PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 - 2 Days To Go

Tratos
09-11-04, 19:16
:D

Well then, not long now, im really looking forward to this fucking game, lol it is indeed going to be the win imo, multiplayer looks like its gonna be so much better than the original i think i may have to get Xbox live :p

im suprised a thread like this aint appeared, anyone looking forward to it? i know i am

Xian
09-11-04, 19:26
I may end up bowing out and finally buying an XBox, just to play this game. It's the one FPS that appeals to me quite a bit despite it being on a console, which I find rather strange - but I'm not complaining. :D

Xeno LARD
09-11-04, 21:01
I may end up bowing out and finally buying an XBox, just to play this game. It's the one FPS that appeals to me quite a bit despite it being on a console, which I find rather strange - but I'm not complaining. :D

Umm, get the PC version? HALO1 was on PC, Not sure about 2 though.

QuantumDelta
09-11-04, 21:32
Halo 2 will most likely see a release on PC.

Played it back in sept.

Sucked as bad as the first one >.>

And vehicals are still crappy to control.

joran420
09-11-04, 21:57
screw halo!!! Everquest 2 ftw :p(j/k)

nobby
09-11-04, 22:28
the reason why people havnt been making threads about this bloody game because the first one was poo, poo storyline, poo gameplay.
we all are waiting for the over-a-year-delayed....................HALF LIFE 2! :p :p :p OOOoooo Teh Sex!

Spermy
09-11-04, 22:41
Sorry dude - but gameswise - all ur taste is in ur mouth.

Opar
09-11-04, 23:37
im suprised a thread like this aint appeared, anyone looking forward to it?

You realise
Neocron = Pc Game
Pc Games are played by PC Gamers
PC Gamers no likey Halo 2
Half Life 2 >= Far Cry > Doom 3 > Halo 2

Halo 2 < all.

If I wasn't banned from IGN, and flame the Halo 2 board to death.

QuantumDelta
09-11-04, 23:44
I ain't sure if I signed up for the IGN boards or not.

btw, I felt farcry was .....Shallow.
Beautiful, but Shallow.

Tratos
10-11-04, 01:03
You realise
Neocron = Pc Game
Pc Games are played by PC Gamers
PC Gamers no likey Halo 2
Half Life 2 >= Far Cry > Doom 3 > Halo 2

Halo 2 < all.

If I wasn't banned from IGN, and flame the Halo 2 board to death.

Then why do alot of this PC Game Community, like GTA SA :o

in my opinion the original Halo was a great game and the second looks to be even better.

meh -shrugs-

hinch
10-11-04, 01:15
halo was superb addictive and more to the point immensly easy to just pickup and play unlike 99% of other console shooters out there who are inately hard to control and get into.

halo 2 > *

as for farcry..... not impressed though i really like cryvision and the sniper rifler.

and dawn of war is too short :)

MasterBee
10-11-04, 01:25

in my opinion the original Halo was a great game and the second looks to be even better.

meh -shrugs-

Because GTA was a PC game originally, and thats when it was best... People stick with brand names :p
I agree with others: Halo was poopoo... And not THE poopoo... just regular poopoo

StrongSad
10-11-04, 07:16
Well I am about 5 hours into it. Gotta say the SP tops Halo 1's. The level deisgn is amazing. I love the creativity. People who says SP is tasteless are in for a surprise. I wont give away the plot, but it is VERY GOOD so far. The cutscenes dont get in the way, but rather makes me want to keep playing.

The new vehicle destruction physics are awsome. I was lauging for 10 minutes straight while looking at my downright BUSTED ghost. She saw a lot of action (5 check points worth :D), but held together. It adds some great dynamics to the game. Not to mention, jumping on top of a covenant tank, breaking open the hatch and tossing in a grenade never gets old. Thats right, you have to jump on, melee open a hatch (press B), and then throw a nade in (trigger). Me and my friend were both riding the tank in co-op trying to take it down. SO much fun :D

My only problem was the graphics. So some reason on my HD tv it looked like craaaaaap. I have the HD hook-ups for 480p, but it DEFINETLY wasnt coming through in 480p. Not sure why. I popped in Halo1, and it looked much better.

