PDA

View Full Version : Lag From Cursed Soul

Bushid0
08-11-04, 23:39
Ok ive been using my CS a fair bit past few days, but i find that i get lag when i first fire it, now when i you every moment in fighting is important, spending a few seconds after firing is crutial.

i was fighting someone today and they were also getting lag when i fired the weapon.

how many people are suffering from this, and is KK working on it at all? persuming they know about it

G.0.D.
09-11-04, 00:10
It's not internet lag,
rather its the game caching the sound/visual for the CS firing.
Thats why it only has a bit of lag when you fire it the first time... O_o

Sakletare
09-11-04, 00:17
It's not internet lag,
rather its the game caching the sound/visual for the CS firing.
Thats why it only has a bit of lag when you fire it the first time... O_o
Happends mostly with plasma weapons and some APU spells though.

G.0.D.
09-11-04, 00:52
Because they have large fire sprites?

(eXo) Opaleye
09-11-04, 01:38
2 gigs of RAM will fix it - really !! :)

G.0.D.
09-11-04, 04:02
Yes, but if you have slow ass cheap-o-wad brand ram; Caching it into the ram may cause an intial slow down. The game has to wait for it to be fully stored into ram before the sound can be played.

So yes, Faster ram/HD would/will fix this problem

(Im on a fairly fast gaming rig, and have never experianced such a slow down)

manderf
09-11-04, 04:12
[ edited ]

G.0.D.
09-11-04, 04:17
Quality is directly perportional to size, baring a new compression technique.

Omnituens
09-11-04, 06:04
i used to get horrible lag with plasma weapons and beam spells.

upgraded RAM from 256MB PC2100 to Dual Channel PC32000 512MB and all was well

now just to get a decent gfx card.

jini
09-11-04, 07:42
I also used to get this kind of lag in neofrags back in nc1. haven't tested yet in nc2, but in nc2 things are worst for me in terms of performance. The worst weapon was the devourer, dropping fps from 30-40 down to 10-15 which is bad. My system is in queue to be changed being already outdated ( I can't do anything). God, I doubt a faster HD can change anything, faster ram as well. More ram yes (I have 768 which i think is a lot tbh) because something still leaks in the client. From what I have seen so far I dont realy believe that a better gfx card will do anything to improve performance, since as it is now it still looks like nc2 depends on cpu. A better cpu is however posible to improve things (I use p41.8). I have thoughts for a HT cpu on intel cpus, which will handle some parallel tasks that might run in the background. dunno about AMD.
Now what i get in nc2 and will drive me mad is, that when i enter say storage lvl8 and pass those doors, I can hear my HD work for little time and then I get a small slowdown. Free ram is still in 200k+ so I dont understand why this is happening. Any clues ?

hegemonic
09-11-04, 10:31
On October 30, 2004 you heard it here first!
Does anyone else notice this? --Re: Lag and Plasma Weapons (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=117471)

Bushid0
09-11-04, 13:37
guess its only a minor problem that few are suffering from.

never had this problem in NC1 tho :(

i find it also happens when i zone or not fired the weapon for a while in the same zone

-=Blinduk=-
10-11-04, 01:36
Ok ive been using my CS a fair bit past few days, but i find that i get lag when i first fire it, now when i you every moment in fighting is important, spending a few seconds after firing is crutial.

i was fighting someone today and they were also getting lag when i fired the weapon.

how many people are suffering from this, and is KK working on it at all? persuming they know about it

i get this and its called a geforce 2
:(