PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One? :(

Smok3d
08-11-04, 15:21
While playing nc,mostly when theres a lot of stuff going on at once like a few apus using HL and a few tanks and stuff shooting cs,i get this crazy high pitched sound and cant hear nothing else,while the game dosent freeze or anything its still annoying and normaly last for about 20 - 30 seconds,also i have networked pcs and when this happens to me (on the main pc with the internet connection,not the one that connects to the net thru the main one)who ever is logged on to the other networked pc,there game freezes.like there interent dies or sumthin while i have this stupid high pitched sound.it only happens in neocron, i had the same bug in neocron 1 aswell.happens mostly when lvling in the crp caves when theres a lot going on or at a op war.maybe its sumthing wrong with my sound card? i dunno? i have a sound blaster audigy 2 ZS anyone got this sound card and get the similar problem? someone please help meh :confused:

Spermy
08-11-04, 15:40
What kinda whine?

Like an organ kinda sound?

What speakers do you run it thru - the only thing that I can connect to a high pitched whine is feedback really... but that's purely cos I'm a musician...

Can you elaborate a wee bit more?

S a W
08-11-04, 15:41
do u alt tab alot? :confused:

Smok3d
08-11-04, 15:49
it does it when i dont alt and tab.it even use to do it when i wasnt able to alt and tab.also it does it when i run my sound thru my speakers and my headphones.it isnt feedback its just at times when theres a lot of crap going off like 4 hl's and a few cs's etc it cant be feedback :confused:

naimex
08-11-04, 15:50
only read down to loud annoying whining sound.. cuz you lack paragraphs which make ur post unreadable.

you are most likely using an onboard sound card, or an AC 97 sound driver..

you have to update your driver / find the right driver.

i had it once.. it was a wrong driver.

Spermy
08-11-04, 16:38
In tha case - yeah - either wrong driver, or get a better Soundcard...

SynC_187
08-11-04, 17:44
Creative live card I'm guessing?

Standard DX9 bug. Download the latest drivers direct from Creative. Do NOT use the built in XP drivers. They suck.

FatDogg
08-11-04, 17:59
sounds like you have been flash banged, retreat for a minute then try and save the hostages again...

*runs and hides*

Smok3d
08-11-04, 20:45
sounds like you have been flash banged, retreat for a minute then try and save the hostages again...

*runs and hides*

haha thats wot its like.gona try new sound drivers new.oh and sorry naimex i didnt know i was due a english test

extract
08-11-04, 20:49
I got that in NC1 alot....really high pitched feedback type sound, then for like 5 mins straight Id get a plethora of random sounds, like apt doors opening, the servo sound when you draw a weapon, copbot drop your weapon sounds nowhere near a copbot etc etc, I too at the time had a soundblaster audigy so it must just be a shitblaster problem, Ive since upgraded soundcards audiphile 24/96 as I work with music alot too, not sure if it will still do it, I havent actually played NC2 yet =/

(eXo) Opaleye
08-11-04, 22:44
I had that problem in NC1 - but only while running teamspeak on the same pc, I now run vent on a second comp.

Zoning fixed the problem.

Also had the same sound card as you are running - try the drivers or try speak/vent on a separate comp if possible.

Good luck