PDA

View Full Version : need help with an .sfv file...

tomparadox
14-11-04, 18:42
ok, i downloaded something and its in the form of a .sfv file and a bunch of other files name (name).### (eg it.001 then next would be .002 ect ). i downloaded several programs to open the .sfv and they showed me a list of files inside the .### files, the files i saw were all .rar file but i cant seem to extract them with anything.

could anyone maby help me extract them?

naimex
14-11-04, 19:08
should be a flash video format...

you tried running it in "flash player" or "macromedia flash" ?

[TgR]KILLER
14-11-04, 20:21
the .001 etc should be winrar files indeed.. if you just use winrar by right click extract here it should unpack all the .001 .002 files at once. afaik all those numbers make up 1 file its just split up in several rar files.

Omnituens
14-11-04, 20:30
flash is usually .swf naimex

.sfv.... hmmm.... it is a mac file maybe? im not familiar with it. try winrar as stated above though, might get lucky

phunqe
14-11-04, 20:44
An SFV, Simple File Verificator, file contains information about the files it was created from, and stores records about the integrity of the files. A CRC check can be performed using an SFV program which checks the .sfv file with the actual files to verify whether they are corrupted or not.

There are a number of SFV creator/check programs, for example hkSFV32.

You only need the .sfv file if you want to check the integrity of your download.

If the files are named .001 .002 etc without a .rar file, you just open the .001 file with WinRAR for example and choose extract. It will automatically continue on all the subsequent .XXX files and unpack the file(s) within them.

Opar
14-11-04, 20:47
Flash = SWF

He's talking about SFV files.

SFV files are used to check the .001 files, whether or not they are corrupt.

naimex
14-11-04, 21:27
flash is usually .swf naimex

actually..

SWF = Swiff

which is Flash´es interactive "video".

there is a format called

sfv or something similar, which is a flash video format, something along the lines of DIVX for flash.

EDIT : sorry it was FLV i was thinking of, just looked it up to be sure.

tomparadox
15-11-04, 01:17
its a winrar format *feels stupid for not trying that before he posted >< :/* anyway ty for the help to all who posted.

mod: close pls

amfest
16-11-04, 17:30
heh .. sfv, par, par2 the savirors of USENET!!