PDA

View Full Version : Weird heal bug.

SorkZmok
14-11-04, 06:32
Ok, i made a thread about this ages ago and i still got that bug.

TL 3 heal wont work on any of my characters. I got a hybrid with a capped TL 3 heal. It should heal 6 to 7 health a tick. But it actually heals 1 to 2 only. Sometimes 6 to 7. Sometimes 3, sometimes 2. Its completely random.
And i got it on all of my characters. On 2 accounts. 8 characters. I had it in NC1, i got it in NC2. Nothing fixes it.

Anyone else got that bug? I'm desperate!

jini
14-11-04, 06:56
I ve noticed this is happening when you receive falling damage kid when you hit your legs. Then you heal really slow.

SorkZmok
14-11-04, 07:12
Nah, i get it everywhere. All the time.

Sorin
14-11-04, 07:20
Nah, i get it everywhere. All the time.

Me too, and I FUCKING HATE IT. Holy Heal works the same way, just doesn't go as low as 1. Somtimes it'll heal 8 or 9 per tick, sometimes 30. They had fixed it in NC1 and made it so that it always healed the same amount for a given damage %, which RULED ALL, but now its back to being goddamn annoyingly random.

There's nothing like have 566hp and healing 1hp per tick. :rolleyes:

FatDogg
14-11-04, 08:29
I noticed this while soloing the graves today. I was like wait a minute I'm losing too much he.....

Seven
14-11-04, 09:02
I'm getting this also and it's very annoying.

Omnituens
14-11-04, 10:04
Random PPU damage crept back in again maybe?

Dargeshaad
14-11-04, 10:25
Seems to me the more HPs you've lost, the more likely you are to get those 6-7 hp heal a tick, but if you've only lost some 20 hps then it's more likely to only heal 1-2 hp a tick. Not sure if there's a connection there :confused:

Glok
14-11-04, 11:02
I seemed to be healing very slow in canyon last night. I would be at 200 health, toss on a heal and then still be at 220 health 15 seconds later. Healing 5 times to get to full health is not cool.

nobby
14-11-04, 13:15
2 Words!
Fix-it !

Nidhogg
14-11-04, 13:20
Has anyone reported it in the in-game bug tracker?

N

Ascension
14-11-04, 13:23
Yeah sounds like random PPu damage has crept in.. wouldnt know personally playing an apu :p

Babai
14-11-04, 13:41
I have the same bug too on my capped tl 3 heal.

Sorin
14-11-04, 13:44

N

I've been reporting things left and right lately, but I'm not sure the majority of the players know how to find the bug tracker. I don't think I've reported the heal. I've reported other things numerous times since beta though, does anyone actually read what goes through the bug tracker?

Nidhogg
14-11-04, 14:02
does anyone actually read what goes through the bug tracker?
Yes. Since NC2 was released that is the official way to report bugs, which are then collected by the QA team.

N

Morganth
14-11-04, 15:45
Never had this problem on any of my characters (PPU, PEs, Tanks) and never witnessed/heard of it with clan members. Strange :wtf:

Yes. Since NC2 was released that is the official way to report bugs, which are then collected by the QA team.

N

Hence the lack of fixes in NC1 I guess?

Omnituens
14-11-04, 19:56
oooooooooo burn!

QuickFix
14-11-04, 20:09
Never had this problem on any of my characters (PPU, PEs, Tanks) and never witnessed/heard of it with clan members. Strange :wtf:

i just choked on my pizza

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlackDove
14-11-04, 21:19
Can't say I have this, although I didn't check the current patch.

When I did look at it, it was after loming and Gring - and then waiting for the SI to wear off. It healed me the exact number of points (think it was 6), per second (or 1.5 seconds - don't know the actual time sink inbetween "heals").

But, that was a few patches ago. Didn't give a shit until you guys just mentioned it.

What I do LOVE though, is while I have the SI impairment and want to heal - the heal is ATTEMPTING to heal me, but health just rolls down to some pre-destined number, until the SI is gone. Nice.

