PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Should there be opening animations for looting/using?

Heavyporker
09-11-04, 18:13
As question states.

As in when you hack a warbot, the center panel pops open and you see the pilot compartment with the rattling skeleton of a dead pilot... and the shattered remains of an expensive weapon.

Or a hoverbomber, and as you finish hacking it, the engine compartment cranks open to show the electronic brain fizzling and red lights slowly dimming as power drains.... And the banks of energy generator motors right behind it...

Or when you use a cabinet, the door/panel rolls up or swings out or folds aside..

The top would flip up on the rotten boxes, trashcans, and shit.

This'd put immense depth into the game.

Morganth
09-11-04, 18:22
I think this would be a nice touch to the game, however it would be a serious problem if it caused you to lag slightly, or if it caused more things to be loaded into your cache as that would also decrease FPS.

However if the quality of play didn't change at all, I think it would be a very nice touch that would make the game more realistic.

greendonkeyuk
09-11-04, 18:32
tbh in a perfect world id love to see all of this. however practicalitys are different, a simple touch which might be nice would be for the person who gets the loot to do kneel and have some sort of emote while he is looting. At least that way you wouldnt get any of that bs about loot stealers as everyone would know EXACTLY who looted the mob.

StealthyAssassi
09-11-04, 18:32
I dont think this could be implemented, because your post suggests that you would dynamically see whats inside (ie: warbot - tech part)

Heavyporker
09-11-04, 18:33
Oh, not necessarily dynamically, of course.

Just a handgun strapped to the skeleton's uniform to show WHERE the techparts could be coming from.