PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] World of Warcraft

ZyproN
07-11-04, 19:38
Just read that WoW will be out in USA, New Zealand, the 23/11.

Anyone know if there will be a free trial periode to try the game before buy it?
And just looked at the trialer looked nice, and I know they used alooot of time and money on it!

Garrett[N-Tech]
07-11-04, 20:15
Just read that WoW will be out in USA, New Zealand, the 23/11.

Anyone know if there will be a free trial periode to try the game before buy it?
And just looked at the trialer looked nice, and I know they used alooot of time and money on it!
Afaik, the US Open Beta starts tomorrow...

Clive tombstone
07-11-04, 21:45
Jeez, Ive been in the early stress test, and I admit, its pretty fun, the did the game mechanics pretty well, and tweeked the play mechanics so that combat isnt boring, for instance, even warriors have "spells" well, sort of, they have a "rage" meter that builds as they fight, the more they fight, and damage delt to them, the higher the bar goes, and they can spend rage points to attack with specials. Think of it like a FF7 limit break kinda thing.

Im really torn though, and please dont flame me but, I played the EQ2 beta (and I work as an Intern at SoE btw) and I have to say its pretty cool too, EQ has a cool combat system as well, they have your click on the enemy, but more importantly, use every ability you have to win, they also have "heroic opertunity" which when you activate, you use your skills in certain orders to perform a "super" attack, that can do a miraide of things depending on the combinations, like say I start off with the activation, then do a wild strike, followed by a shout (a form of taunt) this activates a Mighty strike, that does a nice bit of extra damage.

TO say the least, these new MMO's are getting better with there interaction, so Im having trouble deciding, but Ill probably go with EQ2 and make a human monk, and a dark elf paladin (yes, its possible :D )

PS-One thing I like about EQ two is that you have ownership of mounts, boats and Pets (you keep them at your house, I had a mallard in the stress test named, sargent Quackers :D )

Endar
07-11-04, 22:42
Seems like that the same thing that happened with DaoC is going to happen with WoW. Everything comes 6 months later to Europe. The closed beta in Europe started just like 2 weeks ago, and the USA one has been on for like 6 months atleast.

Fuck the WoW, fuck the EQ2, Real Life is teh win.

ridec
08-11-04, 15:47
The open Beta starts today ;) Hope its not as buggy as NC :D

DigestiveBiscui
08-11-04, 16:21
within 2 months nc won't even be about i don't think

EQ2 and WoW already look so much better :o

Nippa
08-11-04, 16:26

Amen to that

Cant even think off a reason to log into nc2 atm not played for 3 weeks now last time i logged in was there about 5 mins .. Boring !!

phunqe
08-11-04, 16:39

Yes... if you like being a half naked, purple aura surrounded dwarf, running around with an oversized sword yelling "REPENT! I WILL SMITHE THOU OH MIGHTY WIZARD."

phunqe
08-11-04, 17:42
I'll be over here in my corner, repairing my Valium dispenser...

EDIT: Apparently too late o_O

ZyproN
08-11-04, 18:22
600k keys for OPEN BETA WOW,

200k keys booked (File planet, Stresstest) You can buy.

400k Public.

If the think they get 600k users just at BETA omg how many they will get when they finaly come out in stores.

Idola
08-11-04, 18:34

People were saying that over two years ago; before the start of retail, even.

ZyproN
08-11-04, 18:49
TBH;

There is a BIG Difrent in the size of KK and BLIZZARD.

BLIZZARD are a much bigger company and ofcourse they have more money to work with. But KK is a small company and what they have done out of NC is great, I like the game alot NC, but I'm going to try WoW, and se if its something for me.

Shame that the little error at Saturn that made 3 weeks rollback infected me this much, that I'm going to try something else try to find something more better then NC.

Clive tombstone
08-11-04, 18:55
All I know is that I enjoyed the beta of EQ2, and Im happy because I get to fight a gaint squid too (yes a giant squid).

World of warcraft is cool because of its art style which is completly its own, which feels mildly cartoonish, yet mythical and dare I say 1970's LoTR cartoon-ish.

ZyproN
08-11-04, 19:00
All I know is that I enjoyed the beta of EQ2, and Im happy because I get to fight a gaint squid too (yes a giant squid).

World of warcraft is cool because of its art style which is completly its own, which feels mildly cartoonish, yet mythical and dare I say 1970's LoTR cartoon-ish.

You tryed World of Warcraft? What do you think about it?

ZenOne
08-11-04, 19:01
theres no pvp. thats sum ****** shit

ichi

ZyproN
08-11-04, 19:02
theres no pvp. thats sum ****** shit

ichi

Mate read, they haven't added PVP to the game atm. They still need to put more thing it it.. Forums are your friend.

Spoon
08-11-04, 21:17
Well, good luck getting a Open beta key for this one....

OB starts tomorrow and they don't even have the OB key sign up page up yet...

btw, it's a 2.5 or 2.6gig download, via a bit-torrent style downloader..
It's took me about 6 days to complete the d/l....

By the time you get it downloaded, OB will be over....... :lol:

ZyproN
08-11-04, 21:20
Haha 6 hours and I'm done ^^ 2mbit rox. Download at full speed think I will get one dont worry ;)

Spoon
08-11-04, 21:28
gehhh..

I would get about 300mbs at a time, and it would go tits up....

Ran it when I left for work and when I went to bed...

It totally lagged out my PC, and I couldn't do any thing else on it, if the downloader was running...

You haven't been able to sign up for a OB key yet, have you ?

ZyproN
08-11-04, 22:16
gehhh..

I would get about 300mbs at a time, and it would go tits up....

Ran it when I left for work and when I went to bed...

It totally lagged out my PC, and I couldn't do any thing else on it, if the downloader was running...

You haven't been able to sign up for a OB key yet, have you ?

