PDA

View Full Version : Litigation ROCKS!

Spermy
10-11-04, 14:10
So I took my boss to court a year ago - Due to the fact I messed my arm up badly at work, the **** made me work to the end of my shift with a broken arm and elbow...

Got a letter through this morning from my solicitor - I won the case - and they're going to pay out :D

Cue a fat juicy cheque for me!

*Teh Rock hands*

phunqe
10-11-04, 14:32
Cool... May I ask how much and where (country) you live? (just out of statistical curiosity) :)

EDIT: Just ignore my question if you don't want to answer :p

Spermy
10-11-04, 14:58
To be announced - 20% is going to go to fees - but anything from 3-10K they are saying - which is bloody great - seeing as I only wanted to bring to the attention of the higher ups that my (ex) boss cannot do her job - and isn't fit to manage a piss up in a brewery.

Money is but a bonus :)

Live in the UK.

phunqe
10-11-04, 15:18
It's quite obvious when she made you work the whole shift, that she is not fit to do the job.
I mean wtf is that about :mad:
Any movement or strain to a broken arm/leg whatever will probably fuck it up even more than it was in the first place.

Spermy
10-11-04, 16:19
Hey as long as she gets sacked - I'm happy - the only thing the money will be used for is Uni fees and rent, so it's not like I'm getting anything else out of it.

Still - justice done and I'm a happy guy.

darknessfairy
10-11-04, 20:33
congrats m8y from df and bob "DOWN WITH MANAGEMENT!" hehe :angel: ;)

greendonkeyuk
10-11-04, 20:35
the average student comes out with 18-20k debts nowadays apparently m8, so if you get a nice fat pay out its gonna get you half way to paying that off so yeah nice one.

Xeno LARD
10-11-04, 21:36
Nice one Spermy. Nice to know that "the small people" can be noticed some times.

I hope your arm is ok now :(.

LOST
10-11-04, 21:43
its not all right...it's bent in the middle ;)

glad its sorted matey.

Spermy
10-11-04, 22:17
Thankies guys ^_^

Arm is sorted now... Kinda - I'm having to relearn guitar again - and my fingers aren't going to work as well as they did - but i'm used to it now anyways.

Still - Student debt isn't as scary anymore!

notneo
10-11-04, 23:00
further law suit for loss of mobilty to a limb :)

the company i work for is red hot on work injury,we even have to sign a form every day to say wether we are fit to work.Any work related injury and even out of work and you are down to there own doctor and physio on-site.

one guy got sent home cus he had a virus and might infect the work force,mind you we have 2500 per shift,imagine them all going down with the flu :)

sanityislost
10-11-04, 23:05
sweeet! nice one mate n congrats :D

SiL ..:..

shodanjr_gr
11-11-04, 00:01
Send some this way!!! Ive got a CC running and halo2/halflife2 are on the way!!!!

jernau
11-11-04, 02:13
Not the best way to earn a living.:lol:

Permanent injuries of any kind are bad but it's good to hear you got something back for it.