PDA

View Full Version : New mob & location

athon
06-11-04, 12:31
Hi all,

Does anyone have any information / screenshots on the new mob / location that Lupus was testing last night on Terra?

Athon Solo

Darkana
06-11-04, 12:55
More like a test than a new mob. I doubt they will let it loose outside of an event :D See attachments for pics (mob & loot).

Edit: Maybe I should add my first impressions I got in the crystal cave. In the entrance room you have the hurler for the Crahn epic. New mob? No. I took the right path deeper into the cave when in an instant a lot of people faded in and most of them dropped dead instantly. I was like 8|. But there were a few alive, so it can't be that bad. So I continued to progress deeper in. Then I saw it. Small dragonflies and a bunch of people hunting it. I knew instantly what this was about (fear the dragonfly!) :lol: I might add here that these "Lil Bastards" were as big as the 5/5 Dragonflies with all the same properties about flying around and shooting people (dead). I "picked up" a dead LE melee tank from the ground later on (hi Melchon :) ) and we teamed up to show these lil' bastards our opinion about them :D It was a lot of fun, especially when you saw a bunch of people following these little flying thingies, trying to aim and shoot :lol: Funny sidenote: they forgot one of these dragonflies, fortunately a friend on his APU and a PPU were there still to get rid of the last specimen as well (would have been fun to leave it there for all the Crahnies doing the epic ;) ).

Edit2: An unbuffed 93/93 Soulcluster got 520-something damage from such a Lil' Bastard.

Tratos
06-11-04, 13:01
O_o

/me sees 127/127 dragonfly

i want my mummy :( if those things are unleashed even PPUs are gonna know about it O_o

NONpk
06-11-04, 13:11
wow, this is also called a "new" mob.....

Tratos
06-11-04, 13:14
wow, this is also called a "new" mob.....

Yeah, models are getting a tad repetitive now...

by a tad i mean "are getting VERY repetitive".

athon
06-11-04, 13:35
And I thought the insta-kill (for the people who're going to be levelling down there) dragonfly they put in the low level sewers in DoY was bad enough!

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 14:44
Fallen Angels should breed them and set them loose on Neocron :p

QuickFix
06-11-04, 14:53
maybe we will get a new mob skin sometime in the next year O_o

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 14:59
cos mob skin should be #1 prioirity right? :rolleyes:

look at the progress theme weeks are having so far.. .almost an entire patch dedicated to it.

seems like KK has (finally) pulled the finger out. i realise we have put up with bugs and crap for a long time... but when they are actually doing something about it how about we stop bitching for a bit? :D

Spoon
06-11-04, 15:54
127/127*** Dragonfly?

Fuck that.....

Where's the "Cancel Account" button?

I'm out....

:lol:

sanityislost
06-11-04, 16:10
lol that looks evil....prolly the only mob i dont want to fight

SiL ..:..

Omnituens
06-11-04, 16:17
yeah... that thing. was talking to lupus about that.

i said id just barrel the floor then run.

netster
06-11-04, 16:27
not again a 127/127 :rolleyes: anything other new ?

Glok
06-11-04, 17:00
Don't gripe about models people... haven't we been asking for a boss dragonfly since like.. forever? :D

Spermy
06-11-04, 17:04
I died... 6 times!

Bloody insane to fight- easy enough for jawas to fight - droners as well - but anyone who has to aim - don't even bother - it's gonna brutalise ya!

I like the name :D

Off to go and get repoked aafter the mega deathlyness of last night...

so... much... pain...

SirRah
06-11-04, 17:12
If 1 of them is aggro on you one PPU can keep you alive. If 2 are aggro on you, you're fk'd.

I had a holy heal on me and stood in the heal sanctum of my PPU and died in a few hits. The biggest problem however is the small hitbox.

Those are the only monsters i'd like to not meet in a dark alley.......

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 17:20
not again a 127/127 :rolleyes: anything other new ?

"please KK dont bother adding things cos i will only bitch about them or offer little sarcastic comments..."

BlackDove
06-11-04, 18:21
Nobody gives a crap about the hitbox if you have a Tank or APU with AOE.

Yet another in line of the mobs that require you to have a PPU shoved up your ass.

Goodie.

Seven
06-11-04, 18:35
The description of the lousy datatdisk sounds alot like my old sig. :cool:

As far as that "new mob" I hope that's a joke.