Not yet, still waiting and refreshing the site. Sitting at mIRC chatting with some people from closed. The site is lagging a bit to think alot of people wants a key/account :D

Clive tombstone
08-11-04, 22:41
well ok, I played the stress test of WoW, and I can say it was fun, they even made fishing fun, seriously, and somewhat rewarding (sometimes you get a "bloated fish" you "cut" it open, and I would sometimes find precious gems inside or a few coins (see kids, thats what happens when you swallow your change :p )
I played a human paladin in WoW, and I can say that the combat for them is good, using a huge hammer and healing spells, I could solo good and be valuable to the group, but back to the game, both atmospheres are COMPLETLY up to the person, if you like Realistic rendered places, go with EQ2, if you like cartoonish colorfull environments, go with WoW (dont get me wrong, EQ2 envi's are really colorfull and nice looking too, just realistic)

To get some ideas, just go to file planet or some game site, download some trailers or game shots, and watch em, and decide, and remember, dont knock it till you tried it, ok?

Endar
09-11-04, 00:23
This is the moment I have feared for so long...

OK so I tried World of Warcraft and what can I say. Its awesome. If you liked Warcraft series you can find enought similarities to keep you entairned. If you like AO you feel right at home but with much better combat system. If you like cartoons you will love the graphics. I mean, the game seems to have everything for everyone. They even have guns and good crafting system. I liked playing Mage and Rogue. Stealth and hit&run tactics with powerful attacks have always been my favorite in games.

The game world is huge and detailed. The textures are awesome and fit the atmosphere completely. The music is awesome.

Because its Warcraft game it will suck you right in. No matter what you like in games, soon you will find your self sitting and watching sunset in game and you will notice that you have forgotten about real life.

I dont think I can descripe the game, you go and try it. Give it a shot even if you hate dwarfs and elfs like me.

ZyproN
09-11-04, 01:35
Damn, just got a US OB Key, man 1 hour and they all gone, the servers was laggy as shit to get the key, fails, errors. Like when Nc2 come out, tbh its hard to get around those problems.

Now I go sleep its 00.35 have to get up 06.30 soo i better go sleep ;)
But I'm going to test it tomorrow and see if its something for me.

Asurmen Spec Op
09-11-04, 02:04
am I tho only one in the world who thinks WoW is BS just like warcraft 3?????

ak I guess im the only one who plays real time STRATAGIES anymore

NC >(EQ+WOW)^2

if ya dont think so then I wont miss you

Clive tombstone
09-11-04, 03:08

NC >(EQ+WOW)^2

and remember, dont knock it till you tried it, ok?

Nuff said, and also, C&C generals and total anihalation kickass... and MAYBE homeworld, and WC too.

Man, I work on games for a living, so dont say that your views on a certain gener of a game are the right way, that kinda mind set kills the industry :p

Richard Angelus
09-11-04, 03:46
http://signup.worldofwarcraft.com is up again....feel free to get a account :D

/Edit: it was some sec ago with Keys

Asurmen Spec Op
09-11-04, 05:07
Nuff said, and also, C&C generals and total anihalation kickass... and MAYBE homeworld, and WC too.

Man, I work on games for a living, so dont say that your views on a certain gener of a game are the right way, that kinda mind set kills the industry :p
played em both clive.
Total anihalation kicked ass and I didnt play generals(all my friends say bad)
and my mindset does nothing but bad so no supprise there

Clive tombstone
09-11-04, 06:04
C&C gens is nice, Only thing I dont like is that when the AI plays the GLA, they use suicide tactics (Guess thats realistic =P) but they build everything they have and send it at you instantly, plus they can co-ordinate each unit, in which you must be a spaz gamer (or a machine *glare*) to do.

So yah, besides that, im realin on to back to my old console (genesis) and playin my gunstar heroes (Best side scroller ever) and beyond oasis(better than zelda). (hehe retro kicks ass)

one last thing, MMO's are all cool, Why do you think I play NC.

Endar
09-11-04, 11:12

NC >(EQ+WOW)^2

Would you like to tell us what is a real time STRATAGI game? :lol: You prolly mean STRATEGY games right? Well anyway tell us what are real realtime strategy games?

And dont try to say that NC is better than any game on the market, thats just not true. Neocron has its own good things, other games have theirs. I dont think that Warcraft series are bullshit, I actually enjoyed them. Those were the first strategy/fantasy games that were made (atleast if I remember right) with good storyline.

Now World of Warcraft seems to have everything I like, so I am going to play it until I get bored on it and switch games. Other great game I'm looking forward to is Guild Wars.

NC >(EQ+WOW)^2

Do you really think that someone cares if you miss them or not?

DigestiveBiscui
09-11-04, 19:30
Well - Anyone in Europe shouldn't worry about WoW yet

yea - u can play WoW beta until the 23rd of this month, then US release comes out and us Europeans have to wait until late Febuary of 2005 to finally be able to get in

so, 2 weeks now, then a 4 month wait - THEN u can play

J. Folsom
09-11-04, 21:41
Tried downloadding the open beta, but their home-brewn version of BitTorrent tends to make my whole internet connection freeze up after approximately 5 minutes of running it. Tried various works around for it, but no luck.

I'll just wait for the European beta I guess.

Endar
09-11-04, 21:57
You can play the game even if you live in Europe if you know how :D

Asurmen Spec Op
09-11-04, 23:51
Would you like to tell us what is a real time STRATAGI game? :lol: You prolly mean STRATEGY games right? Well anyway tell us what are real realtime strategy games?

And dont try to say that NC is better than any game on the market, thats just not true. Neocron has its own good things, other games have theirs. I dont think that Warcraft series are bullshit, I actually enjoyed them. Those were the first strategy/fantasy games that were made (atleast if I remember right) with good storyline.

Now World of Warcraft seems to have everything I like, so I am going to play it until I get bored on it and switch games. Other great game I'm looking forward to is Guild Wars.

Do you really think that someone cares if you miss them or not?
endar, I have a right to think a shit game is shit.
Neocron in my opinion is better then anything else. Ive been around the block MMO wise, all the big ones ive played.

joran420
10-11-04, 00:05
wow does look pretty sexy

DigestiveBiscui
10-11-04, 00:52
wow does look pretty sexy

yea but i can't play the fucker until febuary :p

ZyproN
10-11-04, 22:37
yea but i can't play the fucker until febuary :p

Yes you can, I play US OB ;)
Its nice the grafic is nice nice quest. Leveling is a bit difrent always new mobs imo. Just in this zone I am in. like 5-6 difrent just level 5 mobs..

