PDA

View Full Version : Shelter..

Koth
11-11-04, 11:57
Right before i start, this is not a nerf thread so please dont flame me if you dont like the idea. it is also not aimed at specific class.

In my opinion the following changes should be made to shelter

1. It should decrease poison
2. After so much damage is soaked up the shelter should wear off immidately. This makes the dependance of shelter at op fights (PPU, Spy and PE) less of a factor in the outcome of the battle.

p.s if you gonna flame dont post - i dont like you

SorkZmok
11-11-04, 12:10
Like it. :)

SEX!

Man im bored, nothing to do for the next hour and 8 hours to go till i`m back home. :(

PREPARE AN OPFIGHT!! :lol:

AlphaGremlin
11-11-04, 12:18
How about shelter normally lasts for AGES by itself, but taking damage reduces the time it lasts. I think poison SHOULDN'T be included in Shelter though, the other damage classes are external, and poison is internal.
Perhaps increase the amount of damage absorbed by Shelter, and make it more viable for people to spec Poison resist?
Or make specced Poison resist twice as much as the others?
Give the hearts more poison resistance?
AlphaGremlin

Mechanicus
11-11-04, 12:58
too easy to remove poison stacks anyway

deac
11-11-04, 12:58
nope dont like the idea at all...

netster
11-11-04, 13:06
drug up (Paratemol forte) for FH2 and a antidote in qb ?
btw. Paratemol forte is one of the best drugs, cause it only takes VHC-20, but good pros : CON+4 HLT+10 END+14

edit : how about a poison belt ? :rolleyes:

Mechanicus
11-11-04, 13:23
or just use the antidote spell

Koth
11-11-04, 13:49
comments like "no dont like it" dont help. its simply an idea.

holy shelter/blessed shelter does last for fucking ages, mayb reduce the time,

Shelia
11-11-04, 13:54
or just use the antidote spell

Funny, you know there's something called POB ?

Nerf DIRECT poison dmg plz. It's plain shit, poison must do domage over time.

Mechanicus
11-11-04, 14:04
no you just dont have poison specced on your template

Koth
11-11-04, 14:13
Basically the problem with weapons as they are. are the following.

1. there arent enough weapons that do poison, which jusifies speccing a lot of poison resist.
2.Poison is bypassed by shelter - as was stated poison is internal. but it has to be external at some point. For example when its on your skin (out side the body)

Shelia
11-11-04, 14:18
no you just dont have poison specced on your template

Poison bypass shelter, and there isn't alot of armor for poison resist o_O
And antidote doesn't work against POB.
Poison direct damage are stupid, poison must do damage over time. If not what are antidote for ? o_O
I have no problems with poison beam, cuz you can use antidote. But POB it's just fuckin stupid. This weapon (LOWTECH) do more dmg than the best Hightech TL, you don't think something is wrong here ? And don't tell me to spec poison, my ppu have alot of POR, and POB do still more dmg than DG.

LTA
11-11-04, 14:20
Don't think poison should be stopped by shelt its good atm that it does dmg past buffs, it's kinda the melee anti buff.

not all weapons may justifiy the need of a poison spec but then your taking a decision to not strengthen yourself against it, some may see Shelter and a little less energy fire as a suitable replacement to free points for poison etc.

not all poison needs to be over time, can treat POB as one of those Arrow Frog style poisons were the effects are almost instantaneus :p

Spermy
11-11-04, 14:26
It should decrease poison - and do all the stuff you said - it should - rather than run out after damage - just run out after a shorter period. Keeps the PPus on thier toes - and the fact that not everyone at any one time is going to be sheltered - makes opfights a little more interesting rather than just sitting waiting for someones buffs to run out.

Mechanicus
11-11-04, 14:43
POB should do more damage to most ppus as it does alot more physical damage than DG

Koth
11-11-04, 15:32
It should decrease poison - and do all the stuff you said - it should - rather than run out after damage - just run out after a shorter period. Keeps the PPus on thier toes - and the fact that not everyone at any one time is going to be sheltered - makes opfights a little more interesting rather than just sitting waiting for someones buffs to run out

The man thinks the truth!

developing on my idea futher i think shelters should be made to protect against direct poison to a degree, as many have said, there are anti poison drugs

how does that sound?

