PDA

View Full Version : 160 Page Manual?

QuantumDelta
09-11-04, 21:34
I wonder if a single word of it beyond the installation instructions will be relevant or useful.....

Based on the NC Manual, oppinions?

LOST
09-11-04, 21:38
you know it would be really easy to write 160 pages about nc to give all the useful information that you wished you had recieved as a complete newb.
will any of it be in ? :confused: ?
would be nice to have a new map though. ;) 'dreams'

Glok
09-11-04, 21:42
What? You are writing one QD or ?

edit: OHO! Announcement forum. Let's hope it is at the very minimum current information. Anyone remember the 'spies are skilled at psi use' thing? :)

J. Folsom
09-11-04, 21:44
Nope, the boxed version has a 160 page manual included, see here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=118083):

We are very happy to announce the release date of the German Neocron2 Box. Our distributor gave us the 18th of November as the final release date. So from this day on the Neocron2 box will available in the German stores.

The box will contain 3 CDs and of course a one month free playtime period. But beside that there will be a manual of about 160 pages and a printed map of the Neocron world.

EDIT: Bah, you beat me to it. :p

QuantumDelta
09-11-04, 21:47
I'll never know NC2 anywhere near to the degree I knew NC1.

I could maybe guide people who knew it well enough, to perhaps write a manual in which a newbie would learn how to actually ...do stuff (CST, get missions, etc).

Actual RELEVENT Advice and descriptions of classes and subclasses.

Perhaps a rough weapon guide.

Material posted by lupus in terms of skills.

REAL Skill descriptions.

Updated history.

Faction BackStory.
Faction Current Story.
Faction Leaders.

Introduction into world (Fairly deep storyline-blurb).

Hmm..

Missing stuff.

And yea, after the announcement I think you got my point :p

Sorry :p

craio
09-11-04, 22:25
Well theres a nc2 guide on the website:
But its the german version
link (http://cp.neocron.com/img/content/neocron2_manual_ger_pdf.zip)
its 3.7mb pdf and 154pages long with pictures.

The history on that site goes up to 2750 , the guide on the other hand goes up to 2755 and spends 8 pages on those 5 years, when could a translation be expected?

edit: sponsored by Alienware??

BlackDove
09-11-04, 22:48
I wonder if a single word of it beyond the installation instructions will be relevant or useful.....

Based on the NC Manual, oppinions?

Fuck no. It's the invisible pissing contest between all MMORPG's on who's going to have the longest manual. I think you get some dipshit award for trying to make your game look complex by the amount of pages there are in the manual.

Glok
09-11-04, 22:50
I think you get some dipshit award for trying to make your game look complex by the amount of pages there are in the manual.Neocron is pretty complex though. One newbie during beta for NC2 put it like 'Neocron doesn't have a learning curve, it has a learning cliff face'... :p

BlackDove
09-11-04, 22:58
Takes time to learn it in-depth, but the whole playability thing is pretty straightforward.

You've got your skills thing that you know from RPG's

You got your FPS interface you know from FPS' you've played.

That's pretty much it. The shit you have to learn are damage values, and the whole concept of PvP-PvM, and tradeskills. Aside from that and Geometry/Factions which usually take a selective time to learn (in every game), NC isn't all that tough to break.

Bushid0
10-11-04, 00:32
Neocron is pretty complex though. One newbie during beta for NC2 put it like 'Neocron doesn't have a learning curve, it has a learning cliff face'... :p
its strange, but i found NC the easiest games to learn in my MMORPG history.

as for the old manual, well there was some inaccurate info, however i found it quite useful, like info on factions, and then history was cool to read

Dribble Joy
10-11-04, 01:58
The old manual was good, but totally inaccurate on many points :p.

Birkoff
10-11-04, 03:37
Hopefully the things the manual says are relevent and true when the game goes retail.

jernau
10-11-04, 23:33
Any news on when we can get a digital version of the map and the manual in English?

I too am curious what it says now and I'd like to read it before it's as up-to-date as the NC1 manual is.

Personally I didn't think NC had much of a learning curve in terms of general concepts. Learning all the bugs and the best workarounds was another matter entirely.

sponsored by Alienware??
eh?

Tratos
10-11-04, 23:46
eh?

on the inside of the back cover theres a picture of some OP somwhere with a AlienWare laptop advert thingy with "Best Played On AlienWare" stuck over it, also the english manuel will be in December supposedly.