PDA

View Full Version : Monk o' Cron and the Queen!

.Cyl0n
08-11-04, 01:45
I think i dont need to say much ... i just let the video speak for itself. :)

"Big" Version (http://www.farcryuniverse.com/suprise.zip)

"Small" Version (http://www.farcryuniverse.com/monkocron.wmv)

Upped and recorded by Ascention
Music by me

Starring Ascention , a pro doy clan on terra and me

Maybe now some people ( esp at KK ) will start to think...

anyways.. enjoy ;)

.cy

Bushid0
08-11-04, 01:48
downloaded before.

nicely done shows a point, thou im not sure whats to do about it.

times like this im glad i only play a tank

the horror the horror

the monks the monks

Ascension
08-11-04, 01:50
downloaded before.

nicely done shows a point, thou im not sure whats to do about it.

times like this im glad i only play a tank

the horror the horror

the monks the monks

well yes, the monks :p also point out there was a spy there.. but appart from that it was hrmm.. monks!

thou im not sure whats to do about it.

Its to show KK how fucked up things are..

Bushid0
08-11-04, 01:51
i must of missed the spy as there was a lot of monks in the way, i will watch again

Morganth
08-11-04, 01:53
i must of missed the spy as there was a lot of monks in the way, i will watch again

That clan certainly does take the piss. At least other clans have the decency to turn up with other classes, even if it is a zerg.

BRING BACK SPIRIT MODS!!!

Ascension
08-11-04, 01:57
That clan certainly does take the piss. At least other clans have the decency to turn up with other classes, even if it is a zerg.

anyone wanna count em all then i can give you the numbers,

it was them vs 5.. :rolleyes:

Bushid0
08-11-04, 01:59
i got to about 11 i think, but with them all looking the same its hard to count lol

QuantumDelta
08-11-04, 01:59

Spirit mods aren't all that great against monks, it's the other classes they fuck up more (Spy/PE/anything supported by a ppu).

Spirit mods would also, only give weirdly setup pes and a few spies a reason to be around in an op fight.

--

However.

Can We Please Go To An Op War In Something Other Than A Monk and Not Expect To Be Fighting The Gimped Fight Please?

1) Hybrids > * one vs one.

2) APU + PPU > * two vs two.

For greater numbers, see 2.

Ascension
08-11-04, 02:02
i got to about 11 i think, but with them all looking the same its hard to count lol

not to mention as i died, i ran in the next room to watch Descent run to the GR being para'd poisoned etc.. so alot of them are actually off-screen.. :lol:

Xiphias
08-11-04, 02:07
Spirit mods aren't all that great against monks, it's the other classes they fuck up more (Spy/PE/anything supported by a ppu).

Spirit mods would also, only give weirdly setup pes and a few spies a reason to be around in an op fight.

--

yea, to add about the spirit mods... they were quite effective, when duo'd with someone casting noob shelter straight after being stripped. :rolleyes:

Ascension
08-11-04, 02:09
--

yea, to add about the spirit mods... they were quite effective, when duo'd with someone casting noob shelter straight after being stripped. :rolleyes:

A little equation.

voice coms + spirit modded SH + noob buff = dead ppu

Lestard
08-11-04, 02:14
IMO the apu deals way to much damage with his spells in pvp. In most cases the apu doesn't need to antibuff, cause he can do enough to kill anyone besides ppus.
They dont need to aim, have monster frequenz, can runcast and sniper.

Morganth
08-11-04, 02:14
A little equation.

Very true, which would be nice if we had now, especially as HL seems to have gotten a boost.

APU - Shelter + (HL*RoF) = Hit Mouse Button 2 to Respawn

-Demon-
08-11-04, 02:20
A little equation.

LoL I didn't need a noob buff to kill ppus...Spirit sh and a Healing light did very nicely thank you...on my own 4 ppus muhaha I wish I made a video of that...ask FF tho :D

And I'm a spy...listen I know what you guys are on about but considering its the only class I've ever seen you or decent play I dunno how far you can comment.

As for the numbers game...well I thought we all learnt on Pluto about that and if you ain't got the numbers then you gonna lose tbh. Don't want to sound mean but just don't go if it's only 5 of you or if you do go then expect more than equal numbers I know I would.

