PDA

View Full Version : half life 2

nobby
08-11-04, 00:28
ok because my forum account on steam got a wee bit bugged, i cant ask this question.
will i be able to buy half life 2 silver version at the shops, or will i just be getting bronze at the shops?

buying over steam is bloody bugged,....tried 6 credit cards...all denied!

Opar
08-11-04, 09:45
Im pretty sure Silver is only available via Steam. Only the bog-standard DVD (aka - Bronze) is available in shops. I think.

MaGn0lia
08-11-04, 09:48
Retail Boxes

* Standard Edition — includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man).
* Collector's Edition — includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirt and a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.

Steam Packages

* Bronze — HL2* and CS:Source.
* Silver — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam.
* Gold — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

Opar
08-11-04, 17:47
Im pretty sure that the CD version is in every country except the UK

So if you live in the UK, lucky you gets the DVD edition :D

Dribble Joy
08-11-04, 17:51
Im pretty sure that the CD version is in every country except the UK

So if you live in the UK, lucky you gets the DVD edition :D
Which is oh so fun if you don't have a dvd drive.

Opar
08-11-04, 18:05

No switching between 6 CDs though :P (or 4/5)

EDIT : 1,500, go moi!

QuantumDelta
08-11-04, 18:30
UT2K4 and FFXI Made me thankful for DVDs.
6 CD Changing is a pain in the rear...

I'm sure you'll be able to order CD versions, or just get it on steam like I will :p

nobby
08-11-04, 18:43
the thing is though...most people in the UK that try to order through steam keeps getting their cards coming up as denied.
i tried 6 cards, all denied.

i really wanted to get that bloody silver one!

QuantumDelta
08-11-04, 20:43
the thing is though...most people in the UK that try to order through steam keeps getting their cards coming up as denied.
i tried 6 cards, all denied.

i really wanted to get that bloody silver one!

Mine worked first time.

Llyods Delta > *

Omnituens
08-11-04, 21:14
I ordered mine though steam

im dedication an old hard drive to backing up my Steam dir (8.5 GB atm :eek: :eek: :eek: )

i think i might use up this years holidays ive got left to play HL2

Spoon
08-11-04, 21:24
I'm not to sure I'll be buying HL2..

After blowing $55 to $60 on that over hyped, piece of shit, known as Doom 3...

Especially if it involves going any where near that evil thing, Steam....

Steam is the work of the devil...

Opar
08-11-04, 23:28
I dont get Steam ffs. Its like.

a) Play the game at 8:00am the day its released, HOWEVER you have to download it every time you reformat your PC (now, 6 CDs/1 (maybe 2) DVDs downloading? WOrk it out)

or

b) Get the game at 9:00am the day its released, have a shiny DVD-box, which you never need to buy again. And its only £1 more expensive that BRonze Steam.