The game Pvp I have't tested yet but, we still don't know how its gonna be couse its not in OB, we have to wait for retail ;(

DigestiveBiscui
11-11-04, 01:38
u can't play it properly till febuary if you're in europe :p u get about 2 weeks then thats it until then

tiikeri
11-11-04, 02:21
DJ, r u absolutely sure that the European release date is 2005?
That sounds almost as fucking stupid as KKs German German German...

DigestiveBiscui
11-11-04, 12:21

it's about as sure as ever

the release on the 23rd is defo US and canada as far as i know - nothing has been mentioned about Europe

There isn't even a release date for the European open beta

+ amazon.co.uk say feb 25th 2005 :p

Endar
11-11-04, 14:06
endar, I have a right to think a shit game is shit.
Neocron in my opinion is better then anything else. Ive been around the block MMO wise, all the big ones ive played.

Sure you have, but if you have not tested it how can you say its a shitty game? Anyway I dont think I want to argue with you any longer, theres no point in it.

u can't play it properly till febuary if you're in europe u get about 2 weeks then thats it until then

Yes you can. Well atleast you could have played it if you would made account while those were available. I live in Finland and I can play the USA Open Beta of WoW. I just selected Finland as my country and created an account. And I sure am happy that I did that :D There also seem to be other players from Finland testing the game, nothings more fun than creating a party with fellow Finnish people and doing quests :D

joran420
11-11-04, 19:00
any one try teh PvP yet? I have a feeling its gonna be horrible(ala EQ) but maybe it will be cool.....

is PvP even in the OB?

DigestiveBiscui
11-11-04, 21:46
Yes you can. Well atleast you could have played it if you would made account while those were available. I live in Finland and I can play the USA Open Beta of WoW. I just selected Finland as my country and created an account. And I sure am happy that I did that :D There also seem to be other players from Finland testing the game, nothings more fun than creating a party with fellow Finnish people and doing quests :D

ys m8, thats what i'm no about

anyone can test it, but in 2 weeks time beta goes down and US starts, so we can't play it for a while

which is a shame - because its fucking amazing

t0tt3
11-11-04, 22:08

TBH tiikeri itīs the fucking German German German French French French fault...

They doing a language based game so "europeans" can buy it... I think most of us N of Germany doesnt give a shit about english only because that has always been in our nature to play it so. So all scandinavians and also all french and germans that want to play with english talking poeple to gets annoyed. I would hate a french/german server... I want to understand at least 10 words each min...

Itīs sad that Blizzard think like that but what tha heck 160 M americans with 1 language and 200 Europeans with loads of diffrent languages who can blame them :(

Ascension
11-11-04, 22:22
Haha 6 hours and I'm done ^^ 2mbit rox. Download at full speed think I will get one dont worry ;)

5 Hours 55 Mins.. 1mbit rox :lol: download of 0.95mbps :)

//edit: I got the 2.5 Gb and the damn zip is corrupt *sets download* again :( :rolleyes:

J. Folsom
11-11-04, 22:34
//edit: I got the 2.5 Gb and the damn zip is corrupt *sets download* again :( :rolleyes:
Make sure you have the latest version of WinZIP installed. (Version 9.0)

Their .zip only works with that latest version of winzip, not with any other programs. It's marked as corrupt if you don't use it.

tiikeri
12-11-04, 01:38
@DJ: yea i tried to search through blizz and WoWs forums for European release date, and didn't find shit..

I'm surprised that blizz "has forgot" us Europeans, or then they really have planned a different release date for Europeans and haven't said that yet. Perhaps s1 who already have registered forum account there could ask about it? Or then i'll do it myself when i get to home and find my d2:s key..

@tott3: I feel kinda irritated by the feeling i have that us non-german ppl get less notice, and more fuck ups.. And also i don't get it why germans dub all their movies..I learned my english from TV.. so perhaps they could learn some too..like the "joke" on coms today.. When darken said he had seen Taxi.. and isn't it the one with Robert DeNiro.. imagine him saying: JAJA ALLES IST GUT" :) it just wouldn't fit his charismatic person..

note: this wasn't national flamming, i was just babbling my thoughts like always

ZyproN
12-11-04, 13:18
Yes but when US OB goes down I go EU OB :D Already have key for that... ;)

soo.. I test the game learn, what chars, skills is nice so I can easy start when retail comes ;)..

And btw, ifs normaly that Games/Movies comes in US First ;(

DigestiveBiscui
12-11-04, 14:37
when US OB goes down - u then sit and wait for EU OB in about January time

thats still 2 months........

Cytaur
12-11-04, 14:55
too long to read 4 pages while taking a quick lag-break from WoW :)

I've been playing WoW since Final Beta (which started a week before Open Beta). Damn it's an awesome game. Nothing compared with NC(2). In all aspects - zones, npc's, quests, tradeskills, players interaction with others etc.

Those who are saying there's no PvP, they're wrong. There are "carebear" servers and there are PvP servers which tend to have higher population value (high/med/low). Myself I'm on, according to Blizz, the most popular server which is Test 4. PvP there is amazing. My character is on the alliance side and you could see horde trying to raid the low level areas. There're 3 types of zones. Alliance/Contested/Horde. For example when I'm in our territory (alliance) and horde raids it, they can only kill quest-vital NPCs but cannot kill newbies. Only way horde can hurt a player there is if that player attacks the enemy. And it's the same in their territory, they can't attack us unless we strike them first. Then there's contested territory, that's when its freedom of attack. You can totally abstinate from pvp until you hit the intercrossed (where both factions towns are in the same area) contested territories. Then you'd have to fight to get what you want.

I've had a nice brawl last night. There were some undead doing their quest, so I charged one guy, killed it and his friend, a tauren, who was higher level than me, tried to kill me but had to run instead. I gave him the best chase in his life except he ran into horde town and I was fended off by NPC guards... Moments later more brave alliance players joined me with the siege. And this turned into a WW1 style battle. We gank them, they run back in town and gank us, and then we gank them back ... Was great, better than any NC battle I've ever been to (and trust me, back in the days I was in the battles with 50 on 50).

