PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet, Problems, Thoughts, Idea's

QuickFix
06-11-04, 14:39
Firstly the problem i am getting

http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/3-hacknet%20error.jpg

is this normal?

i can go to my own faction security database without receiving this and i can go to CA's aswell.

but when i go to NEXT's i get this babbel.

----------------------------------

Thoughts.

So after about an hour being tought last night (thanks ezekiel stone) what to do and finding my way round i have a few issues.

1) the problem with falling off the edge of the narrow runways, this isnt a problem unless you have skilled athletics from i can see. i had 50 ath, ive lommed it now and its not a problem as i dont slide when i run. but this has a bad effect on the fact outside of hacknet i cant move, im like a 0/2 noob.

2) Mob damage, i can take on 4 or 5 60/60 mobs, which imo is ok. i can also take on 1 or 2 80/80 mob if im careful and make sure to keep a heal on myself. However if i go to kill a 30/30 it wastes me in seconds.

accepted this is probably on KK's list to fix, so maybe not such an issue.

I went through hacknet to the CM area, now being PP and neutral ididnt think i would be automatically attacked as soon i zoned through, however i was and subsequently died in 2 hits with 471 HP and a defence spell cast on me.

Is this the desired mob damage? or was i doing somehting wrong?

---------------------------------------

Idea's

Reduce mob damage, if i was still a rifle spy i would be able to take on 100/100 mobs with an average setup, as long as only 1 mob was attacking me at a time.

Implement a barrier on the walkways to prevent people falling off, or reduce reset position within hacknet to 30 seconds or so, as the 2 minutes is damn annoying.

and lastly the possibility of implementing the hacknet map that is available on synergyxr's website into hacknet, most people dont now it exists.
I will try to find the link to it

Quickfix

p.s help with the error please

[edit] http://nc.synergyxr.net/files/maps/hacknet_geo.jpg

dem0n
06-11-04, 14:44
Insane mob damage is a known issue. In my TS lvl 3 infected storage levels, I kill the first mob which probably isn't bugged, but then the other mobs waste half of my HLT with one shot. Hacknet has many issues even as we speak, but after the drone week I hope we either expect a HN week [to finally fix it and implement ideas which were expected in NC2] or a Player Shop week [to finally implement player shops, something we've all expected to see in NC2].

QuickFix
06-11-04, 14:50
so have you seen the error im getting before?

sanityislost
06-11-04, 15:04
As far as i know that isnt an error, you need a codebreaker to gain access to the high sec next database.....but about all the other stuff you mentioned yup
that needs fixed

SiL..:..

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:08
As far as i know that isnt an error, you need a codebreaker to gain access to the high sec next database.....but about all the other stuff you mentioned yup
that needs fixed

yeah... the error seems to be that you can access the CA database

QuickFix
06-11-04, 15:12
that needs fixed

ah that would explain it then.

where do i get a codebreaker from ?

sanityislost
06-11-04, 15:12
yeah... the error seems to be that you can access the CA database

aint sure if he is allied with CA (havent seen the NC2 pro-city line up lol) but if
he is, could have something to do with it...will go and try the TG database later
to check this out.

edit: Kill rank 60/60 daemons (in faction DNS's) and loot the parts they drop,
find someone with rec and build :)

SiL ..:..

QuickFix
06-11-04, 15:57
aint sure if he is allied with CA (havent seen the NC2 pro-city line up lol) but if
he is, could have something to do with it...will go and try the TG database later
to check this out.

edit: Kill rank 60/60 daemons (in faction DNS's) and loot the parts they drop,
find someone with rec and build :)

so what do you think about implementing the hacknet map ?

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 16:00
if its easy to code 2 seperate maps into the game (one normal and the HN one when you are in HN) then i think its a good idea... even though you werent askin me :p

sanityislost
06-11-04, 16:09
sure add it, but after awhile its kinda hard to get lost :p