PDA

View Full Version : Why do you still play Neocron?

Darken
11-11-04, 16:34
Inspired by this german thread (its same just in german) ;) :
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=118231

Well i still play NC because:

During all these good and bad times in NC ive found so many friends i just couldnt leave em :) .

There is no other MMOPRG which lets me enjoy PvP like NC.

Go on Guys.

Freaky Fryd
11-11-04, 16:41
My clan members make it fun for me.
FN does so much work for the clan...voice server, forums, info site, etc...
If it wasn't for all the work he's put in, and the great clan members I've had for so long, I'd be long gone...

MkVenner
11-11-04, 16:42
Friends ive made

theres still tons i havent done, like cap my tank, or actually play a monk

and ive tried ALOT of MMOs, and even planet side's PvP wasnt as good as NCs lol

Darken
11-11-04, 16:45
Ye clan, i included it in my Friends, their alll family! :D

Ascension
11-11-04, 16:58
Inspired by this german thread (its same just in german) ;) :
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=118231

Well i still play NC because:

During all these good and bad times in NC ive found so many friends i just couldnt leave em :) .

There is no other MMOPRG which lets me enjoy PvP like NC.

Go on Guys.
I still Wub Joo m8! :p

Darken
11-11-04, 17:00
Heres one of em

<3

hinch
11-11-04, 17:04
as inspired by

http://www.furious-angels.com/showthread.php?t=2206

and

http://www.furious-angels.com/showthread.php?t=1812

my reasons are in there only i dont play anymore i just couldnt take the shit KK are producing anylonger the game lost its apeal now the main reason for not playing are monks are too mince now to be any fun to play

The Light
11-11-04, 17:05
It's all about the friends. Without them, I would not be here. Vent and/or TS makes a huge difference also. The PvP aspect to neocron is excellent as well.

Darken
11-11-04, 17:09
dont complain in this thread, just positiv things ;)
@Mods could someone delete those posts

[PiN]Fluffy
11-11-04, 17:10
clan thats about it. THe GM's just make me mad. I mean they make all us Pro City guys Go to freaking Doy or Right next to doy to level because there is not 1 descent leveling spot near NC and if there is they go screaming EXPLOIT when we AOE C10 ceres labs. We have to struggle to get out there all just to get pked. Then When we AOe to level quicker they come screaming exploit in the 5 minutes we AOE before we get pked. ANd if u bring a ppu with u he just gets tl3 healed and dies. I dont even know any more. Just my 2 cents. If u are gonna consider so many things an exploit Noob buffing is high on that exploit list.

Darken
11-11-04, 17:11
Don't Complain, just positiv things plz

.Cyl0n
11-11-04, 17:18
Look at my sig. So far friends kept me in... the pvp was "ok".. but lately tbh... NC is just an expensive mirc client for me..

Carinth
11-11-04, 17:19
What kept me for the last year was my clan and other friends I've made in the game. Since most of them have left by now, I have nothing in nc to keep me here. Oh.. except for this forum, I still have fun discussing stuff ; )

Darken
11-11-04, 17:20
arw cyl0n.....
Can't you at least stick to it =(.

Seems no chance on this thread.....

.Cyl0n
11-11-04, 17:22
arw cyl0n.....
Can't you at least stick to it =(.

Seems no chance on this thread.....

why? im so tired of all the bullshit darken... i went trough with it for 3 years... WITHOUT moaning .. always hoping and thinking KK would FIX the bugs and balance issues

it just gets old.

Glok
11-11-04, 17:22
I still play cause I'm nibbish and have never capped a char. I went to MC5 for the first time the other night with a PPU and died like a little bitch. I want to at least do that a few more times before I quit. :D

Tidus_Origin
11-11-04, 17:25
Why am I still playing? I guess it'd be all the people I've met along the way (the ppl that helped me as a noob, people in the clans ive been in, and everyone else) that've kept me interested in the game.