Serpent
14-11-04, 22:53
relog helps at my pc :D

Dargeshaad
14-11-04, 23:08
relog helps at my pc :D

can i relog from your pc plsplsplspls :D :D

Sorin
15-11-04, 01:11
Can't say I have this, although I didn't check the current patch.

When I did look at it, it was after loming and Gring - and then waiting for the SI to wear off. It healed me the exact number of points (think it was 6), per second (or 1.5 seconds - don't know the actual time sink inbetween "heals").

But, that was a few patches ago. Didn't give a shit until you guys just mentioned it.

What I do LOVE though, is while I have the SI impairment and want to heal - the heal is ATTEMPTING to heal me, but health just rolls down to some pre-destined number, until the SI is gone. Nice.

Not sure if I understand that you're understanding, but just to be clear; yeah it does heal the same amount for each sessions (90% of the time). Like if I heal 5 per tick, it'll heal 5 *every* tick until it wears off. But the next time I cast it, it'll do anywhere from 1-7 per tick, but it'll always be the same for *that* sessions. i.e. if it's doing 1 per tick, it'll do 1 per tick til it wears off. Then next time we heal it might be 7 per tick (god send). So it doesn't flucuate during the heal, just from heal session to heal session.

Tostino
15-11-04, 01:20
yea i had this with my ppu... and it sucks ass you cant keep your party alive at all :(

Sorin
15-11-04, 01:21
yea i had this with my ppu... and it sucks ass you cant keep your party alive at all :(

Yeah. There's nothing like having a capped Holy Heal healing the same 7hp per tick that the tank next to you is healing with his 480% TL 3 heal. :rolleyes: Damned frustrating.

Tostino
15-11-04, 01:26
Yeah. There's nothing like having a capped Holy Heal healing the same 7hp per tick that the tank next to you is healing with his 480% TL 3 heal. :rolleyes: Damned frustrating.
i just had the PEs heal and i just s/d and rezed because there heal was much faster then mine was :'(

Dromidas
15-11-04, 01:42
Hm, I haven't really noticed this, the biggest issues i've noticed however are when a mob "attacks" without being able to see who they're attacking their attack gets queued up somewhere and they often queue up 10 attacks (think about chaos caves) and soon as the person i'm healing gets in view all 10 attacks that were queued + their new attack gets released for 11 attacks from just 1 mob land and insta kill them from full health.
It's extremely annoying, it's very visible on warbots and launcher clops. They'll go through the shooting motion X times and then as soon as you step into view X rockets will fly from their hand to hit you.

Mr Friendly
15-11-04, 02:42
its normal (the random healing)

was implemented quite a while back way before the end of nc1

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

but if ur spell like the blessed heal or holy heal is healing for only 3 or 4 a tick, its bugged.
TO FIX, simply remove from ur QB into ur inventory or wherever & place back in ur QB - shold be fine now.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hm, I haven't really noticed this, the biggest issues i've noticed however are when a mob "attacks" without being able to see who they're attacking their attack gets queued up somewhere and they often queue up 10 attacks (think about chaos caves) and soon as the person i'm healing gets in view all 10 attacks that were queued + their new attack gets released for 11 attacks from just 1 mob land and insta kill them from full health.
It's extremely annoying, it's very visible on warbots and launcher clops. They'll go through the shooting motion X times and then as soon as you step into view X rockets will fly from their hand to hit you.

i only noticed it when i duck behind a hill when they were doing the firing motion

Sorin
15-11-04, 03:19
its normal (the random healing)

was implemented quite a while back way before the end of nc1

Patch notes for NC1 patch #185 state:

"Removed random factor from the effect of PPU spells."

Nowhere in subsequent patch notes does it say that it was reimplemented. It's back because it snuck back, not because it was intentionally added back.

