PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with hacknet databases?

Miss Naughty
07-11-04, 14:34
I had a go at trying to access various hacknet high security databases today and had no luck. I understand that Tsunami databse might be broken, but Black Dragon wouldn't work either, I just got blank text.

I thought I'd try a few more, so I went off to TG database. I just got a load of garbled text that ended with ....ACL not verified. Tried FA, got the same.

I'm a complete hacknet noob so I'm probably doing something wrong, can anyone help?

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 14:36
do you have codebreakers?

afaik you need them to enter enemies DB's, not sure about neutrals / allies

Miss Naughty
07-11-04, 14:39
Codebreaker? No I don't have one of those.

I'll try that thanks.

Sorin
07-11-04, 14:40
I've got a BD and the BD database has never worked. Not since I first tried it in open beta, not now, and not any point in between. So as for that, it's not you.

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 14:41
i think you collect parts from hacknet mobs and recycle them with the correct receipy (sp?)

not sure though so dont take my word for fact :D

Miss Naughty
07-11-04, 14:53
Hehe thanks Sorin, that is typical of my neocron experience, spend an hour trying to do something to find out it was actually broken after all. Sigh.

shardl0r
07-11-04, 18:16
Check the hacker profession forum, I made a post in there not long ago that should cover most of your Q's, and if not, there is another long post by someone else that covers the rest :D

shRd-

trigger hurt
07-11-04, 19:23
to use any database that does not belong to your faction, you need to use codebreakers.

You recycle to make the first code breaker and it requires code breaker spines 1,2,3,4,4,5,6,6 to make. It's once time use only. To find the codebreaker spines, you have to kill faction dns mobs (60/60) and higher. There is one other code break, but I have not been able to find the last ingredient to recycle it and I am not sure what recycle skill it needs.

FatDogg
08-11-04, 07:40
not even nid was allowed to post the formulas for codebreakers in the forum... O_o

Bugs Gunny
08-11-04, 10:50
Well, that's since they work for KK.

The recipies are all over the internet allready, posted by runners so there's no point in editing this post.