PDA

View Full Version : YO-YO bug

QuickFix
14-11-04, 20:04
sinec getting a new graphics card every time i zone i get the "yoyo bug"

i run away from the spawn point and get immediately pulled back, this is a nightmare if im zoning out of the UG at an OP war.

it also happens everytime i zone in hacknet, if i move i get pulled back repeatedly.

on top of that half of the time im in hacknet i get perma sync when zoning that means i have to press escape and log back in. or on the occasion i do actually zone through i get bugged, where i cant select any item in my QB and i cant zone as i dont actually seem to be ingame.

im using a Radeon X800 (latest catalyst drivers)
ive also tried omega drivers with the same result.

anyne else gettting this or have any idea's how to sort it out plz

Genji
14-11-04, 20:12
Happens to me ALL the time.

Spoon
14-11-04, 20:13
I've been getting the "rubberbanding" issue bad lately...

I thought it was a latency/netcode issue, tho.....

I wasn't aware of it being a gfx issue...... :confused:

I hate going anywhere that involves a UG, cave, cellar or door that you zone through......

I even got this in one of the Ceres' Labs, zone, rubberband in front of a few 127/127 mobs....niccceeee...... 8|

QuickFix
14-11-04, 20:16
any official word on how to fix it plz?

Omnituens
14-11-04, 20:35
i think it may have to do with FPS... apparently forcing Vsync on will help

i too get the rubberbanding bug from UG, and changing levels in ceres labs.

Smok3d
14-11-04, 20:42
yea i get this almost everytime i zone.its annoying when zoning out of the ug and having to stand there for about a min in sumones barrell

shardl0r
14-11-04, 23:25
I thought it had to do with the netcode fix put in a few patches ago - as in, you are unable to move until the zone has completely loaded. If you watch carefully, that is why you get bounced back - the zone isn't loaded properly.

Is there anyone who doesn't get the 'extreme lag' or bounce effect? If so, its a bug and we can report it.

shRd-

QuickFix
15-11-04, 00:15
I thought it had to do with the netcode fix put in a few patches ago - as in, you are unable to move until the zone has completely loaded. If you watch carefully, that is why you get bounced back - the zone isn't loaded properly.

Is there anyone who doesn't get the 'extreme lag' or bounce effect? If so, its a bug and we can report it.

shRd-

only a select few from my clan get it.

before i upgraded my vga card from a 4800se it didnt happen. my new card is much better but it happens al the time

shardl0r
15-11-04, 00:35
Thank god for that - I had already assumed it was a new 'feature', since its appearence seemed to coincide with a netcode fix/update.

Bug reports away..

shRd-

Sorin
15-11-04, 01:05
Very extremely annoying. It seems to go together with very high bandwidth (alt+f). When the bandwidth finally gets down low enough, you don't get the goddamn rubberband thing and can move again.

And why someone would have vsync off except for benchmarking is beyond me. It's not like your card can actually show you more frames than your monitor can refresh at anyways.

Nvidia
15-11-04, 01:21
I know what causes it.

I've had this bug since I reformatted my computer.

Make sure before you zone, you have Alt-F on. Then zone, and watch your bandwidth (BW).

When I zone anywhere including OP UGs, WoC Labs, Doors that require me to click to zone, etc... my bandwidth spikes.

Right after I zone, it'll spike to anywhere between 2,000 to 12,000. If I crouch down and wait, while I'm watching my Bandwidth, it'll slowly drop back down to normal levels. Once it drops below 1,000, you can move without "YO-YO-ing".

This bug is so fucking shitty - it's gotten me killed AT LEAST 15 times since I started getting it. All I gotta say is that if it isn't fixed soon, I'm not going to be around to deal with it.

And here I was thinking it was actually my computer this time, instead of KKs fault. How silly of me. :rolleyes:

sultana
15-11-04, 02:42
i think it may have to do with FPS... apparently forcing Vsync on will help

i too get the rubberbanding bug from UG, and changing levels in ceres labs.
It helps for me, most of the times I'll only get yo-yo'ed once, if that. At most it's twice. Without vsynch on it's yo-yoing me for at least 5-10 seconds after I zone.

Nvidia
15-11-04, 04:31
After a series of OP fights since my last statement, I have to say that turning on V-synch completely fixed my problem.

Kudos to the guy who suggested it.

Spoon
15-11-04, 05:58
Worked for me too......

I turned on "Wait for V-Sync" and it worked like a charm, no more rubberbanding......

Gfx Card: ATI Radeon 9800 pro

QuickFix
15-11-04, 09:48
hmm cant find the "vsynch" option on card.

where was it on yours ?

Bugs Gunny
15-11-04, 09:51
Oh god!!! A solution to the problem :-)
Thx.

It sure as hell sucked bad.

Nvidia
15-11-04, 09:57
I run a 6800GT, so I went into the Nvidia Display Driver Control Panel, and looked under advanced settings.

I know you have an ATI card, so that might not be the most helpful suggestion, but I'm pretty sure it's probably somewhere in your Video Card Control Panel.

P.S. - I don't know why I'm helping someone from PAIN after your little stunt with the map tonight. I must be going soft. ;) Hope you fix your problem.

QuickFix
15-11-04, 11:27
I run a 6800GT, so I went into the Nvidia Display Driver Control Panel, and looked under advanced settings.

I know you have an ATI card, so that might not be the most helpful suggestion, but I'm pretty sure it's probably somewhere in your Video Card Control Panel.

P.S. - I don't know why I'm helping someone from PAIN after your little stunt with the map tonight. I must be going soft. ;) Hope you fix your problem.

i have actually checked their, cant seem to find anything relating to "vsynch"

also what little stunt did we pull?

i went to bed at like 10:30, had the shakes.........alcohol is bad mmkay?

Darken
15-11-04, 11:33
If got that prob too, and btw VSync kills FPS

Omnituens
15-11-04, 12:36
If got that prob too, and btw VSync kills FPS
Vsync maxes out your FPS at the refresh rate of your monitor

so if you are running at 60Hz your gonna get 60FPS max

i run at 75Hz personally. much easier on the eyes.

mehirc
15-11-04, 13:34
Yes vsync-on reduces that problem, sometimes it still happens but never that bad anymore. Too bad the fps suffers of that setting, i had to turn it off again. Let's hope it will be fixed soon.

the_MAD_one
15-11-04, 21:16
Vsync maxes out your FPS at the refresh rate of your monitor

so if you are running at 60Hz your gonna get 60FPS max

i run at 75Hz personally. much easier on the eyes.

The problem with v-sync is that it halfs your fps if your Machine can't keep up. Say you're running the game at 1024x768 with 100hz(thats what I'm using), if you turn v-sync on the game will run at 100fps max. Thats all fine and nice, but the ugly part start when your PC can't do those 100fps. If that happens your System will wait a cycle while displaying the Image it allready has, effectively dropping your fps to 50. If your system can't do those 50fps it will drop to arround 25 fps and so on. Thats why alot of people play without v-sync, cause it's simply smoother than the framejumps you get with V-sync on.
The only thing that somewhat helps with the V-sync on problem is using tripplebuffering, but that uses some(rather alot) Vid Memory, so you might lose quite some performance.