PDA

View Full Version : New PA Idea

Kierz
14-11-04, 11:07
Just wondering if I'm the only runner who's a bit sick of basicly seeing 1 of 4 different char types for all the high lvl'd players... I've come up with a bit of an idea here, who knows if it's feasible...

Another thing is you should be able to tell whether a player is hostile or friendly, just by looking at them (no targeting them doesn't count), you should be able to tell what faction they are from how they look... How about giving each faction their own strip of skins/pa-skins... Fallen Angels would be mutant based.. CA would be Bulkier Copbot/Stormbot based.. Mercs would be camo... do you seem what I'm getting at?

Please consider this idea it doesn't have to be complex, the PA could just change skin automaticly depending on your faction, or you could make all factions sell the PA's (probably a bad idea) and make the PA's faction restricted...

edit: btw I didn't bother checking if this idea is *new* someone may have suggested similar:)

Dan Szeen
14-11-04, 12:13
Sounds good. Makes sense.

I've always wanted to see City Mercs with their own distinctive gear.

nobby
14-11-04, 13:16
same here, good idea...
:)

naimex
14-11-04, 14:05
if nothing else, then its definitely worth a try, imo.

THE_TICK!!!!
14-11-04, 15:13
sounds cool !!!! :D five stars

Morganth
14-11-04, 15:15
Good idea, been said many times before.

I'd be happy if each factions logo appeared on your armour somewhere, and then you could make a logo for your clan, perhaps even KK set a limit on the size you can submit a clan logo at if you pay X credits in game.

Capt. Rik
14-11-04, 15:45
Love both the original and Morganth's addition about clan tags

5 *'s

Yin
14-11-04, 16:40
Heres a secret screen from Test server. KK is already working about those armors!

http://img5.exs.cx/img5/1681/newarmors.jpg

[TgR]KILLER
14-11-04, 17:01
making a whole lot of new armor takes time.. but they could start by giving us the option to colour it :( always worked but after zoning it was gone.

Darth Slayer
14-11-04, 17:07
Why would FA armor be mutant based ? If anything they like say Tangents would look the most Hi Tech.
Pfft Mutants indeed...... O_o

Scorpius.

Morganth
14-11-04, 17:13
Heres a secret screen from Test server. KK is already working about those armors!

Thats one of the worst Photoshop'd images I have ever seen.

Yin
14-11-04, 17:16
But thats is also the one of the fastest photoshop works ever made :)

Smock
14-11-04, 17:21
What we need is a PA editor.

Would be cool to see customized clan tags/logo's.

Edit: bugger, already suggested. :(

naimex
14-11-04, 17:24
can I have whatever armor Odin back there is wearing, lol

Birkoff
14-11-04, 17:32
Thsi is a joke thread right?

YOu don't really expect it to happen.... :rolleyes:

Spermy
14-11-04, 17:34

http://img5.exs.cx/img5/1681/newarmors.jpg

Give me back my eyes you bastard!

kevz
15-11-04, 01:11
***** tbh :)

Kierz
15-11-04, 01:22
Thsi is a joke thread right?

YOu don't really expect it to happen.... :rolleyes:
You can only hope.. KK seem to be doing good things atm:)

kevz
15-11-04, 02:48
btw, would be kewl to have some sort of graphical theme week, for new pa's and maybe new skins on certain items etc.

just a thought :rolleyes:

Mr Friendly
15-11-04, 03:07
its a good idea but trust me, even if it IS implemented, u wont see it for a good 3 months at least.

one thing they didnt tell u when u bought the game was the lack of GM support & patches. @_@

a sentence & a pic

hope ur enjoying my RPOS color set =)

f***in GM whoever it was took it & put it in with the other default ones to choose from.
(every single option & number is exactly the same :( / cept the clan chat was red & local was aqua or silver, cant remember)

sanityislost
15-11-04, 03:31
ummmmm why the fuck dont they just get the outfitters able to change the PA
skins and add a shit load of weird PA skins.....charge like 50k to change it

SiL ..:..

tiikeri
15-11-04, 03:35
omg the pas !!! harhar <3 <3 <3 leetsor etc...

tbh thats fucking gr8!

