PDA

View Full Version : [PvP] Leaving thread

SorkZmok
06-11-04, 07:43
Yah. I'm done with pvp. From now on, all im gonna do is level and collect rareparts and get rich. If i encounter an enemy, i`m gonna stealth away.

Fuck PvP. Monks are death to pvp. Death to balance. While i am still aiming with a capped pistol at point blank i already got hit by 2 HLs that did insane random damage and of course instantly broke my legs. [ edited ]

I'm done. Ban me.

whifix
06-11-04, 08:37
I hear you. Plus monks being > then bugs doesn't help. What class can shoot from around corners, through walls, not be effected by distance bugs? Good ol monks. Also it's not just the damage of the HL but the freq that is also killer.

bounty
06-11-04, 08:45
Although I partially agree [ edited ]

BlackDove
06-11-04, 09:23
You're preaching to the fucking choir.

Everyone who has rolled a character besides a monk (yet a monk too), saw this ages ago.

Babai
06-11-04, 09:49
I just wonder why KK is so relactant to at least make some sort of a reticle that a monk should keep closed if he wants to cast a spell.

Omnituens
06-11-04, 11:06
one thing to note about spells, the way the RoF is done is different

if you cast a spell, it does the "action" at the end of the "firing" cycle,

for all other weapons, you start the "action" at the beginning of the cycle, then wait until you can fire again.

granted, at 105/min the difference is minimal, but also you have to look at other factors:

Psi boosters - it takes 2-3 second to reload a weapon, it takes a good 10 seconds to refill. if you fire off a spell with only just enough psi to cast it, 50% of the time the chances are it'll miscast. weapon reloading is also automatic, monks have to time it right and reload boosters to the QB (also taking up value QB space)

Run casting - dodgy area. should full runcasting be allow on any spell? i personally say "no", walk casting/strafe casting/whatever you want to call it, yes. removing all movement casting would lead to very static PvP, because it would also affect PE's

maybe if you had to keep the crosshair on the target for 50% of the cast time.

or remove the crosshair from spells completely, but it'll be a bitch to PPU then with the current animations. you could dodge antibuffs and rez dancing would be alot harder.

Ive tried to write this post unbiased; plainly you can see im a monk, but i do play other classes.

ridec
06-11-04, 11:09
Well, it's to easy to be monk tbh, you don't need to aim, and if you had target once, you click fast, and can hit me him two more hits even if you dont got him on the aim tbh... That sucks KK, monks are totally overpowered... Especially now with ppu's :/

Zheo
06-11-04, 11:16
I took on a hybrid, he healed like a ppu and hit like an apu, didnt stand a chance, went back with 2 hour tanks, a spie and an APU, he whooped us all, in the end there where about 4 tanks, 3 spies, 2 ppus and others for just 2 hybrids

it was insaine, plus i lost like 40 soul light, prolly cos my shots hit one of the people that died.

dem0n
06-11-04, 11:27
yes and what do you people propose? that APUs must keep the person aimed in order for the spell to be cast? you'd bitch again like: omg everyone else just clicks and this their traget, while apus have to keep aim on him for 3 seconds so they could hit him.... yeah right.

bounty
06-11-04, 11:30
2 tanks a spy and a apu couldn't take out a hybrid? O_o

They are good, but not THAT good.

Anyways. TBH i'd like to see monks get a recticle, and this could work for both damage and healing. Although people will then complain that an apu that comes from behind and you don't notice will get his recticle closed and max damage EVERY TIME.

But i've always thought that a recticle for a ppu would be a great idea, it would certainly solve the bitching that Holy heal is overpowered. although, healing yourself will still be strong and the ppu himself will take no hit on invincibility.

bounty
06-11-04, 11:31
yes and what do you people propose? that APUs must keep the person aimed in order for the spell to be cast? you'd bitch again like: omg everyone else just clicks and this their traget, while apus have to keep aim on him for 3 seconds so they could hit him.... yeah right.

No, what you do is the tighter the recticle, the higher the damage. but even a loose recticle will deliver some damage at a percentage loss of the total damage possible.

QuickFix
06-11-04, 11:52
i have every class, and as such i dont see a problem in any class.

i see problems when certain classes are combined (ppu+apu)

but i cannot see any viable way to sort out the problem without driving the tiny community we have away.

dem0n
06-11-04, 12:02
No, what you do is the tighter the recticle, the higher the damage. but even a loose recticle will deliver some damage at a percentage loss of the total damage possible.you do know you can't keep aim on one person for more than 2 seconds in OP wars? I watched the FF PvP movie, the only thing the APU was good for there was antibuff. That guy had a good APU, and good FPS... and his movie shows best theres no way you can keep aim on one person for longer than 2 seconds if the before mentioned person runs around.

Which would mean APUs would do very little damage 90% of the time in PvP.

QuickFix
06-11-04, 12:24
you do know you can't keep aim on one person for more than 2 seconds in OP wars? I watched the FF PvP movie, the only thing the APU was good for there was antibuff. That guy had a good APU, and good FPS... and his movie shows best theres no way you can keep aim on one person for longer than 2 seconds if the before mentioned person runs around.

which would cause everyone to leave?

Speedball
06-11-04, 12:48
What i propose for APU is simple :
When they aim at someone, they have to wait 2 seconds, and after 2 seconds, the aim turn to red, and they can cast the spell.
Not sur if it would help a much, but it will avoid that APU can shoot and still run like hell.
(sry >> my englich is bad :angel: )

msdong
06-11-04, 12:54
ahh, the good old monk discussion.

there must be something about monks (and tanks) because they are the only ppl you see in OP fights. and i guess its not because they are a challenge to play.
same goes for energy vs fire. is anyone using fire at all ?

.Cyl0n
06-11-04, 12:56
nice idea speedball... me likes

and for the monks... they`re all overpowerd badly :o
KK did a big mistake with how they nerfed the hybrids / introduction of the DS and new spells...

and now they cba to fix it ? :o

Cliffraiser
06-11-04, 14:05
1 word.

Reticle

give monks a reticle and let damage be based on how "closed" the reticle was at that click.

LOST
06-11-04, 14:20
and line of sight.

shooting through walls, round corners etc....isn't that why the copbot rifle went?? it gave riflers an unfair advantage??

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 14:48
you do know you can't keep aim on one person for more than 2 seconds in OP wars? I watched the FF PvP movie, the only thing the APU was good for there was antibuff. That guy had a good APU, and good FPS... and his movie shows best theres no way you can keep aim on one person for longer than 2 seconds if the before mentioned person runs around.

by your reasoning anyone who isnt a monk cant aim for more than 2 secs in an op war...

so all you are doing is enforcing the opinion that monks are 100% vital to OP wars... you dont see that as an imblanace that needs fixing?

dem0n
06-11-04, 15:11
by your reasoning anyone who isnt a monk cant aim for more than 2 secs in an op war...

so all you are doing is enforcing the opinion that monks are 100% vital to OP wars... you dont see that as an imblanace that needs fixing?

no I was saying... as a pitolero you run pass the person with your slasher or whaterver, when you've got him aimed you just click and he gets shot, but you instantly loose him on aim. no one... I say no one can keep a running tank on aim for more than one or max 2 seconds. everyone just clicks when they have them aimed, now you guys are saying that a APU\PPU has to keep aim on someone for 2-3 seconds... it's impossible.