Spermy
11-11-04, 17:33
Because the angels don't own the map yet...

then again... I could be here a while... :lol:

Glok
11-11-04, 17:35
Speaking of the map, Terra looks surprisingly balanced in that area compared to the old days of superclans.

Spermy
11-11-04, 17:37
Yup - nice to see many fingers in many different parts of the collective pie.

epij
11-11-04, 17:54
and ive tried ALOT of MMOs, and even planet side's PvP wasnt as good as NCs lol

you obviously did not try eve-online

imho NC's pvp is rather average than good.
for FPS players its too static & numerical,
and for RPGers there is too few variation and complexity.

i anyhow enjoy adventuring within my fav. game genre.

S a W
11-11-04, 18:01
I duno why I still play 8| seriously duno.

Cause of a few good peeps still in the game maybe :)

Bushid0
11-11-04, 19:08
not sure why i play, as its hard to go pking on my tank when i get bad FPS, lag when firing my CS amongst other things.

its so bad i find myself logging my poker most of the time and just idling poking people while thinking of weather to log my tank or save myself the time and bother

However: ive had a few times of fun recent week or so that make me glad to play, 1 fight against a few FF killed a few had one running for UG before a apu PPu combo came to get me(thats one thing i dont like)

had another night were after a failed allied op fight(failed in that only 1 enemy came so i left)went to another op and spent around 3 hours fighting running hiding chasing a droner and a rifle spy, before fighting a pistol(god damn exe user)spy was doing ok then another damned pistol spy(yup exe user again :p )came on and both took me to peices.

but its days like that is the reason i still play, i know theres fun to be had

edit: those 2 threads, aint most of those guys either left or banned anyway?!?

FatDogg
11-11-04, 19:09
I like the PvP and also the ability to solo and not need a massive group to level fairly well with.

Radamez
11-11-04, 19:14
I don't :)

But I still visit the forums in hope of that super-patch that fixes everything :o

phunqe
11-11-04, 19:14
Because of my sexy clan leader... you just gotta love him in camou...
...oops was this thing on... errrr o_O

bounty
11-11-04, 19:18
I play this game definitely for the social aspect of things. Everyday, it seems like I meet a new friend. And I still meet people new to the game, and making friends with them not only makes my experience more enjoyable, but it also makes them stick around longer too.

bounty
11-11-04, 19:19
I like the PvP and also the ability to solo and not need a massive group to level fairly well with.

Couldn't agree with you more. I spend a LOT of time in this game doing my own thing. I hated how in daoc, you had to group with 50 people just to get stuff accomplished.

Tratos
11-11-04, 19:29
Although i was here i didnt play NC1 for 6 months or there abouts, but now im here because i enjoy it.

Birkoff
11-11-04, 19:30
I duno why I still play 8| seriously duno.

Cause of a few good peeps still in the game maybe :)

Same, probably b/c of the recent OP wars or b/c of people I know.... I honestly dunno why I'm still here.

Spermy
11-11-04, 19:33
Also - because we as a community get to change the game world / politics etc thru OPwars assasination, and general numbfuckery. Not just relying on patches and code to make it interesting.

manderf
11-11-04, 19:50
Also - because we as a community get to change the game world / politics etc thru OPwars assasination, and general numbfuckery. Not just relying on patches and code to make it interesting.

lol how long have you been playing?

Spermy
11-11-04, 20:56
Since before my join date if that's what you mean.

*been there done that bought the t-shirt and explained it a thousand times*

:rolleyes:

greendonkeyuk
11-11-04, 21:17
gaming in general is my main hobby, i view it the way some people might view a sport. im a competitor, some people coined the phrase cyber-athlete even. not my choice of words but there you go.I approach games the way i approach life (albeit not as seriously) in that i want to be the best i can be with the tools at my disposal. As such i measure myself against my peers and grade my own abilities against theirs. to this end there is one accolade i would like to acheive before i quit nc, that is to earn the respect of my peers for my deeds both on the battlefield and in the warroom or round the diplomatic table. until i do that i shant quit.

