PDA

View Full Version : Did you see the episode 3 trailer!!!!

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 13:00
It was cool, beautiful, nify, snazzy, awesome, great... I can't express myself, there are no words, must make sex emote.

I know, the movies can't even come near the original trilogy but if you look at it, the overall quality of movies has gone down for some time or it is us who have raised the bar 8|

But this is something I have been waitin for long time, and I'm bit sad too, it is the last movie :( Maybe lucas will do more SW movies, so I have something to look forward to.

dem0n
05-11-04, 13:08
what the hell? he could have jacked in another 2 movies between Luke and episode 3!

Omnituens
05-11-04, 13:10
lego version r0><><0r5 j00r b0><><0r5

EDIT: cant find link :(

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 13:10
dem0n I don't understand your comment?

Anyway, there are so much open material in SW galaxy that he could easily do new movies, but I'd beg him for not to do anything related to the skywalker family.

Maybe something Knights of the old republic style, now that would rock.

dem0n
05-11-04, 13:12
Your saying that the upcoming episode will be the last one? So what the hell Anikin becomes Darth Vader over night?

anyway, SEND US THE TEASER :P!

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 13:13
is 3 how anikeen becomes darth vader?

i would guess it is (i also guess spelling err0rs)

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 13:16
Anakin will turn to Darth Vader during this movie yes. In ep2 the process had allready started, by releasing his anger and murdering the creepies that kidnapped and murdered his mother.

It is clear when watching this trailer that time has passed between ep2 and ep3 they are not continuing from where ep2 ended.

dem0n
05-11-04, 13:17
give us a link for the trailer :)

Omnituens
05-11-04, 13:18
Your saying that the upcoming episode will be the last one?
you did know that Star Wars: a new hope was episode 4 right?

Lucas has said he wont do 7, 8, or 9. the story gets a little weird there anyway.

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 13:19
Yeah didn't realize that you have to be a member in hyperspace for that, sorry :D

One host is here http://portfolio.iu.edu/abachniv/sw_ep3_trailer.mov

Enjoy! All hail wookie army!!

dem0n
05-11-04, 13:28
yes I did, but by god he could have jacked in atleast 5 episodes before luke skywalker... I mean theres so much to be said about him becoming darth vader, giving birth to 2 children, killing padme.... etc. This is all going to happen in 1 episode now...

Omnituens
05-11-04, 13:29
anikin gave birth WTF HAX?!?!?!? ;)

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 13:31
Either in 1 movie or in the time between ep3 and ep4. I wouldn't like to see padmé being killed in such a graphical style, maybe just say "she dead mofo", because she as some sweet ass.

And first I read the title "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge and shit"

dem0n
05-11-04, 13:33
I saw the trailer, I think things went waaaay too fast between ep 2/3. and natalie is teh sex! I like saying that... Yeah she should get choked by Anakin once she gives birth :P! But he won't know she did :P!

I... I... I feel very sad right now. It's like knowing there won't be any LoTR anymore, no Matrix... and now no SW!!!! And whats worse... I even have to wait for Mad Max 4 another 2 years or so... and Fallout... will it ever be released.

Spermy
05-11-04, 14:25
Mad max 4? Ooooh tasty - where'd ya hear that dude?

El_MUERkO
05-11-04, 14:25
Looks nice, I've got no sound though.

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 14:29
From the official sources :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0345292/

allso consider

Indiana "the manliest man in manhood" Jones
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/

Both casting the original actors ;)

dem0n
05-11-04, 19:54
Mad Max 4: "Road Fury" should be on the big screen in 2005, with Gibson as the cast leader. Although, I've read somewhere that George Miller agreed to do some other movie, so it seems MM4 got postponed again :'(.

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 20:19
Yeah, well the word is, and I quote "Production offices have been closed, sets warehoused; project seems dead."

So no MM for a while, or propably never. And Mel "it's hell being Mel" Gibson said in some interview that he won't be seen in silverscreen for a while, he is giving a shot for producing and directing instead, since that seems more "him" atm.

dem0n
05-11-04, 20:45
cool, another world\story\way of life concept dying. where does it end? the SF world is falling apart, little childish action SF movies like XMen and Spiderman get all the fame, and when you tell someone your a SW fanboi they just call you a neard\idiot, oh and I love it when people say Jacki Chan movies have more action than Matrix and that Matrix combat arts are SF aswell :wtf:. people just don't know a good SF when they see one.

