PDA

View Full Version : RPOS Replacement...

MjukisDjur
07-11-04, 12:06
I need one bad.
The new nc2 rpos looks so damn bad I cannot play the game.

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 12:09
if you are gonna post on the forums at least read them...

its coming

:edit: and i have no problem playing the game... some people are such drama queens

MjukisDjur
07-11-04, 12:15
did a search and looked back about 10 pages.... must have missed it

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 12:20
do you at least read patchnotes?

- Updated HUD code (partially preparing clients for the upcomming HUD update)

from 115&116

Argent
07-11-04, 12:22
There'll be few alternative huds, including the one from nc1 afaik, in the near future so relax mate.

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 12:24
I'm curioius as to why you "cannot play the game" with the current RPOS?

dem0n
07-11-04, 13:07
lol yeah :P, same here. it looks better than NC1, more stylish... yes it's a bit bigger but I use F* keys so everything goes as fast as in NC1.

tomparadox
07-11-04, 17:54
yes, why cant you play the game with this HUD? i can do it fine :p i like it better than the old one but id rather have the one from NC pro...

Spermy
07-11-04, 18:13
I can generally use it okay - however - I would prefer the NC1 - just with the bars for XP for NC2 and the player health soullight tab from NC2 also :)

Holger Nathrath
08-11-04, 10:21
We will implant a different version for the in-game R.P.O.S. It will be more simplistic and basically just replace the most important graphics. The point is, that we where busy implanting it when we started the theme weeks. Now the droners are totally in the focus. So they will get an HUD enhancement first :p . But be sure we will finalize and activate the alternative R.P.O.S. asap and than you will be able to choose a version in the options menu. :)

Xylaz
08-11-04, 11:47
just to add...
...you sure you have tried all other available huds? /set gfx_hudcolor 0-9 is the command.

djskum
08-11-04, 11:55
Will we be able to change the opacity of the hud? Being able to make the chat window opaque would be lovely!

Also there is alot of "fluf" around the outside of the windows that clutter up your screen and make it harder to do things. The edges of the windows are not as well defined so switching between windows is a drag.

So all in all, good news that we can choose a simpler HUD.

DjSKum

MasterBee
08-11-04, 12:12

All you need to do is play in 800*600. I have to, because 1024*768 makes the font too small to be read confortably on my 17" monitor. :(
I absolutely hate the new RPOS because its bloated, ugly and lacks functionality...
And, *cough*, who said its stylish? It's kitsch...
They would do best by just putting the old RPOS as an option, i bet it would take 1 hour to do that... But ill take any replacement tbh :)

Ascension
08-11-04, 12:20
We will implant a different version for the in-game R.P.O.S. It will be more simplistic and basically just replace the most important graphics. The point is, that we where busy implanting it when we started the theme weeks. Now the droners are totally in the focus. So they will get an HUD enhancement first :p . But be sure we will finalize and activate the alternative R.P.O.S. asap and than you will be able to choose a version in the options menu. :)

are you guys 'down' with submission of custom rpos, which my be implemented into the game? or is that another No No !? :)

MasterBee
08-11-04, 12:34
are you guys 'down' with submission of custom rpos, which my be implemented into the game? or is that another No No !? :)

Yo, im down wit dat! :D
But allow me to get excited once I see it implemented in game... *cough* mechs *cough* ;)

Ascension
08-11-04, 12:36
Yo, im down wit dat! :D
But allow me to get excited once I see it implemented in game... *cough* mechs *cough* ;)

lol dude, dont bring mechs into the equation :p They aint coming no more!

Anyways Holger has recently kept to his promises.. lets just wait and see ;)

MasterBee
08-11-04, 12:56
lol dude, dont bring mechs into the equation :p They aint coming no more!

See, that's EXACTLY my point ;)
Admittedly, lately KK have done more in terms of keeping promises / informing us of developments than during entire NC1 time.
I'm just having a Disillusionment Day(tm) , is all ;)

Seven
08-11-04, 19:28

Holger is starting to = teh win.

Community communication
Direction
Focus
And there seems to be some actual "planning ahead" in place. :)

Vid Gamer
08-11-04, 20:04

To make it easier on you guys, just have the option to switch between the NC1 and NC2 RPOS.

Also, an assortment of reticles to choose from would be cool, too. :)

Tratos
08-11-04, 20:33

Community communication
Direction
Focus
And there seems to be some actual "planning ahead" in place. :)

I do fully agree with your points :) KK is being DRIVEN now and not coasting along i hope it keeps up :).

---------------------------
Also, i know the modification of game files is not aloud but perhaps once the game is more on the rails than off have an RPOS design competition where you could give the community a screenshot from the game to lay a Photoshop created RPOS on as in just designing and then chosing a winner, refining and implementing :)

Kiel
08-11-04, 20:34
To make it easier on you guys, just have the option to switch between the NC1 and NC2 RPOS.

Also, an assortment of reticles to choose from would be cool, too. :)

Sounds like the plan, is there any hud's out there that are allowed by kk?

El_MUERkO
09-11-04, 14:49
Holgar let people submit potential huds then KK can concentrate on other stuff, theres been some great huds made in the past just look at the one that was with NeolauncherPro.

Agent L
09-11-04, 15:31
just to add...
...you sure you have tried all other available huds? /set gfx_hudcolor 0-9 is the command.
Size is the problem, not color.

Omnituens
09-11-04, 15:37
yeah.. but MJS was probably more pimp.

get your pic in the RL pic thread Holger!

greendonkeyuk
09-11-04, 17:01
lol omnituens, would you rather he be visually appealing or good at his job....

i know which option im voting for.

good work so far kk, the feedback has been wonderful. Although i cant see what the problem is with the hud. The only minor glitch i have is moving the windows around and that funny arm bug that some monks get.