J. Folsom
06-11-04, 18:52
The description of the lousy datatdisk sounds alot like my old sig. :cool:

As far as that "new mob" I hope that's a joke.Don't think it's meant to be a serious addition. At least, I definitely hope not.

jernau
06-11-04, 19:21
cos mob skin should be #1 prioirity right? :rolleyes:

look at the progress theme weeks are having so far.. .almost an entire patch dedicated to it.

seems like KK has (finally) pulled the finger out. i realise we have put up with bugs and crap for a long time... but when they are actually doing something about it how about we stop bitching for a bit? :D
New mobs and new weapon types are LONG overdue to be fair.

Maybe it could be a theme week sometime....

G.0.D.
06-11-04, 19:30
It's not 127/127 but, it still scares alot of ladys.

http://www.g0dsoft.com/neocron/shot0010.jpg

Singularity
06-11-04, 21:44
doubt they're all that hard

needing a ppu isnt bad .. its called teamwork and difficult, antisocial :p

Spermy
06-11-04, 21:45
[ edited ]

4 to a room - loads of space to fly around - and a very painful attack.

Now quit trolling.

Mr Kot
06-11-04, 22:01
I had the misfortune to run into one of those damn things just outside the Crahn church in DoY. Unlucky for me i was on my apu who gets owned by the 20/20 dragonflies :(

It took about five attempts of fizzle before one of my HL bursts actually hit tha damn thing. I would have thought that the bigger level mobs would be bigger in size.

Damn thing took me out in two hits. Dragonflies are pure "cruelty to monks".

Do i get the impression that KK don't like us monkies? They'll be nerfing us next! :p

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 22:26
New mobs and new weapon types are LONG overdue to be fair.

Maybe it could be a theme week sometime....

agree'd... i didnt say it shouldnt be done, i said it shouldnt be a priority

giga191
06-11-04, 23:43
Most of the existing mobs aren't used by people so there's not much point of adding new ones

StrongSad
07-11-04, 00:33
It managed to kill my holy buffed hybrid in 3 shots....

The name is fitting in more ways than one. :D

G.0.D.
07-11-04, 01:11
OMG the dragon fly isnt a gag mob :eek:

MrChumble
07-11-04, 02:37
Anyone moaning that this isn't a new mob needs their head examined.

It's a rank 127 dragonfly that chops tanks in half. That makes it the funniest thing ever added to the game :p

Full marks for the idea, and even if it never makes it in I had a right good laugh trying to kill one with my level 43 spy :)

naimex
07-11-04, 03:22
.... 127....

....dragonfly.....

........... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :eek: 8|

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHH !!!

Where ?? I wanna stay the fuck away from that place...

MrChumble
07-11-04, 03:36
Lupus was testing it in Crystal Caves 2 last night. It went pretty well, and it definately deserves it's name :)

I think the plan was to make it a little bigger and give it a rare weapon drop of some kind; assuming it's added to the game at all. It's such a horrible lil bastard of a mob that I really hope it is. It can be the new Apparition cave, the place where people go just to say they managed to come back :)

BlackDove
07-11-04, 04:03
Look at the nib. Pwned.

http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptblackdove/lookatthenib.jpg

What makes it funny is the chat.

jernau
07-11-04, 06:52
Most of the existing mobs aren't used by people so there's not much point of adding new ones
Is that sarcasm?

@Chumble - I agree it would be nice to have another mob that was scary as the aparition once was. Unfortunately I think those days are gone - the solution to any problem is now more PPUs :rolleyes: :(.

jini
07-11-04, 07:49
Aaah the aparition.
Naimex do you remember it?
It was fun after all. And Rez=6secs then

Blacksword
07-11-04, 07:51
i dont see how this mob is new. it looks like a dragonfly, acts like a dragonfly, but it has a different name and hits really hard. just a hard ass.....dragon fly. make the lil bastard a jet packing midget or something, just not a..dragonfly and call it new.

Glok
07-11-04, 07:59
The thing is, capped players fear the 20/20 dragonfly, and it has been a running joke on the forums about having a boss dragonfly. This is it. Sure it's not a new model or anything... but who cares? We got our evil lil bastard. :D

Dirus
07-11-04, 08:39
This mob was just something I threw together as a change of pace from the normal work I do, since as I'm sure alot of people can relate to sometimes you just need to do something different at times.

I don't have the ability to do new models, and as anyone who has looked at the Themes week forum can verify the artists/modelers have their own projects to do so I wasn't going to ask them to make a new one for it.

Whether or not this mob stays ingame past next patch hasn't been decided yet. It more or less got created due to a conversation I had, and the fact people have asked for one before.

