PDA

View Full Version : Patch 118-119 Notes & Discussion

Dirus
05-11-04, 19:50
- Created very cheap copies of all drones to facilitate tests during the
drone theme weeks, they are sold at special NPCs in Neocron, DoY, Tech Haven and at the gates of both cities.
- Renamed custom "Canyon" chat channels to "DoY" and removed the
"Wastelands" channels.
- Updated Biotech, CityAdmin and Diamond Epic Runs.
- Fixed some Soullight/Faction Sympathy issues in the CityAdmin Epic Run.
- Subway zones are safezones again.

- D3D9Drv: fixed wrong (black) fog color at far clipping plane
- D3D9Drv: fixed player shadow remaining visible with stealth activated

- Fixed drones flying past zone borders in Wasteland sectors, they now
bounce off an invisible wall at the zone border
- Added checks to prevent drones getting stuck in other meshes, e.g. trees;
stuck drones drop to ground after a short time
- Added more checks to fix/locate/minimize bug with drones spawning in the
middle of nowhere
- Changed aggressor list of NPCs/players to register the owner of the drone
instead of the drone itself as damage dealer, this should fix the SL loss
bug affecting droners who hadn't attacked any other runners
- Fixed bug with certain server messages not routed to the player when
droning, this fixes the droner team invite bugs
- Fixed bug with droner not losing SL and faction sympathy when killing
friendly runners in anarchy zones
- Fixed render issue with chat window while droning

Additional Notes:
- Updated Devlin Jones, Juri Netschajev, Gerald Forsyte, & Aerol scripts
- Increased CopBot Rifle carrying NPC's damage.

BlackDove
05-11-04, 19:51
Sticky it O.o

Also - Subway = Safe zone = why?

=/

I liked the tension... hello zone whores...

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 19:54
Sticky it O.o

Also - Subway = Safe zone = why?

=/

I liked the tension... hello zone whores...

i dont like it but i guess AoE vs people in subway cars was too much

BlackDove
05-11-04, 19:55
i dont like it but i guess AoE vs people in subway cars was too much
:lol: I didn't even think of that.

Yeah, I guess it's okay then. I would have made people invul while in the cars tho. Even though it's a potential exploit - why ruin the fun of those who don't wanna be zone whores?

dem0n
05-11-04, 19:56
Well I hope the add a lot of copbots down there to give it a meaning for being a safezone.

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 19:58
Well I hope the add a lot of copbots down there to give it a meaning for being a safezone.

from a post in the german forums i think they will add guards (i dont speak german so i cant translate it :p)

MrChumble
05-11-04, 20:00
Great patch, the theme week seems to be doing it's bit. Droners getting so much loving :D

SorkZmok
05-11-04, 20:13
Great patch although i dont like the safe zone thing. Makes raiding NC even easier.

Lets hope for lots of Cops down there.

THE_TICK!!!!
05-11-04, 20:14
w00t im in the top ten first posters :) kk good work on the patches...very good approach to the problems the comunity faces..keep up the good work.

Spermy
05-11-04, 20:23
I sense a lot of drone related fixes...

*rubs eyes*

Is this a theme week or something? O_o

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 20:25
I sense a lot of drone related fixes...

*rubs eyes*

Is this a theme week or something? O_o

im really not sure if thats sarcasm...

:edit: just in case... (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=117650)

StrongSad
05-11-04, 20:27
w00t im in the top ten first posters

:lol: I feel bad for you.....

Anyway, I dont like the safezone idea much. KK has just made a new p3/pp1 PvP area...actually they made like 5 of them....

Zone whoring will be bad I suspect. Its not like pro city clans and players dont fight each other.

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 20:28
:lol: I feel bad for you.....

Anyway, I dont like the safezone idea much. KK has just made a new p3/pp1 PvP area...actually they made like 5 of them....

Zone whoring will be bad I suspect. Its not like pro city clans and players dont fight each other.

pro city fighting each other could do this into HQ's anyway...

i agree this isnt the best solution though

SypH
05-11-04, 20:30
So NC subways are to become the new PP1/P3 zoneline hugging fighting place now? Seems kind of crappy to be honest. Already saw 1 MC tank on Terra try that. As soon as a decent force appeared it was straight to the zone line, didnt make it though, but he tried:p

jernau
05-11-04, 20:31
i dont like it but i guess AoE vs people in subway cars was too muchI don't see any reason for them not to be safezones - if NEXT can keep it's HQ safe I'm sure it can do the same for such a large and valuable asset.

Also - yeah, it was way to easy to play silly buggers and the passengers coulkdn't even move their heads to see who was doing it.

/edit 1 - nice to see the drone week in full flow.

/edit 2 - wrt zone hopping : just slap a few copbots in there to stop DoY doing it. Pro-NC can use HQs anyway so no change in that regard.

