PDA

View Full Version : Video card help

Tostino
10-11-04, 01:21
I just installed the omega drivers and i went from a non stop 90 fps to 15-45. I have a P4 3.0 a gig of kingston ram and a 9800xt. Any help will be very appreciated with the settings.

-=Blinduk=-
10-11-04, 01:27
thats nothing i get 10 fps to 30 :(

QuickFix
10-11-04, 01:30
I just installed the omega drivers and i went from a non stop 90 fps to 15-45. I have a P4 3.0 a gig of kingston ram and a 9800xt. Any help will be very appreciated with the settings.

have you check the advance 3d settings?

there are a couple i changed earlier where i set some of the choices to best performnce instead of best quality.

Tostino
10-11-04, 01:31
I will try that thanks :D

Glok
10-11-04, 01:43
How do you like that 9800XT? I'm getting one for my birthday next month, I have a 9600SE atm (the memory bandwidth crippled one...)

QuickFix
10-11-04, 01:58
as far as the X800 (top model) im not that impressed, althjough i havent played any "new" games yet.

i should be getting doom 3 this weekend so maybe i'll be able to give it a real test

Tostino
10-11-04, 01:59
Its very very good in almost all games. no slow down on doom 3 on full grafx and same with farcry and every other game i have ever tryed. You will love it :)

spongeb0b
10-11-04, 03:36
how much better are the omega drivers to the basic ones? worth me upgrading on my 9600xt?

Tostino
10-11-04, 03:46
ok i set all of the settings to low and now i get 300+ fps in my app and still the 15-25 in plaza 1 :mad:. going back to the old ones now ;)

IceStorm
10-11-04, 04:29
Its very very good in almost all games. no slow down on doom 3 on full grafx and same with farcry Uh, I had a 9800XT. With only x2 FSAA, Doom 3 ran like a slideshow over grated flooring. With a 6800GT, it doesn't.

9800XT is ok, don't get me wrong, but don't pay more than $200~250 for it. 6600GT AGP should arrive soon at that price point and performs as well as, if not better than, the 9800XT.

Original monk
10-11-04, 11:12
as far as the X800 (top model) im not that impressed, althjough i havent played any "new" games yet.

i build a computer 2 weeks ago, the cherry on the pie is an asus eax X800XT/TD ,vivo, 2*vga etc etc the PCI-X version, nomore agp for me :)

i must say that im very impressed with all games i played lately, everything as smooth as it gets on highest resolution all settings wide open: doom3 ultra settings, DoW all open and every possible option included

DAAMN THE DETAIL

it looks so freaking beautifull its amazing lol, im a photographer and i make layouts and graphics etc for work so im kinda in love with images and imagequality :) if this is the case with you then ya really should get one of these cards !

standard/nothing tweaked or anything special i get about 4500mark in 3Dmark 2005 (with the latest 3DMark patches and all) and about the same: 4500 in aquamark ... metal looks like real metal, a mirror like a real mirror, and it can process thousands and thousands of items at the same time on youre screen: large scale vegetation rendering -> in a gigantic forrest with three's and stuff you can see every leaf flow with the wind and every piece of grass on the ground moves gently in a diffrent direction

my previous card was a geforce fx5200 lol (cant get any worse), so the change is immense ! suddenly my amount of kills on BFV, Battlefront and counterstrike skyrocketed lol, before with all setting on lowest with battlefield vietnam (and point of existence) i had mouselag and recoil that it wasnt normal anymore, now with all setting shadows etc etc wide open there's no recoil/mouselag at ALL lol

there are times i really feel like im cheating yust cause of the card lol, everything goes TO smooth

-> with other words im impressed yes :)

if anyone needs more info on the x800xt series go check this article on toms hardware guide: X800XT the X-files (http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/index.html) keep in mind that the strenght of this card lies in its great AA :)

i usually prefer Nvidia cards but the one i needed wasnt available in PCI-X yet :/ thats why i went ATI again and it sure was worth it lol :)

Vithar
10-11-04, 11:19
Thread moved.

V

Tidus_Origin
10-11-04, 12:10
I was thinking of getting a Radeon X800XT gfx card - would that be a good choice to get a decent FPS on NC2 or is there something better?

QuickFix
10-11-04, 12:37
I was thinking of getting a Radeon X800XT gfx card - would that be a good choice to get a decent FPS on NC2 or is there something better?

i just got a rad x800 pro and it is good, but its never gonna be great in a program like NC.

Original monk
10-11-04, 14:01
as quickfix yust said its commonly known that neocron is pretty cpu intensive, the gfxcard doesnt come in to play that much, depending on the card you have now i dont know if you will have much better fps then you had before if ya get yourself a newer card, a decent cpu around the 3000 mhz range wouldnt harm for sure and ya can never have enough ram !

also theres sumthing going on with a memory leak, i dunno wich influence this has tough, its still not that clear to me (the meory leak situation) :)

a x800xt wont hurt with any games tough, yust hurts youre wallet a bit

Tidus_Origin
11-11-04, 13:09
as quickfix yust said its commonly known that neocron is pretty cpu intensive, the gfxcard doesnt come in to play that much, depending on the card you have now i dont know if you will have much better fps then you had before if ya get yourself a newer card, a decent cpu around the 3000 mhz range wouldnt harm for sure and ya can never have enough ram !

also theres sumthing going on with a memory leak, i dunno wich influence this has tough, its still not that clear to me (the meory leak situation) :)

a x800xt wont hurt with any games tough, yust hurts youre wallet a bit

My new PC will be P4 2.8 GHZ and have 512MB RAM, so it'll be a big improvement compared to my old one (Athlon 950MHZ, 256MB RAM, Geforce 2 MX/MX 400 - an OLD gfx card lol). And I'll probably get some (Corsair) 1GB RAM sometime around christmas, which'll help a lot. :D