PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Caps

QuickFix
12-11-04, 18:51
im guessing the cap for al non psi weapon have been reduced

with 160 HC i fully cap a CS, aiming included.

so this is a feature ?

hybrid tanks on the way............

fully capped CS and DG and melee shocker?

anyone say overpowered

EDIt, im also guessing PA is worthless because of the -ve Ath, and no need for the HC.

maybe we will see a come back of the libby Tanks and PE tanks

Bushid0
12-11-04, 19:16
CS and melee shocker

libby tank :eek:

its almost like early NC1 retail

Birkoff
12-11-04, 19:20
Melee shockers are overpowered as fuck anyway.. like OMG OVERPOWERED.... so is para but shockers are a joke. They last half the tie as holy para but they do the same effect dont need mana and have a stupidly high ROF.... stupid TBH.

I have no proplem with Tanks capping there CS out right.

kthxbye

naimex
12-11-04, 21:22
I cap every hc weapon i have... without pa on, and without an eye in...

even cap the unmodded rare weapons..

and i can lose a lot of my hc and still cap them... so all melee and all hc capped...

i think tanks will be overpowered now. WAY overpowered.

giga191
12-11-04, 21:59
I cap every hc weapon i have... without pa on, and without an eye in...

even cap the unmodded rare weapons..

and i can lose a lot of my hc and still cap them... so all melee and all hc capped...

i think tanks will be overpowered now. WAY overpowered.
Just need to give seperate imps for HC and MC.

Jesterthegreat
12-11-04, 22:15
melee doesnt do more damage than a CS in close combat to a well spec'd char... i fail to see how it overpowers tanks.

besides i had capped tank stats on a C Sand a thunderbolt in NC 1 anyway... it was never hard (especially with beast being +25 HC)

naimex
13-11-04, 00:31
melee doesnt do more damage than a CS in close combat to a well spec'd char... i fail to see how it overpowers tanks.

besides i had capped tank stats on a C Sand a thunderbolt in NC 1 anyway... it was never hard (especially with beast being +25 HC)

how about a tank with low lvl ppu implant, resist implants, full cap on all hc and mc rares.

with no pa, meaning full speed...

he wont need a ppu to go to war alone anymore..

plague
13-11-04, 00:39
yay, finnaly tanks got some powah. heh.....all they need to do is give melee malus to hc imps...problem solved..

Spermy
13-11-04, 00:40
It probably affects everyone - spies have it easier - anyone using the skills in question have it easier - if tanks are flawed now - then they were flawed before.

jini
13-11-04, 00:55
what about monks? anybody?

plague
13-11-04, 00:57
what about monks? anybody?

what about them? they r overpowered enough already lol, i gues they just tryed to bring evryone else up to their level....evryone esle xept pe's :p

jini
13-11-04, 01:06
what about them? they r overpowered enough already lol, i gues they just tryed to bring evryone else up to their level....evryone esle xept pe's :pwell they were yes. but it wont surprise me if they get yet another boost.
as far as the pes are concerned it seems they also got a lot of boost. they easily cap every gun now....
this might hurt spies, but on the other hand its possible now a good inqui setup along with weapons capping. it's a more powerfull world overall

plague
13-11-04, 01:11
exactly :D ...pe's low tech got freq nerfed i hear, but am still at work and didn't have chanse to test evrything out. It so much better to c things upgraded rather then nerfed, very nice patch.

MkVenner
13-11-04, 01:23
well i know its not really a nerf but my PE does 2 less damage agains a WB with my libby now :p

and it feels more...sluggish...

Sorin
13-11-04, 01:33
I love the skill changes. My HC tank is now FINALLY using his weapons in line with the way my various RC and PC characters use theirs, i.e. he can finally fully cap all the weapons he uses.

God I hope they don't nerf the new skill changes. If anything, make the HC/MC negatives on MC/HC chips more prominent and/or add them on chips that they're missing. I don't want my tank renerfed because a few jackasses end up abusing the new skill system. :mad: I'm tired of getting my characters nerfed because of a handful of choice asshats (re: hybrid monks, etc.).

