PDA

View Full Version : Double Click, Triple Click, QBELT Selection for ppus

LTA
14-11-04, 15:44
heh just thinking ppus have to change between

Single
Group
Sanctums

So if they have 3 of the same types but in the Single, Group and Sanctum versions in there bag how about making it so you can stack the 3 into the quickbelt then select by multi clicking.

Say in slot one i have :

Holy Heal
Holy Group Heal
Holy Group Sanctum

then add say 3 tiny squares in the slot one below the pic to show then letme pick by pressing 1 say once for the single twice for the Group and 3 times for the Sanctum.
It's not that i want to see ppus more uber but i think it's mad they have to cast groups then stand changing there inv to singles then in fights switching around.

Morganth
14-11-04, 16:02
I think this would be a nice idea, maybe make it work for other classes (like people who level n00bs with a heal sanctum running) for fairness. Would be fair as it means the PPU is carrying more spells and has to be more careful, but also doesn't gimp them in combat because of switching spells.

5 Stars

HopesDespair
14-11-04, 16:07
I like it, only exception would be first belt

Sorin
15-11-04, 01:19
I like the system they use in Neverwinter Nights. You have a "quickbelt" we'll call it, for the sake of comparison to Neocron. It's 12 spots long and you use a spot by using the F1-F12 keys. But you also have 24 MORE spots. You access them holding shift, or control. As you hold shift, your have access to another 12 spot quickbelt, and as you hold control, you have access to yet another 12 spot quickbelt. So if you need to use something that's in your primary belt, just press F5 (or whatever spot it's in). If it's in your secondary belt, hold shift and then press F5, if it's in your third belt, hold control and press F5 (F5 being an example, mind you).

Might be workable for NC. Of course you should be able to rebind the key that switches the belts.

QuantumDelta
15-11-04, 04:11
Or EQ2s system.

Belt 1 = 1-= on the keyboard.
Belt 2 = Alt-1-Alt-= on the keyboard.
Etc to belt 10.

No one'll ever use ten belts in NC so say ... 3 belts?

Yes Please!

Birkoff
15-11-04, 04:32
Even introducing so that if u place something on a QB slot it replaces it.

So it you have haz in slot 8 and u drag melee 3 on it, haz goes to your QB and melee goes in slot 8.

That would be sexy. It some times used to do that... it was obviously a bug.

BlackDove
15-11-04, 08:25
Or EQ2s system.

Belt 1 = 1-= on the keyboard.
Belt 2 = Alt-1-Alt-= on the keyboard.
Etc to belt 10.

No one'll ever use ten belts in NC so say ... 3 belts?

Yes Please!

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH the place to store all the druggies for quick access *salivates*

Dunno, seems too much of a hassle, but I wouldn't complain.

ROZZER187
15-11-04, 10:36
Dunno, seems too much of a hassle, but I wouldn't complain.

what he said :D

sounds like a good idea but its a bit of hassle, but hey wont bother me, i deleted my ppu :lol:

dem0n
15-11-04, 10:57
Question:

You have 3 of them in 1st slot... which one drops?

Kopaka
15-11-04, 11:22
this is bullshit.
ur saying u want PPUs to be even more powerfull then they are right now?
a good PPU can switch his spells without a problem.
and in a fight u wouldnt use heal sanctum cuz it heals the opponent also.
u can afford to put a spell in the inventory and put heal sanc in the QB.
when u lvl, u would only need:
heal/s/d/haz(heat)/combat buff/spy(support)/dmg boost.
u dont need para or antipara or anti DB or whatever when lvling.
if enemies come, sd and a heal, then sort QB :p

my point: idea is lame

LTA
15-11-04, 17:04
So hows it make ppus even more powerfuller if the powerfull ones can already do it anyway?

Having the only anti ppu methods relying on spell switching, bugs and nib buffin...or hopin you bombard the anti buffed person before they rebuffed

like its not bs already

Carinth
15-11-04, 20:22
this is bullshit.
ur saying u want PPUs to be even more powerfull then they are right now?
and in a fight u wouldnt use heal sanctum cuz it heals the opponent also.
u can afford to put a spell in the inventory and put heal sanc in the QB.
when u lvl, u would only need:
heal/s/d/haz(heat)/combat buff/spy(support)/dmg boost.
u dont need para or antipara or anti DB or whatever when lvling.
if enemies come, sd and a heal, then sort QB :p

my point: idea is lame
Translation: You've never played a ppu, nor do you care enough to do so.

Having to swap spells in and out of inventory is stupid. Let me stand here, hit tab and drag spell X out, then drag spell Y in, hit tab, and return to combat.

Not bringing pvp spells when hunting is fine if you assume you're going to die and don't mind doing so. But some of us try to be prepared for any situation, because we don't want to die. Plus with just those buffs, you're leaving out much of the team.

BlackDove
15-11-04, 20:25
Btw, I hope everyone noticed the lov4rly change we got in NC2 that we didn't have in NC1 (at least I never have).

RPOS fatal. When you're arranging your items.

QuantumDelta
15-11-04, 23:33
Btw, I hope everyone noticed the lov4rly change we got in NC2 that we didn't have in NC1 (at least I never have).

RPOS fatal. When you're arranging your items.
Happened a lot Early NC1.

iCe, are you ever not an ass?

--
Seriously, the idea wouldn't be to boost PPUs, but to make them less annoying and stressful to play.

Playing a PPU is the most stressful and requiring roll in this game.
(Playing a Good, Team Based, with high survivability and ability to maintain others whilst doing it ... PPU, not the 'haha you can't kill me asshole' kind....)

greendonkeyuk
15-11-04, 23:48
amen to carinth and qd. ice sometimes id love to be able to see things from your point of view but i cant get my head that far up my arse. As for the topic of the thread, well basically yes tbh. how can anyone not like this idea. with the exception of ice`.

Doc Holliday
15-11-04, 23:51
Playing a PPU is the most stressful and requiring roll in this game.
(Playing a Good, Team Based, with high survivability and ability to maintain others whilst doing it ... PPU, not the 'haha you can't kill me asshole' kind....)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: theres plenty of them aint there. the 2nd kind i mean. like pigman et al. those are the funniest.