PS.
WoW has a unique feature called Language. Means humans can only speak common, dorfs/gnomes/night elves can speak their own language + common, orcs speak their and ud/trolls/tauren speak theirs + orcish. So technically you cannot communicate at all with other faction. When you gank someone that mines mithril and then steal the vein for yourself, they cant PM you with "WTF WHY DID YOU DO THAT FOR". They can either suck it up or come back with friends and gank you back.

ZyproN
12-11-04, 20:13
when US OB goes down - u then sit and wait for EU OB in about January time

thats still 2 months........

The EU OPENS WHEN US RETAIL COME *KUK* *KUK* wake up!

DigestiveBiscui
12-11-04, 21:27
The EU OPENS WHEN US RETAIL COME *KUK* *KUK* wake up!

dude, trust me it doesnt

atm there is closed beta, the earliest open EU beta will arrive is late december

you WILL NOT get to play EU open beta when the US one closes

Asurmen Spec Op
13-11-04, 07:36
[QUOTE=Endar]Sure you have, but if you have not tested it how can you say its a shitty game? Anyway I dont think I want to argue with you any longer, theres no point in it.

.... i have played it and tested it thru closed beta..

DigestiveBiscui
14-11-04, 00:19
[QUOTE=Endar]Sure you have, but if you have not tested it how can you say its a shitty game? Anyway I dont think I want to argue with you any longer, theres no point in it.

.... i have played it and tested it thru closed beta..

and you thought it was shit???

...and u play neocron??

both game are good - but WoW is far far from shit, and far far better in its present state

Why? Beacuse of the amount of people working on it i guess

ZyproN
15-11-04, 00:23
Digi, HEAR MATE I ALREADY ORDERED A KEY THE 26 IT OPENS :D

Something like stresstest ;) You know you can buy a key for play.

Sorry me mixing OB and some kind of stresstest.

WoW is a great game, the PVP isn't dont yet so i better like the NC one you need more skills you need to aim in NC, you dont realy need to aim in WoW.

But the game is maded fine nice grafic and the world is big alot thing to do if you look at the quest you can do to get better items, if you think KK has alot weapons then you should see WoW world of weapon!

:EDIT: Btw you should try to raid Night Elfes as Horde the raid teams is about 40+ man its fun to see 40+ vs 40+ fight ;)

Clive tombstone
15-11-04, 05:20
Im playing EQ2 retail right now, and I can say Im satisfied, very good game so far, great voice acting too.

LTA
15-11-04, 10:26
and you thought it was shit???

...and u play neocron??

both game are good - but WoW is far far from shit, and far far better in its present state

Why? Beacuse of the amount of people working on it i guess
Depends what environment you enjoy and stuff though like nitty gritty dark nc or colourful WOW, i play between ffxi and nc so generally cant afford wow but i already have my pvp fix and my pvm fix so heh

kk continue with theme weeks and fix neocron into something stable with plenty of healthy content and the cyber punk theme it still uniquely has it will take it far... :D

ZyproN
17-11-04, 21:38
Already got level 20 and level 8 chars in WoW, could go faster if i didnt had to go check everything special ;), The game is for people who likes classes like ORC and so one. Still my opinion is Neocron is still a nice game I just canceled my account couse they deleted one of my chars, 3 weeks rollback, 2-3 rollbacks already in nc2, and they are doing their best but they don't have the money or people to make it a better game then WoW.

tiikeri
18-11-04, 05:03
The North American World of Warcraft website will be making an announcement later today regarding their plans for the end of the North American Open Beta Test. This announcement relates only to the North American servers. Please stay tuned for a separate announcement from us later next week detailing plans for the European Closed Beta and Final Beta Tests.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gungdil
Community Manager

hiihou... next week we Europeans are much more wiser than now ^_^

DigestiveBiscui
19-11-04, 15:58
beta is over

the 4months begin

god the pain

StryfeX
19-11-04, 18:49
The WoW beta was really fun. I have not had that excitement and joy from being a newbie since I started Neocron. And unlike a lot of MMOs *cough* Evercrack *cough* you can go almost completely solo if you want. Its also nice as tradeskills are separate from combat skills so you can have up to two main tradeskills and an unlimited amount of secondary tradeskills on any character.

So nice. I'm seriously considering getting it.

--Stryfe

DigestiveBiscui
19-11-04, 19:10
i'm pre ordering when i can - and come feb, nc goes bye bye :p

ZyproN
19-11-04, 21:00
Damn US OB down :mad: :mad: :mad: Now i have to wait for the stresstest/OB For us EU people, already preordered stresstest/ob for EU.

A bit about the game, if anyone of you ever ever ever have seen the dragon Onyxia and the move where 30 people levels 60 try to kill it man its fucking nice to see that you need like 200 people to kill something you need for epic, the game is nice you can either level alone or level with others in ELITE caves, there is elite caves for every levels just not elite caves all of them. You don't need a full team of people to get nice items couse nearly all the mobs you kill in the game has a chance to drop a item you could need (ofcourse if the mobs are low levels they drop items for low levels people and so on.)

Personaly i like the game if you need any help the GM are fast to help like 5-15 min. Not many bugs what I have seen of, classes nice balanced, if you are druid vs shaman you both have same chances (ofcourse if the shaman is buffed and the druid isn't there is big chance that the druid will lose) But if they are both buffed up its a pretty close fight, so the classes are nice balanced, so its matter of weapon and skills to defeat your enemy.

There is also big raids you gather up a place with 40 people and starts to run to where you are heading sometimes it can take a bit to run up there but its a fun and long trip. ( It can be hard to raid with 40+ people specialy when some people just are stupid and don't know to play games )

If you need a new game give it a try if you dont get into the OB then try 10 days trial ;)

GL people!

Herbitt
19-11-04, 22:37
this game has made me see the light and freed me from neocrack

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 02:43
the phrase "Camelot with Warcraft skins" was used to describe it by a couple of RL mates in the beta...

i have lost any interest i had

Tratos
20-11-04, 02:51
I havnt read this thread but i bet its a point and click?

the last time i played a point and click i was so bored i would alt tab while killing things, to read the NC Forums,

NC 4 Life :p or untill Twlight what ever its called in 06, lol

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 03:09

the last time i played a point and click i was so bored i would alt tab while killing things, to read the NC Forums,

NC 4 Life :p or untill Twlight what ever its called in 06, lol

ffrom what i hear... click to target, then do x attack / spell etc...

think DAoC combat

J. Folsom
20-11-04, 15:19

the last time i played a point and click i was so bored i would alt tab while killing things, to read the NC ForumsThe most basic fighting is point and click, but nearly every class you can play already starts out with some combat skills to use. That and the combat goes pretty quick, even if you've just started out you won't need more than a minute to kill anything (Well, anything you're supposed to kill at that point anyway).