Anyway, go play Halo2 and enjoy yourself.

trigger hurt
10-11-04, 07:40
As long as there is only the Covenant and no Flood, I'll be perfectly happy not having the piss scared out of me.

Opar
10-11-04, 09:51

meh -shrugs-

Because GTA isn't shit?

Tidus_Origin
10-11-04, 12:13
Only.....13 hours to go now, people!! (posted @ 10:10am GMT on Nov. 10th)

I preordered it, so I'm gonna go down to GAME in the morning and grab the game - the Special Edition, no less :D

halo was superb addictive and more to the point immensly easy to just pickup and play unlike 99% of other console shooters out there who are inately hard to control and get into.

Exactly. And its the only game I've played which has kept me playing it over 16 months after its release :)

Tratos
10-11-04, 14:43
Because GTA isn't shit?So this is a PC Gaming community.....but we play console games that are good, you play shit PC games?

its not the type of community, its the decentness of the game and imo Halo 2 is going to be a good game judging by the first.

So the "This Is a PC Gaming Community" is a bit pointless, tbh.

Also if you reply to this saying GTA is a PC game, the new one isnt at the minute and "PC Gamers" are still playing it on their PS2s.

Spermy
10-11-04, 15:06
Okay - my two cents - Halo 2 on XBOX? Shit.

Purely down to the fact that I'm used to aiming and moving using a PC. Give me a control pad - and I'll sit and cry. I wouldn't waste my money on an XBOX and halo 2 purely because I wouldn't enjoy it.

HOWEVER if it came out on PC - I'd def buy it.

If it doesn;t meh - my loss. no biggy. :)

Xian
10-11-04, 15:11
I normally dislike anything without a mouse and keyboard if it's an FPS, but I've always liked Halo's control system on the pad, despite it being an XBox one.

Spermy
10-11-04, 15:16
I just can't hold the bastard! :lol:

Tratos
10-11-04, 16:42
I just can't hold the bastard! :lol:

Controler S = Win

OpTi
10-11-04, 16:58
i just phoned up work and told em to make sure they hold me a copy of the collecters edition. My boss said it's already taken care of :P

FatDogg
10-11-04, 16:59
its a very very sexy game

Opar
10-11-04, 18:23
So this is a PC Gaming community.....but we play console games that are good, you play shit PC games?

its not the type of community, its the decentness of the game and imo Halo 2 is going to be a good game judging by the first.

So the "This Is a PC Gaming Community" is a bit pointless, tbh.

Also if you reply to this saying GTA is a PC game, the new one isnt at the minute and "PC Gamers" are still playing it on their PS2s.

You lost me there. Ah well. Fair enough.

Console FPS = very poor ***IMO***
PC FPS = very good

Nuff said?

Xeno LARD
10-11-04, 18:28
Halo one was good, but it just got repetitive at times. Im thinking about re installing it. :|

Opar
10-11-04, 18:36
Another thing about Halo 1, when you play a normal pc fps, then play Halo, the view seems very zoomed-in.

nobby
10-11-04, 20:30
true opar, look sorry guys...i just thought the simgle player was poo...but since i started playing it online on da PC...wooo!
god i seem to be the one and only...best!

Plight
10-11-04, 20:43
I preordered halo 2 a couple months ago. Only to have outpost.com email me sayig it was backordered so my shipment would be delayed last week :o .
So i planned on going to rent it until mine came. So i go to blockbuster and pick it up, come home only to find my preordered copy in the hands of a fedex guy by my door to my apartment :D .

So i danced a little...

The game itself plays exactly like the first. Except for no health bar and dual weilding weapons. Can also jump a bit higher.

The AI seems to have been dumbed down a bit, as they seem to just sit in one spot while i unload dual needlers into their ass sometimes. Though this may be because i was playing on normal just to get a feel for the game, will prolly switch to heroic soon.