EDIT:

I'd like to see a APU kill a dragonfly or roach if this ever gets implemented.

StealthyAssassi
06-11-04, 15:13
there must be something about monks (and tanks) because they are the only ppl you see in OP fights. and i guess its not because they are a challenge to play.
Like on of my clanmates said: "The new members should stop playing their PEs and Spies - we need more Monks and Tanks for OP fights. On second thought, spies are ok too, if you use drones"...
I have only been playing since NC2 Beta, but it pisses me off.

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:14
no I was saying... as a pitolero you run pass the person with your slasher or whaterver, when you've got him aimed you just click and he gets shot, but you instantly loose him on aim. no one... I say no one can keep a running tank on aim for more than one or max 2 seconds. everyone just clicks when they have them aimed, now you guys are saying that a APU\PPU has to keep aim on someone for 2-3 seconds... it's impossible.
i aim at people in PvP / OP wars...

EDIT:

I'd like to see a APU kill a dragonfly or roach if this ever gets implemented.

my rifle PE has to aim at dragonflies for at least 2 secs to get a lock. if monks cant do it its because they are used to insta aim... when they learn real aiming skills like the other classes they will be fine :D

Like on of my clanmates said: "The new members should stop playing their PEs and Spies - we need more Monks and Tanks for OP fights. On second thought, spies are ok too, if you use drones"...
I have only been playing since NC2 Beta, but it pisses me off.

i remember when PE's were fashionable...

was almost as fun as tank'o'cron...

anything is more fun than the monk invasion :(

dem0n
06-11-04, 15:18
my rifle PE has to aim at dragonflies for at least 2 secs to get a lock. if monks cant do it its because they are used to insta aim... when they learn real aiming skills like the other classes they will be fine

yeah... but how long does that lock last... half a second or so? APUs would need atleast a 2 second lock to kill it... and for dragonflies thats impossible. Maybe if a PPU para barells the place... and I say MAYBE.

-Demon-
06-11-04, 15:19
/Gets on Spy rant box

This is why I should have spirit mod enabled again...those pesky monks would be down in no time :D :D

/Steps off box

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:22
yeah... but how long does that lock last... half a second or so? APUs would need atleast a 2 second lock to kill it... and for dragonflies thats impossible. Maybe if a PPU para barells the place... and I say MAYBE.

would it be any harder for monks than anyone else?

even if you had to aim like everyone else HL still does more in one shot, and fires stupidly quickly.

APU's may have to learn to aim, but they will still do sick damage (once they can aim that is...)

:edit: you seem to be saying that its fine for everyone else to have a lock (and presumably fine that we lose the lock in "half a second"), but its not fine that an APU would have to do that?

sanityislost
06-11-04, 15:26
bah another nerf thread.....now monks.....then drones.....then pure hackers and after that fuck knows o_O

SiL ..:..

dem0n
06-11-04, 15:28
would it be any harder for monks than anyone else?

even if you had to aim like everyone else HL still does more in one shot, and fires stupidly quickly.

APU's may have to learn to aim, but they will still do sick damage (once they can aim that is...)

:edit: you seem to be saying that its fine for everyone else to have a lock (and presumably fine that we lose the lock in "half a second"), but its not fine that an APU would have to do that?

Well I'm discussing the propsed idea that an APU needs to have a 3 second lock of his target to successfully cast the spell. In PvP I don't consider it possible if both parties run at the same time. So this is what I'm trying to say... a 3 second lock on a dragonfly is impossible :P, everyone else needs a 1 milisecond lock... just to click the left mouse button.

APUs\PPUs: 3 second lock [not possible]

Xeno LARD
06-11-04, 15:28
/Gets on Spy rant box

This is why I should have spirit mod enabled again...those pesky monks would be down in no time :D :D

/Steps off box

Agreed. I don't have a spirit mod. I'd like to point that out.

Liebestoter
06-11-04, 15:29
The problem here isn't APUs imo, it's ppus. APU dmg is a bit psycho, I agree, it could be toned down, but the real issue here is the overpowering bullshit that PPUs bring to the playing field.

Imagine getting a fight with someone, IRL, then some dude showing up mid fight and holding up a 10 foot wide kevlar wad between you and your target every time you tried to punch/kick/hit/stab/shoot him. That's what happens when a PPU joins a fight.

A capped PPU shows up, it's game over. Even the gimpiest of gimps can turn into an unstoppable juggernaut of asskicking with holy s/d and heal on him.

Nerf shelter, nerf deflector, nerf heal.

Add recast times, make shelter drop faster when damage is done, DO SOMETHING.

.Cyl0n
06-11-04, 15:29
bah another nerf thread.....now monks.....then drones.....then pure hackers and after that fuck knows o_O

you want to compare a pure hacker or a droner to a monk?

....erm o_O

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:30
Well I'm discussing the propsed idea that an APU needs to have a 3 second lock of his target to successfully cast the spell. In PvP I don't consider it possible if both parties run at the same time. So this is what I'm trying to say... a 3 second lock on a dragonfly is impossible :P, everyone else needs a 1 milisecond lock... just to click the left mouse button.

APUs\PPUs: 3 second lock [not possible]

i believe the proposal was that the more closed the recticle, the more damage.

my rifler can aim for a sec and fire (hoping to actually hit) just like your APU could aim for a sec and fire (hoping to hit)

in PvP i can keep a lock on someone... all the PvPers i know who arent monks can keep a lock on someone... monks are too used to not having to.

:edit: and as for a nerf... it brings their aim in line with all other classes (other than droners... but thats a different issue :p). they will still do stupid damage, they will still have easy access to every damage type as a primary damage type (except xray which is missing), they will still have no weapon slow down, they will still be able to put all dex into runspeed... i would hardly see monks as nerfed if this was applied.

dem0n
06-11-04, 15:31
The problem here isn't APUs imo, it's ppus. APU dmg is a bit psycho, I agree, it could be toned down, but the real issue here is the overpowering bullshit that PPUs bring to the playing field.

Imagine getting a fight with someone, IRL, then some dude showing up mid fight and holding up a 10 foot wide kevlar wad between you and your target every time you tried to punch/kick/hit/stab/shoot him. That's what happens when a PPU joins a fight.

A capped PPU shows up, it's game over. Even the gimpiest of gimps can turn into an unstoppable juggernaut of asskicking with holy s/d and heal on him.

Nerf shelter, nerf deflector, nerf heal.