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 20:32
easiest way ot avoid this... hang out by medicare and make them come to you.

the same way most people did in PP1 (waiting well inside PP1)

plague
05-11-04, 20:37

erm, this better not apply to mc5, cuz that shit is hard eanough already..

dem0n
05-11-04, 20:42
I saw PRO CA hang out in DoY HQ's and not get shot at... that just sucks imo. They should be KOS no matter the FS [if that was the reason].

Tratos
05-11-04, 20:44
Good Work KK! :)

Glad to see theme week is going well and hope all the drone bugs are fixed by the end of it :)

keep up the communication and patches like this! :D

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 20:44
I saw PRO CA hang out in DoY HQ's and not get shot at... that just sucks imo. They should be KOS no matter the FS [if that was the reason].

yup... PP's have stood in the crahn HQ before :(

epij
05-11-04, 20:48
- Created very cheap copies of all drones to facilitate tests during the
drone theme weeks, they are sold at special NPCs in Neocron, DoY, Tech Haven and at the gates of both cities.

whats up with MB ? :confused:

dem0n
05-11-04, 20:51
yup... PP's have stood in the crahn HQ before :(Is that a bug or?

Edit:

Yes it was Crahn HQ and I think they were PP... but does that mean that only 1 PRO CA faction [PP] can hang out in only 1 DoY HQ [Crahn], or was it that you and me were there hunting them and that it's the only case we've seen so far :P.

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 20:53
Is that a bug or?

Edit:

Yes it was Crahn HQ and I think they were PP... but does that mean that only 1 PRO CA faction [PP] can hang out in only 1 DoY HQ [Crahn], or was it that you and me were there hunting them and that it's the only case we've seen so far :P.

dunno :p

Tratos
05-11-04, 20:55
i ALWAYS see ProCA in the crahn cathedral, and in the crahn zone, they seem to have nothing better to do.

LiL T
05-11-04, 21:04
Subway a safe zone ?

oh come on :( it was great being a dangerous place down there now we just gonna have people running into it to buff up ZONE whoring is back :mad:

/edit apart from that great patch kk keep it up :)

jernau
05-11-04, 21:07
i ALWAYS see ProCA in the crahn cathedral, and in the crahn zone, they seem to have nothing better to do.
That may have a lot to do with L3 spells.

Dirus
05-11-04, 22:26
erm, this better not apply to mc5, cuz that shit is hard eanough already..

They use a Different CopBot Rifle then the non-mob NPC's

QuantumDelta
05-11-04, 22:36
When are you guys gonna fix DoY Guardians then?

G.0.D.
05-11-04, 22:55
I dont like the subway safezone idea one idea

1.) WHY?! - Doy dosnt have any non HQ safezones, why should neocron?
2.) Can you say 'zone whore' - Raiding neocron is alot harder because there are virtualy no places you can hide, Enemys can chase you down and kill you instead of zoning to the safety of the subway!

Richard Angelus
05-11-04, 23:11
there is a statement in the german forum (subway safezone)....
they had to do this, because there was some ppl who exploited the subway vehicle (killed runner in the vehicle and there was no legal way to get the QB back without GM help)

PS: I hope to post this is not against the forum rules

Tratos
05-11-04, 23:34
That may have a lot to do with L3 spells.

Nah its normaly GRing into the crahn cathedral, buffing up in the pub, running outside and ganking un suspecting Crahn runners around the corner from the cathedral its self, its a tad inconveinient, heh

Sorin
06-11-04, 01:15

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Instead of doing 16 x4 to the PP2 BD guard, they now to 18 x 4

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

amfest
06-11-04, 01:21
they had to do this, because there was some ppl who exploited the subway vehicle (killed runner in the vehicle and there was no legal way to get the QB back without GM help)

Personally I think they should of made it possible to jump from the Subway car at anytime. The tracks should be explorable on foot. There should be a lip you have to jump over to get off the ramps though so someone can't just push you off onto the tracks. Add in ladders near the subway stations to get back up. This way battles can range in the subway zone. A force can skip the subway car 4 per person crap and just jump on the tracks and run it. Imagine city fighting off a DOY force. OMG they just took pp station but we're holding them off in between there and VIA. Belts should fall straight through the subway cars so if you die in one it'll just land on the tracks where you can just jump down and get it back. if I recall there is a section of track that dead ends ... add in new subway zone that you can travel by foot. Abondoned Subway Tunnel and have some midlevel mob cave style thing there ;)

QuakCow
06-11-04, 01:30
that is an awesome idea amfest...maybe have it something like that damned subway nub dungeon in AO.....

amfest
06-11-04, 01:36
On another note, I already knew there was going to be problems with the subway not being a safe zone and staying the way it is designed currently. Back when they announced they were removing safezones for all sections except HQs, clubs and bars I had asked if that included the subway that they remove the boundry that stopped you from getting on the tracks. Apparently no one listened ;)

Omnituens
06-11-04, 02:02
Nah its normaly GRing into the crahn cathedral, buffing up in the pub, running outside and ganking un suspecting Crahn runners around the corner from the cathedral its self, its a tad inconveinient, heh
yup, the guards do diddly-squat.

