PDA

View Full Version : Droners can't do FA epic?

superfresh
12-11-04, 08:06
I can clear out the graves, I can solo the BQ cave, but I can't complete the FA epic :(

When I go to the Canyon, I can blast thru a good portion of the Terror Raptors with the FC-1000, but by the time I'm done they respawn. If I make a break for it I'm fried. I know the FA epic is relatively easy, but not if you're a droner. This isn't the OZ. These are 90/90 mobs. I'm getting faction messages like "spec for stealth." or "put con into fire..." Do I really need to adjust my character for an epic? I could have done the PP one with a stiletto.

Would love to hear how another droner completed this one. I spent 6 hours on this crap. Good exp BTW, but I can't get to Fenk :/

TWOK
12-11-04, 08:14
Hmm, managed to get a droner and a pure tradeskiller through this, both without stealth. As you're a spy get a medium/heavy fire belt, if you can't use them yet drug up for them. Drugs was the key for me, health boosting drugs, athletics/agility drugs to make a hastey dash. A good tl3 heal helps too, if you still have trouble use the caves to lose mob agro and heal up :)

capt-o
12-11-04, 08:22
You can do like i did, albiet by accident, go when other people are there and fighting the mobs. Run like hell, wear the med/heavy fire belt and the lvl 3 leather vest.

or bring the distractor / ppu with you.

jnky
12-11-04, 09:48
hire a ppu...
In this day and age they seem to welcome the cr and you must have made a bit killing all those fire mobs.
I know you shouldnt have to but I know exactly what you mean, the canyon isnt a place for the lone spy :lol:

giga191
12-11-04, 09:51
I can clear out the graves, I can solo the BQ cave, but I can't complete the FA epic :(

When I go to the Canyon, I can blast thru a good portion of the Terror Raptors with the FC-1000, but by the time I'm done they respawn. If I make a break for it I'm fried. I know the FA epic is relatively easy, but not if you're a droner. This isn't the OZ. These are 90/90 mobs. I'm getting faction messages like "spec for stealth." or "put con into fire..." Do I really need to adjust my character for an epic? I could have done the PP one with a stiletto.

Would love to hear how another droner completed this one. I spent 6 hours on this crap. Good exp BTW, but I can't get to Fenk :/
what's wrong with speccing fire?

Hazard01
12-11-04, 10:50
Whats wrong with hiring a PPU for support ?

phunqe
12-11-04, 12:42
On a sidenote, you should really spec for Stealth II. Given you don't have any tradeskills whatsoever of course, or else you won't cap Mosq etc.

Vanten
12-11-04, 13:06
Just invest some runspeed, because they are quite slow to react on your precense. When i ran throu there yesterday, they didn't shot me once.

[TgR]KILLER
12-11-04, 13:39
yea just run trough and stop in the caves they lose agro then.. then make the final dash to the guy.

Darkana
12-11-04, 14:14
Make sure you know where to look for this guy. Running around and searching is not a good idea. Get a fire belt, maybe drug up your ath/agl (and htl maybe)., fire heal and then run like the wind. Furthermore, as got mentioned, too, enter the caves there when you really run low on health. You can heal up there.

The second (or additional) option is to take someone with you who can distract the mobs and/or is able to put some buffs (mainly shelter and heal) on you.

My droner has no stealth either, but can use heavy fire belt, which helps a good deal already. She made it to the NPC, on the way back she died though :rolleyes:, but afterall she got this mission step done.

PS: When you got LE in, DM me ingame.

Darth Slayer
12-11-04, 14:51
Was easy. Stealth in zone into first cave so gets rid of any aggro. Stealth again and run up stairs and vist chappie.

Scorpius.

superfresh
12-11-04, 16:07
Ok thanks guys.

And yeah, this is a future researcher so I specced her for poison :/ She can also repair her drones which leaves little dex for TC / stealth.

There was a nice PPU on who said he'd help so I'll give him a holler.

superfresh
13-11-04, 02:01
:) Went back into Canyon and zoned into someone's apartment. Went to bottom of lift and there was Feng.

Darth Slayer
13-11-04, 12:37
:) Went back into Canyon and zoned into someone's apartment. Went to bottom of lift and there was Feng.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats funny well lucky for you...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scorpius.

LiL T
13-11-04, 13:20
Ask a blackdragon with 90 symp to get you some of them new resist drugs the one that gives you 150 fire resist and wear a med/heavy fire belt. Even with out shelter with capped 200 fire resist those mobs will barely dent you

Sorin
13-11-04, 13:25
Ask a blackdragon with 90 symp to get you some of them new resist drugs the one that gives you 150 fire resist and wear a med/heavy fire belt. Even with out shelter with capped 200 fire resist those mobs will barely dent you

That'd be me. :) (the bd). Those dragon drugs nerf the crap out of your hit points with the -50 HLT, which sounds bad on paper, but in practice it's not even noticable. Basically capping the resist more than makes up for the missing hp. So yeah, I'd whole heartedly say get at least a couple of each of the fire/energy/xray/poison versions for situations like this. (Although they're great for leveling too, lemme tell you).

BlackDove
13-11-04, 13:26
Sorin I need a PE PA Rifle 4. :p

Sorin
13-11-04, 13:27
Sorin I need a PE PA Rifle 4. :p

Sure, now? DM Mikhal in game.

jernau
14-11-04, 00:08
I just ran through on my droner. He didn't even have any imps or armour on, just a medipack in slot one. The mobs aggro slower than slugs can run up a sand dune. Just don't stop to admire the scenery.