Add recast times, make shelter drop faster when damage is done, DO SOMETHING.

w00t... nicely said. make shelter take down a lesser % of damage, and it fall when it absorbes like 300 DMG.

i believe the proposal was that the more closed the recticle, the more damage.

my rifler can aim for a sec and fire (hoping to actually hit) just like your APU could aim for a sec and fire (hoping to hit)

in PvP i can keep a lock on someone... all the PvPers i know who arent monks can keep a lock on someone... monks are too used to not having to.

based on my PvP expirience in NC1 [I'm not claned in NC2 so I don't even do it], I always had luck keeping aim and chasing someone who isn't aiming\running away from me, rather from someone else. Because when I chase them from behind with my insane AGL they don't dodge me or try to loose my tail since theyr concentrating on someone else. Yes I can keep a few second lock on them, but when it's 1v1 admist 20 people, I wouldn't be able to keep a 1 second lock on the person I'm trying to kill.

sanityislost
06-11-04, 15:39
you want to compare a pure hacker or a droner to a monk?

....erm o_O

droner = hits every time high dmg no rectical (was thinking of the drone not the
meat bag)

pure hacker = basicly a hybrid with high end apu dmg and ppu heal + def, plus im
just waiting for some nib to bitch about them cause he got killed in HN....it will
be soon very soon har har

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:44
based on my PvP expirience in NC1 [I'm not claned in NC2 so I don't even do it], I always had luck keeping aim and chasing someone who isn't aiming\running away from me, rather from someone else. Because when I chase them from behind with my insane AGL they don't dodge me or try to loose my tail since theyr concentrating on someone else. Yes I can keep a few second lock on them, but when it's 1v1 admist 20 people, I wouldn't be able to keep a 1 second lock on the person I'm trying to kill.

i play a PE...

all the PE's / Spies / Tanks i know are able to participate in combat with a recticle...

trigger hurt
06-11-04, 15:45
/Gets on Spy rant box

/Steps off box

NOOOOOO!!!! Dont reenable spirit mods! I sold my artifact 3 slot ultimated spirit phosphor silent hunter for 8 mil!

Actually, I agree. PPU's dont have anything to worry about anymore. All a clan has to do is bring enough of them and who cares if one or two drops. No spirit sh, and anyone can outrun an antibuff. And just about all decent monks can get their buffs backup after one.

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:48
NOOOOOO!!!! Dont reenable spirit mods! I sold my artifact 3 slot ultimated spirit phosphor silent hunter for 8 mil!

Actually, I agree. PPU's dont have anything to worry about anymore. All a clan has to do is bring enough of them and who cares if one or two drops. No spirit sh, and anyone can outrun an antibuff. And just about all decent monks can get their buffs backup after one.

depends on the timing of the enemies buffs :p

and before anyone says "omg! only lamer noob buff" why antibuff and watch the PPU rebuff? thats just idiocy...

.Cyl0n
droner = hits every time high dmg no rectical (was thinking of the drone not the
meat bag)

pure hacker = basicly a hybrid with high end apu dmg and ppu heal + def, plus im
just waiting for some nib to bitch about them cause he got killed in HN....it will
be soon very soon har har

Yea and?

Pure hackers like hybrids? 99% of the people in NC still only fight outside NC so i doubt itll ever get as much attention as monks do. Besides those hackers are realy GIMPS outside HN...

Droners?

Those people that get a fuzzy screen and cant hit shit for a few secs after their drone got hit? They do shit all dmg to buffed enemys also..

Question : In normal pvp ( raids and esp. op fights ) how many droners / hackers do you see fighting ?

Cīmon... :rolleyes:

/e Btw wtf is with your sig? Is it ment as a joke or are you really that stupid?

THE_TICK!!!!
bleh i HATE these threads...but as you can see from below..i play ALL characters..some i play better than others..but i CAN tell you that psi is a MIND usage weapon..since when do you have to have a reticule with your mind..a rifler is just that he has a RIFLE...sooo there is a reticule...apu is NOT that overpowered IMO..a crap apu is a crap apu a GOOD any class player is probly gonna gank some no skill loser and hence the nerf thread..sorry im so negative today buts its been a bad day :P ok im done:angel:

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:49
They do shit all dmg to buffed enemys also..

Question : In normal pvp ( raids and esp. op fights ) how many droners / hackers do you see fighting ?

my droner would kill netire OP forces in NC1. i had no problems soloing PPU's or any other class. my only fear was a skilled APU who would actually aim at my drone :p

i CAN tell you that psi is a MIND usage weapon..since when do you have to have a reticule with your mind.

i believe the word is "concentration" (sp? :p)

.Cyl0n
06-11-04, 15:51
my droner would kill netire OP forces in NC1. i had no problems soloing PPU's or any other class. my only fear was a skilled APU who would actually aim at my drone :p

i believe the word is "concentration"

You soloed PPUs with a drone?

LMAO

Ok ok i might add im talking about SKILLED players no noobs :D

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:54
You soloed PPUs with a drone?

LMAO

Ok ok i might add im talking about SKILLED players no noobs :D

solo'd entire OP taking teams...

and yes they included PPU's.

from multiple clans, and multiple factions.

anyone who thinks a droner is underpowered is either ill-informed or has a droner he plays himself and is fishing for a boost :p

.Cyl0n
06-11-04, 15:55
solo'd entire OP taking teams...

and yes they included PPU's.

from multiple clans, and multiple factions.

anyone who thinks a droner is underpowered is either ill-informed or has a droner he plays himself and is fishing for a boost :p

Your droner is on terra? I want to see that :)

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:57
it is but due to the early retail bugs he has no imps, and i didnt transfer a raptor :p

if i decide not to lom to veh / hack ill show you someday :)

Babai
06-11-04, 15:57
Its been proposed many times before:
1) Give monks a reticle.
2) Remove the whole "Holy" line of PPU spells.

Then it might be a bit closer to a PVP balance.

.Cyl0n
06-11-04, 15:58
it is but due to the early retail bugs he has no imps, and i didnt transfer a raptor :p

if i decide not to lom to veh / hack ill show you someday :)

I can give you a raptor... id really like to see you solo me / us with a raptor :lol:

Go ig get imps :P

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 16:01
I can give you a raptor... id really like to see you solo me / us with a raptor :lol:

Go ig get imps :P

as i said, if i decide not to lom ill go about getting my char setup again. besides there are free drone vendors people now arent their? raptors shouldnt be a problem (ill get some whether i lom or not... just in case :p)

sanityislost
06-11-04, 16:08
Droners?

Those people that get a fuzzy screen and cant hit shit for a few secs after their drone got hit? They do shit all dmg to buffed enemys also..

/e Btw wtf is with your sig? Is it ment as a joke or are you really that stupid?

The only reason there are few droners, are to do with the bugs and this myth
that people think they are crap. 2 skilled droners can take out a whole op
force in no time without even being found.

about my sig? its sexy nuff said :P

Vim
06-11-04, 16:57
Its been proposed many times before:
1) Give monks a reticle.
2) Remove the whole "Holy" line of PPU spells.

Then it might be a bit closer to a PVP balance.

