PDA

View Full Version : installing problem.....

System
11-11-04, 08:44
yea... Just like NC1 it takes 5+ times of downloading to get somewheres.

I've download nc2 from 5 different places and each fucking place has something fucked with it. Finally I got farther with the 5th download and was able to install the game BUT currupted files. Terrain.pak gfx.pak sound.pak

So i'm like just do a file check and then download what I need to. What... WHAT... "Loading error...." Unable to find GameCD data. So whats that cannot download my currupted files!!! Ok so it tells me to go onto the CD and take off the Terrain.pak and the Terraincd.dat file and put it in my NC2 folder.... Oh yea there is no CD.

So... Could someone please host those two files or give me a link for them or a quick fix.

Maybe this is why there wasn't a lot of new people in the game...

Seven
11-11-04, 09:15
http://cp.neocron.com/17/downloads?lang=en&

System
11-11-04, 09:20
I'm gonna try and not take that as a smart ass reply.

I downloaded it 5 times. I know where to download the whole god damn thing but that takes hours on end and I started those whole downloading NC2 at 12am last night woke up to currupted files, restarted the download somewheres else again currupted files, agian and again and AGAIN...

Now since I've finally gotten it installed to where I can bring the launch screen up, all I have to do is replace the currupted paks and BAM it works. So i'm just looking for links to the files I need and not the whole thing~! ;)

Seven
11-11-04, 09:32
Oh, in the launcher click on the "configuration" tab and than a box will pop up, click on "check file integrity" and that should check all the files and download the ones you need.

System
11-11-04, 09:37
Forgot to add, I did that part, you know how its done it tells you "Next time you try and launch the game it will redownload all the files you need" Well when I hit launch Game it gives me that CD error so i cannot get to where it trys to connect to the server and where it downloads what it needs to.

Seven
11-11-04, 09:43
Ah, some other people had that problem, but the forums search feature is being a pain in the ass because "CD" is too short to add onto another word and it ignores it.

Maybe something in one of the ini files that says CD = False or something, can't remember and I'm tired.

Seven
11-11-04, 09:50
I think you have to delete the "Terraincd.dat" file (or move it to a temp file in case this doesn't work) from your directory and then check the files again.

Omnituens
11-11-04, 10:13
if your terrain.pak file is corrupt, you'll have to redownload the whole thing anyway, 50% of the file size is in there.

and you dont want to be downloading ~700MB though the launcher.

System
11-11-04, 23:23
Day 3:

Well i'm a getting pissed off and about to give up! I'm now at 2% again in downloading NC2 for the 7th time now. SEVEN TIMES~!!!!!!!~

I just don't get it damnit! I've downloaded it from 7 different places 7 different servers 7 fucking times!

So does anyone have any idea what is the problem. I'm using rar to extract it when it needs it. Should I use a different extraction program or something... maybe should reinstall rar. I've downloaded them off an FTP one by one and still currupted shit. help me plase..........

Glok
11-11-04, 23:29
rar? None of the files I downloaded needed an archiver, I just hit the setup.exe file and it did it's thing.

System
11-11-04, 23:34
Well if you download it from like Fileplanet it comes in a Neocron.zip file and which I use RAR from RARLab.com to unzip it.

Seven
11-11-04, 23:43
If you're using WinXP just right click on the zip file and select extract all.

Morganth
12-11-04, 00:13
System get Psyborg or Chimp to send the client to you via AIM. I would but a) I don't have AIM, and b) I don't have the client on hand :(

If you still have trouble I could get a copy somehow and mail it to you, lol.

StryfeX
12-11-04, 00:28
If you're torrenting it, it should come as 4 separate files anyway. Just click on Setup.exe to install it. It'll automatically extract the .bin files as it needs them.

--Stryfe

Omnituens
12-11-04, 02:40
i had to download it 3 times until it worked, terrain.pak kept getting corrupted

System
12-11-04, 02:53
yea my terrain.pak gfx and sound has been currupted each time. 95% on the 8th time downloadin it. If this doesnt work i give up

System
12-11-04, 04:13
Ok... Well I've gotten a little farther this time. Now only my sound.pak file is currupted. ok then just do a file check and get it to download from the client. Hrmm.. whats this doesnt tell me that they are currupted... Opens patchlog... WTF

CHECK: Missing non-critical file 'sound\amb\ca_master\cc_001_amb01!.wav' (silently skipped)
CHECK: Missing non-critical file 'sound\amb\ca_master\cc_001_amb01.wav' (silently skipped)
CHECK: Missing non-critical file 'sound\amb\ca_master\cc_002_amb02.wav' (silently skipped)
CHECK: Missing non-critical file 'sound\amb\ca_master\cc_003_noise02.wav' (silently skipped)
CHECK: Missing non-critical file 'sound\amb\ca_master\cc_004_shot01.wav' (silently skipped)
CHECK: Missing non-critical file 'sound\amb\ca_master\cc_005_noise03.wav' (silently skipped)

So it SKIPS over ALL the sounds I need... WTF thats nice now I don't have any fucking sounds... So... Anyone got a link to get the sound.pak?

KK you should really host all the files on your ftp

Oh and all my .tlf files for sector H and sector I is currupted and this is taking forever. I don't think KK wants me to play

Glok
12-11-04, 04:16
Dude you have the worst luck ever... :/

System
12-11-04, 04:26
Ok.. . I'm thinking you know how when a new patch comes out and you use the client to download the patch it just gets it from ftp.neocron.com

Well where does the client get the currupted files from? Because it isn't there unless the folder is hidden/locked. I've looked in all the .ini files to see if theres another address but i haven't found anything. Any ideas? Because these sector files that is currupted is going to take me hours to download off the client plus i need the sounds files.

Psyborg
12-11-04, 05:47
System if you need me to I can send u the files via AIM I have done it for four ppl now and they do work...worked for me and the four otha ppl....so just im me if u want me to send it to u via aim...would be np...just have to find the files again lol :)