PDA

View Full Version : New English Server

-=Blinduk=-
12-11-04, 01:50
We Need a new one i mean think about it on neocron 1 there was 3 english servers 2 4 slots and a 1 slot so thats means in neocron 1 you had 9 chars right? ok so i transfer my chars over and guess wot all this new stuff is happing and i wanna make a new char to noob around in but .... ive got 4 chars so no more room for a noob :'( and im not gonna get a new account :mad:

edit - and i dont wanna remake my chars

tiikeri
12-11-04, 01:57
My sign tells all what i think about this.

Bushid0
12-11-04, 01:57
umm well lets face it were not even filling the current server, it would just be stupid to open another server

-=Blinduk=-
12-11-04, 01:58
well make terra a 5 slot server then

Smock
12-11-04, 02:09
^
Yay!

-FN-
12-11-04, 03:33
At peak - I tend to see 25-30% load on Terra. It's pathetic. It's Saturn at the end of NC1 on a good day. They were to add new servers based on server-load. The German box version is coming out and that more than likely will not do anything for Terra's declining population.

Unfortunately, I think you have to keep dreaming :( Until Terra hit 30% non-peak 60%+ during peak, the servers will probably stay the same. They already can't handle the measly 30% loads as is evident by their own alterations with the backpacks. I thought this was new hardware running on new databases :rolleyes:

tiikeri
12-11-04, 03:34
ALL > MySQL

Glok
12-11-04, 03:53
If you just wanna make a noob, make one on one of the other servers that are already there... who cares if you can't speak the language, most Germans and French know a bit of english, the nice ones will talk to you...

It's silly to demand a new server for that when Terra only gets 30% on a good day... and what a biased poll... o_O

Dribble Joy
12-11-04, 04:03
Why would they?
Ok, Terra reaches 40%+ at times. Is that reason enough to open a second server?
If there is no beneficial reason to open a server, why bother?
People didn't want low server pops, now we don't have them. Bloody hell.

Blacksword
12-11-04, 07:52
ya lets stretch out the english servers more so you and maybe someone else can start a newb..... I like the fact that there are some people, although far far far from enough imo on when i log on. another server is hardly needed atm, but i hope that it will be at some point. sometimes i almost forget to watch my back as it is when i go an hour or two hunting wbs and not see a person.

Dr Strange
12-11-04, 08:47
radical opinion ahead;

limiting players to servers based on ip locations

i mean seriously, i play on terra and i am so sick of partying with people to hunt then find out they speak french or german or whatever. i know kk is the foreign based company and game makers but it DOES have an english translation (assuming the german version is all in german). its pretty damn hard to tell a party'ed ppu to buff you back up since your buffs are wearing off when he DOES N'T FUCKING SPEAK ENGLISH ON THE ENGLISH SERVER

I know some people are gonna claim Terra is really an "international server" but it very clearly lists other server's languages as GER or FRA, Terra is listed as ENG which one would assume is English (don't pull the old [b]ENT[b]ernational thing on me..).

Nothing aganist these runners its just pointless to waste time attempting to figure out what the oddly shaped female gen tank is trying to say to me in german slang while i stand there and wonder why a chick has a neon green mohawk....

naimex
12-11-04, 08:55
we should have one big happy server...

with lots of battle, and insane people. and people in desperate need of a good humping..

but in general...

there can be only 1

... neocron server..

EDIT:
(the reason i say it is that.... now there are 4 identical PARALLEL worlds, with minor twists... instead of 1 big.. the one and only WORLD)

Language problems ??

Look at the world you live in... i mean really live in...

Do you understand everyone in the world ??

If yes.... I appoint you new leader of Earth.

athon
12-11-04, 10:15
radical opinion ahead;

limiting players to servers based on ip locations

i mean seriously, i play on terra and i am so sick of partying with people to hunt then find out they speak french or german or whatever. i know kk is the foreign based company and game makers but it DOES have an english translation (assuming the german version is all in german). its pretty damn hard to tell a party'ed ppu to buff you back up since your buffs are wearing off when he DOES N'T FUCKING SPEAK ENGLISH ON THE ENGLISH SERVER

I know some people are gonna claim Terra is really an "international server" but it very clearly lists other server's languages as GER or FRA, Terra is listed as ENG which one would assume is English (don't pull the old [b]ENT[b]ernational thing on me..).

Nothing aganist these runners its just pointless to waste time attempting to figure out what the oddly shaped female gen tank is trying to say to me in german slang while i stand there and wonder why a chick has a neon green mohawk....

KK have stated before that this is the SUPPORT language for the server. ie. if you submit a GM ticket on Terra, it must be in English.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: If you don't want to mix with other nationalities then get off the INTERnational NETwork.

If you can't speak German then either ignore anyone who does or tell them you can't (because most Germans tend to learn English as a second language - in fact most of Europe seems to be dual language from a very early age except us Brits).

Crap like this, when you boil right down to it, is just racism. Stop it.

As for the server - No we don't need a new one. None of the servers are anywhere near capacity, and it's not going to get KK any more money. The money and resources could be put to far better uses.

Athon Solo

Koth
12-11-04, 11:53
lol, i have to laugh at this thread. We cant deal with another server, we just dont have hte numbers, it would just be another pluto 8|

also making terra 5 slot would make things even more silly

bad idea - sorry

Spermy
12-11-04, 11:56
@ Athon- Seconded -

and also like Naimexes Idea of all in one - would rock much :)

And yar - appoint me the master of the world - for I have discovered the wonder of babelfish!

angelsenior
12-11-04, 12:05
I agree that an extra server would be bad for server populations, which are low already, and certainly doesnt warrant the costs it involves.