Not all monks, a reticle to a ppu will make them really hard to play.
if u give a reticle to monks, dont remove the holy line !

I got an idea when reading the post : no reticle, but u need tu hold left button, keep it pushed and release it when u want to shoot, no need to keep aimed, just release it on other ppl like with the actual system.

But : 1,5 sec of charge for actual hl dmg, wich would be the cap, holding it more would have no effect. If u want to do fast HL but low dmg just hold it 0.3 secs for example ...

imoh it would give apu some complexity more interesting to play, different style of play, etc more deep gameplay. And dont touch to ppu with that system :D

( Like metroid apu nah ? :p )

Edit : adjust charge time, 1.5 is a shit frequency too ... about 1 sec or a bit less.

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 17:13
Not all monks, a reticle to a ppu will make them really hard to play.
if u give a reticle to monks, dont remove the holy line !

I got an idea when reading the post : no reticle, but u need tu hold left button, keep it pushed and release it when u want to shoot, no need to keep aimed, just release it on other ppl like with the actual system.

But : 1,5 sec of charge for actual hl dmg, wich would be the cap, holding it more would have no effect. If u want to do fast HL but low dmg just hold it 0.3 secs for example ...

imoh it would give apu some complexity more interesting to play, different style of play, etc more deep gameplay. And dont touch to ppu with that system :D

( Like metroid apu nah ? :p )

Edit : adjust charge time, 1.5 is a shit frequency too ... about 1 sec or a bit less.

you will just get the "Tony Hawk Pro Skater" effect...

people will always hold the mouse button til they want to fire.

Opar
06-11-04, 18:21
nerf PEs

Vim
06-11-04, 19:47
you will just get the "Tony Hawk Pro Skater" effect...

people will always hold the mouse button til they want to fire.

Erf, true. I didnt realized it at first.

.Cyl0n
06-11-04, 22:31
about my sig? its sexy nuff said :P

i hate the internet for things like this
:rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 22:35
i hate the internet for things like this

i love the internet for sigs like yours :p

giga191
06-11-04, 22:41
and line of sight.

shooting through walls, round corners etc....isn't that why the copbot rifle went?? it gave riflers an unfair advantage??
Damn I want copbot rifles to come back :D

shardl0r
07-11-04, 01:19
This could be solved so simply if they brought back a resonable hybrid malus, and significantly reduced the power of foreign-cast shelter/deflector or even stopped foreign-casting of shelter/deflector.

APU's outdamage everything but are very weak.
PPU's are still needed but aren't the deciding factor on any battle's outcome. Because they can still cast holy-heal and rez, the two spells people need to lvl. They are still as invincible as they are now.
Hybrids are the best of both worlds, without being far superior to APU's - if you bring in enough malus so that the outcome of a battle between a well setup APU and a well setup hybrid is dependent on the skill of the user.

Obsidian X
07-11-04, 01:35
This could be solved so simply if they brought back a resonable hybrid malus, and significantly reduced the power of foreign-cast shelter/deflector or even stopped foreign-casting of shelter/deflector.

The problem with nerfing Holy Shelter/def foreign casts is PvM: they are of paramount importance when it comes to completing high level areas such as MC5. PPU's will never be nerfed/balanced becuase without them it'd be impossible to clear overpowered mobs from high level areas. Of course mobs could be adjusted to a PPU nerf, but its a lot easier for KK to just leave things as they are as opposed to spending time on another 25 patches trying to balance underpowered/overpowered mobs. :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
07-11-04, 02:25
The problem with nerfing Holy Shelter/def foreign casts is PvM: they are of paramount importance when it comes to completing high level areas such as MC5. PPU's will never be nerfed/balanced becuase without them it'd be impossible to clear overpowered mobs from high level areas. Of course mobs could be adjusted to a PPU nerf, but its a lot easier for KK to just leave things as they are as opposed to spending time on another 25 patches trying to balance underpowered/overpowered mobs. :rolleyes:
Void argument.
As has been stated SEVERAL THOUSAND TIMES.

SC Only.
Or use Dribble Joy's latest idea.

SorkZmok
07-11-04, 02:36
I cant believe the thread is still alive and even on top of the list.
I expected it to get closed instantly. :lol:

Love the mods. <3

MrChumble
07-11-04, 02:51
I cant believe the thread is still alive and even on top of the list.
I expected it to get closed instantly. :lol:

Love the mods. <3It's a hard thread to pin down, maybe they don't know what to make of it.

Lot's of (justified) moaning about monks, a leaving thread that's not a leaving thread...I know I wanna have a wee rant here but I'm not sure what about ;)

PvP generally in NC seems to be completely pants. Rubber pants at that. The available options are:

1) Sit at an OP for 30 mins wondering if anyone is actually going to attack it.
2) Attack an OP, no one there, get accused of zerging/ninjaing.
3) GR somewhere. Get ganked.
4) Sit at a GR. Gank anyone who comes through.
5) Attack the other city. Kill some newbies, then die. (note this option is often chosen by people I like to refer to as 'fucktards').
6) Bump into someone in the wastes. Gank them and/or get ganked. Chances of both people being of similar rank and ready for pvp, 5%.
7) Neofrag. Clearly the domain of people who've never done real deathmatch.

Did I miss any? Don't get me wrong, I love Neocron, but the PvP is rubbish. I've pretty much given up on it in NC2 and now spend my time trading and building up a financial empire of scary proportions. For all the people who think making 20 mil in a day is hard, I beg to differ :p

___T-X____
07-11-04, 03:10
It's a hard thread to pin down, maybe they don't know what to make of it.

Lot's of (justified) moaning about monks, a leaving thread that's not a leaving thread...I know I wanna have a wee rant here but I'm not sure what about ;)

PvP generally in NC seems to be completely pants. Rubber pants at that. The available options are:

1) Sit at an OP for 30 mins wondering if anyone is actually going to attack it.
2) Attack an OP, no one there, get accused of zerging/ninjaing.
3) GR somewhere. Get ganked.
4) Sit at a GR. Gank anyone who comes through.
5) Attack the other city. Kill some newbies, then die. (note this option is often chosen by people I like to refer to as 'fucktards').
6) Bump into someone in the wastes. Gank them and/or get ganked. Chances of both people being of similar rank and ready for pvp, 5%.
7) Neofrag. Clearly the domain of people who've never done real deathmatch.

Did I miss any? Don't get me wrong, I love Neocron, but the PvP is rubbish. I've pretty much given up on it in NC2 and now spend my time trading and building up a financial empire of scary proportions. For all the people who think making 20 mil in a day is hard, I beg to differ :p

Im so sick of listening to your bullshit posts, I've shy'ed away from flaming, however your such a twat I really have too.

Idola
07-11-04, 03:12
Im so sick of listening to your bullshit posts, I've shy'ed away from flaming, however your such a twat I really have too.

He's got a point though.

Player vs Player combat is rarely, if ever, between too people on an equal footing. Sure, you get the occasional "decent" scrap, but most of the time it just seems to be hideously one-sided.

