PDA

View Full Version : oh why oh why

henrymkfin
10-11-04, 17:39
Haven't been playing for a month or so due my computer brokedown on me.

Now that I can play again I noticed that one anoying BUG is still around.

I play as sniper and mostly when I shoot mob with my sniperrifle, the shot hits, registers damage, theres that 179 point of dmg floating above mob but nothing happens, the mob doesn't get any damage. It's not lag coz if I wait for the shot to be registered or something like that nothing happens. I did over 2000 point of damage to banefull plant in sewers level 1 and that plant didn't lose 1 point

This is really a crappy thing. I have get killed so many times because enemy won't really take damage, lot's of red damage point floating above enemy allright but not any real damage is done.

:mad:

hudsonbeck
10-11-04, 17:42
Haven't been playing for a month or so due my computer brokedown on me.

Now that I can play again I noticed that one anoying BUG is still around.

I play as sniper and mostly when I shoot mob with my sniperrifle, the shot hits, registers damage, theres that 179 point of dmg floating above mob but nothing happens, the mob doesn't get any damage. It's not lag coz if I wait for the shot to be registered or something like that nothing happens. I did over 2000 point of damage to banefull plant in sewers level 1 and that plant didn't lose 1 point

This is really a crappy thing. I have get killed so many times because enemy won't really take damage, lot's of red damage point floating above enemy allright but not any real damage is done.

:mad:

Havent tried it myself yet, but i heard that if u just switch weapons then come back to the sniper it will be corrected and from then on... ur damage will register.

just what i heard tho

Husdon

Dribble Joy
10-11-04, 17:43
It happens with many weapons, especially when the weapon does much more dmg than the mob has hp.
Often I will shoot a cyberguard with my judge and nothing will happen.

Also, the client and the server may be seeing different things. The client may think that you hit and shows the dmg come off, but to the server it missed.

Serpent
10-11-04, 17:44
go 2m nearer to that mob, and the dmg will be registered

(sorry for my E )

Omnituens
10-11-04, 18:01
try to moonstriker a vulture. when (or if) you succeed you will do about 1500 damage, but it'll keep on flappin'

i get the same bug with sniper rifles, even when shooting mobs that would take more that 1 hit (for instance, a WB)

henrymkfin
10-11-04, 18:25
:angel: but this issue should be fixed. Im a sniper. I don't want to 2m closer to the enemy or switch weapons that often helps have to admit.
And if clinet thinks something else that server, then there are something really bogus foobar going on. This sould be realtime online game. Client and server should think sameways.

I have payed KK big bugs for this game and then I get this Crap in return.
I have a pure hacker that is useless due hacknet bugs and screwups. I have now this sniper that is usefull, when damn shots do the pain to enemy. Otherwise It's just cannonfodder to them.

I have only 1 month account payment method. So if things aren't going in to better direction, im out.

and pardon my english.

[TgR]KILLER
10-11-04, 18:33
yea got that bug alot to not just with the sniper tho i dit notice it when i still had my noob sniper spy..

but with the PE i got it to on warbots over a large range.. sometimes you can put a clip in the bot but its taking no life drain even tho there are points floating above his head.. but as somebody said getting a little closer fixes it most of the time.

kurai
10-11-04, 18:44
It's an *ooooold* "feature" that's been around since the dawn of time.

It's caused by the less than optimal handling of the "clipping plane" issues.

As I'm sure you've noticed even with weapons that have a range significantly longer than the distance you can see there's still a point beyond which you can see the mob, but not get a target reticle up.

There's a second point, slightly closer, where you can get a reticle and *apparently* inflict damage, but nothing registers on the mob's health bar.

The distance between these two points isn't great - 5 to 10 metres or so, but it is aggravating.