PDA

View Full Version : [PvP]I tried it again...

SorkZmok
12-11-04, 06:59
Yeah, i really did.
I put on my armor. Popped some drugs. Cast some spells. Then i stealthed to Desert Racetrack and found me a safe place to wait for my SI to wear off.

Some time later i'm at Cycow. Steady 70 FPS, steady ping of 70. Drugged up, buffed up and armed.
So i attack the first guy i see. Takes me about half a clip from my slasher to recognize he isnt even there anymore and im wasting ammo as i am shooting the damn air.
So i turn round and kill some poor fool standing at the gogu. I try to kill another guy but he just retreats into the UG when i nearly had him and pops out again to kill me. With 3 friends. 2 of em PPUs.
Anyway, the poor fool at the gogu drops dead, i turn round and run for my life to escape those 2 evil PPUs.
I leave the OP, run round the fence and talk to one of the PPUs. Then i stealth again, run up that hill right next to Cycrow GR. My stealth wears off and im instantly parashocked and hit by at least 2 Holy Lightnings. Stealth kicks in and thank god my legs arent completely broken, i still got 70% of my health left.
So i turn round and run for my life. I nearly make it. No one in my local , no one i can see anymore and im stealthed again. Then i drop dead. Full healthto zero. No one in my local list and i cant see anyone.
While im falling down, 2 APUs and a spy appear right next to my now dead boby. Out of fucking nowhere.
After that fight i DM the PPU, he tells me i was running away, then got parashocked, damageboosted, had my legs broken by a spy with a Healing Light and then got killed by 2 APUs using HL.
On my screen, i got parashocked, took an anti-para drug and kept running away stealthed, then i dropped dead. Full health -> dead.

70 FPS and a stable ping of 70. Hell, i unplugged my roommates computer to be sure i get a good connection speedt!!1

Later i nearly got wasted by a PE who was invisible half of the time cause on my screen he wasnt running around, he was running around a level below me.Inside of a fucking mountain.

I hate you KK. :mad:

trigger hurt
12-11-04, 07:06
Yeah, i really did.
I put on my armor. Popped some drugs. Cast some spells. Then i stealthed to Desert Racetrack and found me a safe place to wait for my SI to wear off.

Some time later i'm at Cycow. Steady 70 FPS, steady ping of 70. Drugged up, buffed up and armed.
So i attack the first guy i see. Takes me about half a clip from my slasher to recognize he isnt even there anymore and im wasting ammo as i am shooting the damn air.
So i turn round and kill some poor fool standing at the gogu. I try to kill another guy but he just retreats into the UG when i nearly had him and pops out again to kill me. With 3 friends. 2 of em PPUs.
Anyway, the poor fool at the gogu drops dead, i turn round and run for my life to escape those 2 evil PPUs.
I leave the OP, run round the fence and talk to one of the PPUs. Then i stealth again, run up that hill right next to Cycrow GR. My stealth wears off and im instantly parashocked and hit by at least 2 Holy Lightnings. Stealth kicks in and thank god my legs arent completely broken, i still got 70% of my health left.
So i turn round and run for my life. I nearly make it. No one in my local , no one i can see anymore and im stealthed again. Then i drop dead. Full healthto zero. No one in my local list and i cant see anyone.
While im falling down, 2 APUs and a spy appear right next to my now dead boby. Out of fucking nowhere.
After that fight i DM the PPU, he tells me i was running away, then got parashocked, damageboosted, had my legs broken by a spy with a Healing Light and then got killed by 2 APUs using HL.
On my screen, i got parashocked, took an anti-para drug and kept running away stealthed, then i dropped dead. Full health -> dead.

70 FPS and a stable ping of 70. Hell, i unplugged my roommates computer to be sure i get a good connection speedt!!1

Later i nearly got wasted by a PE who was invisible half of the time cause on my screen he wasnt running around, he was running around a level below me.Inside of a fucking mountain.

I can almost guess that in your first try, there were some fishy things going on. Seems lots of things fishy keep happening in the area of cycrow where a certain set of folks is concerned. Not really sure. Could just be really bad lag and me not seeing antibuffs or the other 5 or 6 it takes to bring my tank down just get cast so fast, I only see one.

Pungent77
12-11-04, 07:38
I've noticed alotta funny things in NC2 lately, such as what you are describing and the one that has been affecting me the most is that i'll shoot someone with my healing light it takes like 2 shots to do damage.....I mean the first shot hits but doesnt produce any damage at all.