Sadly, this seems to be what appeals to a great deal of people. Oye.

MrChumble
07-11-04, 03:24
You're entitled to not like my posts. I'll leave it to the mods to decide on the flaming part.

What do you disagree with? I can't see much to redeem PvP in NC anymore; what am I missing?

___T-X____
07-11-04, 03:24
He's got a point though.

Player vs Player combat is rarely, if ever, between too people on an equal footing. Sure, you get the occasional "decent" scrap, but most of the time it just seems to be hideously one-sided.

Sadly, this seems to be what appeals to a great deal of people. Oye.

Im not going to get drawn into it - PvP is a choice full stop.

MrShitspeak cant even be arsed to post why its shit, all he does is bullshit/blag - get back to tradeskilling with your a 20mil a day's 'debateble' bullshit :rolleyes:

Idola
07-11-04, 03:30
Im not going to get drawn into it - PvP is a choice full stop.

MrShitspeak cant even be arsed to post why its shit, all he does is bullshit/blag - get back to tradeskilling with your a 20mil a day's 'debateble' bullshit :rolleyes:

He gave a full list as to why he doesn't think Player vs Player combat is that great; it's significantly more than what you seem to be offering, T-X.

We're not debating the choice of PvP here, we're debating PvP itself.

MrChumble
07-11-04, 03:32
I gave seven examples of types of PvP I dislike in NC.

For the most part the battles are one sided and over too quickly. The cost of dying is too high (in terms of time wasted rather than items lost). Due to specialisation you need to be capped or near capped, with all the best implants and equipment, just to be viable. OP wars are still 95% faffing about, 1% combat and 4% lying on you back hoping for a rez.

There's plenty of stuff I do like about NC, but PvP isn't on the list.

___T-X____
07-11-04, 03:35
Maybe do something different, cos your playing the game wrong if PvP is what u say.

MrChumble
07-11-04, 03:42
Well I've certainly not done everything yet. I know for a fact I've not been to the DoY tunnels. There might be other stuff as well.

As for PvP...I've been Pistol PE, Rifle PE, HC PE, Melee PE, Rifle pistol droner and heavy spy, melee hc and hybrid tank, droner tank (as bad as it sounds :)), pistol tank, PPU, APU, apu biased hybrid, balanced hybrid and pistol PPU. I've been a solo PKer, in a small non-combat clan, in a large strong PvP focused clan, a large fun clan with a good mix of players and of course just spent a lot of time in the wastes on my own pootling about.

The point is although I've not done everything (rifle tank!) I have been around a while and have done a lot of PvP. It's my opinion based on that experience that the PvP could be much improved.

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 11:39
just yesterday i went out hunting. when i go hunting i am fully equipped for PvP... i am always fully equipped for PvP.

at somepoint in my leveling i see a spy in a KOS clan on the horizon and notice i am taking damage (damn healing light... you dont see the shot or the blood splatter at long range... really needs to be looked at soon). so i scope my rifle and get a couple of bursts in before he stealths (my first burst did 111 damage. stupid dex based spipers are no match against piercing / fire weapons)

thats how my PvP started last night.

so whi8le leveling every 10 mins or so i would notice a sharp drop in health and turn around, fire a few shots at the spy when i found him and watch him stealth off.

a little while later i notice a drop on my health and 2 little plasma impacts on my body. "a Judge user" i thought... so i turn around and see a heavy combat tank running up the hill. he stupidly tried to snipe a rifle PE so i turn my 4 slot ts epic rifle on him and let rip. in less than a minute he is dead. my first PbP kill of the day, my first dogtag of the day :)

so i go back to leveling. at this point Revengers Eye says hes gonna go leveling, so i invite him along with me. now its 2 of us, leveling but ready to PvP if needed.

about 10 mins later we have just finished killing a WB and rev goes to a gogu to dump junk and i notice plasma on me again. i turn around to see 2 tanks running at me full pelt. they jumpped me nicely so i had about half health when they got to me... and to make things worse my s/d were running. i dived behind a DoY tunnel enterance to rebuff and politely asked Rev to get his ass over here :p

the tank who i have already killed once is on about half health when he notices he's DB'd and theres a lib unloading in him from behind as well as my rifle from infront. needless to say he goes down. we turned to the other tank and noticed his 40/5 rank and noticed the lack of swirly... a TPC user eh? :D

he lasted longer simply cos he ran and was warping through walls... damn game :p

we continue leveling...

once again i not only notice a sharp drop in health (Rev's this time) but i see single explosive damageon him. an explosive SH i would guess.

turns out the tank (whos dogtag i now have twice) hadn't had enough and logged his spy. it must have been a few times of being hit before he stayed unstealthed long enough to die.

this is the best bit of the night... we were killing 3 WB's when we see a name in local. we turn around to see a PPU in the clan that the first spy was in. the KOS clan. so we instantly turn around and let rip... seconds pass... he hits the floor. no noob buffs, no tl 3 heal... just a noob PPU :D

about 20 mins later Rev is hacking a WB and i see the spy i saw waaaay back at the beginning... the one that takes 111 damage from a burst of my rifle. i get him to 10% health before he stealths, only to leave another spy in the same clan in my crosshair. Rev finishes hacking at the perfect moment, hears firing and joins in. our combined firing takes him down before he can stealth.

there was only 1 more kill that night... and it was the tank i killed twice / spy i killed once back on his spy. Rev headed down a hill to hack a WB and fired at the spy twice, expecting him to stealth he then ignored him. i aimed up at him when he said what he did and saw him... needless to say i started firing. it was a straight firefight... his SH vs my TS rifle, i survived on about 270 health... he wasnt so lucky. ah well... another tag for me eh?

who says PvP is rare or boring? who says they are not likely to be my rnk (only one that wasnt was the TPC tank, but he wasnt alone so that made up for it)? who says no one is equipped?

im always ready for it and most nights i get PvP at least 3 times with similar level opponants... and most the time they start it. if they arent PvP ready they had better stop starting it :)

MrChumble
07-11-04, 11:54
Well that does sound quite fun, but it's not how my day usually goes. Last night for example I got PKed three times on my level 43 pistol spy. First death was when I was hunting warbots; I see the HL hitting me and before I've even checked the name in local I'm down and out. Next I was PKed while hacking a warbot, again no idea who killed me. Last one was at battle dome GR, a droner with a PN was camping the genrep and spanked my ass down in three shots.

That's a pretty typical day for me. I didn't get a chance to return fire in any of those 'fights' and even if I had, what good is a tangent epic pistol going to be?

If my spy was capped it would be better, at least I could last long enough to either stealth or fight back...it just seems pretty sucky to me that you need to be capped and stuffed full of expensive imps just to stand a chance.

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 12:00
Well that does sound quite fun, but it's not how my day usually goes. Last night for example I got PKed three times on my level 43 pistol spy. First death was when I was hunting warbots; I see the HL hitting me and before I've even checked the name in local I'm down and out. Next I was PKed while hacking a warbot, again no idea who killed me. Last one was at battle dome GR, a droner with a PN was camping the genrep and spanked my ass down in three shots.