Come on guys we know the score...the active online numbers are never a fair reflecton due to voice comms and ppl jumping onto thier combat chars.

Ascension
08-11-04, 02:22
naw we have alts m8, just names are less known.. anyways! Im not knocking spies solo'ing ppu's im just saying its a convienant way to drop an ppu when someone slips a noob shlter

Xiphias
08-11-04, 02:30
yea... i just don't understand why everyone has to become huge clans.

there are a few major clans on terra that could quite easily split up, and become separate clans, thus making for more frequent, fair, and "exciting" fights, not the zergs that happen oh too often at the moment.

Morganth
08-11-04, 02:36
yea... i just don't understand why everyone has to become huge clans.

there are a few major clans on terra that could quite easily split up, and become separate clans, thus making for more frequent, fair, and "exciting" fights, not the zergs that happen oh too often at the moment.

Would be nice.

Xadhoom
08-11-04, 02:41
I dont fear a single doy clan on terra. I just dont like them all together.

Xiphias
08-11-04, 02:46

oh no, there are clans that really don't need allies. they have enough numbers without getting other clans involved.

Morganth
08-11-04, 02:48

:lol:

I don't think people "fear" clans as such, its more of a case of if you know that clan X is attacking your OP that you can expect at least 15-20 people there that aren't on your side.

OP warring now has come down to the old "my dad is bigger than yours" scenario, just applied to clan size. It would be nice if when I go to an OP war I know we will be equally matched and that I might enjoy it. I remember the old Saturn fights when numbers were low. You would attack, either get pushed back or defeat the enemy. Then one or other of you would regroup and the process would repeat until everyone was too tired to go on or it was obvious you couldn't win. Now its just a case of bringing more than enough people to defend one OP simply because you don't want to lose your coloured splodge on the map.

TBH I am sure if organised properly pro-city clans who want to fight fairly could organise fights with each other (i.e. not to take an OP, just to attack and defend) until anti-city learn what fun is.

Xiphias
08-11-04, 02:54
Dear santa,

for christmas i would like two things

1)To have the ability to overide the horrible noobie buffs those nasty reds put on me sometimes... i don't like being cheated.

2)For people to stop saying its my fault that people zerg, its somebodies else fault.
and for a few people to decide to make new clans, and split apart those huge clans that zerg me and my friends and ruin all our fun. :(

thank you Santa, i'll make sure you get your mince pie and glass of sherry.

Morganth
08-11-04, 03:00
Dear santa,

for christmas i would like two things

1)To have the ability to overide the horrible noobie buffs those nasty reds put on me sometimes... i don't like being cheated.

2)For people to stop saying its my fault that people zerg, its somebodies else fault.
and for a few people to decide to make new clans, and split apart those huge clans that zerg me and my friends and ruin all our fun. :(

thank you Santa, i'll make sure you get your mince pie and glass of sherry.

I'd like to add:

3) Spirit modded SHs

If these terms are not met, then KOS!!!!!oneoneoonesevetysixthousandandnine

(You'd never guess I was from Saturn :rolleyes: )

Xiphias
08-11-04, 03:02
I'd like to add:

3) Spirit modded SHs

If these terms are not met, then KOS!!!!!oneoneoonesevetysixthousandandnine

(You'd never guess I was from Saturn :rolleyes: )

its ok, i played on saturn for awhile... i would only get annoyed if you kept quoting yourself, and reposting every 30 seconds with them same message O_o

Morganth
08-11-04, 03:05
its ok, i played on saturn for awhile... i would only get annoyed if you kept quoting yourself, and reposting every 30 seconds with them same message O_o

That or barcode spamming, another piece of memorabilia (sp?) from the good 'ole days.

Birkoff
08-11-04, 03:42
It will soon be Drone'o cron :D

With all the bugs fixed and droens being as over powered as they are ATM :)

*sigh* heh

Xiphias
08-11-04, 03:43
It will soon be Drone'o cron :D

With all the bugs fixed and droens being as over powered as they are ATM :)

*sigh* heh

*cries*

trigger hurt
08-11-04, 03:58
bah....