Mr Friendly
15-11-04, 03:21
guess i missed that @_@

SorkZmok
16-11-04, 09:04

NI got told i should email helpdesk about it. They never answered me. :(

Anna
16-11-04, 12:05
i havent noticed it on my ppu yet, but a friend of mine is lvling a noobie tank, and its easier to spot with an uncapped tl3 heal

it depends on the zone
in certain zones, i heal 1 1 1 1, which offcourse, isnt supposed to be
then i reach the next zone, and i heal 5 6 4 7, like it should do
then i zone again, and its 1 1 1 1 again

seems to me, 'something' in the zone, or zoning itself, causes the heal to only do its minimum damage, not counting any damage % you have on the heal

havent been able to trigger it though, looks random, still looking

EDIT: so its not as much random damage, random would still be ok, its MINIMUM damage

phunqe
16-11-04, 16:36
I random damage on PPU spells becomes a feature, PPUs can be removed all together.
I don't play pure PPU anylonger, but that will render them more or less useless even as a hunting support character. I doubt anyone would like to go hunt high level mobs with a PPU that does random damage on their shelters and heals, especially when you can't override a previously casted spell.

PPU: "Sorry man, you gotta wait until that 200% shelter wears off"
APU: "wtf"
Ceres Launcher: "MWAHAHAHAHHA"

kurai
16-11-04, 17:41
...it depends on the zone...I've had it in many zones.
I spent night before last tracking PAIN the length and breadth of the worldmap, picking off their stragglers as they took OP after OP.
The variable heal happened in all, as far as I recall.

It's fucking annoying when fall damage from a tiny hill takes off 30 out of 401 health and breaks your legs ...
then you get 2 consecutive low heals, 1 point per tick.

30 seconds till I'm uncrippled again. :mad:

When these two `design` issues come together in a double whammy like that it's a damn death sentence for a spy.

El Jimben
16-11-04, 20:01
This isn't similar to the bug you sometimes get with weapons? IE crap ROF & about 2 dmg until u pull another weapon or dump the weapon in your inventory and re-equip?

Seven
16-11-04, 20:19
This isn't similar to the bug you sometimes get with weapons? IE crap ROF & about 2 dmg until u pull another weapon or dump the weapon in your inventory and re-equip?

Probably connected to the same bug.

SorkZmok
16-11-04, 20:40
Similar yes, but i only had the buf you just described when i log on with a weapon out. Gotta put it away and get it out again to get the usual damage/rof on it. But that wont fix the random heal bug.

I just found out, my heal changes even when i stay in the same zone. Just been firemob hunting and in the beginning my heal worked just fine but suddenly went down to 1-1-1-1 and some time later back up a bit to 3-2-3-2 but then got stuck again. :(

kurai
16-11-04, 20:47
This isn't similar to the bug you sometimes get with weapons? IE crap ROF & about 2 dmg until u pull another weapon or dump the weapon in your inventory and re-equip?Not really.

I had differing heal/tick rates with consecutive heal casts without un-equipping/re-equipping the spell.

i.e.
*cast* 1-1-1-1-1...*cast*5-5-6-5-6-5...*cast* 1-1-1-1-1-1...

Koth
18-11-04, 16:32
never happened to me tbh, but i have seen a couple times in PVP where ive had 2 holy heals running on me somehow :S thats happened a couple of times.

Xeno LARD
18-11-04, 17:07
I can't say I have a problem. Capped h/s and heal seems to keep me alive nicly. :).

SorkZmok
28-11-04, 05:02
*bump*

Still got it. On all characters. Relogging doesnt help, zoneing doesnt help, nothing helps. Much much fun when i gotta heal my tank back up to 500 health with a "1 health a tick" heal. Haha.
And yes, i sent in a help request. They told me to email helpdesk. They got my mail. And still no answer. Its 3 weeks now. KK dont care. Fuck this. :(

sultana
28-11-04, 07:29
The only time I ever get the bug is when my legs are damaged, put up a heal and jump from say level 2 of pp1 down to level 1, loose maybe 30-40 health? But the heal will only be going up at 1 hp per tick. (On my pe btw).