That's a pretty typical day for me. I didn't get a chance to return fire in any of those 'fights' and even if I had, what good is a tangent epic pistol going to be?

If my spy was capped it would be better, at least I could last long enough to either stealth or fight back...it just seems pretty sucky to me that you need to be capped and stuffed full of expensive imps just to stand a chance.

i aadmit im mostly capped (just need con) but i have a non-rare rifle and no PA. the worst thing i could drop is my VK armour, other than that its just spells i can batch make again or storebought armour.

besides everyone bitches about how lowtech PE's (or PE's in general) are underpowered... so surely im at a disadvantage anyway? :p

i know you will hate me for saying it... but if you really didnt wanna PvP while leveling you shouldnt have removed your LE. i have a char slot which i may make a veh PE. i will be leaving my LE in and farming rares in a trike or ehino... ifpeople call me a carebear or anything ill quietly take note of their name and kill them on my real PE later... or ill just ignore em.

Darth Slayer
07-11-04, 12:26
Last one was at battle dome GR, a droner with a PN was camping the genrep and spanked my ass down in three shots.

H'mmmz was that Saturday evening as I was around BattleDome. On and off since the afternoon killing all red faction runners. But I never killed anyone coming out of GR in fact I ran off a GR camping Monk, killed a couple of spies and PE's.
Oh and I had a reason one of my clanmates got pk'd twice out there and hes a newb so I went there in the hopes of getting the GR camping culprit responsible. Then went to Tristar for a draining 2 hour plus Op fight where both sides where so evenly matched it was impossible to call till the last PPU died. (On the opposing side.. :D )

Scorpius.

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 12:43
H'mmmz was that Saturday evening as I was around BattleDome. On and off since the afternoon killing all red faction runners. But I never killed anyone coming out of GR in fact I ran off a GR camping Monk, killed a couple of spies and PE's.
Oh and I had a reason one of my clanmates got pk'd twice out there and hes a newb so I went there in the hopes of getting the GR camping culprit responsible. Then went to Tristar for a draining 2 hour plus Op fight where both sides where so evenly matched it was impossible to call till the last PPU died. (On the opposing side.. :D )

Scorpius.

omg! you pker! :p

MrChumble
07-11-04, 12:55
H'mmmz was that Saturday evening as I was around BattleDome.
Yes it was you, you evil pkar!

Ok to be fair it wasn't as I came out of the GR, but I was about 10 metres away when I died :p

E. Cryton
07-11-04, 13:21
Yah. I'm done with pvp. From now on, all im gonna do is level and collect rareparts and get rich. If i encounter an enemy, i`m gonna stealth away.

Fuck PvP. Monks are death to pvp. Death to balance. While i am still aiming with a capped pistol at point blank i already got hit by 2 HLs that did insane random damage and of course instantly broke my legs. [ edited ]

I'm done. Ban me.

hope u are j/k...

everytime i fought u guys at mb with my sniper u came with like 4 apus, 3 ppu and a few tanks...
u always fought with monkarmys...and u are crying about monks ??

its a joke tbh ...

Kopaka
07-11-04, 13:24
another nerf thread?
monks are not overpowered.
a PE can take down ppu/apu/apu.
just depends on ur own skills and setup.
ive seen a PE take on 2 apus and a ppu, PE won, PPU had to run cuz he didnt outheal libby.

i'd like to see the good old OP fights again, half the players fought with their PE. nowadays its all tank/monks and sometimes u'll see the spy or PE.

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 13:29
another nerf thread?
monks are not overpowered.
a PE can take down ppu/apu/apu.
just depends on ur own skills and setup.
ive seen a PE take on 2 apus and a ppu, PE won, PPU had to run cuz he didnt outheal libby.

i'd like to see the good old OP fights again, half the players fought with their PE. nowadays its all tank/monks and sometimes u'll see the spy or PE.

I'll be usin my PE :)

Kopaka
07-11-04, 13:30
@Jester,
everytime we go off hunting we always end up fighting.
and seriously, if i was the spy and saw u and rev, i'd run away :D

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 13:33
sorry for double post..

@Jester,
everytime we go off hunting we always end up fighting.
and seriously, if i was the spy and saw u and rev, i'd run away :D

not come back multiple times?

3 cabs full of ogtags now... i gotta get more money to buy more cabs

Darth Slayer
07-11-04, 16:13
omg! you pker! :p
That would be Mr Pker to you...... :p
Seriously I got tired of turning the other cheek and having that one slapped too....... :(

Scorpius.

Darth Slayer
07-11-04, 16:20
Yes it was you, you evil pkar!

Ok to be fair it wasn't as I came out of the GR, but I was about 10 metres away when I died :p

That would be Mr Evil Pkar to you....... :p
:lol: Just read your Sig YOUR Paula Eastmoor....... :lol:
You was rapidly accelerating away on a Combat Bike where u not ? For all I know you could have been looking for my frail Droner body to molest and do other icky things too........ :D

Scorpius.

MrChumble
07-11-04, 16:53
I was wondering what to do when you started shooting me, so I put the foot down and headed for the nearest zoneline. Nothing a mid level pistol spy can do against a PN. To be honest I was more worried about the bike, I'd just spent 150k on it and they can't be bp'd o_O

Darth Slayer
07-11-04, 18:15
I see, well I did'nt blow up the bike or Hack your belt and I did say you could come back for your backpack as well. See how kind and gracious I am..... :D
So if any of those things did happen it was not me.

Scorpius.

shardl0r
07-11-04, 18:53
I personally don't think PvP in this game is supposed to be equal footings. Its not a 'sports' game (and I use the word sports liberally, I in fact mean competative FPS such as Unreal, Quake, Tribes, CS e.c.t), its a microcosm of life.

'Sports' or competative FPS games should be absolutly balanced, as they are meant to be defined soley on the skill of the players - just as any sport is. Necron however is like life - its a 'female dog'. I don't see anyone fighting a battle of any kind without some sort of advantage - we don't do equal footed fights IRL. Thats why zerging has never truely bothered me - sure it seems extremely frustrating at the time and its a great way to blame your loss - but I know I would quite happily reciprocate given half the chance. It's a lovely way of safely securing a victory, and everyone loves a victory.

I'm actually no longer sure of what my point was, i've sort of run out of steam and thought, but I know that if I want a decent fight to prove myself (gamewise now) I'll load up T2 or T:V. When I load up NC2, I'm looking to get into fights with people who never stood a chance. Both are extremely enjoyable, but you shouldn't mix how you deal with them or you end up being frustrated.

shRd-

Darth Slayer
07-11-04, 22:32
I agree 100 % with you there Shardlor. Even if you did run outta steam........... :D

Scorpius.

Liebestoter
08-11-04, 03:29
The issue here isn't 'omg make everything equal', if you did that people'd get ping ********** by European players. The problem here is, 8 nearly capped people can't kill one person backed by a PPU.

