PDA

View Full Version : Greifing

Marshall1
10-11-04, 03:04
i and a load of other people have been greifed by a player on the terra server exploiting the negative sl thing
we defend ourslves he dies we get negative sl and he has a field day attacking us knowing that we will keep getting sl hits while he wont as we have negative sl this si haopening in plaza 1 and 2 and not from anti city but a pro city char this need to be sorted to me its an exploit of the system i feel if you are shot first you have the irght to defend yourself and should not lose sl why cant this not be implemented i moan alot about being pked and yea thats part of t egame and i have excepted that but greifing like this is not and need s to be stopped

garyu69
10-11-04, 03:13
A similar thing used to happen on Pluto in NC1, and its really annoying because you knew that if you attacked and killed them then you would take an SL hit, and if you didn't you would be killed.

Unfortunatly there really is nothing you can do apart from get loads of people together on your side and force them out the city :D

At the end of the day there are alwasys going to be those people who think its fun to play the game in that way and it completely sucks :(

joran420
10-11-04, 03:27
I CAN AFFORD a lil SL Hit :p

spongeb0b
10-11-04, 03:28
I was there annoying as hell to.... melee PE runs around the copbots and guards so you can't make a mistake cos if you do.... you guessed it copbot attacks you onoz 8| then whats more annoying is the guy is the same faction as me... i cant just not fight back cos he'll kill me but i dont want the soul light hit wtf am i spose to do? in the end i killed him but I'm now pissed that i'm the one punished for it WTF???? not good imo

joran420
10-11-04, 03:30
die and let the others kill him SL free?

kill him and live with the SL hit.....personally i would say take a couple hits and attack a guard and make him yellow SL at leazst

spongeb0b
10-11-04, 03:34
tbh i'm not going to die and let my SA and SF and all my other imps fall out on purpose so i can spend 3 hours looking for a 115 poker thnx very much thats just not fun :mad:

MkVenner
10-11-04, 03:36
its annoying as hell as CM, ive been attacked by Crahn, TT, CA, BT, BD, Tsu, and ive had to either die or take SL hits if i defend myself.... the system doesnt work...but how to make it work...

Xadhoom
10-11-04, 03:44
the whole Soullight system is crap.

LiL T
10-11-04, 04:04
Saw a player doing that in Doy city center to a few noobs he would not stop when asked so he got my treatment. I don't really give a shit how much SL I lose I logged my low lvl hybrid and people whatched and laughed as I killed him over and over again. Never seen him since I think I ruined his fun....

kevz
10-11-04, 04:09
yeah that was quite nasty, having -17 SL now is gonna take a while to get at 40 again.... but ok, the pk'ing noob suffered, i hope :D

-edit- late night typos hrhr

Babai
10-11-04, 08:43
One solution, but I dont know if its hard to code:

Bounty system:
If the same/allied/neutral attacks you, he gets an aggressor tag and a bounty amount is displayed next to his name (the bounty amount should depend on his attack rank, the higher it is the bigger the amount should be , say combat rank X 100).The bounty is visible to anyone. Everyone can attack a bounted person to collect a bounty without any SL hit. The bounty amount is deducted from his cash. If he killes you his bounty becomes permanent, he takes a SL hit and has to run missions to clear the bounty. When his SL gets above 0, his bounty dissapears. If you kill him in defence then you collect the bounty and his bounty is cleared.

phunqe
10-11-04, 09:27
If it's a fairly safe zone I've done kill self in the past when people fuck around, then kill them while they are at negative.

Pay back with their own medicine.

-=Dredduk=-
10-11-04, 09:34
bah yesterday i had a bunch lame people attacking me...

first of all my apu has low sl because i accidently killed someone about 2 weeks ago (havent logged on him that much) so i go to plaza 1 and get 5 FA stacks on me and it kills me.

i log my pe and find out who it is... i kill the person (my pe lose's sl)then this tank can apu decide to attack me because i got yellow soulight... they kill me.

honestly this really pisses me off.

I cant see this allied system working out if the allies are going to kill me just because of soul light.

MasterBee
10-11-04, 10:24
bah yesterday i had a bunch lame people attacking me...

first of all my apu has low sl because i accidently killed someone about 2 weeks ago (havent logged on him that much) so i go to plaza 1 and get 5 FA stacks on me and it kills me.

i log my pe and find out who it is... i kill the person (my pe lose's sl)then this tank can apu decide to attack me because i got yellow soulight... they kill me.

honestly this really pisses me off.