Let's take a typical fight as the Rogue class as an example:

1. You sneak up on and backstab your enemy, this earns you a combo point. (Combo points are a rogue only thing they need to get for certain moves)
2. Use a few more skills while fighting to build up some more combo points.
3. Unleash one of your special moves.

It doesn't sound that special I suppose, but you can build up a full combo in approximately 30 seconds.

It's also pretty cool there's a significant difference in the play style of each of the classes, as the skills and abilities you get are significantly different.

I personally liked the game, and I'm considering leaving Neocron for it once it's released here in Europe.

SilKK
20-11-04, 19:21
neocron is jsut to fuxing boring to play anymore cancled my accounts weeks ago

least its somat new wich the staff actually work to get better and make regular announcements

Nidhogg
20-11-04, 19:41
least its somat new wich the staff actually work to get better and make regular announcements
Yeah, cos it's not like the theme weeks are anything like that is it? :/

N

Doc Holliday
20-11-04, 19:46
neocron is jsut to fuxing boring to play anymore cancled my accounts weeks ago

im sure the community misses u ;)

Darth Slayer
20-11-04, 20:53
im sure the community misses u ;)
Sorry missing who ?....... :D

Scorpius.

Jesterthegreat
20-11-04, 20:54
Sorry missing who ?....... :D

Scorpius.

Someone who can't spell

SilKK
20-11-04, 23:28
lol suck ups oh nidhoggs posted lets say somat to impress him rofl get a life

SilKK
20-11-04, 23:37
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
21-11-04, 03:17
lol suck ups oh nidhoggs posted lets say somat to impress him rofl get a life

thats me... nothing but a fanboi!

ask nid

:edit: you quit the game.. .ad you still come here to post non-constructive trolls? and we should get a life?

we all have different opinions of nid... but when hes right hes right.

:edit2: infact looking again no one even replied to nid's post...

paranoia > you

DigestiveBiscui
21-11-04, 14:09
thmese weeks are too late imo

but that's just me - i still have active neocron accounts until EU WoW - which isn't for another 4 months. So i can sit back and see if NC2 does actually become a decent game :)

shodanjr_gr
22-11-04, 01:39
I really want it to arrive soon. But i will contend myself to my free month of EQ2 that i got with buying the game. It is quite good id say. Awsome gfx, a relaxing-yet fun- combat system. A good tradeskilling system. A non-fuxed up economy :P. I like it. If anyone plays on Antonia Bayle, try /tell a chick half-elf mage named Asusia. Thats meh :)

Cytaur
22-11-04, 08:54
WoW = win
WoW > NC > insert about 100 other MMOs here > EQ2

Point and click ? Well what an irony... isn't NC point and click too ?

ZyproN
22-11-04, 13:34
The combat in WoW isn't bad at all, its a new way to fight and to the guys who don't tryed it yet, its not borring at all to fight like that ;)

Nidhogg
22-11-04, 14:00
Point and click ? Well what an irony... isn't NC point and click too ?
Only for dead people.

N

Polar
22-11-04, 14:11
The combat in WoW isn't bad at all, its a new way to fight and to the guys who don't tryed it yet, its not borring at all to fight like that ;)

tryed it, ...still borring :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
23-11-04, 00:01
Only for dead people.

N

lol

@Cytaur

WoW sounds like it has the DAoC (click on enemy... click attacks / press buttons for attacks).

you really compare that to the fast paced, adrenaline filled perma aiming combat in NC?

DigestiveBiscui
23-11-04, 00:59
lol

@Cytaur

WoW sounds like it has the DAoC (click on enemy... click attacks / press buttons for attacks).

you really compare that to the fast paced, adrenaline filled perma aiming combat in NC?

sounds like

u havent played it?

nuff said - shut up

BeaNo
23-11-04, 02:39
Considering WoW was in open beta when I started playing it, I was amazed at how good it was. I played alot of it like I was playing a single player game and it was as much fun as it was as an online game. The levelling process is a joy rather than a grind, that there gives it a huge advantage over most mmo's. PvP was a great laugh, I was involved in a huge raid of around 40 v 30 in the last day of open beta, on an american server and my ping never reached more than 250. The game is so unbelievably smooth and well ran, another huge advantage it gains on most. In comparison to recent open betas I have tried this pisses on all of them.

There are a few things I would like changed (add pvp loot, make people have to declare pvp ready before they can attack in faction owned lands and edit the chat system slightly, there my main gripes) But other than that they have the core for a great game. Not just a great mmo, but an all round great game.

/edit Also forgot to mention the Tradeskill aspect to the game, which is superb aswell. Fishermen > Researchers :D

Jesterthegreat
23-11-04, 03:59
sounds like

u havent played it?

nuff said - shut up

if you actually bothered to read my posts you would know i havent played it...

i am going by info from a RL mate (as i said in a previous post). i am entitled to my opinion just as mysch as you... so how about i dont shut up?

Clive tombstone
23-11-04, 04:43
I play eq2, anyone on Luc-danleer? Hit me up if you need a lv 20 Human male monk named Anaslt (hehe, Im such a nerd, thats my jedi name, what can I say though, I cant think of names =P)

PS-jester, heres some info, Take EVERYTHING everyone tells you with a grain of salt, trust me, in the words of my granpa, "Dont knock it till, youv tried it"

Doc Holliday
23-11-04, 11:39
Only for dead people.

N

and monks.

D.

DigestiveBiscui
23-11-04, 16:14
and monks.

D.

and drones

DB.

Nidhogg
23-11-04, 17:04
Yes of course, because as we all know with either Monks or drones you can target an enemy, press a button and then go and grab a cold one from the fridge while you wait for the maths to run. My bad.

N

J. Folsom
23-11-04, 17:06
It is basically like that yes, but from what I've heard from others it's a lot faster than DAoC's combat is.

I've never played DAoC myself, so I can't really compare the two however...

shodanjr_gr
23-11-04, 17:11
Yes of course, because as we all know with either Monks or drones you can target an enemy, press a button and then go and grab a cold one from the fridge while you wait for the maths to run. My bad.

N

Has anyone considered the possibility of someone wanting to play a game that does not require the reflexes of Neo while on bullet time ?

Nidhogg
23-11-04, 17:35
Has anyone considered the possibility of someone wanting to play a game that does not require the reflexes of Neo while on bullet time ?
I hear there are some really great fishing sims out there these days. ;)

N

MaGn0lia
23-11-04, 17:44
I am a huge fan of RTS games, they don't need lightning fast reflexes, but I allso am in a Natural-Selection clan that needs you to use your head and mouse. And not to lead you off, but next time you play a REAL fps online compare it to neocron and you'll see how far off neocron is from a REAL fps.

There is a world of difference between a kinda-like-fps-mmorpg and a real fastpaced fps.

Darth Slayer
23-11-04, 17:46

N
Well so far Nid's ahead on points here........ :lol:

Scorpius.

shodanjr_gr
23-11-04, 22:21

N

Hehehee, seriously now, some people get their FPS dosage from other games (for instance Counterstrike). AFAIAC, i find it more relaxing to sit down and play eq2 than nc (it might be that i suck on the second one though as well :P).

Anywayz, BRING ON WOW!!!!

Jesterthegreat
24-11-04, 01:31
i like RTS's... dawn of war in particular at the moment. RTS's require knowledge and tactics, NC requires reactions as well (less tactics as the NC tastics are 1. Zerg 2. get more PPU's)

as for FPS's... heres the short list of what i play / played...

Half Life
Counter Strike (since real early beta... colts with scopes > you)
Day of Defeat
Team Fortress Classic
The Specialists
Doom 3
Half Life 2
Unreal Tornement (from UT - UT2k4)
Return to Castle Wolfenstien
Enemy Territory

of course these are all fairly recent... im not even gonna go into the origional Doom, Unreal, Wolfenstien, etc

of those the one i played most (online) was The Specialists... comparing that to NC i would say its very similar. i accept the *need* to aim in NC snt the same as spraying in FPS's, but its a hell of alot more exiting than (as Nid said) clicking on an enemy, clicking attack and occasionally bothering to press a special move.

if i wanted that kinda combat im spoilt for choice. DAoC, AO, UO (to a lesser extent... you had to aim eachtime on that), SWG... the list of turn based (whether you are free to move in combat or not, its turn based) games goes on and on. now i played DAoC for a few years, i had a european account and an American account... so dont say i havent tried those kinda games. i have said i havent played WoW... but from what i have heard from people i know i wont be paying to try it. if the europeon open beta is fully open i may DL it and give it a bash (most of open beta should be stress testing anyway so i see no problem with that :p)

DigestiveBiscui
24-11-04, 12:41
WoW only in US atm

why do they have to be so harsh :(

Siygess
24-11-04, 16:31
Eh, it's not so bad - I mean, if you check Blizzards UK website you can read the press statement where they say that, come the European release in Feb, you will actually be able to buy the standard edition *AND* the collectors edition. IMHO thats actually quite significant, because most PC games shipping with an alternate "Collectors Edition" never get sold out side of the US (discounting your friend and mine, Mr Ebay).

/me nudges the SWG collectors edition back into the bin where it belongs.

That Blizzard are actually going to do this shows that they do care. Even if it's just > < that much. I haven't played it WoW yet, but as I've enjoyed most of Blizzards games (I particularly like Warcrafts art style), I'm very tempted to buy it, but there are one or two things that are worrying me. Every MMORPG I have followed since I started playing NC starts with the beta players saying how great the game is, and how fun combat is, and how it's not just another treadmill. And within six months, the developers always turn that on it's head. Take a look at SWG, CoH*, or even (shock horror) NC..

All good games in their own right, but almost unrecognisable from late beta / early retail in many respects. Balances and tweaks take their toll and the game changes. It rarely makes a game better or worse, just different.

Eh, I'm off to find one of those fishing games Nid was talking about.

* I'm still interested in trying this. I don't give a toss about PvP, so I think it might be the game for me.. but, eh, I dunno.

Terayon
25-11-04, 03:19
Well right now you people in neocron arnt missing much. The lag on servers is incredable. I mean the servers are at a constant 1500-2500 people on and they could be higher if the blizzard team hadent lowered the caps until people get settled. It takes 5 minutes to loot a corpse. And when you die it takes 5 minutes to become a ghost. Yesterday there wasent any lag and tons of people are on. Now the lag is unbearable.

My name is runst, on kel' thuzad. Im a dwarf hunter lvl 8. And my ping is 110 MS. Thats a nice change from 210+ :P

I was realy enjoying wow when i could play it. Its diffrent becouse you heal fast and fights are faster then most rpgs. The hud is great to use and not cumbersum at all. I actualy enjoy doing the quests and you arnt forced to play in a team.

SilKK
25-11-04, 23:25
i just pre ordered ! go me!

also when i pre ordered it sayed release date december 17th as that the opening of the last beta ?

Herbitt
25-11-04, 23:37
i think so

does anyone know any payment methods, i need to know now >.<

can i use anything but credit card ;o

SilKK
25-11-04, 23:53
i used solo herbie jnr at gameplay.co.uk

Herbitt
26-11-04, 10:04
no silkkie

i mean to pay per month

darknessfairy
26-11-04, 10:52
if wow rally does go into open beta properly, ike i'll try it, but in all honesty i'm not gunna preorder a game which i don't know whether i can/want to/enjoy playing etc.

if anyone see's the EU beta going properly open let me know. i really need to try this.

-df-

Maui
26-11-04, 11:08
tried us open beta, lag to zie max -_-'

also I thought it was pretty boring.

I played on the PvP server and I coudnt even kill allies -_-'

carebear game tbh ;x

darknessfairy
26-11-04, 11:14
carebear game tbh ;x
my sorta game then ;) w00t

darknessfairy
26-11-04, 12:27
sorry for double post, but i couldnt edit...and i didnt wanna open another thread... can you preorder the CE of WoW? cos all i can see is the SE... ?

Liebestoter
26-11-04, 12:33
I was in Alpha for WoW - Don't sue me Blizzard! I'm not breaking the NDA now!

Fun game for PvM, I guess, pretty graphics, nothing is too painfully mundane like NC's tradeskilling.

The PvP, at the time I quit, was pointless as fuck. No loot. Hell with it.

Carebear to the max.
Would consider playing if they had a cutthroat PvP server.

BeaNo
26-11-04, 12:35
Would consider playing if they had a cutthroat PvP server.

Thats what I am hoping for, PvP loot can only make the game alot better.

Maui
26-11-04, 12:36
indeed, I play NC cus its fckin hardcore, pvm just doesnt give me the experiance im looking for in an MMORPG.

darknessfairy
26-11-04, 13:06
lolz it does me

im not into pvp i love pvm thats what makes the game for me :p

DigestiveBiscui
26-11-04, 14:00
just rang up GAME (the only company blizzard put down as an official pre-order on there site) and they haven't get the fucking deliveries in yet

+ does anyone know where i can pre-order the collectors edition in the UK for its release?

BeaNo
26-11-04, 14:18
indeed, I play NC cus its fckin hardcore, pvm just doesnt give me the experiance im looking for in an MMORPG.

LOL

Yeah LE chips, safezones and one item drops which need to be hacked. Fecking hardcore.

Biccy try the Game site, www.game.net, they have something mentioned about the pre release there. Also check the wow site, they give u a link where u can preorder it. :D

DigestiveBiscui
26-11-04, 15:37
went on the wow eu webby and order my collectors edition to the UK for Ģ49.99 :D with first day delivery :D

love it

www.gameplay.co.uk it was

ZyproN
26-11-04, 15:42
Weee i got my BETA Key today + order WOW !! ;)!!!

Xylaz
26-11-04, 16:33
ok here's a question then. I've looked at WoW hompage, listened to opinions, it all looks nice, but can anyone explains the pvp/fight rules in WoW?
Is it only red vs blue or there any possibilities? What about the loot? Any chances for that? Any Blizzard plans for something more realistic than it is now?

Doc Holliday
26-11-04, 16:44
and drones

DB.

when the hood works.

D.

DigestiveBiscui
26-11-04, 16:53
when the hood works.

D.

hood? hud?

DB.

BeaNo
26-11-04, 16:55
ok here's a question then. I've looked at WoW hompage, listened to opinions, it all looks nice, but can anyone explains the pvp/fight rules in WoW?
Is it only red vs blue or there any possibilities? What about the loot? Any chances for that? Any Blizzard plans for something more realistic than it is now?

On the pvp server, neutral regions its a case of you can be attacked anytime by your enemy. In the faction owned places your enemies can be attacked at anytime, once you attack them or use the /pvp command you can be attacked by any enemies. Afaik it is only red v blue, atm there is no pvp loot which I hope and most people I have spoke to hope will be changed sometime. There was something about a Honour ranking for pvp or something, I don't know much about it myself, check the wow forums.

As for the realism I don't know what you mean, it's the warcraft series, how realistic were they? O_o

Terayon
26-11-04, 23:44
I play wow becouse its fun and i have yet to discover a bug. If i want pvp i will play hl2 mods or ut2004. They have alot better pvp then neocron has ATM.

Oh and servers dont lag anymore. Took them one day to fix the lag issues perfectly.

DigestiveBiscui
26-11-04, 23:47
Oh and servers dont lag anymore. Took them one day to fix the lag issues perfectly.

bingo - i havent seen a fix for the recent nc patch for about 2 weeks and counting

spongeb0b
27-11-04, 00:14
went on the wow eu webby and order my collectors edition to the UK for Ģ49.99 :D with first day delivery :D

love it

www.gameplay.co.uk it was
i cant find the preorder of collecters edition there :wtf: i want it :( where can i get it?

edit:: lol i was out for 3 hours... i missed it omg! sux0r

BeaNo
27-11-04, 00:15
I heard the CE is sold out from gameplay now.

DigestiveBiscui
27-11-04, 00:54
I heard the CE is sold out from gameplay now.

yup

and everyone is the wow forum is complaining because its sold out and this should not happen...and they shouldn't release the pre-order as people were at work

whatever - it's a LIMITED EDITION collectors edition sooooo....they don't have as many as standard :p

Smiley
27-11-04, 00:59
Got my pre-order package a couple of hours ago. :p

bounty
27-11-04, 03:06
I'm really having a ball with this game, very addictive. Got a level 13 NE preist atm. Fun stuff.

Jesterthegreat
27-11-04, 14:44
If i want pvp i will play hl2 mods or ut2004. They have alot better pvp then neocron has ATM.

if i want PvM ill dust off the old fallout games, not pay for an MMORPG to hunt NPC's...

BeaNo
27-11-04, 16:18
if i want PvM ill dust off the old fallout games, not pay for an MMORPG to hunt NPC's...

If I want both I will play WoW.

Terayon
27-11-04, 23:04
Well im paying for wow for more then hunting npc's. First the game is incredably huge. Show me another game that massive with so much content for so cheap. I mean for 4 months and the game its a total of what... 90$ CDN? Thats more gameplay then any single player game can offer. Not only that but its being added to and you can play it with your friends.

40$Poser
27-11-04, 23:27
not fatals, hardly any lag whatsoever for me (broadband for the win)

large playerbase. Missions to run and actually level off of and benefit from.

way more servers, tons of stuff to do. Worth the money, worth the 15 a month (us).

so far ran very well by blizzard

Redd Harvest
28-11-04, 01:03
craebrae game... even test 4 (with it's legion of pk clans) was tres crae.
it's all very well done gayness tho', so it may take you a while to realise.

maybe when they've elaborated on the pvp things will be better but
a) I won't be around to find out,
b) who'd want to play, or trust the devs of, a game that has pvp details as such an afterthought,
c) honour system? lol that tells me that it's crae to the core. so what if i kill a nibber? it's just an 'artificial' system to babysit the sensitive/friendless... and it will be exploited, and
d) instanced dungeons... lol, that smells of "it's my party and i don't want to be ganked/griefed/camped"... again, putting open competition and that player versus player element that's sooo gooood onto the back-burner, until everyone's in agreement and all happily flagged for a bit of (penalty-free) combat.
pah.

i dunno, i get a feeling there's a considerable element of pk ignorance in blizzard (or at least in the dept that pulls the strings) and if they pull off a good open combat model it'll be after masses of trial and error, by which time the craes will have got the thing twisted into something far worse and more deeply broken anyway. fuck the direction of mmorpgs and all the twats who are making them single player, 'you can rescue the princess 'cos ur a special little snowflake' affairs.

for craes and pseudo-pks (i.e those who've recently jumped on the 'I call myself a pvp'er 'cos it's cool and i'll use the term pvp to describe myself everywhere i go and even have little holdy-hand communities of likeminded, bought the outfit, scene-whores' bandwagon), it's a winner.

my first impression was OMG it's EQ... then, because the patheticness of games these days make you do it, I actually told lies to myself to make me think the game was going somewhere and was edgy and exciting... then I got a reality check and now go back to my original assessment. it's rebadged EQ marketed at a demographic that has a similar mindset to those who think they can buy 'punk' or whatever the latest rehashed lifestyle is from a store, i.e my aforemention 'pvpers'.

seriously, i believe the days of good, lawless killin in online worlds are over... purely because of the size of the potential market that's there if you make it all happy and friendly and safe. If u weren't there back in the day you missed out, and now you're nothing but wannabe's clinging to the magic and romance of the stories you heard about that took place long, long ago... and won't be repeated online until the next, totally unplanned and un-anticipated, gaming revolution hits (and more same-old-same-old mmogs ain't gonna be the ones to hit that spot).

regardless, whatever it is, I pray to god you herd of fucks don't find it and ruin it before i get to play.

DigestiveBiscui
28-11-04, 11:22
craebrae game... even test 4 (with it's legion of pk clans) was tres crae.

what does that mean? i've been trying to sort it out in my head for a while now :p

Jesterthegreat
28-11-04, 19:25
what does that mean? i've been trying to sort it out in my head for a while now :p

very crap? i imagine its something like that

BlackwooD
30-11-04, 04:32
Just opened the box. Time to see what all the fuzz is about. :D

NS_CHROME54
30-11-04, 19:48
Initially I was quite skeptical about World of Warcraft. However lately with all the attention it's been getting, and the glowing review from Gamespot (9.5, the highest scored mmo BY FAR), I might just decide to try it out.

Jesterthegreat
30-11-04, 20:47
Just opened the box. Time to see what all the fuzz is about. :D

16 hours later and no reply... you think BlackwooD likes it?

Carinth
30-11-04, 23:55
Keep yer feet on the ground!

I'm lovin wow with my dwarvish Priest. It's so addictive! It has the same formula that got me addicted to NC, consistant rewards and a decent leveling pace. The big thing is you can go solo or group as you want.

BeaNo
01-12-04, 01:23
It has the same formula that got me addicted to NC, consistant rewards

:wtf:

I must have missed that.

Jesterthegreat
01-12-04, 01:36
:wtf:

I must have missed that.

its the little number above your head. its linked to your epenis.

the more hours you grind in bordom the bigger your rank, and therefore epenis.

oh btw this isnt a dig at carnith... its just a random poor attempt at humour. i dont see the rewards in NC other than killing people an earning the right to spam on trade til everyone mutes you.

BlackwooD
01-12-04, 02:03
16 hours later and no reply... you think BlackwooD likes it?

LOL. has that much time gone by already ? 8| . I likey, a little cartonish for my eyes. But as for the game play itself. Wow!! I had no idea a mmo could run that smoothly. Sometimes I think its not. The world is huge. lots to do. I willing to bet I will have not ventured the first map completely before they release an expansion. I also like the npc interface. Being such a low based char atm, its hard to say. Im going to give this one its fare amount of time though. Im playing on blackhand. join me :D and ofcorse my name remains the same. BlackwooD :cool:

Might be joining the illidan server tonight though :/ . Just got word from a friend thats there.

Jesterthegreat
01-12-04, 02:42
LOL. has that much time gone by already ? 8| . I likey, a little cartonish for my eyes. But as for the game play itself. Wow!! I had no idea a mmo could run that smoothly. Sometimes I think its not. The world is huge. lots to do. I willing to bet I will have not ventured the first map completely before they release an expansion. I also like the npc interface. Being such a low based char atm, its hard to say. Im going to give this one its fare amount of time though. Im playing on blackhand. join me :D and ofcorse my name remains the same. BlackwooD :cool:

Might be joining the illidan server tonight though :/ . Just got word from a friend thats there.

its been 22 hours now...

BlackwooD
01-12-04, 03:33
I have a new complaint about WoW. Both the servers I play on are FULL .... :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
01-12-04, 03:37
I have a new complaint about WoW. Both the servers I play on are FULL .... :rolleyes:

play neocron... theres just about room for 1 more player on our servers... :p

BlackwooD
01-12-04, 07:42
^ lies. lol

sultana
09-12-04, 18:38
i wanna know what kind of pvp system world of warcraft has, is it like neocron (as i like the neocron pvp system) or what? could anyone try to explain to me what the pvp system is like, how you fight ect. from reading posts on WoW forums, i can't really get a good glimpse on how the pvp system is like, but maybe some of you do seeing you prolly played a bit of it no?

thx

Skuld

Capt. Rik
09-12-04, 18:52
I can't help you directly but have a link to the WoW PVP forums...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.aspx?fn=wow-pvp

Maui
10-12-04, 09:17
well... u cant kill allies thats for sure.

SilKK
10-12-04, 23:48
like you shouldnt be able to unless its a seperate clan war system COUGH NEOCRON

Nidhogg
11-12-04, 00:02
Thread merged.

N

ariall
11-12-04, 00:53
I am playing on the server shadow moon, eastern time.
I brought the US import version,(50 $ , = 37 Euro :D) created my account with a fake postal code :D

Its much better then NC, or maybe i am sick of NC.