PvP 'fairness' isn't about never getting gangbanged, shot in the back, or sniped.. it's about the balance of game mechanics. :|

Asurmen Spec Op
08-11-04, 07:53
just yesterday i went out hunting. when i go hunting i am fully equipped for PvP... i am always fully equipped for PvP.

at somepoint in my leveling i see a spy in a KOS clan on the horizon and notice i am taking damage (damn healing light... you dont see the shot or the blood splatter at long range... really needs to be looked at soon). so i scope my rifle and get a couple of bursts in before he stealths (my first burst did 111 damage. stupid dex based spipers are no match against piercing / fire weapons)

thats how my PvP started last night.

so whi8le leveling every 10 mins or so i would notice a sharp drop in health and turn around, fire a few shots at the spy when i found him and watch him stealth off.

a little while later i notice a drop on my health and 2 little plasma impacts on my body. "a Judge user" i thought... so i turn around and see a heavy combat tank running up the hill. he stupidly tried to snipe a rifle PE so i turn my 4 slot ts epic rifle on him and let rip. in less than a minute he is dead. my first PbP kill of the day, my first dogtag of the day :)

so i go back to leveling. at this point Revengers Eye says hes gonna go leveling, so i invite him along with me. now its 2 of us, leveling but ready to PvP if needed.

about 10 mins later we have just finished killing a WB and rev goes to a gogu to dump junk and i notice plasma on me again. i turn around to see 2 tanks running at me full pelt. they jumpped me nicely so i had about half health when they got to me... and to make things worse my s/d were running. i dived behind a DoY tunnel enterance to rebuff and politely asked Rev to get his ass over here :p

the tank who i have already killed once is on about half health when he notices he's DB'd and theres a lib unloading in him from behind as well as my rifle from infront. needless to say he goes down. we turned to the other tank and noticed his 40/5 rank and noticed the lack of swirly... a TPC user eh? :D

he lasted longer simply cos he ran and was warping through walls... damn game :p

we continue leveling...

once again i not only notice a sharp drop in health (Rev's this time) but i see single explosive damageon him. an explosive SH i would guess.

turns out the tank (whos dogtag i now have twice) hadn't had enough and logged his spy. it must have been a few times of being hit before he stayed unstealthed long enough to die.

this is the best bit of the night... we were killing 3 WB's when we see a name in local. we turn around to see a PPU in the clan that the first spy was in. the KOS clan. so we instantly turn around and let rip... seconds pass... he hits the floor. no noob buffs, no tl 3 heal... just a noob PPU :D

about 20 mins later Rev is hacking a WB and i see the spy i saw waaaay back at the beginning... the one that takes 111 damage from a burst of my rifle. i get him to 10% health before he stealths, only to leave another spy in the same clan in my crosshair. Rev finishes hacking at the perfect moment, hears firing and joins in. our combined firing takes him down before he can stealth.

there was only 1 more kill that night... and it was the tank i killed twice / spy i killed once back on his spy. Rev headed down a hill to hack a WB and fired at the spy twice, expecting him to stealth he then ignored him. i aimed up at him when he said what he did and saw him... needless to say i started firing. it was a straight firefight... his SH vs my TS rifle, i survived on about 270 health... he wasnt so lucky. ah well... another tag for me eh?

who says PvP is rare or boring? who says they are not likely to be my rnk (only one that wasnt was the TPC tank, but he wasnt alone so that made up for it)? who says no one is equipped?

im always ready for it and most nights i get PvP at least 3 times with similar level opponants... and most the time they start it. if they arent PvP ready they had better stop starting it :)

sexy story

Clownst0pper
08-11-04, 13:53
If your dieing to an unbuffed APU as a pistol spy you need to revise your setup, not revise a class.

SorkZmok
08-11-04, 14:00
If your dieing to an unbuffed APU as a pistol spy you need to revise your setup, not revise a class.Yes, Koro we all know your spy is uber. o_O
Leave my thread.

Dribble Joy
08-11-04, 14:31

Sorry, but if that is true then that PPU does not deserve to be playing that class.
A apu/ppu team that has any sense will be completely invulnrable to any other single character.
A ppu can outheal a libby with holy def and a tl3 heal.
N00b buffing won't work as any ppu with a single grain of sanity will not let it happen.

Apus are more or less balanced, along with the other classes.
Introduce the ppu to it all and it gets totally fucked up.

Darth Slayer
08-11-04, 16:26
The issue here isn't 'omg make everything equal', if you did that people'd get ping ********** by European players. The problem here is, 8 nearly capped people can't kill one person backed by a PPU.

PvP 'fairness' isn't about never getting gangbanged, shot in the back, or sniped.. it's about the balance of game mechanics. :|

Eh any eight people I op fight with will maim One person backed by a PPU and kill the PPU.

Scorpius.

Koth
08-11-04, 18:09
8 people = old shades crew *pwn*

man scorp, if we had the old shades crew back now we could truely pwn everyone. Methinks we would be the leetest small clan on terra

Clownst0pper
08-11-04, 19:05
Yes, Koro we all know your spy is uber. o_O
Leave my thread.

So you accept that your setup isnt the best? Or that your not trying to get a close quarter combat spy? Yet you choose pistols? And THEN you have the cheek to ask for a nerf on monks.

Idiot

MrChumble
08-11-04, 19:20
He didn't ask for a nerf, he asked for them to be balanced. They're quite clearly not balanced at the moment, so it's a perfectly reasonable request. There's a world of difference between a nerf and balancing.

Kopaka
08-11-04, 20:00
Sorry, but if that is true then that PPU does not deserve to be playing that class.
A apu/ppu team that has any sense will be completely invulnrable to any other single character.
N00b buffing won't work as any ppu with a single grain of sanity will not let it happen.

apparently u never met revengers eye.
and trust me, noobbuffing will work.
the PPUs gotta choose between his def or shelter first, prolly goes for shelter first. a PE can cast a tl 3 def faster than the ppu can cast his own SD.
noob healing is easy = ppu fuxxed.

dont say the ppu will cast his def first cuz PE was lowtech... rev wasnt lowtech. and the ppu doesnt know who else is around so he cba casting def first.
and if the PE keeps cast-spamming his tl 3 def on the PPU he will get him eventually. and btw most PPUs die by force/piercing, if not killed by energy/fire first.

SorkZmok
09-11-04, 00:22
So you accept that your setup isnt the best? Or that your not trying to get a close quarter combat spy? Yet you choose pistols? And THEN you have the cheek to ask for a nerf on monks.

Idiot
I simply cant stand you. Thats all already.

Sigurður
09-11-04, 00:40

Idiot

kid kapow is a hardcore spy player and therefor knows all the problem with drugs cause he uses them every day.. you on the other hand use your spy once a year to gank some noobs at NF .........a hardcore spy has to spend more time getting junk to resicle to drugs and keep all his stuff at top quality and relog for drugflash then he actualy spent at fighting...