Oath
13-11-04, 01:43
Since it's been a while.....

SEXFICKGEILBOOBSTITTENMOFO!!!

I like this a lot, finally tanks are on the same level as everyone else, without gimping!

fukosrofl!

:p :lol: :D

naimex
13-11-04, 01:46
I like this a lot, finally tanks are on the same level as everyone else, without gimping!

*ARMS BOMB*

*SETS TIMER*

*RUNS AWAY*

Tanks are still not ***

Serpent
13-11-04, 01:49
how much hc you need to cap a cs ?
someone said 224 with everything

is this true ?

Oath
13-11-04, 01:55

is this true ?

With the new formulas no, previously you needed around 224 but now much less, means we can spec force and a little transport *not that we need it* not sure if it's goin to free much INT points though.....

Oh yeah......GIVE TANKZORS *** !!OEnoeeoeone

naimex
13-11-04, 02:08

is this true ?

LOL !!

i heard 160 to fully cap a cs..

i have 204 hc with my pa 3 on..

i can cap an unmodded malediction, and a modded doombeamer with 204 hc minus pa3

Dirus
13-11-04, 02:09
I have 2 areas to look into adjusting still. The first is the possibility of lowering the skill required for aim on pistols, it seems to be a little bit too high atm. The other is Melee's cap points. I won't say that I'm going to change them, cuz I may not I'm just letting you know I'm not finished. Theres also the issue of a statement saying that Pistols will only ever require half their TL's worth of WEP. If someone can point me to that statment I'll see if its still viable balance wise.

Sorin
13-11-04, 02:10

is this true ?

I don't know about a CS, as I don't have one. But on a Doom Beamer (read, 5 TLs higher than CS) I cap all stats with 210 H-C and 81 Wep. Doom Beamer stats are damage/frequency/handlying/range 114/110/111/103.

So it should be piss easy on an all 120% CS.

I have 2 areas to look into adjusting still. The first is the possibility of lowering the skill required for aim on pistols, it seems to be a little bit too high atm. The other is Melee's cap points. I won't say that I'm going to change them, cuz I may not I'm just letting you know I'm not finished. Theres also the issue of a statement saying that Pistols will only ever require half their TL's worth of WEP. If someone can point me to that statment I'll see if its still viable balance wise.

Well if the patch notes from this site (http://nc.synergyxr.net/patchnote.php?id=30) are 100% word for word, then in regards to pistols versus rifles:

Additionally, they target much faster than Rifles

That's the closest thing I could find so far. =/

naimex
13-11-04, 02:14

Lupus mate.. just do what you gotta do to balance stuff out...

I dont want an overpowered anything.

even if that means nerfing the class i play.

MkVenner
13-11-04, 02:19
yeah what naimex said :p

hmm any one actually found where they sell the level 3 HC Eye? not at TT or Krytons....

Spoon
13-11-04, 02:21
I'm loving it......

:D

Dirus
13-11-04, 02:27
yeah what naimex said :p

hmm any one actually found where they sell the level 3 HC Eye? not at TT or Krytons....

There seems to be an issue with the HC3 eye not selling at the TT FSM. I'll look into that at some point tomorrow, and see if I can do something without needing a patch.

MkVenner
13-11-04, 02:28
There seems to be an issue with the HC3 eye not selling at the TT FSM. I'll look into that at some point tomorrow, and see if I can do something without needing a patch.
hehe, cool

.Cyl0n
13-11-04, 02:55
the patch r0x :D

Morganth
13-11-04, 03:22
I have 214 HC with the HC Eye 2 in, and I fully cap all tank rares (possibly not range but who gives a shit?) at fairly decent stats. I'd say about 190 HC would be the barest minimum to get good stats on a Doomie or the CA Plasma Wave, however much less is probably needed for CS/Rav.

SEX TBH!!!

Philchow
13-11-04, 04:45
The first is the possibility of lowering the skill required for aim on pistols, it seems to be a little bit too high atm.

