PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a GeneTank.

Idola
09-11-04, 17:01
Enclosed is a set-up for a Heavy Weapons GeneTank. I'm wondering if any of you could help me refine it a little? I'm forsaking drugs and the "special" implants such as the M.O.V.E.O.N, etc...as I see them more of a bonus rather than a requirement. Other than that, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. :p

The character will, primarily, be PvM but at a high level I'll be taking out the Law Enforcer and dipping my toes into PvP.

Thanks in advance.

Anna
09-11-04, 17:05
well, for starters, if youll be doing pvp, theyre not a bonus, but a requirement

Kiel
09-11-04, 17:13
Inquisition Boots will boost your fire defense

H-C combat eye? oh thats right, there ISNT ONE!

Youve got alot of psi use for a tank, remember tanks only use crap spells so use could drop that. Ive got 85 weplore and 10 psi i think. Im still not sure wat the best psi setup for tanks is.

Take out your bones that arent batqueen and put in antigamma ones, then u can put some of the xray con into poison

try grabbing yourself a herc

EDIT: Yeah i agree with anna. All i need is the pp resister chip and moveon then im ready for pvp, not gonna start until. Really are a must imo

greendonkeyuk
09-11-04, 17:22
what anna said, added to that pvp and pvm are totally different in that you dont NEED anything for pvm (except a gun of course) whereas for pvp every single point counts. Levelling a tank is good fun as you can go in a group or you can go solo. Tanks take a beating and smile about it after as its all goin into that lovely stat marked con. My best advice is leave the le in and fiddle about with your setup. Regards to int hc tanks need nearly all of their int into wep lore to help aiming (my m8 used to spec a little hack on his hc tank to hunt solo warbots but gave it up as it left him with a naff aim). some psu is good for the extra rof on your heal, it might be shit but guaranteed it will save your ass at some point.

Regards to strength (most) pvp tanks ive spoken to dump all available points into hc, some may spec resist force to avoid getting chewed up by lib pes (only seen one of note tbh on terra and hes allied faction to me - next). Dex - my tank specs recycle to clone off my own ammo and medkits (allows me to stay longer in the field) but ive seen tonnes of tanks spec recycle and driving as well so as to drive and gun the reveller, makes for supreme levelling im told. Con setup, the all important one, i heard a quote on this forum once, i forget who it was by but it basically said your con setup is like youre personality, individual to you. Therefore tweak yours and see how you get on. It goes without saying that for firemobs you need fire resist and warbots you need nrg/xray etc but pvp is a whole different ball game, a different sport even if you read the ups thread further down. but anyway, i digress, i couldnt read the screens you posted im afraid so cant comment directly on what youve put in for your values etc on the skills but hopefully ive given you some pointers and some advice.

The best final piece of advice i can give is just have fun experimenting. if you find youre getting beat down a lot then go back to the drawing board.

good luck

naimex
09-11-04, 17:57
Inquisition Boots will boost your fire defense

or atleast just heavy duranium boots..

heavy battleboots is way too low lvl for a tank ;)

StryfeX
09-11-04, 18:06
INT: Drop a lot of PSU in favor of WEP. Your aim will be naff all if you don't, even on things like the Ravager or the Storm Lasercannon.

STR: Looks fine.

DEX: Good for pure PvP. If you are planning to do PvM mostly, I'd advise getting some REC in there. I beleive 47 is the highest you'll need, and that's for Rayngun Cannon ammo.

PSI: If you drop some PSU, you're going to need to invest in some PPW to make up for the loss if PSI Energy.

CON: Your HP seems a bit low, but other than that it's a fairly balanced CON setup.

Armor: One of the most balanced armor setups for a tank is INQ 4 Helm, PA3, Medium Energyfield Belt, INQ 4 Pants, Heavy Duranium Boots. Whatever setup you choose, use either Heavy INQ Boots or Heavy Duranium Boots. They both give more armor points than Heavy Battle Boots.

Implants: I'd *strongly* recommend getting at least a MOVEON, if only for its +18 to HLT. You can use it to replace the Berserk 2 chip.

Bones: Use an Anti-gamma Foot instead of the Experimental, as you can afford the slight drop in AGL. Use the Anti-gamma Arm instead of the BatQueen Arm as you arn't melee.