I cant see this allied system working out if the allies are going to kill me just because of soul light.

Umm, dude, you deserve every bit of it. You logged ANOTHER char to kill someone who killed you? :rolleyes:
That must be the new standard of lameness lol... WTF did you expect?

Asul
10-11-04, 10:40
Erm... dont forget u are in an Virtual World, when u get Red SL, u are an outlaw, dont matter if it was an mistake or not. Its a hard World, and when a runner wanna kill you and u have red SL, well, then u have to fight, its like 200-300 Years ago, when u get banned as a witch or something and people try to kill you and u have the luch or Skill to kill them, then many more people come to steal your live. The world is not fair, a virtual world is not fair either.
Its no popin Pink universe, ist gray.

A qoute from a wise man:

Farmer: Holy Lord, why do you kill me? I worked so hard my whole live 4 you.
Lord: Because I have the power to do it!
Sorry 4 that english, but, keep a little bit RP in mind, we dont play CS, we live in a Virtual World!

Smock
10-11-04, 10:49
Yeah, but how about the red SL bug? Happened several times to me now.

And the "exploit thing" really sucks. Quite often I'm having a bit of fun, fighting others in DoY CC. Bit of test damage, bit of running around, trying to hit eachother (No Neofrag in DoY, remember?). Now sometimes you hit someone else, or that person in asks for a test hit. Then he decides to be real funny and original (NOT) gets himself killed and poof. You've got red SL, reason for aforementioned lameass to kill you over and over.

Luckily I've learnt to run for SS4 when he attacks the guards might he dicide to kill himself that way. Still, it sucks. Besides, he SL hit is way too much. Going from +30ish to red for just one hit? o_O

Asul
10-11-04, 11:05
Okay, u right, the SL loss is really high, but I don't think KK do anything to change it. It's like the trade-stealing. They say, when a runner decide to be a thief (or in that case RED SL killa), he can do it. Note the name of the sucker and wait. ;) there comes a time when u can pay it back to him :) . Dunno know how I can translate it, I say to me in cases like that:

"Rache ist geduldig.";)
Maybe anyone can translate it :)

U all are right, it sucks, its not fair, but NC is NOT fair (look @ GR camping & noob killing, OP-night-hacking... etc.)

/Edit: What SL-Bug do u mean?

Smock
10-11-04, 11:32
Rache ist geduldig.
Would translate like: "Revenge is patient". (And sweet) :p

But: Most of the things you describe are features. In this case the negative SL is either due to a bug, or an exploit and is mainly used for griefing.

By SL bug i mean logging into the game and having negative SL instead of the positive 46 SL U had before, without hitting anyone. (Can't hit someone when offline eh? :p).
And yeah, one of my own transferred chars transferred with -3SL.

Asul
10-11-04, 11:55
By SL bug i mean logging into the game and having negative SL instead of the positive 46 SL U had before, without hitting anyone. (Can't hit someone when offline eh? http://neocron2.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif).
And yeah, one of my own transferred chars transferred with -3SL.
Never had this bug before....
This Bug must be fixed, that is really shit (not that "I hit him because he run in my fire" thing)
In that case u r very right... But that is KK's fault, not really the fault of the assh*l* that pking u ;) Mean, he can't change that he is a dirtbag, but KK can fix bugs like that (in theory :p)

Bushid0
10-11-04, 12:15
Umm, dude, you deserve every bit of it. You logged ANOTHER char to kill someone who killed you? :rolleyes:
That must be the new standard of lameness lol... WTF did you expect?
i guess you missed his point then and concentrated on a minor part of the story :rolleyes:

point was he was attacked for having neg SL but the attackers didnt care for the reason

MasterBee
10-11-04, 13:01
i guess you missed his point then and concentrated on a minor part of the story :rolleyes:

point was he was attacked for having neg SL but the attackers didnt care for the reason

Yes, AND? He wasn't griefed... He had negative SL. We all know, people with negative SL are ASKING to be ganked if they go to plaza... And as he stated he WENT to plaza with negative SL. :rolleyes:
I agree that SL system is fucked up... But what do you expect people to do?
"Excuse me kind sir, but it appears to me that your SoulLight is below respectable levels... May I inquire as to why it is so low?" :rolleyes:
Besides, if he had positive SL and accidentally killed someone, there is no way in hell he would go below -16. Anything between -15 and 0 is automatically regained in less than an hour. So chill in your apt and quit whining.

