PDA

View Full Version : Is Hacknet worthwhile?

Spikadelia
09-11-04, 18:40
Well I'm back playing NC2 after a month away. How is Hacknet? I didn't have any time to explore it after the NC2 transfer and I see lots of conflicting veiws on it. Is it still bugged to pieces with insane damage from low level MoBs etc etc and lots of screwed up Databases? I'm just wary of spending all my painfully LoMed points into another borked profession. (I was a capped droner b4 :( )

As for distributing points I'm thinking of making a pure Hacknet Whore, dumping all INT into HCK, then splitting DEX into TC and enough AGL to get around at speed backed up with ATH, high X-Ray and Energy Resists in CON.

Any up to date opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'm cautious about wasting many playing hours if Hacknet is still a mess. Thanks. ;)

BlackDove
09-11-04, 18:43
GET OUT. GET OUT NOW!

Hacknet sucks. Unless they boost it, it can stay dead as far as I care.

Chess -
09-11-04, 18:43
Sexnet > Hacknet

Crest
09-11-04, 19:03
hacknet is cool at first glance and has potential

I once heard of a story , a plan a vision where

A friend DM's you a hacker , Lock J15_102 is locked and we need to get in, please assist. Hacker moves through a series of screens and eventually gets to the NC Locks DB, goes in and hacks the DB..... (This was supposed to be text based, so the new screens are cool). And the friend and move on....

OR
MR Hacker, I need to GR to XYZ please assist ...
MR Hacker goes in and after 2 mins of hard hacking opens the GR for 2 mins....

This make hacking a skill and not incidental to leveling....
Hacking should be treasured like Construction ... My vision is when someone says who is the best trade skillers, hacking is one of the amongst them

Here is another place for hacking .... You die and you get given a hacking reference, DM buddy and say ... hacking ref is XYZ ... He can then take over the computers mindless counter measures for the hack while you can get your belt back

Spikadelia
09-11-04, 19:22
Okay so it looks like Hacknet is sKKrewed then?

Damn.... just when I thought there might be a new exciting dimension to the gameplay.

BlackDove
09-11-04, 19:24
You might want to keep that specific character as a capped Hacknetter. Comes in handy for the third layer.

However - aside from that, it's just......UGH.

Crest
09-11-04, 19:55
You might want to keep that specific character as a capped Hacknetter. Comes in handy for the third layer.

However - aside from that, it's just......UGH.

Capped spy with 140 hacking and yet to find something that hard to hack.... I havent hacked third layer for a while though (Since NC1)

BlackDove
09-11-04, 20:07
EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH

For fighting people in hacknet. When you hack op's you are warped to hacknet, and need to activate a terminal in there. This gives the defenders a chance to defend in hacknet - therefore having a capped hacker gives you the chance to obliterate the defenders (same goes in a reversed situation).