QuantumDelta
08-11-04, 04:06
Very true, which would be nice if we had now, especially as HL seems to have gotten a boost.

APU - Shelter + (HL*RoF) = Hit Mouse Button 2 to Respawn
Lets solve the monk problem with a fuckin' monk?

Morganth
08-11-04, 04:09
Lets solve the monk problem with a fuckin' monk?

An eye for an eye.

Aside from that, its the best method. Thats like Military Intelligence saying a new range of submachine guns are too overpowered, so they though they'd go into war with muskets to balance it out :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
08-11-04, 05:02
What's that got to do with balance? o_O
That's Gameplay based on current situation.

Not Balance.
Get scope :p

Dribble Joy
08-11-04, 05:06
I hate the spirit mods, wrong solution to a problem caused by other problems.
Even if it was kept out of PE's reach, it would still be a horrid thing.

Bleh, don't want to get into it all again, I'm just greatful it's gone.

Otiose
08-11-04, 05:08
The solution to monk a cron is simple really.

They need to increase Holy para rof to 105/min and decrease its mana cost. That single change could bring a whole new era to balance as apu's would become easier slower targets to take down.

Simple really.

Asurmen Spec Op
08-11-04, 05:11
This movie is too true :(
I would perfer even tankocron to this.......
(not PEocron cuz thatd be to creapy and I dont want to be with all the kill whoresaka monks)

sultana
08-11-04, 06:58

They need to increase Holy para rof to 105/min and decrease its mana cost. That single change could bring a whole new era to balance as apu's would become easier slower targets to take down.

Simple really.
Oh god, not that again...

Terayon
08-11-04, 08:11
what codec does it use for video? i have xvid, divx and a few others and mediaplayer has errors when it trys to download a new codec. gspot wont work either.

Dromidas
08-11-04, 08:27
heh well, i play ppu mainly and tell ya what.. theres some strategies vs ppu's that work extremely well, and by the vast amount of people complaining that ppu's are invincible it can only lead me to conclude that those people are very stupid or not very motivated to play the game their best. (or just aren't very skilled heh)

Edit: Lol that video finally got finished.. Now imagine that same scenario with 10 HC or MC tanks, same problem huh, you would die very very quickly.
Too bad no clans have recruited only HC or only MC tanks so I could make an example of them :P

MaGn0lia
08-11-04, 08:44
Well this isn't the only game with one class superior to other, several different classes have advantages over other, but when you have only 4 classes, it comes to this current situation.

In Knight online the most usual sight in PvP war is a rogue, it is easily the most overpowered class in the game, and this is specially assasin, it can stealth and stab you to death really really fast.

If we had the mighty 12-15 different classes like most fantasy mmorpgs have, there could be easily a balance, since there would be alot of those who can counter one class over others and so on.

Again I'll refer to Knight online (it is the best reference, since it is pure PvE/PvP) you have the overpowered rogues, but there is a secret to kill them, a team of buff/curse priest with a meatshield tank, curse the rogue with all you got and unleash your buffed tank on him BAM the poor guy doesn't even have a clue what hit him.

Same in Lineage 2, there are classes that are overpowered, but they can be easily countered with the opposing class. So what we really need is (I'm sorry to say the truth here) just gimp monks against something and we have our balance again, let's say like melee? That could be good, it's not insanely powerful against other classes, and monks can counter it with their speed. Just make blatantly some bonus damage against monks and you got it, now what is good about this is, when monks are the only attacking psi class, there are two different melee classes, PEs and Tanks.

Yeah, think about it.

Dargeshaad
08-11-04, 09:57

Simple really.

Lol, this looks and sounds like someone that never played in the paraspam era

ronaz
08-11-04, 10:11
Personally im not for nerfing anything, however the past has proved that nerfing has been the only Monk 'O Cron remedy thus far.

Now with NC2, the Crahn glove etc. etc. etc. being a monk is made even more desirable.

So solution would indeed be to make other classes more effective against monks. But how to effective do this without ripping up balance between the other classes is beyond me.

Maybe a (rare) nailgun/pistol (nice knockback to fizzle the spell cast) that does large amounts of prc and/or poison dmg combined with a +prc bonus on all classes' armor except monks.