Bushid0
10-11-04, 13:26
he didnt say red he said neg

so just because you see someone with even the slightest bit of negative SL you kill them?

Smock
10-11-04, 13:38
he didnt say red he said neg

so just because you see someone with even the slightest bit of negative SL you kill them?

Common practice really. :rolleyes:
Can't even blame them. -SL=bad person=capital punishment.

If by acccident you killed someone, you should GR back to a safe place immedeatly, or else accept the consequenses.

Anyone know Blasko? A PE with red SL for a long time. stood around in CC. Ofcourse, someone would kill him. instead of doing missions or GRing to appt, he only bitched and moaned, killing his killer, getting more into the negative. Got killed by someone else, repeat story.
He went so much on my nerves that finally after a week I killed him too.
Bitchin, moaning, etc. Then he "put me on the list of assholes now listing 50 pages". Hmm. That'd be everyone? I wonder who the asshole is. :lol:

Anyway. Red SL=dead. Anp ppl heard too many excuses already. The "I accidently hit and killed a nib aint gonna work anyway, heard that one way too often, so no need to hear someone's "reasons" for being red.

Bushid0
10-11-04, 13:41
hang on where did he say he was red?

negatve SL isanything below 0

Marshall1
10-11-04, 14:03
thats all wel and good but when a player is greifing its a different case and there should be safe gards in place. just because one person wants ot be an ass like i say proper rol play dont bother me to much but greifing is very annoying the other thing that is annoying when someone keeps hitting you whilel you satnd still your trying to do something and someoen keeps punching you and wont stop usually soem low lvl char it sucks

El_MUERkO
10-11-04, 14:23
the whole Soullight system is crap.
/\ what he said

Freaky Fryd
10-11-04, 14:34
/\ what he said

Word, brethren.
I said it long ago (as have many others)...work needs to be done to it...

Selendor
10-11-04, 15:28
I haven't really thought this through, but how about this solution:

If you attack a friendly runner who has positive soulight, when you get him to 1/3rd health you lose the soulight, not when you kill him. This would mean the griefer would lose soulight and you could escape with no punishment (presuming you could escape in time).

Asul
10-11-04, 16:21
Edit: should try to read carefully before posting ^^

-=Dredduk=-
10-11-04, 18:28
hang on where did he say he was red?

negatve SL isanything below 0

exactly i had -11 i killed someone by accident so that gives someone else a good reason to kill a allied?

i could understand if i was red.

but i wasnt.

Radamez
10-11-04, 19:52
i had -11 i killed someone by accident so that gives someone else a good reason to kill a allied?

Unfortunately, yes.

Most people don't need much of an excuse to kill an allied, so they rarely consider the fact that you might be neg SL for an innocent reason, such as defending yourself.

It's easier for them to assume you've ganked an ally and that you deserve to die.

They get a kill out of it, and their penis becomes that bit longer.

-FN-
10-11-04, 20:53
One solution, but I dont know if its hard to code:

Bounty system:
If the same/allied/neutral attacks you, he gets an aggressor tag and a bounty amount is displayed next to his name (the bounty amount should depend on his attack rank, the higher it is the bigger the amount should be , say combat rank X 100).The bounty is visible to anyone. Everyone can attack a bounted person to collect a bounty without any SL hit. The bounty amount is deducted from his cash. If he killes you his bounty becomes permanent, he takes a SL hit and has to run missions to clear the bounty. When his SL gets above 0, his bounty dissapears. If you kill him in defence then you collect the bounty and his bounty is cleared.

I really, really like this idea. Anyone who attacks a friendly runner suddenly gets that aggressor tag for say, 1 minute? At that point, *anyone* can kill him without any SL hit or Faction Sympathy change. COPBOTs shouldn't attack the runner as it may very well have been an accident, but the people around him/her would know what was up.

This idea - is one of the sexiest things I've read in quite awhile.

greendonkeyuk
10-11-04, 21:07
sl sucks tbh, clan wars should be implemented to prevent sl loss, for mercs this is a particularly sensitive issue. The griefing aspect i would report to kk on an email and maybe the guy will get sorted by the powers that be, in any case theres plenty of suggestions further up on how to deal with him.

bob if you tipped more youd get poked more :D

lastly i too like babais idea. i think you should post it as a new thread mate. id vote for you. Maybe a 5 minute bounty would be more sufficient, just to give the wouldbe bounty hunters time to react. Grief the griefers! Rawr.

