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=316

That's my router. I never had to open any ports before so I assume they're all open.

Spoon
15-11-04, 01:38
If you use an advanced Firewall, make sure that the following ports are open for Neocron:

TCP/IP: 7000, 8020, 8040, 12000 (all remote)

UDP: 6000, 6001 (both local); 5000 - 5016 (all remote)

Taken from here:

Connection Issues (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=36)

-FN-
15-11-04, 21:09
I have to type in my login info twice all the time. Username. Password. Tab. Tab. Enter. Wait......... Back to Username and Password screen with no error. It works the second time tho :confused:

Your problem sounds port related tho as these guys surmise.

Xeno LARD
15-11-04, 21:13
I have to type in my login info twice all the time. Username. Password. Tab. Tab. Enter. Wait......... Back to Username and Password screen with no error. It works the second time tho :confused:

Your problem sounds port related tho as these guys surmise.

Same here, All ports etc are ok.

It started near the end of NC1 if I recall correctly.

Transformer
20-11-04, 02:01
well, i still can't get nc to work now...guess its time for me to quit.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 02:13
each patch changes the executable (or might change it), which means it has to be allowed through your firewll again in some cases. try opening the ports stated here before you just quit :)

Transformer
20-11-04, 03:05
well...magically the game started working...don't know how, honestly i don't care lol as long as i have my precious neocron!!!

Nidhogg
20-11-04, 14:46
Sounds like a net fart in that case.

N

Transformer
21-11-04, 20:25
Sounds like a net fart in that case.

N

I think its nortons internet sercurity tbh. whenever its not running at all NC doesn't work but when i run it and disable it then it works fine...oh well thx for all the help.