On the topic of High Level content. If it's not hard, it's not exactly high level content is it? unfortunately Hard is only hard when it requires a PPU outside of a scripted scenario due to the fact PPU's exist, and those scenarios require alot more man hours to plan and create then just a simple mob.

It may not be exactly "new" but thats all in how you look at the definition of new. If you don't like "new" try "different".

BlackDove
07-11-04, 10:56
Not to scrutinize you dude (well actually, yes, yes to scrutinze you, just because I'm a bastard that gives $5 a month and gets to yell at someone who works for that fact), because I know you do a whole lot of good work, but seriously, what the hell?

You've got a ton of bugs, one actually being co-related to those caves, such as the fact that the players haven't even been given the full normal set of implants dropping yet (we have to rely on our NC1 vendors that transfered the imps :rolleyes: ), and a _ton_ of other bugs - and this is what actual man hour time was used for?

Okay, so someone asked for a boss dragonfly. Fine. Couldn't this pointless stuff wait until you get the obvious things ironed out? I mean I'm still waiting for a whole lot of things to be implemented that used to be the norm, before I can play normally. Hell, I think I'm still waiting on that "new NC2 skill system" that was promised in the announcment forum, supposed to be shown at retail of NC2. To the best of my knowledge, all we were given was the hacknet skill system :wtf:

The dragonfly itself, doesn't fit in with either the story, the content, the logic concept or anything else I can think of for that matter. The only thing it does do, is that it gets AOE characters, and a lot of PPU's together in one place.

That's it. That's the bottom line.

We already have a lot of places like that. MC5 and Ceres labs are some of them. If you really are going for something different, maybe you should really go for something _different_.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just a loud stupid whore for saying this, but it's just one opinion anyway, so what can it hurt, right?

MrChumble
07-11-04, 11:34
You must have missed the part where Lupus is a voluntary helper. None of your $5 a month goes to him. Give him a break, everyone needs some time out from the boring stuff now and then, especially if they're not getting paid to do it.

Neocron has been crying out for a high level dragonfly. It will be the stuff of nightmares for all ranks :D

jini
07-11-04, 11:45
Well he claims for himself the roles for "a bastard" and a "loud stupid whore".
So, there's nothing more to add...

Argent
07-11-04, 12:16
Blackdove, ignorance is a bliss, isn't it?

-----

Anyway, about the new (yes, new) mob, it's great. If many of these are located in same rooms it'll make a harder cave than ceres labs are now. Pain in the ass to hit even on apu, I can't even imagine hitting it with a rifle/cannon/pistol. Hopefully we'll see these bastards ingame somewhere where you really need to find em.

Ps. Loved the loot ;-]

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 12:31
make LoM's drop from these mobs only, WoC disc drop rate, however whole stat loms (Dex LoM releases all Dex points). adjust XP loss as it now removes all points.

with the amount of subskills there are single skill loms dropping this rarely from this hard mobs wouldnt work :p

think like respec stones in DAoC... hard to get, but wellworth it

naimex
07-11-04, 12:45
Aaah the aparition.
Naimex do you remember it?
It was fun after all. And Rez=6secs then

you enjoyed ressing me...

was so much easierback then..

dead ...... alive......... dead ...... alive...

but then they nerfed the rezz :(

dead......................................................................................alive..... ..dead

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 12:47
you enjoyed ressing me...

was so much easierback then..

dead ...... alive......... dead ...... alive...

but then they nerfed the rezz :(

dead......................................................................................alive..... ..dead

i like rez as it is (well i prefer it to the old rez)

ppu's are sill as important, but at least they dont make PvP as pointless...

people you kill arent back every 6 secs :p

jini
07-11-04, 13:53
i like rez as it is (well i prefer it to the old rez)

ppu's are sill as important, but at least they dont make PvP as pointless...

people you kill arent back every 6 secs :p
true, but made pvm a lot harder as well

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 13:59
true, but made pvm a lot harder as well

people who have played for a while rarely die in PvM... and if they do its usually MC5 etc

Seven
07-11-04, 19:06
How do you pay $5 a month is what I want to know.

giga191
07-11-04, 19:17
Is that sarcasm?
err no O_o people just like to stay in their comfy chaos caves

jernau
07-11-04, 19:25
err no O_o people just like to stay in their comfy chaos caves
I don't think that's really true. There are certainly some mobs that aren't hunted often but almost all serve some purpose or are hunted by someone.