.Cyl0n
11-11-04, 16:09
nice try but that wont be a real problem for a good clan on a voice comm.

just put down shelter % dmg ;)

Koth
11-11-04, 16:15
well, if nothing is done with shelter then armour should be edited to include a small amount of poison resist exmaple.

Inquisition 1

xx fire
fire ap/2 poison

so the fire armour (or whatever armour) has a small amount of poison. The only weakness with this is there would be a considerable amount of poison resist on the level 4 armour. :( Pherhaps cap the amount of poison armour available from the armour IE + 10 on each peice of armour max

Xeno LARD
11-11-04, 16:18
I don't see all armours having force re.. oh wait yes I do.
I don't see all armours having energy re.. oh wait yes I do.

Yeh, go for it.

Argent
11-11-04, 16:26
Orginal idea might be "good" for PvP, but PvM aspect is totally different. And even in PvP, I fear it would only add to the number of PPUs needed for battle, want even more monk'a cron than it is now?

POB? What? There's another minimal threat to ppus among HAB+ton of damage together. God, we need more shit like that, not less. If you want more protection from POB, spec some damn poison.

Carinth
11-11-04, 17:35
I like the idea of shelter breaking after a certain amount of damage is recieved.. but it needs to come with some other changes aswell. Shelter is nolonger removable by antibuff/antishelter and/or shelter lasts longer. There's no reason to have a way to strip a ppu's shelter when normal damage can break through, if enough is applied.

.Cyl0n
11-11-04, 17:38
I like the idea of shelter breaking after a certain amount of damage is recieved.. but it needs to come with some other changes aswell. Shelter is nolonger removable by antibuff/antishelter and/or shelter lasts longer. There's no reason to have a way to strip a ppu's shelter when normal damage can break through, if enough is applied.

yes theres 1 reason... ppus are BADLY OVERPOWERD

thx

Carinth
11-11-04, 17:51
yes theres 1 reason... ppus are BADLY OVERPOWERD

thx
Eh? Did you actualy read or just see "remove debuff" and think ohno! If 4 spies can deal enough damage to break my shelter, then there's no reason to have apu's with a spell devoted to breaking my shelter. They can just use their normal HL.

.Cyl0n
11-11-04, 18:40
Eh? Did you actualy read or just see "remove debuff" and think ohno! If 4 spies can deal enough damage to break my shelter, then there's no reason to have apu's with a spell devoted to breaking my shelter. They can just use their normal HL.

It just sounded like you wanted to have something removed from the ppus enemy to accept that change ... ( dunno how to say it really in english lol )..

sorry im just a bit too ...how do you say... carefull ? in that topic atm :|

Dromidas
12-11-04, 01:37
holy shelter/blessed shelter does last for fucking ages, mayb reduce the time,
In response to that i doom thee to have to cast a shelter/defense on 3 other people and yourself when it lasts 1/2 the time for the entire time you're playing neocron or you will constantly be bombarded with requests for s/d for the rest of your life and should these requests not be answered everyone in your immediate area shall have their head start spinning around violently spewing vomit at no less than fourty miles per hour, this includes any animals you have in the area.

jnky
12-11-04, 15:14
All this monk talk is getting on my nerves......
I have an apu and have played ppu in the past.

Points continually getting raised:
a. APU's overpowered damage dealer - agreed
b. PPU's overpowered glueing gods - agreed

My main char is PE, but I personally like it the way it is with monks, if im jumped by an apu I probably die, if i jump an apu he dies, so what !!
I love the ppus, they keep me alive and make op wars last a lot longer, I know you all really like there buffs. It seems to me that your asking to be nerfed because its you who benefits most from shelter not the ppu.

Monk week :
I vote for one week only remove monks from the game ( a bit harsh ) or my prefered :-
Remove foreign casts from ppu spells (for 1 week) but release ppu points so they can make hyb's for a week after that week put it back (somehow :confused: )
After this period lets all sit around the table and see how much this has affected the community. How would people feel without there ppus! because theres a lot of people who dont post on here who may feel very differently towards monks.

Personally I feel you should leave it the fuck alone for the simple fact that Im sick of reading about it. It has been going on since 'nerf the hybrids' and your spoiling my dinner time reading at work.

Sorry if you dont like what I have said but Im having a bad day at work and I come on here to shut off from it, only to hear the same old scratched record over and over.

lol bring it on and flame me I wont be here