PDA

View Full Version : I've got the guts to put down my weapon, if you've got the honour to put down yours.

Idola
09-11-04, 23:31
Well, all good things must come to an end sometime.

When I went to make the next payment for my account earlier, I kept stopping myself; making all sorts of excuses to leave it until later ("Hrmm, found an interesting flash game...." being the most common). But then it hit me: I don't want to come back.

Despite only ever getting a single character's main stat to over eighty, I've loved my time here. I've done everything I've wanted to do: Participated in Outpost warfare, both won and lost duels, slaughtered one of every type of mob out there, used almost every item in the game, put an end to flame wars over Trade, started flame wars over Trade....everything I've wanted to do in-game I've achieved in the two years since retail began. I even enjoyed a stint as a Forum Moderator and Faction Counsellor for at least six months; my time in those two occupations REALLY opened my eyes as to how much work goes into the game.

Reakktor are working on Neocron, guys. Yes, they could be faster, yes they could be better; but so could everything else. As far as I'm concerned, they've put together something amazing that, although it won't be enjoyed by everyone, has already smacked a few heads together and cried "think original!".

I'm not leaving due to boredom, dissatisfaction with the game or some half-arsed attempt at "bringing down" Reakktor, I'm simply quitting because I don't want to become bored, dissatisifed or hateful towards the people behind this game.

Twice now I've been banned from the forums. Once for turning into a bitter, spiteful cow and the other for....well, pretty much the same thing. This third time, as Idola? Well....I haven't got the faintest clue how I managed to get away with it for so long.

My account remains inactive and I doubt I'll ever be coming back. No big deal; simply a chance to broaden my horizons and see what else is out there.

Scikar, Seraphian, QuantumDelta, Marx, Nidhogg, Arbiter and all others I've come into contact with; thank you for everything you've done for me in the past, and the friendship you offered. I truly am grateful for what's been done, and I won't forget it anytime soon.

Never thought I'd go out on a positive note, but here I am: Chirpy as chips.

If, for whatever reason, you want to keep in contact with me then my ICQ number is 320-214-024, with my E-Mail address being "StormBastion@hotmail.com".

This is Helen Robinson, former Troll and loyal Neocron player, signing off for good.

Peace.

QuantumDelta
09-11-04, 23:34
You...
Good luck.
I'm glad you came through everythin anyways :p
You know where to find me.

Try some of my new games ;)

Spermy
09-11-04, 23:36
All this time - I thought you were a bloke :eek:

Well - hope it's not too cold out - any time you fancy coming back in from the cold - theres a seat by the neocron campfire

Good luck - have fun and many droms to you. :)

Vithar
09-11-04, 23:37
Good luck, Helen.

Have fun with whatever you decide to do next. I am sure wherever you go, someone will have their hands full. :p

May Crahn bless you on your journey. ;)

In any case, as with all leaving threads. . .

closed.

V