I know it's not my connection or FPS etc. :confused:

kurai
12-11-04, 07:42
So i turn round and kill some poor fool standing at the gogu.lol That would be me. :p
I fataled while organizing my inventory from the Gogu and re-logged to find myself dead, and some pistol spy running around waving his slasher.

...had my legs broken by a spy with a Healing Light That would also be me :D

You turned up at an unfortunate time ... I had just popped up from the UG to sort out my OP war loadout of anti-para drugs etc ...
meanwhile there was the whole rest of the OP team getting prepared downstairs.

I said "WTF ! re-logged after crash, and I'm dead but standing up" on TeamSpeak and the whole lot boiled out of the underground to see what was up lol :)

After you escaped down from the hill I lost you for a few seconds, and I thought you'd made it to the GR and bugged out ... I went to stand on the GR roof - just in time to see you unstealth further to the West.

Couple of zaps of scoped HL to your kneecaps, then everyone else noticed you ... damage boost and a pile of Holy Lightnings arrived about 0.3 seconds later.

In hindsight do you not think it would have been wiser to just use the GR rather than try to run away into a wide open space in full view of 16+ war prepared combat characters with a quickly counting down Stealth ? :p

9 out of 10 for fighting spirit and optimism
1 out of 10 for good thinking
:lol:

Liebestoter
12-11-04, 10:36
Try being a tank.

Oh look an APU that RUNS FASTER THAN ME, DON'T GOTTA AIM WON'T DIE AND BREAKS MY LEGS IN ONE HIT. RARGH I'M DEAD.

Spermy
12-11-04, 11:21
just to mr Kapow..

*pokes*

*KK don't provide the servers and bandwidth*

you need to blame... err...shit. erm... lemme go look it up.

ZyproN
12-11-04, 11:26
Yeah, one of the reason I'm not playing anymore is of the fucking crazy bugs.
I'm running around at DOY CC, when somebody attacks me a melee or hc, I can't see him around me I stealth away, go to a gravity lift and he is stuck there great, can't attack him but he can attack me. GG

There is some kind of bug where you died, I ran to e05 once ALONE and suddenly I dropped dead, nobody around me, buffed up FULL HLT, and still i die in 1 shot of something ;(.

ArgieD
12-11-04, 12:23
Couple of zaps of scoped HL to your kneecaps, then everyone else noticed you ... damage boost and a pile of Holy Lightnings arrived about 0.3 seconds later.

I just had a thought / question:

If you are a sniping scoped at other players, does it matter which part of their body you aim at? I am also playing Enemy Territory where it does; a hit on the head or upper torso is a lot more devastating than a hit on the legs...

I don't know. It just doesn't feel it makes any difference, as when I shoot at various parts of a mob's body I deliver the same amount of damage every time(judging form their HP).

Do you think it matters when you PVP?

PS Prior to posting a reply remember: There are never stupid questions; answers can be!

Dirus
12-11-04, 13:04
I just had a thought / question:

If you are a sniping scoped at other players, does it matter which part of their body you aim at? I am also playing Enemy Territory where it does; a hit on the head or upper torso is a lot more devastating than a hit on the legs...

I don't know. It just doesn't feel it makes any difference, as when I shoot at various parts of a mob's body I deliver the same amount of damage every time(judging form their HP).

Do you think it matters when you PVP?

PS Prior to posting a reply remember: There are never stupid questions; answers can be!

There is a difference in PvM and PvP.

NPC's don't have seperate hit boxes, where as Players have 3 seperate hit boxes, head torso, legs. So where you aim does make a difference, with the exception of weapons like Melee or RayGun Rifles/Pistols ect.

ArgieD
12-11-04, 13:13
Thanx Lupus!

This is the kind of answer I normally like. Exact and straight to the point!

What makes it even better is the fact that it's given by one of your team...

Sorin
12-11-04, 13:21
There is a difference in PvM and PvP.

NPC's don't have seperate hit boxes, where as Players have 3 seperate hit boxes, head torso, legs. So where you aim does make a difference, with the exception of weapons like Melee or RayGun Rifles/Pistols ect.

What do you mean etc.? I don't see a correlation between melee and raygun that would indicate what exactly else "etc." encompassed.