MkVenner
15-11-04, 03:53
would be sweet indeed, but what would CM pa be? camo? hehe

yeah just put a load of different skins in the outfitter, like the skin slector in the original UT

Birkoff
15-11-04, 04:04
Don't need to introduce MORE fucking PA. Just make PA not such a neccessity....

tiikeri
15-11-04, 04:12
PA is not neccesity. No matter what class you play.. but for some classes it might gimp you a bit, IE apu. Or how many HC tanks you see wearing PAs?

imo it will/would be nice to regonize your opponent easily by just seeing them, not just pointing em.

Birkoff
15-11-04, 04:23
PA is not neccesity. No matter what class you play.. but for some classes it might gimp you a bit, IE apu. Or how many HC tanks you see wearing PAs?

imo it will/would be nice to regonize your opponent easily by just seeing them, not just pointing em.

how many ppus/apus/melee tanks/any spies do u see PAless?

I plays PAless PPU but its gimps.... less resists... not capped shelter..less mana pool....

tiikeri
15-11-04, 04:31
how many ppus/apus/melee tanks/any spies do u see PAless?

I plays PAless PPU but its gimps.... less resists... not capped shelter..less mana pool....

ppus without pa > ppus with pa. and i know few who still do that.
almost cap their shelter, and now with gaya glove, the mana pool isn't that big problem.

Melee tanks: last time yesterday, I even did that once myself, but clan mates insisted that i wear camo.

Apus: seen few, tried it myself too, imo with pa = kewler.

spies: not many, i tend not to use pa on my droner.

Omnituens
15-11-04, 09:03
got to remember the draw distance issue - ppl just appear as little brown blobs until they get close - and then even if they are wearing PA it will be using the default colouring until they are right on top of you.

ROZZER187
15-11-04, 10:32
nice idea imo, kinda a pin in the arse back in nc1 when every tank in pepper park was wearing camo pa :rolleyes:

but i dont think it will get implemented.

you can see if a player is hostile by looking at there faction tag but i guess when you got 10 tanks running at you, you dont really got time to look at there tags :lol:

5 stars btw :)

LOST
15-11-04, 14:07
alot of players that play tanks did a vote like this ages ago :)

if they could add a script line that automatically changes your PA base colour to the same as your factions colour.

It is used when the client starts up to load your rposcolor.ini to colour factions how you want.

the only possible problem is when you change faction you would have to relog so your client can update.

Coloured PA's get my vote tho.

Darth Slayer
15-11-04, 15:14
one thing they didnt tell u when u bought the game was the lack of GM support & patches. @_@

So one patch a week is not good enough for you then ?
GM support is actually better than most other MMORPG's out there.

Scorpius.

mehirc
15-11-04, 15:26
I love the idea of faction based PA's. Customizeable PA's would be the ultimate. I would also like to see a difference between male and female PA. :)

One is fact, we still have clone'o cron and nobody likes to look like each other.

Selendor
15-11-04, 16:49
They originally restricted the PA because of concerns about server load. But for a MMORPG this game really doesn't offer enough customisation in appearance at cap.

You would think that with a new game, engine, and servers, we could have an increase in appearance types...

And yes, specific Powerarmour for each faction that you could then colour to your choice would be great.

Spermy
15-11-04, 17:10
You would think that with a new game, engine, and servers, we could have an increase in appearance types...

*Looks around*

errr....

looks like the same old, same old to me fella...

Although - now the drones have had some loving - I don't think it will be long before we see reworks on other stuff, so - I'd guess it's just a case of hold on to those britches dude :)

Murder Elf
15-11-04, 17:30
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe if like on the legg there was a band or something the same colour as the faction colours on the world map when you are seeing who owns what op. THat way if your not sure on the colour and u have time u can check.

Selendor
15-11-04, 20:38
When I say engine I mean the move to directx 9 which was supposed to take the load off the cpu and allow better performance.

