PDA

View Full Version : A couple of APU questions...

Killfly
11-11-04, 00:32
I'm new to playing a psi-monk (always played Spies), and just had a couple of quick questions...

1) What mobs is poison good against? I can use a Toxic Halo now, but it doesn't seem to be very effective against Launchers... What can I try it on?

2) What causes my spells to slow down and do less damage? I've noticed, after a couple of long periods blasting Launchers at Chester, that my spells seem to lose frequency and start doing stupidly low damage (like 15 as opposed to 150)... This isn't down to anything like SI or low amounts of mana in my psi pool, so what am I missing?

[TgR]KILLER
11-11-04, 00:35
1) fuck knows i think fire / energy weapons are best used vs all mobs toxic is just for the beam / holy pest for PVP

2) fuck knows about that eighter :p i got it on my HL to.. sometimes when hunting i get bugged and suddenly do 50 instead of 500 dmg to mobs on my APU real buggy :(

Mechanicus
11-11-04, 00:36
poison is poor against all mobs really

Morganth
11-11-04, 00:38
1) Generally poision only works on mobs if you give them about 25-30 stacks to worry about, however you could kill them faster using a fire/energy halo.

2) I find this happens sometimes when I zone, and is usually fixed when I put away and then draw my weapon.

wombat74
11-11-04, 00:39
2) What causes my spells to slow down and do less damage? I've noticed, after a couple of long periods blasting Launchers at Chester, that my spells seem to lose frequency and start doing stupidly low damage (like 15 as opposed to 150)... This isn't down to anything like SI or low amounts of mana in my psi pool, so what am I missing?

I've noticed the same thing when going against the Launchers in OZ storage. A quick module change tends to "reset" the damage it does (as with most other gnats* in this game)

*gnats - small annoying bugs

Murder Elf
11-11-04, 00:41
2) I find this happens sometimes when I zone, and is usually fixed when I put away and then draw my weapon.

I get this if i fatal or sync when i log on. If i fatal when i come back on there slow and less dmg so i redraw it. And when i sync when i log on then come back straight away it does same. Same thing fixes it. Nothing major.

Killfly
11-11-04, 00:52
Awesome - thanks very much for all the replies :)

Transformer
11-11-04, 16:02
theres a bug on apu's when you first log on (sometimes) that your spells will do crap for dmg. to fix this just pull out another spell then go back to the spell you want to use and it will do normal dmg once again.

epij
11-11-04, 18:11
theres a bug on apu's when you first log on (sometimes) that your spells will do crap for dmg. to fix this just pull out another spell then go back to the spell you want to use and it will do normal dmg once again.

yes, spells are bugged pretty much.
same applies to your transport skill.

try overload yourself till you move really really slow, while you got a spell equipped.

then remove the junk till your load SHOULD be normal again, but you will still move as completly overloaded. now put on a different spell and you get running again.

funny, right ?

Obsidian X
11-11-04, 18:47

Its the same as the bug with melee, when you log on sometimes (often after an FRE) the frequency on your weapons is crap. Redrawing the weapon fixes it though.

t0tt3
11-11-04, 20:36
Its the same as the bug with melee, when you log on sometimes (often after an FRE) the frequency on your weapons is crap. Redrawing the weapon fixes it though.

Yea its just a gfx bug. Tried it with a other capped APU and I got fatal and relogged and got the magic 80 dmh with 35 RoF with a capped HL

We saw a chaser and after it was dead I got like 3000 Nc which mean I got most dmg on the mob but what I saw was 80 - 90 hits still if you look at the mob healt bar it goes down as quickly when you aint bugged.. Never happend in NC1 tho

OOOOH THANK YOU KK!!!! a new feature :rolleyes: :D

Bushid0
12-11-04, 00:32
OOOOH THANK YOU KK!!!! a new feature :rolleyes: :D
not the kind of new feature i was hoping for, but still its something at least.

as for poison, ive always found the fire and energy modules were always quicker.

poison was only really good if you stacked a shed load of them on to a mob then went off around the corner to wait, but it takes so much longer you might as well just blast the bastard with energy weapon and be done with it

t0tt3
12-11-04, 02:11
poison was only really good if you stacked a shed load of them on to a mob then went off around the corner to wait, but it takes so much longer you might as well just blast the bastard with energy weapon and be done with it

Posion was good when the range where larger then HL I used it alot and I could easy do over 200 dmg a tick... But know my dear 5 slotted stays in gogu only time I can use it is vs bad resist setup for spies :D