PDA

View Full Version : Tech Haven Auction beginning!

Heavyporker
11-11-04, 21:05
It is being held in Tech Haven sector 3, in the large room.

UNfortunately, it is being delayed slightly because Mr. Valentino doesn't seem to be here.

Jesterthegreat
11-11-04, 21:22
eh?

your selling TH?

how much?

really... what?

Morganth
11-11-04, 21:47
eh?

your selling TH?

how much?

really... what?

Its an event where people get to sell their items at an in game auction in TH.

Dr Strange
11-11-04, 22:27
A few, ideas for future auctions, if I may?

- Please tell players UPFRONT there will be a MINIMUM of stackable items allowed, to be auctioned.

- Please tell players UPFRONT there will be a MAXIMUM of any items allowed, to be auctioned

- Getting more than 80 people in one sector can theoritically crash the server. I counted close to 70ish people for a while before I left. Limit the number of people to first come first serve.

- Even IF it is a player-ran auction that has a TH-Guide or GM/DM backing them, please get some kind of chat-controlling abilities. There's gotta be a way to mute a sector with player-by-player exceptions. Not only does this cut down on the uber spam but alot less chance it gets bugged and has time to move on.

Sorry if it all seems negative, it's just I don't have alot of uber good cool best-in-the-game gear to trade/auction and the few things I did, weren't even considered. A total waste of an hour of my time (i'm paying for the game so wasting an hour is wasting money).

HTEC9900
11-11-04, 22:43
Likewise, it would be nice to have something better than what appears to be a sub-6-hour notice for a GM sponsored event. It's a wonderful idea, don't get me wrong, and I was there in TH Sec3 briefly to check it out, but a proper notice would be nice to have. (I woke up, logged on and found that the auction was already in progress, and yes, I do log on everyday, albiet in the U.S.)

For the moment I am assuming that this is a non-official event, with the way things have been handled. Looks like those not in the right place at the right time will have to wait another four weeks for the next one.

But hell, some of those rares on auction do look juicy!

joran420
11-11-04, 23:13
well theve had 2 threads in the roleplay section that have been there for well over a week(sooo lots more than 6 hours notice)....and afaik there was GM support there

Bushid0
12-11-04, 00:40
well theve had 2 threads in the roleplay section that have been there for well over a week(sooo lots more than 6 hours notice)....and afaik there was GM support there
ya but who reads the roleplay section :p

Heavyporker
12-11-04, 01:13
The event is over.

My thanks to everyone who participated, and my thanks to the people who attended for their patience.

Yes, things did get a bit bumpy, but overall, I think everyone was entertained.

I'm sorry, Dr Strange, for not giving notice about the min/max items in advance, but we were indunated.

amfest
12-11-04, 02:24
apparently those who are in the right place at the right time . .heh.

events are good. Even player run ones . .

keep up the good work

Birkoff
12-11-04, 02:49

Theres a roleplay section?

Nah i was there for about 15 mins but it was jsut UBER spam and far to many rejects trying to push people off the top.

Good idea though.

wombat74
12-11-04, 04:37
No love for the Pacific again :( Damned timezones...

Oh well, maybe I'll be able to make it to the next one.

Glok
12-11-04, 04:39
What was bought/sold? Anyone buy/sell anything good?

Smock
12-11-04, 10:42
Mainly tank M-C rares, a few decent rifles and pistols. One PPU spell, an apt (?).

Yeah, it was fun. But it could do with a bit better organisation.

-It took too long before everything started. I sat there for ages.
-Too much confusion on who's on the auctioneers team, and who to contact for items to be auctioned. This should be taken care of in advance in the future, there should be a list of items to be auctioned (Yeah Leech). A lot of ppl were there, waiting for things to be auctioned which. well, never were gonna be auctioned in the first place.
-Too much spamming frrom the attendants. Tho most ppls sat and waited patiently and silent, the odd 5 or 6 ppl would spam all over the place. There should be a posibility to have them removed.
-Basic rules. It would be nice if an NPC was scripted who gives out basic information of general auction rules...

This was the first event of it's sort, so uncertaincy and confusion is normal, but this was just too much. Auction slike this need better planning in the future, especially where it concerns info PRIOR to the event, so the auction would be an auction only, and not an info night, chatnight etc.

And I want an auction WEEKLY!

(Screenies: Quite a lot of ppl showed up, and the odd PPU stuck in the celing).

AlinKross
12-11-04, 10:51
I wasent at the event, only wanted to say keep up the good work.

If i remeber right Heavyporker was doing some of this stuff on Pluto.
Good for the game to have ppl doing things like this. Sometimes it gets to u when all u do is defending or fighting for OPs. Nice to get invited and get the posibility to do something diffrent ingame for a change.

Spermy
12-11-04, 11:18
Just going thru those screenies - the chatlog made me sad -

some right tossers in that screenie.

Do people run thru town with thier arses hanging out?

no.

So why would you want to make a tit of yourself ingame then?

Smock
12-11-04, 11:54
Yeah, the spamming, "funny" comments during bidding, someone barging in every 10 seconds asking WTF is going on, Ppl running around sexing. *sigh*

But overall, behaviour was quite OK, there were abt 5 ppl doing all of the above, the rest was generally silent/interested/serious/helpful.

A bit more info on the itmes for bids and a bit faster auctiopning would do a lot to reduce mindless chatting tho.