The new and improved graphics are 10x sexier. Well, maybe not that much improved, but still its very noticable. Alot of the enemy models got tweaked a bit and look a bit better.

but ive noticed bungie stuck with their formula for single player campaigns. Theres one situation which im at now that is just as frustrating (if not more so) than the flood.

Opar
10-11-04, 21:25
The flood was hilarious. It was like 'Half Lifes critters - the ones that didnt make it'. Fun.

shodanjr_gr
10-11-04, 22:46
Im getting it tomorrow. Probably the collectors edition :)

Tidus_Origin
11-11-04, 10:52
Just bought the collectors edition from GAME about half an hour ago :D

hinch
11-11-04, 14:30
plasma sword = teh win

straight in on legendary fk the easier levels.
FUCKING HARD

ok doom 3 on nightmare is easy compared to this on legendary :)

and fk the controller S the old school huge one is teh win the S is too small.

nobby
11-11-04, 14:59
i just bunked out of school to go to game and buy it.....a few more hours and ill be home :p :p :p OOOooo sex me!

Shadowbreed
11-11-04, 15:02
Hmm í'm expecting an XBOX plus halo2 to be delivered today :)

hinch
11-11-04, 16:09
its ok i got 2 xbox's and 2 copies of the LE versoin of the game me and friend are gonna complete it on co-op on his xbox tonight then rush into xbox live.

i read a review some where stating its "only" 15 hours of game play for campaign

so guessing on the halo 1 time line we should complete it in a little over 5 hours

shodanjr_gr
11-11-04, 19:53
Okie...i bought teh collectors thingie as well :) Love the box.

Anywayz, first impressions. A class gfx. Not much compared to the gfx a high end PC can produce but it is as good as consoles can go i recon. VERY FAST loading times, it feels as if the game works of the HDD completely. A minor but annoying bug with the way the game changes level of detail on the models (this one is particularly noticable in cutscenes). I do believe that my TV does not give much credit to the games gfx though (a shaby 14" one). I started playing it on the 3rd difficulty level. It was fkcing HARD. I dont wana know what legendary is like at all. Problem is that i switched to the second difficulty level, and it is TOO EASY now...The guys at Bungie should learn to scale the difficulty. Sound is good. Controlling is as we all know it. Gun akimbo is a novelty (although i dont really use it much so far). Gameplay is well...Halo-ish.

And something very important. Very stable frame rates so far (IN YOUR FACE KILLZONE!!).

All in all. Very good. But not excellent. It has this "been-there-done-that" feeling for all those who got the first halo game. But still its really worth it to buy.

StrongSad
11-11-04, 21:11
this doesnt give anything away, but you do encounter flood....and they are much more deadly/freaky. But no worries. Just duel wield a magnum/smg. Spray the little heacrab ones and pop a few magnum rounds into the zombie's heads. No sweat :D

And to all the critics of its play length. I am about 11 hours into it and I see about 4 more, maybe. It is NOT shorter than the first, if anything it is longer. Plus, the repetition existing in the first is virtually non-existant.

phunqe
11-11-04, 21:18
HL2 > Halo2 tbh :p :angel:

shodanjr_gr
11-11-04, 22:37
We will see about that in 7 days and a few hours :P

But i would probably say so as well. Halo 2 is just a very good shooter. HL2 will be revolutionary (or so we hope/the hype says).

[TgR]KILLER
11-11-04, 22:54
disregarding of all other posts ( that i din't read :p ) i was following HALO 1 at first.. i bought ONI ages back ( game that got released before HALO 1 ) i was following bungie back then and halo looked cool.. oni looked cool so i bought it. was going to buy halo to.. untill microsoft stepped in and bought bungie out.. and brought the game to Xbox.. i downloaded halo 1 ages ago but found it totaly fucked up gameplay wise lol. played it on xbox to at least there it works but on the pc its screwed now.. blaim MS.

hinch
12-11-04, 12:29
9 hours 27 minutes

halo 2 complete on legendary

fuck me that was hard :) gotta love the plasma sword

not a fan of being arbiter though :( mc > *

and its made my hog jumping kinda fucked up now cos the hogs keep getting wasted.

but still superb :)

as for difficulty its the same with all games you play on the hardest lvl and then the easier ones are a piece of piss wheras if you start at the easiest one then it seems hard.

nobby
12-11-04, 12:52
god i love the game!
RAR!

hinch
12-11-04, 12:56
see other post about halo 2 in 2 days i got it and completed it last night :) its xbl from now on for me :)

easiest way to kill everything :) plasma sword :)

Saza
12-11-04, 12:58
I played Halo for a day, and hated it. Seriously I don't think it deserved a score above 50% in any of the magazines, but they praised it like there was no tomorrow. Don't really see what the big fuss is about. Now Half Life 2: that is a game that intrests me. It'll probably still be a let down, but mark my words, Halo 2 will be nothing on it.

Oh, and of course DoW is short! It's a strategy. Its multiplayer or nothing.

hinch
12-11-04, 13:02
saza you really need to get your issues sorted out h1 was fucking superb but what you need todo to really appreciate it is read all the background stories and get involved in teh community that when you realise halo is more than just the game.

besides hl2 wont sell a patch on h2's figures infact doom 3 to date hasnt even sold as many copies as h2 sold in america alone in 24h

h2 will be the biggest selling game of all time

Tyr
12-11-04, 13:02
Threads merged.

shodanjr_gr
12-11-04, 13:05
Indeed. I believe that Halo 2 sold 1.4 million copies in the US of A on the first day!!! Thats A LOT of games i reckon.

Saza
12-11-04, 13:41
:wtf:

I seriously can't believe you think that the sequel to a game that has, for the past 6+ years been widely acknowledged at the BEST FPS ever (still dont think it is correct personally, but that's the general opinion) is gonna sell less than a game that is at best - just another decent FPS. Half Life was the game to beat in ANY genre, it revolutionised the world. Would we have all the script kiddies and UBAR PKARS were it not for CS? 1337 would have never been developed. Would people think "what would Gordon do in this situation?" were it not for his battles against the marines and the zombie-like head crabs?

Half Life was a revolution. Half Life 2 will be even more so.

Halo just took the best things from games that have done it all before, and, in my opinion, they even managed to screw that up.

hinch
12-11-04, 13:50
ok

half life has sold an estimated 12 million copies in 6 years

halo 1 has sold an estimated 6 million copies in 2 years

halo 2 sold 2.4 million copies in the US alone on launch day alone it made $125million in 24 hours in the US ALONE that makes it higher grossing than the biggest blockbuster film the closest i think was harry potter and that clocked up 110 million in the first weekend (3 days)

halo 2 will out sell half life 1 within a year and half life 2 i do believe wont even come close to those numbers. having played with the source engine its not actually as clever as people say i still have hl2 on pre-order ofc but i dont believe its storyline or game expansion can compare to halo 2

think of hl2 as termintor series of films very very successful and lots of replayability but no expanded universe to compete with.

think of halo 2 as starwars again very very successful but this time with a huge expanded universe.

and when you consider that halo 2 is xbox only the numbers of purchase's its racked up are staggering.

Opar
12-11-04, 19:56
ok

half life has sold an estimated 12 million copies in 6 years

halo 1 has sold an estimated 6 million copies in 2 years

halo 2 sold 2.4 million copies in the US alone on launch day alone it made $125million in 24 hours in the US ALONE that makes it higher grossing than the biggest blockbuster film the closest i think was harry potter and that clocked up 110 million in the first weekend (3 days)

halo 2 will out sell half life 1 within a year and half life 2 i do believe wont even come close to those numbers.

Oh dear, Half Life 2 wont sell as many copies as Halo 2? Thus meaning Halo 2 is a supremely better game? [ edited ]
Lets look at the number of estimated XBox sales at the end of 2003

North America - 8.6 million
Japan/Asia - 1.4 million
Europe - 3.7 million

Total - 13.7 million.

13,700,000 XBoxes sold. 11 months have passed since then. How many more have been sold? 4 million? 5? 6? 7 million?

Compare that number, to the number of computers that can meet the minimum specs of HL2. You KNOW XBox will come out on top. Because its cheap. Anyway. Compare the 13.7mill - 20 mill of XBoxs, to the PCs in that can meet the RECOMMENDED specs of Half Life 2. Its a piss take.

Console games will always outsell PC Games, because it can be expensive running/upgrading a PC. So don't compare two games by how many fucking copies they shift. [ edited ]

think of halo 2 as starwars

Okay, so, if Halo 2 = Star Wars, then.... Halo 2 = majorly over-advertised, piss poor, cash cow?

Sounds about fucking right.

think of hl2 as termintor series of films very very successful and lots of replayability but no expanded universe to compete with

But it has mods. Half Life 2 will be played for so many more years than Halo 2 will even dream about, its insane. The Half Life community still consists of tens of thousands of people, 95% of whom will be playing Half Life 2. Its fucking insane. Half Life HAS an expanded universe. Only Valve dont make it. The community do.

Gunner_turret
12-11-04, 20:11
Im getting halo 2 because its one of the best games out, Halo 2 isnt crap, its great, to us xbox players, also im getting HL2 because it also kicks ass, but i think halo 2 is still better because its online and i can lie on my bed while playing the game because im a lazy bastar..., im a lil worryed about HL2 because both companys are suing each other,

Halo 2 rules the xbox!

Half-Life 2 will rule the PC

But they made a "Mod maker" for halo 1 like Hammer editor for HL its like:
"Halo 2 has a conspircy for taking over half-life" lol

Opar
12-11-04, 21:21
Im getting halo 2 because its one of the best games out, Halo 2 isnt crap, its great, to us xbox players, also im getting HL2 because it also kicks ass, but i think halo 2 is still better because its online and i can lie on my bed while playing the game because im a lazy bastar...,

Half Life 2 ships with CS : Source, and Day of Defeat: Source depending on which package you buy. Thats all the online you should need.

Buy a cordless mouse and keyboard if your that lazy ;)

shodanjr_gr
12-11-04, 23:18
What you are doing is kinda stupid. Comparing Halo 2 to Half life 2. Halo is the definition of console First Person Shooting games. It is also the game that pioneers the console gfx sector as well. Half Life does the same thing, only on PC. Its not fair to compare PC with XBOX. The PC will always win due to better gfx (especially in high end systems), better controls, better modability. But in their respective sector, each game is king.

BTW, im getting BOTH :)

40$Poser
12-11-04, 23:34
Halo 2 is quite better than the original, worth the wait. Fun as hell, very good game all around.

Gunner_turret
13-11-04, 02:22
Everyone who thinks the PC is better than the xbox cllick here (http://www.nvidia.com/page/console.html)
It makes PCs look crap... (*loves his xbox more than ever*)

Opar
13-11-04, 14:27
Everyone who thinks the PC is better than the xbox cllick here (http://www.nvidia.com/page/console.html)
It makes PCs look crap... (*loves his xbox more than ever*)

Seriously man, PLEASE tell me your joking. 'XGPU', lol. Doesnt the XBox have the equivalent of a GeForce 3 inside it? Holy shit, thats super! I would say an XBox has the same technology inside, as a top of the range PC did, 3 or 4 years ago.

Also, if you drop an XBox controller from a 3 story building, you can kill someone. If you drop an XBox console from a 100 storey building, you can crush someones skull.

hinch
13-11-04, 14:37
[ edited ] the better games also usually sell most just like the better films sell most.

simple fact of life [ edited ]

just because you wernt good enough to complete halo 1 doesnt mean halo 2 is a bad game i do suggest you go play the thing first then comment.

for the record also halo 2 cost me £44.33 cos its the special edition
and my copy of hl2 has cost me £80 via steam (its the one with all the extras including HL source)

your such a blind hl2 fanboi you cant see that there is life outside of it.

also for the record i am a much bigger hl and s fan than i am halo 2 it comes from being a pro cs player for many years.
as for defending a game just because i bought it dont make me laugh

[ edited ]

Akasha
13-11-04, 14:50
its xbl from now on for me :)

Damn right too!