Rebel with a cause
Zyccy the beast

Clownst0pper
09-11-04, 04:56
kid kapow is a hardcore spy player and therefor knows all the problem with drugs cause he uses them every day.. you on the other hand use your spy once a year to gank some noobs at NF .........a hardcore spy has to spend more time getting junk to resicle to drugs and keep all his stuff at top quality and relog for drugflash then he actualy spent at fighting...

Rebel with a cause
Zyccy the beast

Why recycle drugs when your rich enough to just buy them permanently, and relogs take seconds? Thats just stupid...

And If you must know, the moment I capped my spy he was my main.

Personally, I have zero problems with monks, the only problem I have with them is the PPU who has such an over effect on everyone, that its rediculous. There positive gain should be lowered so you still stand a chance of killing them.

@ ZorkSmok, I really couldnt give a fuck whether you like me or not, the fact of the matter is, your spy is bollox, and your basing it on a "OMG MONKS NEED FIXING BECAUSE MY LEGS ON MY SPY BREAK IN TWO HLs!!!!"

Personally, cry me a fucking river, take a note out of Divides, Mine, Minimess, Biccys, BS's Book, you might learn more than being a battle armour 3 spy, ass.

wombat74
09-11-04, 05:02
There you go kids... proof Neocron brings people together (tm)

Clownst0pper
09-11-04, 05:10
Actually, im going to post again because this issue is pissing me off.

Putting it bluntly here is the reason why balancing isnt working in Neocron.

Everyone views balancing as part of "I should be able to kill class A, unbuffed, and it be a good fight"

However, what people fail to realise is that pushing the setups of a certain class it what makes a class balanced.

As zork is moaning about, of course a spys legs are broke in two hits, just like another APU's are, or an unbuffed PPU's, or even a bad resist setup PE, even a tank for that matter.

Hell, a single burst from a CS can destroy the legs of any class regardless of the resists.

Does it mean the class is unbalanced in there ability? No not at all.

It takes time, dedication, education in resist setups and tactics.

I couldnt give a fuck whether you like mine, or any other spy, the fact of the matter remains, no class bothers me when im fighting with my spy.

I push it too the limits, I abuse drugs, and I certainly practice alot. It does however open doors to what seems overpowered, but for someone to say "Oh an APU is overpowered" because they break there legs, or kill them quickly is highly ignorant and evident of there in ability and lack of understanding in Neocron.

Ask for help, advice, setups, changes, but dont ask for a class change/nerf because your spy is being owned by a class designed to be brittle but powerful.

/rant off.

Sigma
09-11-04, 05:23
Why recycle drugs when your rich enough to just buy them permanently, and relogs take seconds? Thats just stupid...

Of cause, relogging takes only seconds, seconds you mostly don't have in a fight.

And If you must know, the moment I capped my spy he was my main.

Just like your Droner or your Tank or your APU, eh?

Personally, I have zero problems with monks, the only problem I have with them is the PPU who has such an over effect on everyone, that its rediculous. There positive gain should be lowered so you still stand a chance of killing them.

Of cause, you don't have problems with monks, maybe because all your setups are PPU-depended is the reason for that.

@ ZorkSmok, I really couldnt give a fuck whether you like me or not, the fact of the matter is, your spy is bollox, and your basing it on a "OMG MONKS NEED FIXING BECAUSE MY LEGS ON MY SPY BREAK IN TWO HLs!!!!"

Personally, cry me a fucking river, take a note out of Divides, Mine, Minimess, Biccys, BS's Book, you might learn more than being a battle armour 3 spy, ass.

Tbh, I don't like SorkZmok one bit, but just to make things clear, you spy sux just as much as his does.

Oh and bringing Don't Mess', Biccys or BSs spy into the discussion about CombatSpies is rediculous.

SorkZmok
09-11-04, 06:21

Personally, cry me a fucking river, take a note out of Divides, Mine, Minimess, Biccys, BS's Book, you might learn more than being a battle armour 3 spy, ass.You`re funny.

I think i'll put you on my list of funny people.

/edit

Ignore list was what i meant. :lol:

Koth
09-11-04, 13:35
clown, he clearly isnt asking for nerf, your just overworking your brain to think he is. Take some time to read threads properly.

tit :P

wait ... tits are useful ;)

Jesterthegreat
11-11-04, 20:18

I've seen Rabbi Fang do similar if not the same thing too

SorkZmok
11-11-04, 20:45
I've seen Rabbi Fang do similar if not the same thing tooHaha i can remember an opfight with flux, dunno where or who against though.
We were in the UG, lotsa enemies outside. So fang buffs up, says "Wait here" and leaves the UG. Comes back down 2 minutes later "Ok, half of em dead, lets go kill the rest!"

Hilarous. I miss him. :(

Jesterthegreat
11-11-04, 20:48
Haha i can remember an opfight with flux, dunno where or who against though.
We were in the UG, lotsa enemies outside. So fang buffs up, says "Wait here" and leaves the UG. Comes back down 2 minutes later "Ok, half of em dead, lets go kill the rest!"

Hilarous. I miss him. :(

i still hear word from a fairly reliable source that matt / lee / rabbi will be back "soon"... (i was last contacted a few weeks ago by one of them)

SorkZmok
11-11-04, 20:54
i still hear word from a fairly reliable source that matt / lee / rabbi will be back "soon"... (i was last contacted a few weeks ago by one of them)Well i hope they wont go join the other flux guys on venus.

Anyway, Fang himself isnt that reliable when it comes to coming back...he already told me twice, one time he even was ingame but then disapperead again after 2 days. :(

LTA
11-11-04, 20:57
Well i hope they wont go join the other flux guys on venus.

Anyway, Fang himself isnt that reliable when it comes to coming back...he already told me twice, one time he even was ingame but then disapperead again after 2 days. :(
Busy guy, last i spoke to him he was very busy with work and stuff

He best go venus lol he has my SA :p

Jesterthegreat
11-11-04, 21:02
matt said all 3 would go venom...

:D

whifix
11-11-04, 21:23
My problem with APU's is that the weapon class has no weaknesses. Pistols, Heavy, and Rifles all have reload time, recticles, and burst weapons that miss ALOT of shots. Pistols do less total damage then Heavy and Melee. Heavy and Rifles have huge slowdowns when drawn and both require heavy investment of points in weapon skills. Melee is prone to constant positioning erros with shots not registering and can't do positioning damage. Now APU on the other hand can take advantage of positioning bugs and appear to shoot through walls, around corners or even before the APU even appears on your screen. They have no recticle, can do positioning damage, can reload their weapon without having to stop firing(of couse unless they run out of psi but the person should be dead by then). At high levels fizzing a spells is more rare then nailing 4 shots with a lib.

//Edit//

On top of that they now have a glove that adds to their weapon skill and overcaps their psi pool. Some might not care but a whole extra piece of armor can give a huge advantage. If PE's didn't have access to medium belts and spys didn't have radiation protecting PA's it would be huge.