PDA

View Full Version : Drone Theme Week

Plight
13-11-04, 00:01
Read teh poll! Do you think the drone (and first) themeweek was a success?

Personally, i believe it was a HUGE success. Many bugs that had been needing fixing for a while finally got squashed. Add on top of that the new models, hud, and modifications of existing models and you get a VERY productive 2 weeks.

nobby
13-11-04, 00:09
was a huge success!
teh sex tbh!

Maester Seymour
13-11-04, 00:11
I think it was a huge success too, Lets hope the rest of the theme weeks are just as successful as this one has been. :)

Plight
13-11-04, 00:22
I agree. If the quality of other theme weeks is as good as this one.... the possibilites for Neocron (and kk) are endless. I get all giddy when i think about it. :D

Ozzon
13-11-04, 00:31
This theme week made me reactivate my account, if other theme weeks will be as good as this one, then NC has a chance to get some new people now, altough it depends if KK will be as active as they are now during next theme weeks.

sanityislost
13-11-04, 00:40
This was a step KK needed to make, so all n all it worked perfectly :D

SiL ..:..

BradSTL
13-11-04, 08:06
I was disappointed. They asked us what bugs we had. We told them the same bugs that we've been telling them for 18 months, since before I left NC1. They acted shocked and surprised to hear about them. They fixed maybe a third of them.

They asked us for input on what else we'd like. They ignored all of it. Instead, they gave us three things that we didn't ask for: the mostly useless Ion drones, the actively useless drone racing track, and the very pretty new HUD that broke droning altogether for the roughly half of the users whose cards aren't compatible with DirectX 9.

When we submit bugs in the in-game bug tracker, are we just pissing in the wind? Does anybody actually read, categorize, and track those bugs? If so, then why the big surprise over bugs that are older than 90% of the player base?

superfresh
13-11-04, 09:32
Been great. Cookies for KK :)

Seven
13-11-04, 10:32
It went well, but most of all it shows effort as far as planning and working towards a goal.

I know the people at KK bust their ass, but lack of direction and bad decisions have made a mess of things in the past.

This is a very good start and theme weeks should continue. :cool:

BlackDove
13-11-04, 12:29
Thing is, drone bugs aren't squashed. When the theme week ends, what happens to that? Are they put back on "ignore"?

[TgR]KILLER
13-11-04, 12:30
hell yea like it so much i am in the process of lomming out my spy's pc wep psu rep and a little ress to go drones ^^ just gonna keep 140 ress or so for ressing drones ( higher TL's with OP bonus )

Genty
13-11-04, 13:14
Progress has been made, so that is a sucess for KK. However before everyone gets too excited there needs to be a lot more progress in a lot of different areas. It is encouraging to see things actually be fixed and actually be changed.

Sorin
13-11-04, 13:21
I think the drone weeks have gone pretty well, considering. If the rest of the theme weeks go at least as well, I think we'll be in good shape. I think the theme weeks are a great idea, as it allows KK to concentrate their resources on certain areas to get them fixed/sorted/improved much faster; rather than having everyone, work on everything, all the time.

Killfly
13-11-04, 15:32
...and the very pretty new HUD that broke droning altogether for the roughly half of the users whose cards aren't compatible with DirectX 9

My droner's borked now for that very reason :( I posted a screenie in this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=118340) thread, so I won't repeat it here... This basically renders my droner unplayable until/if it gets fixed... :(

jernau
14-11-04, 00:35
I think there was a lot of good things :
- The new HUD has much improved one of droning's biggest annoyances.
- The new model - it's so rare we get new weapon models so that was nice
- Bug fixes
- More communication to and from KK in the last 2 weeks than the previous year
- New line of drones and another hint at what WoC holds
- The racetrack. I don't know why but I really love it even though it is flawed (layout is v. simple and not all drones fit into it, etc.).

There were also things I would have liked to see more of :
- Events. Either I missed them or there weren't any
- New models - the model thread implied more were coming but we only got one and it's so much better than the old ones it makes them look a bit silly
- Bug fixes
- Testing. As with events I may have missed it but I expected to see the Devs and GMs getting groups of droners to perform tests to narrow down the bugs that (as Brad says) we've known about for years but they seem to be unaware of somehow.

Then there are the things I'm worried about :
- Whether this will be the end of droning fixes forever. Obviously I appreciate that drones have had their turn and now KK are moving on but at least one new issue has appeared this "week" which needs urgent attention.
- Issues around the insanely high TLs of drones still weren't addressed which makes me wonder if KK are somehow unaware or consider them acceptable as is.
- Flight control system remains comical.

Overall I'd say it was very successful considering this is the first "theme week" and KK need to adjust to a new way of working. The most promising thing to me was that KK actually discussed things and listened to what people had to say.