Anna
12-11-04, 13:22
well, i notice this thing more and more
perfect example is when i had a friend kill me for an epic he was doing

was waiting for him at crest village, he didnt arrive very fast so i got bored and started running around
then all of a sudden my health started dropping for no obvious reason
ran back to the gr, and there was my friend punshing the air
everytime he did, my health dropped

i mean, what kind of crap is that? i was 100m away when he started? :confused:

Dirus
12-11-04, 13:30
What do you mean etc.? I don't see a correlation between melee and raygun that would indicate what exactly else "etc." encompassed.

These weapons are not aimable at the different areas of the target. The correlation is any weapon that's damage output does not get reduced as the target's health gets lower is for the most part not effected by aiming at the different hit boxes.

Sorin
12-11-04, 13:32
These weapons are not aimable at the different areas of the target. The correlation is any weapon that's damage output does not get reduced as the target's health gets lower is for the most part not effected by aiming at the different hit boxes.

Shady. So that would include anything but burst weapons? Sounds that way.

Dirus
12-11-04, 13:38
Shady. So that would include anything but burst weapons? Sounds that way.

Single shot weapons like the 9mm pistol, 7.62mm rifles, Sniper Rifles are a few that are aimable as well so no burst weapons are not the only aimable weapons.

Sorin
12-11-04, 13:41
Single shot weapons like the 9mm pistol, 7.62mm rifles, Sniper Rifles are a few that are aimable as well so no burst weapons are not the only aimable weapons.

Please say laser rifles are aimable :D

kurai
12-11-04, 13:56
They are.

Dribble Joy
12-11-04, 14:05
O_o

I thought all melee and beam/ray weapons did non locational damage?
Ie. all lasers, raygun rifles/pistols and melee.

SorkZmok
12-11-04, 15:43
In hindsight do you not think it would have been wiser to just use the GR rather than try to run away into a wide open space in full view of 16+ war prepared combat characters with a quickly counting down Stealth ? :p

9 out of 10 for fighting spirit and optimism
1 out of 10 for good thinking
:lol:Well on my screen everything was fine. I just arrived at cycrow 2 minutes earlier and didnt wanna gr out again already.

As i said, on my screen i still had most of my health and wasnt para'd or db'd. And no one in my local. I just thought i can make it. :(

I usually fight till i die, i dont like stealthing around too much.

/edit

O_o

Ie. all lasers, raygun rifles/pistols and melee.Yeah, same here. Though it was like the ravager, doing non locational damage. Cause the HL ********** at low health. Weird.

Spermy
12-11-04, 15:48
I'm still trying to figure out what happened to me at CRP.

There was me hunting - and two crahnies - a tank and a monk - and for some strange reason a rhino.

Wandered past - said my hellos - got a freindly one back :)

next thing I knew - about 200 yards down the road - and I was dead - not from anyone I could see - nothing registered before I died - no nasties - and unless the tank had very long arms (melee) there was no way the crahns did it.

very strange...

even wierder was nothing popped - and I still had all my gear When I respawned...

:wtf:

pharabus
12-11-04, 16:15
have you ever played with someone sat playing on another PC at the side of you, its wierd!! you get 2 totally differing views of whats happening. My friend came round one evening playing my second PC and the difference where bizarre, a cyclops launcher fired at us on my screen and we took damage, nothing at all happened on his!! people are in different places. no wonder people get frustrated!

LOST
12-11-04, 16:33
erm....i was driving nib char upto TH and eventually upto the MB.
when i sync'd with a 4x4 chaincraft and another char it would last about 2 mins then kick me. when i logged back in i was on the other side of the sector.

he could still see me at the vehicle but i was running across the map.

one time it happened i was on the verge of formatting my comp....got back to the 4x4 to find him stood next to the car with me. I SAW MY SELF FOR GOD SAKE. (was bizarre and strangley amusing)

if i would have died = i die....if this clone of me died i die ???

strangely enough when i spoke the sentence appeared over the dummy that couldnt move not over my head.

Doc Holliday
12-11-04, 16:49
heres a corker. might have posted it before.

me and my bro driving in his reveller. we get to a zone up nr th. might be e_08 or 9. we BOTH get big black synch bug. we both abort connection. we both log in again. we are both dead from fall damage in the middle of the zone. our belts are by the reveller at the edge of the zone. it was like a goddamn UFO kidnapping. hahaha. woulda been a comical screenie if i could have got a hoverbot in view.

kurai
12-11-04, 16:51
O_o

Ie. all lasers, raygun rifles/pistols and melee.Beam/Lasers definitely operate on locational basis.
Rays definitely dont.

kurai
12-11-04, 17:02
Well on my screen everything was fine. I just arrived at cycrow 2 minutes earlier and didnt wanna gr out again already.