El_MUERkO
11-11-04, 14:30
I really, really like this idea. Anyone who attacks a friendly runner suddenly gets that aggressor tag for say, 1 minute? At that point, *anyone* can kill him without any SL hit or Faction Sympathy change. COPBOTs shouldn't attack the runner as it may very well have been an accident, but the people around him/her would know what was up.

This idea - is one of the sexiest things I've read in quite awhile.
http://www.cgagamers.com/forums/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_withstupid.gif

spongeb0b
11-11-04, 16:51
bob if you tipped more youd get poked more :D
have you ever poked me? no? how would you know what i tip ;) ... I tip what i can afford tbh besides that is not the issue under discussion

Blacksword
11-11-04, 21:52
ive put this thought in another thread, but what about a reporting system. you die, get a gr list to choose, why not let another window pop up asking whether you want to give your attacker the sl/faction penalty or not? uo had this with thier murderer system, you could fight with each other, and if one of you died, your buddy didnt have to take a count, because you could excuse it. its so irritating to lose sl, for no reason, even just fighting mobs. you can hit them, and fucking five minutes later youll take a sl hit cause they got killed by a mob.

put in reporting and let players decide when they want thier attackers to get a sl hit.

Nasher
11-11-04, 22:56
SL should work on a consent/punishment type system, if an allied player attacks you, you should be able to give him a SL hit within a few minutes of him damaging you by going to a terminal and "reporting" him or typing a command (maybe even a consent list of people/clans allowed to attack you with no loss), on death you should be able to choose if they take the hit or not. Obviously it wouldnt work on enemys.

Oh yea and we need the bounty system back for people with -SL :)

Blacksword
12-11-04, 05:09
SL should work on a consent/punishment type system, if an allied player attacks you, you should be able to give him a SL hit within a few minutes of him damaging you by going to a terminal and "reporting" him or typing a command (maybe even a consent list of people/clans allowed to attack you with no loss), on death you should be able to choose if they take the hit or not. Obviously it wouldnt work on enemys.

Oh yea and we need the bounty system back for people with -SL :)

uh, beat you by a good hour on that idea, still good though :D

Dromidas
12-11-04, 14:01
All they gotta do is implement a 'purple' phase in pvp, if another player attacks a same ally then they are considered 'purple (aka free pvp)' but it only affects the person they shot.
That way, if tangent rere attacks yellow sl cityadmin the tangent guy turns purple to the cityadmin, he can kill them without further sl penalty.
On the other side, if green sl attacks some other allied green sl, the defender can defend himself without syn loss.

It's a system adaptation that was used in UO, L2, and a couple others. I think it'd be really well here if it's a specific purple rather than global (ie only purple to the person they attacked, to prevent exploitation)

Xiphias
12-11-04, 15:42
All they gotta do is implement a 'purple' phase in pvp, if another player attacks a same ally then they are considered 'purple (aka free pvp)' but it only affects the person they shot.
That way, if tangent rere attacks yellow sl cityadmin the tangent guy turns purple to the cityadmin, he can kill them without further sl penalty.
On the other side, if green sl attacks some other allied green sl, the defender can defend himself without syn loss.

It's a system adaptation that was used in UO, L2, and a couple others. I think it'd be really well here if it's a specific purple rather than global (ie only purple to the person they attacked, to prevent exploitation)

*gets flash backs of lineage2*

NO.
people used to bait people into attacking back, and when they did attack back, then the agressors friends that are standing near then gang ******** them with no penalty.

Dromidas
12-11-04, 18:50
*gets flash backs of lineage2*

NO.
people used to bait people into attacking back, and when they did attack back, then the agressors friends that are standing near then gang ******** them with no penalty.
If you would have read my entire post you would have seen my last sentence, OR my first sentence, which specifically stated that the purple status is ONLY for the person they attacked (not global). I'm well aware that people attempted to bait others in L2, I had a lot of fun killing people who tried to do that to me :P (nothings worse than a lucky AW :lol: )
In such a situation what would happen would be that the person who goes purple on an ally would be attacked by the 'baiter' and his 5 friends, if the purple guy dies, his 5 friends would lose soullight but the person he attacked would not. I know you might say "well what if his 5 friends were doy!" well, then the purple guy woulda been fked anyway huh? :P

Cliffraiser
12-11-04, 18:56
the removal of SL would be Cliffy's heaven