Sorry if that sounds too serious for you. Thats what came off the top of my head.

Denzionvij
11-11-04, 21:20
Honestly ? I play occassionally because i have a few good friends in here , and its damn funny to kick back in a strip club , get a /send from someone, stop drinking Cron 45s , put on my PA and go roll some scum fahqers in the wasteland.

rofl imho.

Jesterthegreat
11-11-04, 21:21
people i know (VENOM and NCAT mostly), PvP, addiction, no better game in same genre

QuantumDelta
11-11-04, 23:22
why? im so tired of all the bullshit darken... i went trough with it for 3 years... WITHOUT moaning .. always hoping and thinking KK would FIX the bugs and balance issues

it just gets old.
I went three years trying to find ways to fix things ...nevermind :p

Why do I still play...?
I don't really.... I sorta just pop in from time to time do an epic mission and pop out...

SorkZmok
11-11-04, 23:39
people i know (VENOM and NCAT mostly), PvP, addiction, no better game in same genreWell, make those people LAARD and lots of others and its the same reason for me.

:)

tiikeri
12-11-04, 01:40
To satisfy my bloodlust ^_^

BradSTL
12-11-04, 02:18
For the game environment. KK creates amazingly beautiful science fiction environments. I stayed away for almost a year, and by the end of that time I was almost physically jonesing to walk around in Neocron City again. The new DoY faction HQs are beautiful, right down to the new background theme music. (I even like the fact that all you pro-Reza creeps are stuck listening to Yanni or whatever that is in all of your HQs. We have separate musical themes for ourselves, and all of them are cooler than yours. Nyah. Pllllpppt.) The new Abandoned Sidestreet maps are the Best. Urban Warfare. Maps. EVAR! (Man, I want one of them converted to a Level 8 Abandoned Sidestreet. Hunting Butchees and Aggies and Cyclops Launchers in there would be the coolest thing known to man.) And my first time in HackNet my jaw dropped; the look is absolutely mind-bogglingly perfect.

Anarchy Online's artwork feels slapped together to me. Star Wars: Galaxies was amazingly dull, something I hardly expected from LucasArts. The artwork in this game, the maps and the logos and the grafitti and how it all fits together to tell stories, is just absolutely amazing. I spend a fair amount of time just crawling around the cities, taking notes when I remember to. I tell myself it's so I can know where things are later, but half the time I'm just sight-seeing.

The other reason is this: I ended up playing all 14 character character classes in Anarchy Online up to the mid-level. I mastered something like 10 of the skill trees in Star Wars: Galaxies. And no character class in any science fiction MMPORG has ever been as much visceral fun as being a droner in Neocron. (Being a stealthed Fixer in AO was close.) Even when we were gimped to the level of helplessness, and leveling a droner took weeks per point of INT and DEX, and you couldn't make money as one to save your life, it was worth it for the fun of flying and shooting them.

MkVenner
12-11-04, 03:10
you obviously did not try eve-online
erm yeah i did, got me a moa and everything, but after like 2 months of playing i realised i bored the shit outta me...gave my stuff to shujin (i think, i know he asked me for it, cant remeber if i gave it...) and fucked off...

solling
12-11-04, 05:16
cuz i have fun ;)

and cuz i got a lot of good friends here now :)

manderf
12-11-04, 05:56
Since before my join date if that's what you mean.

*been there done that bought the t-shirt and explained it a thousand times*

:rolleyes:

ya same with me i joined june 2003 didnt bother to register on this shite biased forum for a while though. You didnt answer my question btw

SypH
12-11-04, 06:34
Because I'm an idiot who gets a sick kick out of FREs, synching, bugs, PC lock ups and other reasons that cause crashes to the desktop.

Liebestoter
12-11-04, 10:18
Grief PK.
Looting other people's crap.
Stealth whoring in Plaza 1 with Vertigo.

Spermy
12-11-04, 11:00
ya same with me i joined june 2003 didnt bother to register on this shite biased forum for a while though. You didnt answer my question btw

june/july 03. ;)