As i said, on my screen i still had most of my health and wasnt para'd or db'd. And no one in my local. I just thought i can make it. :(
Yeah - I understand. Don't take my post too seriously - I was just needling you a teensy bit for ganking me while I was FRE'd at the GoGu :p

Cycrow has always had ... issues ... compared to many other zones.
If anything the netcode for NC2 seems umm ... `sloppier` and more imprecise than NC1, exacerbating the problem.

I dare say that an assload of people all zoning up out of the underground at once to get you wouldn't have helped.
Suddenly your client would be busy having to load a fucktonne of models and textures that we all already had cached while were down in the UG together.

With the crappy memload handling of the current code this causes all sorts of bizarre fuckups.

Spermy
12-11-04, 17:05
have you ever played with someone sat playing on another PC at the side of you, its wierd!! you get 2 totally differing views of whats happening. My friend came round one evening playing my second PC and the difference where bizarre, a cyclops launcher fired at us on my screen and we took damage, nothing at all happened on his!! people are in different places. no wonder people get frustrated!

Yar - It's probably down to network speed on that - did it all the time at uni.

Argent
12-11-04, 17:09
I'm still trying to figure out what happened to me at CRP.

very strange...

even wierder was nothing popped - and I still had all my gear When I respawned...

:wtf:

I think this same happened to me, I zoned out of FA HQ and boom, I was dead. First I suspected that I just had been killed by a spy using Revenge or similar, but that doesn't seem to be the case. No belt drop either.

One thing I suspect is that I somehow synced/spawned inside a drone (or the other way around) and died because of that. Starts to remind me of quake....

Anyone else experienced similar events?

Maui
12-11-04, 17:37
Yeah, i really did.

rofl nib :P

Lisa
12-11-04, 20:21
Beam/Lasers definitely operate on locational basis.
Rays definitely dont.

Don't think so. The Healing Light doesn't work like this, as far as I remember. I think, there is no difference between hitting the feet and hitting the head with a healing light.

Jesterthegreat
12-11-04, 20:26

PM me with the name of the clan that seemed dodgy... i have had similar encounters with a certain clan.

:edit: @Maui respect your elders :p

kurai
12-11-04, 21:47
Don't think so. The Healing Light doesn't work like this, as far as I remember. I think, there is no difference between hitting the feet and hitting the head with a healing light.Incorrect.

I use it on a daily basis - the locational damage is fact, not supposition or vague recall.

MrChumble
13-11-04, 00:54
I logged in today. Shock enough in itself.

Saw an allied tank, saw lots of red, got shot by a CS and stealthed, watched the allied tank get ganked 5 on 1, thought 'fuck this for a game of soldiers' and logged off again.

There is no point making threads about NC PvP. Either you like one sided PvP, and OP wars that take an hour to start then last 5 minutes, or you don't.

Personally I'm one genrep ganking away from quiting (again).

Spermy
13-11-04, 01:01
I logged in today. Shock enough in itself.

Saw an allied tank, saw lots of red, got shot by a CS and stealthed, watched the allied tank get ganked 5 on 1, thought 'fuck this for a game of soldiers' and logged off again.

There is no point making threads about NC PvP. Either you like one sided PvP, and OP wars that take an hour to start then last 5 minutes, or you don't.

Personally I'm one genrep ganking away from quiting (again).

*Sneaks up behind him*

:D

I kid I kid!

You wouldn't leave me all alone would ya?

Lisa
13-11-04, 02:21
Incorrect.

I use it on a daily basis - the locational damage is fact, not supposition or vague recall.

Then it is different on your server ;)

I have just tried it with two accounts again.
I shot at my tank with a Healing Light (flazer) multiple times and compared the damage of the FIRST shot. Although it doesn't make much difference.

Result: Same damage at head, body and feet. And the parts of the body get equally darker in the hud with every single shot. So no locational damage with a Healing Light. ( ... on Mars ;) )

P.S.: I am talking about the Healing Light ! CS, Holy Lightning etc. are something different.

Lestard
13-11-04, 02:23
Incorrect.

you are incorrect, the Healing Light does not do locational damage, i tested it a few times. Try breaking someones legs with the HL and see for yourself.