--Stryfe

Xylaz
09-11-04, 18:14
aiming HC weapon with 10 weapon lore is a pain even for a PVM. I'd put at the very least 50 points in weapon lore.

and yeah, antigamma bones, all except batqueen chest

inq4 helmet and boots, dur 4 pants and PA should be ok, though you have to remember that to survive in pvp you'll need much more than that

you might as well reconsider your thoguhts about special imps as moveon + marine gives you additional 50 points in body health (well, somethnig like that) so in that case u could boost athletics a bit more instead of body health.

beside that everything's ok! :p

LOST
09-11-04, 18:27
just have to re-iterate what they said....

all of my INT is wep lore...purely so i can actually aim and hit.

and i presume you haven't put any psi power to raise mana coz you spec'd psi use...so the PSI is pretty easy really.

alot of hc tanks put all their STR in hc, nearly all of mine is...but i made mine along time ago before i knew what was best and had to lom :D . but anyway i still have a small amount of force and transport, it doesnt stop you capping dmg on all your weapons.(and means you can carry loot)

i have 36 (i think) vehcile use and recycle which means i can drive a chaincraft and make all the ammo i will ever need. which leaves 90-odd tc and agility. run fast enough - obvously without a weapon drawn :p .

con is a personal thing - i wish i was near cap too.
just distribute your points as you get them. remember that you can have heavy inq and duranium. get a resister. i want to replace the one i lost +15 on your resists is a must.

oh and good luck. damn nerfage of heavy tanks.

El Jimben
09-11-04, 20:09
Quite a good setup but I disagree with the previous comments on psi use and weapon lore. WPL lore, although needed for a H-C tank makes BUGGER ALL differenence to your aiming. H-C is much more important so the more the better. Look at your weapon's aiming, put abit into WPL and see how little difference it makes.

I'm not sure how much WPL I have on my tank but with a good psi setup & 47 psi use, you can get 52/min on a heal which for PvM or PvP is nice.

Agent L
09-11-04, 20:23
1) all bones antigamma as they're tank's only xray armour
2) boots only heavy duranium (inq boots setup in total gives less fire&energy then dura boots setup)

Anna
09-11-04, 21:39
I beleive 47 is the highest you'll need, and that's for Rayngun Cannon ammo.
raygun is 42
anti-air rockets are 47

correct me if im wrong though, doing this by head, cba to look it up

naimex
09-11-04, 21:40
arent specific type ray cannon ammo tl 48 ?

Anna
09-11-04, 21:44
arent specific type ray cannon ammo tl 48 ?
sigh, now you made me look it up, damn you :p
normal xray = 35
advanced raygun = 42
anti-air rockets = 47

seems i still know my tank stuff ^^

Spermy
09-11-04, 22:59
Sec - here's one I've been fiddling with.

I put sod all in endurance - not needed - batqueen chest will cure what ailes ya. BQ arm is a melee kinda thing - so wazzed in favor of a better bone.

Didn't go for mega tech combat - I can switch imps if I want a stint of the higher level stuff - but he's stopping at a cursed soul - Primarily PvM - but PvP is doable.

went for the 140 total score with agility + ath. Still not sure how to work that - but bleh - lommage will fix.

possibly tone down the Psi use in INT and the Psi power in PSI - only forseeable problem - is I'm going to have to make a freind in Biotech - or probably - more sensible go procity and get my PPR and 90symps for BT chippage.

Spermy
09-11-04, 23:28
errr... @ above attachment - read advanced foot as experimental foot... silly me...

Glok
09-11-04, 23:39
No epics? That's a tough one. This is what I would do...

Spermy
09-11-04, 23:46
I dunno - 37 extra health over me or summat like that - but resists are down across the board - I guess it evens out though - my resists would have the same affect as your HP really - I heart your DEX setup. :)

Glok
09-11-04, 23:49
You cheated. You used a PPR and a herc in yours. :p

Spermy
09-11-04, 23:51
hey - needs must dude!

Glok
09-11-04, 23:56
Yeah well. Making a setup without epics is a bit silly, imo. They might be tough to get sometimes, but once you have them you will ALWAYS have them, barring bugs. MC5-less setups I can understand.

Spermy
10-11-04, 00:00
yeah - I just hate epics with a passion... so much switching seems like turning the fingers up at my darling angels! :angel:

Bushid0
10-11-04, 00:37
my tank was owning without my bio epic item up til sunday(when i got my epic) in fact now ive got my epic item my ability has dropped :lol: