PDA

View Full Version : All the true about pistol/rifle spy

borlegan
07-11-04, 15:39
Ok, I know that there are other threads about the spy that use pistol and rifles but after reading a lot of them and asking many people I would like to ask to the experienced players and noobs about their spy pistol and spy rifle feelings.

All comments related to pvp pls.
Why ?, because many many many ppl say that a pistol spy is not viable and some say that it's ok.

I would like to ask for facts... who dare ? :)

darknessfairy
07-11-04, 15:41
slasher pwns tbh... pistol spy is very viable just ask kid kapow ;)

Singularity
07-11-04, 15:47
The high end pistols are just lower tl, they are easier to aim, you run faster and you need less weapon lore. only neg is range really

trigger hurt
07-11-04, 15:50
To me.

Pistol spies are the perfect light assault class. They aren't much use in an op fight, down in the mix cause they just can't take that much punishment. But when you want to go and a mass killing spree in enemy territory, a pistol spy is good fun.

Rifle spies though...they are best suited for the long range sniping at outdoor fights. They can be taken indoors, but outdoors is where they excel. Factor in the long range of healing light and a long stealth, and they can be used well.

kurai
07-11-04, 16:42
In a broad sense it could be argued that pistol spies are used more tactically, and rifle spies are used more strategically.

Pistolers will get more kills, numerically, but they will die a lot more frequently too.

borlegan
07-11-04, 17:36
Hmmm... not sure but seems the fun is on the pistol's side

ridec
07-11-04, 17:44
I got a pistol spy, i don't know how he is, only 92 dex, didnt use him for OP wars yet.. I rather like rifle spies, to be on a long range and snipe people and they just wonder 'Who the fuck was that?!!!11'.. That's cool tbh, and rifle spies have weapons like Healing Light, Silent Hunter and First Love that they can use, a pistol spy can only do real damage with a slasher..

SorkZmok
07-11-04, 18:31
Pistol spy is fun, but hard to play. You gotta cap dex and get high int to be viable. Also drugs are needed, 2 at least.
But as soon as you get into it, its awesome. Slasher really hurts.

I still die quite a lot though. :) (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=117899)

Rifle spies are easier to play. HL is awesome to snipe people, if they come close either stealth away. You also dont need to be on drugs all the time, if you want to you can just pop some and then get into close combat. Pistol spy drugs pretty much all the time.

Most important advice ever: Carry tons and tons of antishock, antidamageboost and antipoison drugs with you. Youre gonna need em.

Birkoff
07-11-04, 19:17
Rifles are what i think 99% of people would assosiate with a spy but pistols are the win. Lommed my pure hacker to pistols again b/c there so fun. Its a lot harder to play than a rifle spy in most situatiosn and u reply a lot of system specs as speed is everything i guess.

pistols spy = Rifles spy
Depends how long you have played the other, I'm sure rifles will seem appealing in a few weeks and pistols wil get old.

Xylaz
07-11-04, 20:05
yeah there isnt that much difference between rifles and pistols, both are pretty much deadly in the hands of spies - when played correctly and with a decent setup (drugged preferably)
Though technically, rifle spies are much powerful, but harder to play.

Slightly off topic but i have to ask... can someone tell me how (oh dear god, how) is it possible for a rifle spy to cap dmg on all high end rifles and have defenses enough to take 10+ Holy Lightning hits? 15-17 dmg per hit...

SorkZmok
07-11-04, 20:13
Slightly off topic but i have to ask... can someone tell me how (oh dear god, how) is it possible for a rifle spy to cap dmg on all high end rifles and have defenses enough to take 10+ Holy Lightning hits? 15-17 dmg per hit...
Moveon, pp chip, heat 3, maybe one of the new resist drugs. Seems to be a low health/high resist setup. Those are crap imo.
Lots of drugs anyway i guess.Or a crap HL. :p