LiL T
06-11-04, 02:07

wha wha whaaaaaa thats all its fucking is and its ruining every game I play in the end PvP will be limited to having to agree

Idola
06-11-04, 02:13
wha wha whaaaaaa thats all its fucking is and its ruining every game I play in the end PvP will be limited to having to agree

Wait....you consider exploits "proper" Player vs Player combat, and when they're fixed it "ruins" a game? You seriously need to re-think your view on this one.

Clownst0pper
06-11-04, 04:33
Wait....you consider exploits "proper" Player vs Player combat, and when they're fixed it "ruins" a game? You seriously need to re-think your view on this one.

DO you not see a better solution that all damage to players when in hovercabs in the Stations is void? So any AOEing or Barreling doesnt do a single point of dmg to the tram or the player inside, of course, if they exit the vehicle it does damage...

Thats a far better fix than the KK alternative..

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 04:50
DO you not see a better solution that all damage to players when in hovercabs in the Stations is void? So any AOEing or Barreling doesnt do a single point of dmg to the tram or the player inside, of course, if they exit the vehicle it does damage...

Thats a far better fix than the KK alternative..

instead of zoning to stay alive people will zone + get in a hovercab to stay alive...

however i would say its a mildly better surgestion than the whole subway being a safezone

Heavyporker
06-11-04, 08:59
KK, iceflash/herbalis mission is still bugged apparently. Followed mission parameters (kill 2 of each, get 6 types of chems) and he still won't give me the mission reward.

Am I missing something?

I've also tried recycling the chems into new ones just to see if that was what I was supposed to do, but no luck.

Anna
06-11-04, 13:28
drones that fall in water do not reappear (= destroyed?)

in aggie cellar lvl 5 there is a piece of fence on the floor where drones fall through, they respawn after 5 secs, but below the fence, so are unreachable

drones sometimes still have problems launching, you hear the launch sound, the drone is gone from quickbelt, but youre not flying it, and its nowhere to be seen, it does reappear after 5 secs though, only place i experienced this was lvl1 citysewer 4c

still random 1st/3rd person changes

Shelia
06-11-04, 13:50
So nc have alot more guards than doy, and now they do more dmg. Wtf ?
Remove some copbot/Ca guards. And add a few guards in Doy, it's a joke atm.

Cliffraiser
06-11-04, 13:57
great patch cept for the safezones in subway.

Please just fix it that you cant aoe the cars but dont make it a safezone 0_o

whenevers theres a raid people will zone whore there :/

J. Folsom
06-11-04, 13:59
So nc have alot more guards than doy, and now they do more dmg. Wtf ?The damage increase is very, very, very, very, very, very, very slight. They do 2 more damage per shot now.

Shelia
06-11-04, 14:02
So why did KK increased the dmg ? I don't understand why they do that. It's even more stupid if it didn't chance anything.

J. Folsom
06-11-04, 14:04
So why did KK increased the dmg ? I don't understand why they do that. It's even more stupid if it didn't chance anything.
Because the damage was so worthless that it took them more than one burst to kill a freshly created character? (Overstatement, but relatively close to the truth)

I'd guess they meant to increase the damage more than this, but decided not to sledgehammer for a change.

Shelia
06-11-04, 14:09
Yeah they don't do alot of dmg, but they para.
And there's shitloads of guards in NC.
If they do alot of dmg AND para, then you don't need players to defend NC, and that's not good imo.
Raiding nc is hell alot harder than Doy, if you don't have a ppu on your ass it's useless to go in NC (exept pepper 3). Fighting in Doy is easy, there's NO guards, that nice. You can fight in the city, plz remove those damn CA/Copbot, and just put one before and after syncro as in Doy. It'll be funnier. Imo ppl have to defend the city not stupid guards.

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 14:55
Because the damage was so worthless that it took them more than one burst to kill a freshly created character? (Overstatement, but relatively close to the truth)

I'd guess they meant to increase the damage more than this, but decided not to sledgehammer for a change.

not an overstatement... ny 0/2 spy with no resist took 2 or 3 bursts to die :p

besides... NC is piss easy to raid, this increase has done nothing to change that (especially when adding a safe zone). CA HQ has a safe area in the front of the zone (but lots of guards outside) and i imagine its not the only HQ with an empty coridor inside the zone line.

Selendor
06-11-04, 15:11
I just tried the CA Epic run and I can't get past Black Lilly in the first mission. She takes my 300 creds and then shuts up, Officer Jenna doesn't accept this as complete. Women eh?