Thanks. :p

netster
13-11-04, 11:43
with 160 HC i fully cap a CS, aiming included.
just a full artifact .... even ... dont think u full capp it with 175 a "normal" (mid range values arround 105-115)....

this its a good option, cause think of the guns u were not using ?

<3 the patch :D

Serpent
13-11-04, 12:22
think, got to loom then :x

Yelly
13-11-04, 12:57
Saw that someone said PE's got it worse now ......
Well possibly lowtech but NOT hightech
They even cap the best pistols ingame
So the one that is bad now is the spy
as he canīt use shelter and stuff like PE can so
as far as I understand PE got lots of more power now
Not that I care anyway.Ppl say some classes are overpowered.
As I can see all are except the spy atm so it makes it fair.
Just get the spirit mod back and all classes are overpowered so no time for
whining ;)

LiL T
13-11-04, 13:07
I'm liking these changes being able to spec 100 agil and still having 370 ROF on lib is great a capped ROF libby really tears people a new one ;)

deac
13-11-04, 13:35
the main point with hc tanks is... YOU CAN NOW SPEC TRANSPORT

hc tanks are all about aoe... now you can use it

ie you can bring a fokload off ammo with you.

Ascension
13-11-04, 13:39
what about them? they r overpowered enough already lol, i gues they just tryed to bring evryone else up to their level....evryone esle xept pe's :p

Lol, APu PPu together we overpowered.. Apu on his own, vulnerable.. If he dont keep his wits about him hes fucked.. Or if he loses his legs hes fucked :p

LiL T
13-11-04, 13:43
I think they should really remove the melee shocker CS and melee shocker mixed in is really overpowered there was someone on saturn who used a CS + a shocker. They would shock me straight away and start firing I take a anti shock then as soon as I started moving again they shock me :mad: so I take another and then they would spam it. Total lameness and it don't just do a little shock its like glue I swear if people start that shit I will use frezzer pistol which is also lame.

Doc Holliday
13-11-04, 14:32
how about a tank with low lvl ppu implant, resist implants, full cap on all hc and mc rares.

with no pa, meaning full speed...

he wont need a ppu to go to war alone anymore..

thats a tankacron set up if ever i heard one. would that be the exp psi one or what ever peeps used "back in the day" then naim?

Jesterthegreat
13-11-04, 14:33
i near capped a CS and used a thunderbolt in NC1... it was possible before and its possible now.

now that there are pistol / rifle exclusive imps, ppu / apu exclusive imps, ranged / drone exculsive imps and heavy / melee exclusive imps KK need to decide if they are willing to except "hybrids" (in all classes) or have a malus on all imps for the opposing skill

:edit: bollocks to tanks... PE can use psi defensive 1 and 2... once i work out what kinda rc is needed ill be workin on a new improved setup :p

if i use the epic rifle i dont need any +dex...

moveon / ppr / def 1 / def 2 / str booster 2...

inq 3, sick psi, nice resists...

Bushid0
13-11-04, 17:41
think, got to loom then :x
its typical i just recap myself and now its time to lom :lol:

Morganth
13-11-04, 17:42
its typical i just recap myself and now its time to lom :lol:

Same here, I recently changed my tank setup but now it looks like its got to be altered again.

Tycho C
13-11-04, 18:30
Honestly, I wouldnt be worried about tanks. You should wory about me, a PE with a capped Healing Light and only needing one drug that lasts 10 min...

Morganth
13-11-04, 18:56
Honestly, I wouldnt be worried about tanks. You should wory about me, a PE with a capped Healing Light and only needing one drug that lasts 10 min...

Shame I recently LoMed by Slasher PE, or he'd be up there with you. Near-fully capped Slasher with the resists of a tank would be quite painful. Although saying that, with my current setup I only need to take 2 drugs to use my Slasher :D

Glok
13-11-04, 19:03
My HC PE can now fully cap her TPC. <3

Tostino
13-11-04, 19:09
My HC PE can now fully cap her TPC. <3
Yea i am loming my PE back to HC now :) i remberd that you can cap all HC guns as a PE if you drug alot.

naimex
13-11-04, 19:36
thats a tankacron set up if ever i heard one. would that be the exp psi one or what ever peeps used "back in the day" then naim?

cant remember to be honest.

but it was well overpowered.

Glok
13-11-04, 19:39
@Tostino

Yeah, I haven't done the tests yet, but I think I can spec 50 resist force and still full cap the tpc with beast. Or... spec all hc as usual and drug xstrong instead of beast so I don't have to overspec health.

Tostino
13-11-04, 20:17
for a tank you need 160 HC to cap all guns so as a PE only useing a TPC 150 should be fine and i can cap force resist with 92 and have 42 transport.

FatDogg
13-11-04, 20:31
so wait is it plausible to cap cst on all my drones and then cap their damage yet?

Snake EYE
13-11-04, 22:04
I agree QuickFix.
I liked the way HC tanks didn't cap their aiming without PA and drugs before, it made duels (and PVP in general) more fun because it was hard to hit a lot. Now it's pretty much point and click, and you're going to get most of them lomming to lame ass melee shocker (and probably runcast heal), and you'll get parashocked every 2 seconds, where ever you go - and the amount of parashocking was bad enough before.
This patch has made tanks way too easy, cannon's shouldnt be as easy as pistols/rifles to use.

Jesterthegreat
13-11-04, 23:16
INow it's pretty much point and click -snip- and you'll get parashocked every 2 seconds, where ever you go

you talkin about monks or tanks?

and for the record i had a damn good hit rate on my tank in NC1 and i ran cast heal and used a thunderbolt...

Snake EYE
13-11-04, 23:31
I meant tanks, and yes, quite a few tanks did...my point is that almost EVERYBODY will now, and using a melee shocker (especially with a CS) is simply lame...in my opinion, anyway.

t0tt3
13-11-04, 23:37
Give monks PSI eyes :p
Well to be any effective we need to put ALL our points into psi use or at least so we got 200+ thats much tbh in a skill that raises as fast as a duck can run :rolleyes:

So tanks got their HC eye give the monks a PSI eye or a PSI backbone..... :wtf:

Jesterthegreat
14-11-04, 05:58
I meant tanks, and yes, quite a few tanks did...my point is that almost EVERYBODY will now, and using a melee shocker (especially with a CS) is simply lame...in my opinion, anyway.

in my opinion using a monkfor anything is lame... its prolly a good thing you or me dont runneocron though

BradSTL
15-11-04, 16:38
... If someone can point me to that statment I'll see if its still viable balance wise.

There's no way I can find the exact posts, because it was 18 months ago. Neither the forum search engine nor the Google cache goes back that far. But there's a vestige of it left in the actual game itself. Take a look at the welcome message sent to newly created Engineers, "Skill Advisor Tips: Engineer #1:"

... By the way: many Engineers also train their skills with Pistols (P-C) so that they can defend themselves if the situation arises. You should deter [sic] from using Rifles (R-C) as you would have to waste too much time on learning to aim (WPL) [sic] them. Using Pistols on the other hand almost requires no training at all in aiming. ...
The original play-balance goal for pistols in the last major rebalancing, the one about 16 or 18 months ago, was to have them have roughly 2/3 the maximum range of the matching rifle, about 15% more damage per shot, and require approximately half of the WEP to cap aiming, and to have no effect on running with a weapon drawn. Those numbers all seem about right to me, and I wish to heck you hadn't changed them.

By the way, I'm hearing reports that the Cursed Soul can now have a completely closed aiming reticule all the way out to the clipping plane. This gives them effectively the same range, damage, and accuracy as the First Love. Allowing for the fact that the tank can afford to put more points into agility, they even have similar running speeds with a weapon drawn. They both use pretty much the same low level self-buffs. But the CS user has roughly 50% higher resists and double the hit points. Stealth has its uses, but it's not that powerful!

Under these rules, doesn't H-C flatly rule over R-C in all circumstances, and R-C just as openly mock P-C?