Bugs Gunny
08-11-04, 10:27
Yeah, i've seen that clan getting ready for an op war.
Nothing but people in capes.

Have 5 monks with 5 ppu's and you're pretty much unstopable in this game. You outdammage holy heal on tanks etc....

Ascension
08-11-04, 11:40
What's that got to do with balance? o_O
That's Gameplay based on current situation.

Not Balance.
Get scope :p

Exactly, everyone one and their mother has a spare monk in their arsenal.. :p
back through other popular class periods.. i can remember being the only apu in some wars, well on my side anyways. Apu was a rare class, and a well loved class.. but my video proves that monks(numbers) take over the word 'skill' because you can simply overwhelm the enemy.. although on my little video there they had to noob buff cylOn to kill him :rolleyes:

solling
08-11-04, 13:09
Have 5 monks with 5 ppu's and you're pretty much unstopable in this game. You outdammage holy heal on tanks etc....

no ure not apus need a meatshield u have 2 or 3 guys attacking the same apu with a db on him and hes going down no matter what

u NEED tank and not only melee tanks aoe still is TeH KiNg :p

and for gods sake fix the n00b buffing its horrible a clan relying on that well bleh sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more fun without

Ascension
08-11-04, 13:14
And for gods sake fix the n00b buffing its horrible a clan relying on that well bleh sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more fun without

Remember when we fought at ceres! :rolleyes: Poor Descent :(

solling
08-11-04, 13:18
Remember when we fought at ceres! Poor Descent

lol yeh i do xxx was saying on vent descent n00b buffed and i was all like omg NOOOO cuz we like the fights vs SS without the n00b heals etc etc

its one of the only clans that do not use em and its GREAT

but almost all other clans use em so u become kinda like GRRR fuck it

wish they would fix it so high TL overrides :(

Spermy
08-11-04, 13:19
ARRR!

I had no probs with PPUs - They don't seem to like Gatlings - the damage might be naff but the rate of fire is great - melee tanks - as I have said before - Make monks shit themselves - purely for the fact that something that fast is hard to hit - but has no problems hitting you - and also faresd a little bit better than most peoples with the damage.

Ascension
08-11-04, 13:24
Wish they would fix it so high TL overrides :(
Its for the desparate.. If you watch the video again.. watch as they need to slip CylOn a noob buff.. i mean comon.. why do they need to do that with the amount of fire power they got there

I had no probs with PPUs - They don't seem to like Gatlings - the damage might be naff but the rate of fire is great - melee tanks - as I have said before - Make monks shit themselves - purely for the fact that something that fast is hard to hit - but has no problems hitting you - and also faresd a little bit better than most peoples with the damage.

Okay well this next quote is based on having S/D in an Op war.. Melee tanks aint a problem really.. simply run backwards as they run for you, take there legs and watch em turn and try and run :P

SorkZmok
08-11-04, 13:39
Cant get it to work, i only get sound.
What codec is it?

Koth
08-11-04, 13:51
Im in two minds as to this thread.

on one hand the whole lets turn up to an op fight with like 1000000000000 (did i miss a few 0's?) monks, is gay, There are four classes in neocron. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. let me outline them for the idiots among us

PE - good all rounder, however the armour which is available to the PE is not that good in comparision with other classes, a lowtech PE has a bloody good resist setup, and to be honest i fear LT PE's more than any other type of PE :P Ive seen a few choice LT PE's waste at least 4 people before they drop (under the influence of their own buffs).

Spys - THe way these characters are design they are better at range fighting and sniping from a distance, further the better. Pistol spies are also good though, a pistol spy and a rifle spy can take out several people if used in the correct way. The draw back is get to close for periods of time and you drop like a sack of spuds.

Tanks - Bloody good resists, stupid amounts of health, fast ... but look at the aiming. either the tank aiming is gimped or they have no Force resist. Good characters, but not completely adept at healing. easier to beat over time.

Monks - Apu's ... no defense, if you can give one of these the run around, or get a spy on their case they die period. PPU's .... they cant kill people, and if they can you need to rethink your setup.