Its not failing because I've got my LE in is it?

jernau
06-11-04, 15:14
Just to point out that a damage increase from 16 to 18 is 12.5% (assuming linear change). It's not such a small change in a way.

We all (rightly) complain when they change things 1000% at a time. Maybe they are listening.

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:47
Just to point out that a damage increase from 16 to 18 is 12.5% (assuming linear change). It's not such a small change in a way.

We all (rightly) complain when they change things 1000% at a time. Maybe they are listening.

heh.

copbots / SH guards are fine as they are tbh... lots of para, little damage... pro city need to get off their collective asses and defend their city.

now just offer noob tradeskillers an easy way to get to techhaven (or better yet tell people what removing an LE does in some warning window) and you will be set

Terkantia
06-11-04, 16:51

Thats what i was thinking too.

in actual dmg, it seemsd small, but on a percentage basis, its not too bad at all.

Darth Slayer
06-11-04, 20:06
Well after 4 hours of fun packed Droning including a little Pking guess what ?
Not once did I get any type of drone bug whatsoever.
U watch next patch and we will be back to normal....... :D

Scorpius.

QuantumDelta
06-11-04, 21:13

However still do more than DoY Guardians, plus the fact that copbot's don't miss, DoY Guardians do regularly, in addition to that, the fact that there are 35098730968309683096583409583098 copbots and stormbots inside neocron DoY has about...................................... 1 in a sector average, if not less than one per sector average.

Nevermind another typical example of he who whines loudest.

Spoon
06-11-04, 21:55
Patch 118-119 Fact:

-Droning is viable again.

Heavyporker
06-11-04, 22:47
Fucking bullshit, QD. I call you on it.

Every zone line in DoY has at least 2 DoY Guards. There are vastly more inside the City Center, about 15 of them if you'd get off your ass and count them.

All the populated DoY zones have their own factional guards by the HeadQuarters, too.

And why would the DoY government bother patrolling the abandoned sectors?

Really, all this overblown exaggeration makes me sick.

Bushid0
07-11-04, 19:58
I just tried the CA Epic run and I can't get past Black Lilly in the first mission. She takes my 300 creds and then shuts up, Officer Jenna doesn't accept this as complete. Women eh?

i tried to do the epic this morning along with a few other people all none LE chip and none of us could get passed the part Selendor has mentioned.

can you please fix this, i would like to get the epic done :)

QuantumDelta
07-11-04, 21:45
Fucking bullshit, QD. I call you on it.

Every zone line in DoY has at least 2 DoY Guards. There are vastly more inside the City Center, about 15 of them if you'd get off your ass and count them.

All the populated DoY zones have their own factional guards by the HeadQuarters, too.

And why would the DoY government bother patrolling the abandoned sectors?

Really, all this overblown exaggeration makes me sick.
Yawn.
Comparison to NC Please?
Exaggeration maybe, but the GMs / Devs know the real numbers so the exaggeration doesn't matter that much.

The reality is apart from CC DoY is piss easy to get around unshot at, in NC, you can't particularly move around.

I notice you didn't even try argue with the ACTUAL POINT of my post then?
Accuracy.
Damage.

Though it should have read "Copbot's still did more*"

Thanks for challengin, I didn't notice the mistake until you did.
Pity you failed in your challenge :p

Darth Slayer
07-11-04, 22:30
i tried to do the epic this morning along with a few other people all none LE chip and none of us could get passed the part Selendor has mentioned.

can you please fix this, i would like to get the epic done :)
Lily is also Borked on the Bio Epic. The convo where she tells you what drugs she wants and how much of them is missing.

Scorpius.

Dirus
08-11-04, 00:26

Issue has been corrected for next patch. It's not LE related.

Omnituens
08-11-04, 01:30
yup, it was bread related.

anybody want any toast?

Bushid0
08-11-04, 01:35
yup, it was bread related.

anybody want any toast?
how about a waffle?

and to lupus, thanks for info, good to know, any ETA on the patch?

Blacksword
09-11-04, 07:59
id like to see a ton of stormbots all around nc, few guards in nc, kinda like doy. hard as fuck to get to, but once you are in...

or way less doybots, and more doyguards inside

Obsidian X
11-11-04, 01:25

I take it this issue is the same as for the Biotech epic..? The bitch won't take my Detresol Forte! (if this has already been said please disregard).

Tratos
11-11-04, 01:26
Just A Note: The launcher/patch notes need updating as they think its only up to Patch #118

Sorin
11-11-04, 03:29
I take it this issue is the same as for the Biotech epic..? The bitch won't take my Detresol Forte! (if this has already been said please disregard).

It's supposed to be Paratemol Forte. x3.

Obsidian X
11-11-04, 03:32
It's supposed to be Paratemol Forte. x3.

D'oh! 8|