PDA

View Full Version : Anime DVD lists

amfest
12-11-04, 09:25
Just curious how many dvds the anime otaku have here. Or maybe you're jus a downloading freak . .or come from the relic age of VHS and actually paid those high prices for anime on vhs at the time.

Anyhow here is my current anime dvd list though I think I'm missing just a few dvds in it. I put the list title to mean series/movie/ova sorta thing and the DVD(s) represents the dvd numbers so if I say 1-3 that means dvd 1- 3 but if I say 1, 3 then it's only dvd 1 and dvd 2. Though for multiple disc sets I put in 2 disc set and so forth. I'm sure there is a better way but I already did it this way so screw it ..lol. btw, I still have dvds in the mail coming in >_<

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/animedvdlist.html

Siygess
12-11-04, 10:02
Holy crap, Amfest, that's a lot of Anime!

All I have is:

Blood: The Last Vampire
Ghost in the Shell
You're Under Arrest
Appleseed
Bubblegum Crisis (original series, all episodes)
Bubblegum Crash
Patlabor I & II
Akira
Kai Do Maru (Or something like that, I can never spell it).

My favourite series has to be 3x3 eyes, but I only have that on VHS. I've heard that the dubbing on the Perfect Collection isn't that good, but I liked the voice acting on my VHS copy, and I'm not sure if it's the same.

shodanjr_gr
12-11-04, 13:08
You cant beat my collection :P

I only got Akira. Quite good movie btw ;)

amfest
12-11-04, 15:42
Holy crap, Amfest, that's a lot of Anime!

All I have is:

Blood: The Last Vampire
Ghost in the Shell
You're Under Arrest
Appleseed
Bubblegum Crisis (original series, all episodes)
Bubblegum Crash
Patlabor I & II
Akira
Kai Do Maru (Or something like that, I can never spell it).

My favourite series has to be 3x3 eyes, but I only have that on VHS. I've heard that the dubbing on the Perfect Collection isn't that good, but I liked the voice acting on my VHS copy, and I'm not sure if it's the same.
You have some nice choice dvds there though I haven't seen You're Under Arrest (due to where do I start ;) ), patlabor and kai do maru. Kai do maru I was considering getting soon as it's only 13.29. Bubblegum is really good. I didn't get bubblegum crash till a few months back though I had the orginal and all of 2040. Funny enough appleseed I just got in this week and watched today finally. Mostly cause I want to see the New appleseed movie so I decided I needed to see the old one first at least ;) As for the 3x3 eyes dub . .if you're referring to the english dub . .I don't believe it has changed . .. but don't quote me on that. Even so there are quite a bit of people that curse english dubs and will always hate them since most beginning VAs didn't act really on their dubs . .and just made comical voices as if it was looney tunes or something.

Tupac
12-11-04, 15:52
not bad collection u got there amfest! mines bigger tho :p (too big to list tbh)

hinch
12-11-04, 16:03
own 0 seen and borrowed nearly all

i do recommend cybercity odo 603 if you can get a copy of it.

and am i blind or did you miss evangelion?

amfest
12-11-04, 17:07
not bad collection u got there amfest! mines bigger tho :p (too big to list tbh)I do have tons of downloaded anime also that's burned off but that's another story. I only currently have 670gb storage space to work with . .so I try my best to work it all out since I don't like to burn that often >_>

own 0 seen and borrowed nearly all

i do recommend cybercity odo 603 if you can get a copy of it.

and am i blind or did you miss evangelion?Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-8 Yes No
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth 1 Yes No
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End Of Evangelion 1 Yes No

Siygess
12-11-04, 17:23
and am i blind or did you miss evangelion?

Ah yes, I have got Neon Genesis Evangelion too - Just the first 2 episodes I think. They were on sale at Virgin a while back and I knew that it was a really popular series.. but eh, I didn't like it that much. I guess when it comes to giant robots in Anime, I prefer them to be a little less on the "giant" side, and more like the Landmates in Appleseed.

I also have some more Anime on VCR - AD Police, Cybercity, Gunsmith Cats, Vampire Hunter D, Doomed Megalopolis and a few others that I gave to my sister. I'd like to get all the Ranma 1/2 episodes on DVD too, but for now I'll have to make do with the manga - I have all 20(ish) books published so far :D

As for the 3x3 eyes dub . .if you're referring to the english dub . .I don't believe it has changed . .. but don't quote me on that.