Basically what im saying is an op fight including all the classes (not just monks) is a balanced op fight with each side having weaknesses and strenghs. Im pretty sure theres a team of spies who could take out the monks given enough time and skill.

if you dont attack the classes where their weaknesses lie, then you arent going to beat them. Stop whinging that monks need a nerf, diversify your force and get all the classes in there. and to the people that use all monks in their op fights - all i can say is get a life, get out there and play other classes - learn different styles of play or you'll be getting bored of neocron extremely quickly.

the reason your all using monks these days is because you've all forgotten how to aim with other weapons. :wtf: o_O O_o

</rant / advice>

Ark

Smok3d
08-11-04, 15:26
haha! wot a mock,which clan was it? im guessing its a certain tg clan :wtf:

p.s i cba to read all thru the thread to see if the clan has been mentioned :p

Ascension
08-11-04, 15:28
the reason your all using monks these days is because you've all forgotten how to aim with other weapons. :wtf: o_O O_o

Ark

Lol, Ive played an apu nearly 2 years :p Ive stuck with the class through all the range nerf's random damage etc..

I agree with the range nerf.. it was needed as the range was waaayy to strong. random damage is kinda stupid but heh..

anyways, I dont play apu because of having no recticle.. I enjoy playing the class with the high damage and the challenge of staying alive in a war, anyone that has experience with wars etc know that without a running heal an APU is fucked. So what do ya do kill the ppu 1st!

Maybe re-think your op war stragies.. but it doesnt need to be apu/ppu all the way! melee tanks are great.. when capped, anything before cap doesnt touch a ppu

Carinth
08-11-04, 16:57
Making ppu's easier to kill doesn't solve anything... PPU's are a problem because of how easily they double your pvp abilities. Making ppu's more killable just makes their lives more stressful and makes the class a bitch to play. You'd end up with less ppu's, not because they're balanced, but because they're a bitch class. Yet you havn't changed the fact that they're needed for everything. The few ppu's that do remain will still turn their team into supermen. Or worse case is you make ppu's so crappy that they can't do anything in pvp anymore. Our role becomes, buff up team, then run away before we're ganked. Plus it's not like the ppu is easy to play and has everything going for him. PPU's have a ridiculous amount of problems. People don't seem to care what we hafta deal with, until it comes to pvp. Then when something is finnaly in our favor it must be nerfed!

I know its hard to comprehend, but balance means each class should be fun to play. It's not one sided, nerf class x so yours is better.

Darken
08-11-04, 17:03
2) APU + PPU > * two vs two.

Meelee + PPU > Apu + PPU

Koth
08-11-04, 17:27
my appologies ascention, its not really aimed @ you specifically. I just think people need to get into playing the other classes. The fun you can have with a LT rifle PE is immense

Spermy
08-11-04, 17:29
Okay well this next quote is based on having S/D in an Op war.. Melee tanks aint a problem really.. simply run backwards as they run for you, take there legs and watch em turn and try and run :P

Hehe :lol:

The keypoint for playing a melee tank is never run! - or you're bollocksed.

Melee tanks suck so badly at well, pretty much anything! KAPOW! take that l33t Kiddies!

kurai
08-11-04, 17:51
PPU's are a problem because of how easily they double your pvp abilities.*Exactly*

This game is all about relativity of one influence to another.
The whole end-game combat scenario is all about *small* advantages of one methodology compared to another in a given situation.
This leaves a margin where skill and intelligence and dedication can make the difference, and give you the edge.

The PPU currently just blows the whole rest of the balance equation out of the water.

Dribble Joy
08-11-04, 17:58
Like carinth pointed at, 'solving' ppus is tricky.
You either reduce thier ability to assist a team (but this will probably lead to the point where they are useless) or reduce thier own god like self survival capabilities (but the effects they have on the people supported by the ppu retain thier super powers).

I personally would like a kind of balance between the two. It mainly focuses on reducing the ppus ability to self heal, but also on the way ppus affect the other classes/players.
It's in the brainport if you want to flame me.

shardl0r
08-11-04, 18:03
Just goes for the 'remove the ability to foreign cast shielding' plug. Less stressful for PPU's, balances monks.

shRd-

QuantumDelta
08-11-04, 18:07
Meelee + PPU > Apu + PPU
Team B must be effin stupid then.