We had an all night session on xbl last night, fuck me im knackered!

~A~

Opar
13-11-04, 17:08
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Neocron is better than Star Wars Galaxies, and 90% of the other MMORPGs on the market, does it sell more? No.

I completed Halo 1, I found too, well... shit. Zoomed in view. Huge crosshair. Auto-aiming.

Im not a Half Life 2 fanboy. Dude, I posted a big ass flame on the IGN forums about HL2 fanboys, ask Clownst0pper.

[ edited ]

Mr_Snow
13-11-04, 18:09
[ edited ]

Opar
13-11-04, 18:10
[ edited ]

shodanjr_gr
13-11-04, 18:47
Neocron is better than Star Wars Galaxies, and 90% of the other MMORPGs on the market, does it sell more? No.

Neocron aint better than SWG. Neocron is different that SWG. Neocron<SWG in all sectors (bugs, gfx, support etc etc). The only sector you cant compare the two games is game play, since SWG is point & click and NC is sorta-fps.

Opar
13-11-04, 18:51
[ edited ]

Oh, and by the way, SWG would own NC in all the said areas, as, incase you havent noticed, SWG has had millions pumped into it, and is part of one of the biggest franchises in the world....

Clownst0pper
13-11-04, 18:59
Halo 2 will not beat Half Life 2.

It has IMHO took too little time to make, and it will copy the original format..

The fact that the main character has about as emotion and feeling is what makes Halo 2 just a shooter.

Sure it might look amazing, have good ai, nice multiplayer, but it still counts on corridors and a tried format a hell of a lot.

It also doesnt make the user feel intergrated like in half life 2.

As Edge has rated Half Life 2, 10. :D

shodanjr_gr
13-11-04, 20:12
[ edited ]

Oh, and by the way, SWG would own NC in all the said areas, as, incase you havent noticed, SWG has had millions pumped into it, and is part of one of the biggest franchises in the world....

NC>Forbiden_Massive_Krack only gameplay wise. In all other areas Forbiden_Massive_Krack>NC

I dont care why SWG>NC. The end result is all that matters. Especially since KK asks for the same amount of cash for NC2 that SOE asks for SWG.

Opar
13-11-04, 20:32
Fine then. Far Cry > Doom 3. Doom 3 has shifted more copies. WHoop de fucking do.

Expired topic.

Bottom line, FPSs on consoles < FPSs on PCs.

Plight
13-11-04, 23:12
Bottom line, FPSs on consoles < FPSs on PCs.

most close minded statement of the decade

Saza
14-11-04, 00:09
most close minded statement of the decade
And the most true.

Opar
14-11-04, 00:47
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6112889/index.html

Im not a fanboy.

QuantumDelta
14-11-04, 01:12
Opar:

No one dispised HL more than I.

It's overrated, and terribly poor.
I was impressed, only by it's modability.

However, I cannot argue that HL2, will probably be, the game of the decade.

Probably be, the game, that changes everything.

From what I've heard, it's a completely different experience.

Though everything that's been said about it so far reminds me of FreeSpace in terms of it's storytelling.

Opar
14-11-04, 01:36
I completely agree QD.

The original Half Life was bad. It was very bad. It didn't deserve half of the Game of the Year awards it recieved. Even Quake 2 kicked it into touch IMO. BUt theres something about Half Life 2. Like an auro, its untochable.

And the way Gaming magazines review it, I dont think ANY magazine has reviewed it below 95% (don't hold me to that).

Far Cry showed the potential of next-gen games. Doom 3 broke the ice. Half Life 2 looks to be the full-on thing. Valve and VU predict 13 million sales inside 3 years. Half Life 2 is the next step in gaming. And I predict (unless Stalker (which seems to have gone all quiet) or F.E.A.R can pull of something incredible), that Half Life 2 will be the benchmark for years to come.

QuantumDelta
14-11-04, 02:02
Little off but ok.

Farcry;
Tried and tested techniques to show off graphics, no real gameplay.

Doom3;
Decent Gameplay, but samey, ok storyline, bit overused but hey, experimenting in shadowing and other things.

HL2;
Uses proven technology and some new technologies, basically maximising what works before moving out into other turf, doesn't quite have the same power and variability of the Doom engine in terms of graphics, but in terms of actual ingame content -- that's what the game has been praised on.

Tratos
14-11-04, 03:25
Ok then, how about we....

Get Back On Fucking Topic

Been playing Halo2 for a bit now and im really enjoying the storyline, playing the arbiter aint to good imo but its fun to see things from a different angle, and vehicles :D oh em ef gee, there fun, lol tricks in banshee = WIN

QuantumDelta
14-11-04, 04:10
Edited.
Nevermind.
Ugh Delete this please.

shodanjr_gr
14-11-04, 04:31
Boarding enemy vehicles > All

I really loved the point when MC hops on that Prophets grav-chair-thingie and beats the living shiteh out of him!!

Tratos
14-11-04, 13:48
Boarding enemy vehicles > All

I really loved the point when MC hops on that Prophets grav-chair-thingie and beats the living shiteh out of him!!

rofl really liked that bit also :p just finished it on Normal, i may have to venture over to legendary.

shodanjr_gr
14-11-04, 23:08
I just finished it on normal. OMFG that has to be the crappiest cliffhanger ending ive ever seen in a game...i feel kinda crap atm...and its still another 2 weeks till my dsl is installed so that i can play on XBL.

hinch
15-11-04, 01:32
gimmeh your xbl tags so i can spank your asses ta

http://www.furious-angels.com/showthread.php?p=38449#post38449

Arbiter
15-11-04, 22:31
Been playing Halo2 for a bit now and im really enjoying the storyline, playing the arbiter aint to good imo but its fun to see things from a different angle, and vehicles :D oh em ef gee, there fun, lol tricks in banshee = WIN

What is all this about being / playing me? :confused:

;)

r3yka
16-11-04, 02:48
:confused: how can people say halo 1 or 2 is shit..
obviously uve never had 16 ppl at ur m8s house with 4 TV's and played link up.
its the sexiest game ever.
halo 1 has alot of memories.i played that game so much it was so funny owning everyone on halo 2 online.
ull see me and my m8s clan in xbox live if u go it(halo 2)
best game on xbox.(personally)
halo 2 is fucking great tbh

Terayon
16-11-04, 08:53
time splitters 2 > halo 2
halo 2 had to much hype.

Opar
16-11-04, 09:48

Split-screen, ewwww.

garyu69
16-11-04, 13:46
:confused: how can people say halo 1 or 2 is shit..I though Halo 1 was just an over rated fps which was trying to be like half life. Never thought it was ground breaking or anything like that at all.
It was just another normal run of the mill console FPS.

Siygess
16-11-04, 14:05
Eh, I'm not so sure about that - on the X-Box, Halo 1 was pretty cool, but that was (for me) because it had a fun co-op mode. Certain shortcomings in the game can be glossed over when you are driving around in a Warthog with your friend manning the '50. Some of the guys at Bungie should die painful and horrible deaths for not including co-op on the PC version though :D

I suppose console games are as much about the social experience as they are about the game, because PC games are often impersonal affairs, even at some LAN parties. Many of my fond gaming memories are from consoles (4 player Basketball on the Mega Drive, 4 player Micromachines on the PS, hours and hours and hours playing 2-player Virtua Cop 2 on my friends Saturn).. so I doubt that Halo 2 will fail to be a great console game. If and when it gets ported to the PC, however, much of it's charm will have been stripped away and we will see it for the shallow game it is.

Tratos
16-11-04, 19:05
What is all this about being / playing me? :confused:

;)

i thought you might say somthing like that :p

Tidus_Origin
18-11-04, 11:44
:confused: how can people say halo 1 or 2 is shit..
its the sexiest game ever.

At college, we persuaded the head of IT to get 2 Xboxes and link them up on a couple of projector screens in one of the lecture halls and play 8-player Halo 1...was t3h win :D (although 16 players/Halo2 would've been better, lol, but this was back before Halo2 was released :( )