Cool, thats good enough for me - I happened to like the dubbing for 3x3 Eyes (though apparantly I'm in the minority :D) so I'll look into getting the Perfect Collection on EBbay :)

hinch
12-11-04, 17:31
feel free to divx cybercity for me its almost impossiable to get a copy of this anywhere i was like 17 or something when i first saw it

amfest
12-11-04, 17:42
feel free to divx cybercity for me its almost impossiable to get a copy of this anywhere i was like 17 or something when i first saw ithmm http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,119,aiwsqj,cyber_city_oedo.html

well it sounds interesting enough. After a simple quick search I could only find raws of the episodes so I suppose it'll take a lil effort to find any subbed copies . . . maybe if I'm not lazy I'll give it a shot heh. Although right now I"m watching gunsmith cats and liking it alot ;) but I'm sure he won't have to divx it since most likely someone else has

sanityislost
12-11-04, 19:44
I download alot of anime , did have a few dvds but let someone borrow them
and havent seen them since lol

Just finished watching Last exile,,,,,and damn its sweet
(use win amp to see it ;) )

Tho my mate has an insane amount of anime dvds close to 300-400. He uses his
comp to only Buy anime, trying to get him to play nc but he doesnt wana :/

SiL ..:..

QuantumDelta
12-11-04, 20:11
Those that I have on DVD or Video are on here.
Ones not on DVD are the ones rec'd off TV.

Chibi-Maruko-Chan (Ep1)
Chrno Trigger (Complete).
DearS (Complete).
Evangelion (Complete). - Own.
Final Fantasy (Complete).
Full Metal Alchemist (Complete).
Full Metal Panic (Complete). - Own, buying as released.
Galaxy Express (Ep1).
Gunbuster (Complete). - Own.
Gunbuster 2 (Ep1, none others aired yet).
Gundam (Complete).
Gundam Wing (Complete). - Own some.
Gundam Evolve (Complete).
Gundam Seed (Ep1-3).
Hunter X Hunter (1-6? Crap).
Initial D - Fourth Stage (Complete).
Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai (Complete).
Macross Zero.
Macross 1.
Macross 2.
Macross 7.
Macross Plus (All complete). - Own.
Mai HiME (All Aired).
Naruto (1-107).
Ragnarok The Animation (1-15?).
Sailor Moon (Random Eps, Dire Anime, probably worst, ever).
Shadow Skill (Complete?).
Saint Seiya (Film).
Yugo (1-6?).
DEve: Misaki Chronicle (Ep1).
Yumeria (Complete).
Techni Muyo (All Series, Complete).
Midori No Hibi (Complete).
Gunsling Girl (Ep 1 - 6).
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (Complete).
Kiddy Grade (Complete). - Own(Buying as it's released).
Ghost in the Shell: SAC (Complete).
Nadesico (Complete). - Own.
Guyver (1-12 + Film(s)).
Legend of Crystania (Complete). - Own.
Record of Lodoss War (Complete). - Own.
Ah My Goddess (Complete). - Own all material.
Slayers (Ep 1 - 3). - Own.
Ranma 1/2 (Random Eps). - Own.
OutLaw Star (Complete). - Rec'd off TV.
Dragon Ball (Complete).
Dragon Ball Z (Complete).
Dragon Ball GT (Complete).
Pokemon (Most of first season, some of second, virtually none of third).
Blue Gender (Random Eps).
Serial Experiments Lain (Complete). - Own.
Princess Mononoke (Film). - Own.
Ghost in the Shell (Film). - Own.
Cowboy Bebop (Complete). - Own.
Perfect Blue (Film).
Ninja Scroll (Film).
Blue Submarine No. 6 (Film).
Vampire Hunter D (Random Eps).
Akira (Film). - Own.
Animatrix (Complete). - Own.
Vampire Miyu (Complete?).
Armitage III (Film). - Rec'd off TV.
Metropolis (Film). - Own.
Fist of the North Star (Film?).
Robotech (Random Eps).
Urotsukidoji (One film don't know what).
The Wings of Honneamise (Film). - Own.
Dominion Tank Police (Random Eps). - Own.
Battle Angel Alita (Film). - Own.
Bubble Gum Crash (Complete). - Own.
Bubble Gum Crisis (Complete). - Own.
Dirty Pair Flash (Complete). - Own.
Voices of a Distant Star (Short Film). - Own.
All Purpose Cat-Girl Nuku Nuku (Ep 1).
Kiki's Delivery Service (Film). - Own.
Laputa: Castle In the Sky (Film). - Own.
Patlabor (Some film, some eps?). - Own.
RG Veda (Ep 3?).
Street Fighter (Film).
AppleSeed (Film). - Own.
Rurouni Kenshin (Complete + Film + OAV). - Own All British Released DVDs.
Bakuretsu Hunter (1-4).
BeyBlade (Complete).
Dragon Half (Random Eps).
Furi Kuri (Complete......).
Digimon (Random Eps).
Lensman (Film).
RayEarth (Complete). - Own.
Medabots (Random Eps).
Samurai Pizza Cats (Random Eps).
Sonic the Hedgehog (Random Eps).
Three Musketeers (Random Eps - Possibly Complete..?).
Transformers (Random Eps).
Yugioh (Random Eps).
Zoids (Random Ep).

Probably others I've missed.