The only thing I would agree to would be another int server with only 1 or 2 char slots, as it seems theres some fanboys for such servers which havent joined NC2 yet because of the lack of such a server (so total NC2 population would increase a bit).

Spermy
12-11-04, 12:07
Thats the bit I don't get - if they want two characters on an int. server - don't use two of the slots on terra... the mind boggles...

NaKoth
12-11-04, 12:08
Wait for Boxed version release, in Germany AND other countries.
No sence making a new server now (allthough I would love 2 or 1 slot international !!!).

After boxed version is released ... worldwide :) and pops are up, then make a new server.

Genty
12-11-04, 12:58
1. I refuse to vote on your biased poll.
2. Why more servers when the current one is under-populated?
3. Until the release of the boxed version in the UK and US I would not expect a influential increase in Terra's population.

bounty
12-11-04, 14:03
Do you understand everyone in the world ??

If yes.... I appoint you new leader of Earth.

Let me be the first to say, that I fullheartedly accept the position as leader. <leader emote here>

kurai
12-11-04, 14:11
Thats the bit I don't get - if they want two characters on an int. server - don't use two of the slots on terra... the mind boggles...lol
You missed the point there by *miles*, mate :D

The NC1 1 slot and 4 slot atmospheres were very different.

It's an incontrovertible fact.
The bit that causes arguments is when people claim one was `better` than another. *shrug*

It's not that people waiting for a new server have a compulsion to only see 1 or 2 characters on their login screen - it's the whole gameplay/interaction style that's different.

For a month after launch I resisted transferring over my Pluto main in the hope that there would be a Pluto equivalent.
But - after a month (as well as being thoroughly fucked off with the levelling treadmill again) I bowed to inevitable reality and accepted that there won't be such a server any time soon, if at all.

Spermy
12-11-04, 14:15
lol
You missed the point there by *miles*, mate :D

The NC1 1 slot and 4 slot atmospheres were very different.

It's an incontrovertible fact.
The bit that causes arguments is when people claim one was `better` than another. *shrug*

It's not that people waiting for a new server have a compulsion to only see 1 or 2 characters on their login screen - it's the whole gameplay/interaction style that's different.

For a month after launch I resisted transferring over my Pluto main in the hope that there would be a Pluto equivalent.
But - after a month (as well as being thoroughly fucked off with the levelling treadmill again) I bowed to inevitable reality and accepted that there won't be such a server any time soon, if at all.

Arr I see. Everyone on a level pegging with none of the mutli alt madness.

If it's any consolation I've played ONE character at a time since launch - I have a mule at MB for picking up stuff that I wouldn't send my tank to get - and I rolled a PPU the other night and deleted him within 2 hours...
:D

kurai
12-11-04, 15:08
Arr I see. Everyone on a level pegging with none of the mutli alt madness.

If it's any consolation I've played ONE character at a time since launch - I have a mule at MB for picking up stuff that I wouldn't send my tank to get - and I rolled a PPU the other night and deleted him within 2 hours...
:DYeah.
The whole `2nd, 3rd,...xth` account thing was a lot less widespread on Pluto than many people seem to assume - it was always very much the exception rather than the rule, except perhaps the last 2 months when only the real hardcore obssesives were still paying NC1.

I much prefer the `accountability` of a 1 slot system, and I still play my Terra account like it was a Pluto 1 slot.
Since I transferred my character over I haven't touched the nib I made, and I have no plans or desire to fill the other 2 slots.

El_MUERkO
12-11-04, 15:23
After the international release and if the populations increase then I'd like to see a new server, right now I dont see the need.

darkservent
12-11-04, 15:35
Well First of all us ppl waiting for a 1 slot server are having to keep in mind that characters have to be trasferred by DEC 31st otherwise theyll be lost forever. Secondly I myself would not in my right mind want my pluto chars on terra 4 slot for 2 reasons. I have to much valuable things which I dont want on terra as it is a server which dont deserve my pluto chars and secondly I wouldnt subject any of my pluto chars to the problems facing 4 slot servers. I will wait and wait for that 1 slot and hope that the DEC 31st deadline will be extended till the international marketing takes effect.

[TgR]KILLER
12-11-04, 15:54
no use of making a new server i see 40% peek or something on terra.. making another server will just split stuff up more and you get NC1 results with 100 people online.

Frotto
12-11-04, 16:00
Your poll is very biased. How about NO Because server pops arent as high as they need to be anyways, so I'd rather now spread everyone out again. :) does that suit your fancy?

Doc Holliday
12-11-04, 16:43
Make a new server. Lock the threadstarter on it. then close the server. Let him noob around to his hearts content. tell him in order to get off the server he has to do all epics. every last one of em. if he pulls the le every npc on the server kos's him ( this is if hes daft enough to remove it )

then as each person on the forum gets a temp ban add them in to this server. or any idiots in game that get warnings or are persistant trouble makers. add them too.

naimex
12-11-04, 17:11
Let me be the first to say, that I fullheartedly accept the position as leader. <leader emote here>

:confused: O_o 8| :eek: http://www.naimex.dk/scared.gif