-FN-
15-11-04, 21:11
Visually unique armor with a Faction Requirement sounds cool to me :) I was glad to see KK add the visibility of weapons on players but I was really hoping to see players with Battlehelmets, Shelter Pants, Deflector Belts, etc, showing on thier person :(

Xeno LARD
15-11-04, 21:33
Visually unique armor with a Faction Requirement sounds cool to me :) I was glad to see KK add the visibility of weapons on players but I was really hoping to see players with Battlehelmets, Shelter Pants, Deflector Belts, etc, showing on thier person :(

Yeh, like on Diablo or something like that.

-FN-
15-11-04, 21:41
Yeh, like on Diablo or something like that.

More like Morrowind :D

Clownst0pper
15-11-04, 21:56
Cut the middle man out and have faction logos on the front and back of each factions PA for all classes.

Spermy
15-11-04, 22:01
Stick em on the shoulder - or a small one on one side of the chest like a badge and you make me happy. :D

Kierz
20-11-04, 11:24
I think we deserve a little more than recoloured PA's if KK wants to be serious about this, how about keeping the same base model/structure but adding little extra things, !'ve come up with a few ideas for most factions now (I am kinda new to the game so I don't know the factions too well):

Black Dragon: Thug's + tatoo'd
City Admin: CopBot/StormBot variations
City Mercs: Camo
Crahn: Cloak wearers
Fallen Angels: Slightly Mutated (see TH traders and workers in HQ)

BT/PP/TT/NEXT/TS require a bit more imagination and it's gone 10am so bed time;x

p.s. thx for the posative responce:> (shame no replies from the guys that count..)
*slaps N*

boneybob
20-11-04, 14:41
More like Morrowind :D

:D , those armor variations were genious.

Have to agree with that Omni said in the last page of the thread, you have to think about draw distance and low spec computers (no names mentioned :p ).

So, yer its an excelent idea but could think about other differnces besides the skins of the armor, (as above) could go for acctual model diffences although harder to implament.

BB

Killfly
20-11-04, 19:34
5 stars.

I actually think that, aside from bugs needing to be sorted, customisation is one of the only things really missing from NC2... Atm, everyone looks just like everyone else...

What about some clothes shops where we can buy outfits and store them in a cab or something?...

Kierz
29-11-04, 12:36
5 stars.

I actually think that, aside from bugs needing to be sorted, customisation is one of the only things really missing from NC2... Atm, everyone looks just like everyone else...

What about some clothes shops where we can buy outfits and store them in a cab or something?...

Well there are a load of broken down Outfitters, although I'm a new nc2 player so I don't really know what they're supposed to do..

naimex
29-11-04, 15:04
Well there are a load of broken down Outfitters, although I'm a new nc2 player so I don't really know what they're supposed to do..

they are used to change your clothing, for when you are NOT wearing a Power Armor, and you can chance power armor color in them too, but it only lasts whilst you´re in the same zone..

(psst... bumping is bad ;))

Kierz
30-11-04, 07:58
(psst... bumping is bad ;))
I only go on the forums every couple of days and still had this window open, didn't see it was "dead" ;>

[/bump]

Xeno LARD
30-11-04, 13:21
As there's 4 PA's (one for each class) and just different color, why not let us choose them?

Quake
01-12-04, 00:22
Would be alot more if you could customize you're own look. Now im thinking about the dressthing that has been in Necron since day 1, and has never worked properly.

§FS§Red Wing
01-12-04, 00:37
I want female PAs.

naimex
01-12-04, 01:05
I want female PAs.

I want females.

Darth Slayer
01-12-04, 14:49
I want females.
But enough about your sex life or lack of it........... :lol:

Scorpius.

Spermy
04-12-04, 17:32
Two Ideas

Same camo scheme - But maybe bonuses vary according to which faction made it?

also factions have different coloured PA

FA:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/FAPAcopy.jpg

Proto

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/FAPA2copy.jpg

City Mercs?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/CMPAcopy.gif

-=Dredduk=-
04-12-04, 18:10
That would be great if that got added...