--
Someone asked me to draw up a list of stuff I'd seen, so this is a lazy copy/paste job.

amfest
13-11-04, 02:39
I download alot of anime , did have a few dvds but let someone borrow them
and havent seen them since lol

Just finished watching Last exile,,,,,and damn its sweet
(use win amp to see it ;) )

Tho my mate has an insane amount of anime dvds close to 300-400. He uses his
comp to only Buy anime, trying to get him to play nc but he doesnt wana :/

SiL ..:..Yea Last Exile is really good. Funny thing about that was when I downloaded ep 1 the fansubbers ep umm 9 was the exact same file size or was it ep 10 . .either way it got mixed in with my p2p client's download listing (it multiQueues on people with the same file) and the person who had it Started me up and it finished before anything else so the program labeled it as ep 1 >_> I watched it and didn't have a clue since it was the race episode. I was a lil confused on ep 2 but i thought it might just be a show where they show something and then jump back to how they got to that moment .. lol. It wasn't until I actually got to the later ep that I was like .. wtf! ..lol.

heh no fair QD if I just compiled a version of stuff I've watched or have on my pc or burned on disc I'd have to use all my days off >_> (although that's mostlly cause I'm a lazy bastard )

I've noticed you listed Tenchi muyo as all series complete . . so you've seen all of GXP? Though it isn't centered on Tenchi himself ;) How about the latest ova out . . I've only seen ep 1 . .didn't get around to getting ep 2 of it yet :\ I am interested in the new ova . .since there will be one more after this one and it's said that he will finally choose a girl.

Urotsukidoji (One film don't know what).

lol hentai!! Legend of the Overfiend is the father of tenacle ******** >_> Anyhow it's more than 1 film. There are 3 I believe and then 2 more off films. the first 3 will show what the overfiend really is.

sanityislost
13-11-04, 03:16
lol yea, it is kinda crazy dude....still havent seen ep 1 :p

Tenchi....damn forgot all about that lol
Love that show....kicks ass, still havent seen all of GXP only about the first 12
eps....starts off good tho

SiL ..:..

Clive tombstone
13-11-04, 03:50
Personally Im more for the sic stuff thats from anime really, none of that soft crap, heres my list

Elven Liad (bloodiest anime ever, bitchs!)
Dead leaves (for the truely demented viewers like myself)
and..
Last exile cuz that anime was awsome, and the sound track kicks ass.
Oh and samurai champloo.

I dont watch a lot of anime personally, I like the ones however that reach outside the box, can you dig it? :D

amfest
13-11-04, 09:05
Elven Liad (bloodiest anime ever, bitchs!)
I believe it's Elfin Lied . . . I haven't actually watched it really. I did see ep 1 raw of it when it was just shown in japan cause someone said . .hey check this out! Yea it did have alot of mindless blood slaughter in the beginning. But I do believe I have seen plenty bloodier than it .. they aren't just coming to mind >_>

hmm if I had to choose anime that wasn't run of the mill or was unusal I'd say try out for starters . . .

Seriel Experiments Lain - wierd

Key: the metal Idol - By reading what the story sounds like you'd think it was going to be a cheery style anime but it turns out to be a bit more twisted and dark.

Boogiepop Phantom - twsited ;) things happen that involve the angel of death

if you like that lord of the flies feel but would like to see a semi version of it in space you could give Infinite Ryvius a try out. The biggest enemy is not the military trying to attack them and get this battleship they accidently ended up on. The real enemy is themselves.

but if you want the REALLY sic stuff then you need get watch hentai anime.

you'll get plenty of blood, ********, slaughter, people screaming for their lives sorta thing with the right choices.

Clive tombstone
13-11-04, 11:13
I have the full 13 eps of Elfin Lied (sorry bad spelling first time, fatigued and in a hurry) I can somehow give you the episodes (there all subed too)

Btw, I think compared to others, Elfin is pretty hellish, the first eps is pretty heavy, but so is the future episodes, beyond that, its a great series.

amfest
13-11-04, 11:46
It's alright . ..I typically wait till things are completely fansubbed and then grab them in full from the anime network I'm on or batch torrents that abound all over now. There is also newsgroups, ftps and if I"m desperate enough IRC (ewww, though I avoid it like the plauge and try and get someone else to get it to me via their ftp :p ) If it's all good . .then I could get it all in less than 24 hours time and watch it the next day in one sitting ;) it's so much better that way ^^

Either way . .. I watch pretty much EVERYTHING. I also try and stick to it and not just watch 1 or 2 eps and quit just cause it doesn't seem like it's good in the beginning. In the majority of cases once I've commited I tend to like it in some way or find some merit in the series. That being said I"ll most likely be picking it up soon but I have some other things to grab also before hand.

Clive tombstone
13-11-04, 12:07
ok its cool, btw the eps are fan-subbed so its tight, dont forget to pick up Dead leaves though, its awsome man, I bought it personally though, the dub (I personally hate dubs) And this was done really well (I bought the dvd, I know) heres the trailer if anyone cares here (http://www.manga.com/deadleaves/trailerpop.php?trailer=deadleaves480.mov&width=480&height=360)