Spermy
08-11-04, 18:16
*Exactly*

This game is all about relativity of one influence to another.
The whole end-game combat scenario is all about *small* advantages of one methodology compared to another in a given situation.
This leaves a margin where skill and intelligence and dedication can make the difference, and give you the edge.

The PPU currently just blows the whole rest of the balance equation out of the water.

Not when the other team has them too.

Carinth
08-11-04, 18:17
Reducing ppu's abilities and reducing our defenses are definitly needed, but it has to come with other changes also. If you soly reduce the ppu, you'll end up with a gimp class. If you reduce the ppu's abilities, you need to make sure what he's left with is fully functional and still fun to play.

It would also be good to consider boosting importance of others, giving other classes needed roles in the game. Not as we have been, by making classes important in how they can kill the ppu. My favorite is giving the Tank the ability to take damage for others. This role is currently filled by the ppu, as the only class that can absorb the insane amount of damage players/npcs do. The Tank should have some way, maybe through a "shield" that can protect others and/or an injection which amplifies his defensive powers at the cost of offense. Basicly a tank could group with a rifler spy and soak damage while the spy kills the mob. At an op war a Tank could soak damage while the ppu buffs the team. Spread the roles around, instead of having the ppu do everything.

QuantumDelta
08-11-04, 18:19
Not when the other team has them too.
You didn't understand that one mate.

He's talking about the rest of the classes in an op war, in comparison to a PPU and the rest of the classes in an op war.

Having one or more on each side isn't a valid counter when it's the actual fact that there is no better person to have at an op war than a ppu that's the problem.

And you know my main is now a PPU >.>

Reducing ppu's abilities and reducing our defenses are definitly needed, but it has to come with other changes also. If you soly reduce the ppu, you'll end up with a gimp class. If you reduce the ppu's abilities, you need to make sure what he's left with is fully functional and still fun to play.

It would also be good to consider boosting importance of others, giving other classes needed roles in the game. Not as we have been, by making classes important in how they can kill the ppu. My favorite is giving the Tank the ability to take damage for others. This role is currently filled by the ppu, as the only class that can absorb the insane amount of damage players/npcs do. The Tank should have some way, maybe through a "shield" that can protect others and/or an injection which amplifies his defensive powers at the cost of offense. Basicly a tank could group with a rifler spy and soak damage while the spy kills the mob. At an op war a Tank could soak damage while the ppu buffs the team. Spread the roles around, instead of having the ppu do everything.

Simple things like, reduce the amount of stuff PPU can directly do to absorb damage players take and instead allow them to runcast everything.
Spreading roles around is also, a brilliant idea.

Perhaps even WoC skills (this is what I was hoping for) that could only be activated in warzones LIKE a Literal ability called TANK that just absorbs crap loads of damage, far more than resists + 595 hp, but effects HC and MC in negative ways.

kurai
08-11-04, 18:38
Not when the other team has them too.Don't think you quite got where I was coming from with that.

The APU/PPU hybri-combo is just so far outside the capability scale of anything else around that you get into an `arms race` situation at OPs.
The only possible counter to someones nuke is ... another nuke. But bigger if possible.
Eventually you reach a situation where nothing else is worth bothering with, everyone has to have a large number of big nukes, anything else is inconsequential and can be ignored.

This is where we are at with monks right now.

I don't particularly blame the playerbase for this - it's just human nature. If people in a competitive environment are presented with a `no-brainer` option that is blatantly superior to any other choice then it's a foregone conclusion - they *will* take it.

It's either that or come to terms with the fact that you will be an irrelevance in deciding the outcome.

For that reason you'll find a great many people playing monks because they *have to*, not because they *want to*.

Blacksword
09-11-04, 05:29
As for the numbers game...well I thought we all learnt on Pluto about that and if you ain't got the numbers then you gonna lose tbh. Don't want to sound mean but just don't go if it's only 5 of you or if you do go then expect more than equal numbers I know I would.

"We are going to take over your op, how many people are you going to defend with, we need to know so we know how many to bring."

get a clue people, like demon said, dont expect an op fight to be fair. heres an idea, get your clan to make some money to buy some turrets. they arent gonna save your base if you arent there, but they should certainly help out when you are.