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 23:26
Well, I don't mean no harm, but I hate Jackie Chan (he is just another clown) but I allso loathe Matrix, the only good movie in that series was the first one, worked well in a separate movie and was a great watch (even got the DVD), the two sequels were load of.. neocron?

X-Men and Spider-man are not SF mind you, they are comic book movies, I shouldn't have the need to tell you the difference of those two concepst, do I?
And if someone calls you a nerd when you tell them you are SW fanboi, just hit him in the face with your fist till he stops breathing and it should all be allright chap ;) Tis what I do and it usually works.

Spermy
06-11-04, 01:35
there is a marked decline in the quality of films in my opinion...

most of them are, well...

Shit.

Nidhogg
06-11-04, 01:40
If you have Sky News, hit the red button to get Sky News Active, select the Showbiz feed and wait - they're showing the new trailer on that. I quite liked it but I remember going to see the first Star Wars so there's still that sense of "flashback to childhood" that neither Eps I or II have entirely destroyed yet. ;)

N

athon
06-11-04, 01:55
Lucus, from what I've seen read and heard, should take a hint. The best Star Wars films were the ones he didn't direct.

That out of the way, /. fairly recently had a report, purportedly from someone who knows someone who works at Lucus (the way it always is, like George Lucus is going to post on /. saying there will (not) be episodes 7 to 9), who said they were being asked to sign NDA's regarding 7 to 9.

In related news, regarding the rumours that LA are soon to be taking over SWG from Sony, I think this could be an interesting development, and but it will remain to be seen whether it's ultimately good or bad (from the point of view of a long term Neocroner who just completely hated SWG full stop - consentual combat, lack of storyline, lack of galactic war, lack of any feeling of any planet being udner jedi / rebel control, not to even start mentioning what passes for sticky content, grinding every profession then grinding Jedi (is making the Jedi training stuff go in 4 week cycles the only way they can keep numebrs up?)

Anyway, enough from me. By the looks of it KK are getting themselves sorted and NC2 is still going to be my game of choice for the forseeable future - the only games I'm even glancing at aren't due for release until 2006.

Athon Solo

dem0n
06-11-04, 02:51
concerning SWG, I don't know if any of you played [payed] for it, but what I've seen those people are way over their heads. they don't pay any attention to customers, they do what they like and can, swg was and is totaly neglected due to jtls [yay listen lets make more money, screw the junkies who already play for swg we need new people ready to throw away their money], and theyr concentrating on jtls now 24/7, and some few year old bugs still remain. in any case the game is too big for my likings, there is no where you can run away to so you can feel safe, the world is too big and you really don't belong anywhere. I hate a game of which proportions I cant grasp.

I know NC for instance had some bad times, but I can understand that and they've always had a sincere humane aproach to us and give their 110% [hmm taylor speak] when it comes to everything, and KK was always ready to admit defeat [on the drone issue for instance], where as you would never see the SWG dev team openly admit that it was their fault.

it's a little off topic sorry. anyway concerning the SF talk, red planet was good but never got noticed, whereas you have a crappy movie like AvP which reaks all over the box office.

sanityislost
06-11-04, 04:16
yea got the trailer last night, it looks sweet. Just hope its not gona be shit like eps 1 and 2

the hole eye bit in the trailer looked sweet :D

SiL ..:..

Seven
06-11-04, 09:18
cool, another world\story\way of life concept dying. where does it end? the SF world is falling apart, little childish action SF movies like XMen and Spiderman get all the fame, and when you tell someone your a SW fanboi they just call you a neard\idiot, oh and I love it when people say Jacki Chan movies have more action than Matrix and that Matrix combat arts are SF aswell :wtf:. people just don't know a good SF when they see one.

It's called a difference of opinion and taste.

I know NC for instance had some bad times, but I can understand that and they've always had a sincere humane aproach to us and give their 110% [hmm taylor speak] when it comes to everything, and KK was always ready to admit defeat [on the drone issue for instance]

That's a perfect example of my point. The above is your opinion, but others might see what you wrote as sarcasm. :lol:

athon
06-11-04, 12:27
I would hardly call X-Men childish - why would you? Because it originated in comic books? So did The Matrix AFAIK, amongst many others. I went to see X-Men 2 with a friend who's read the comics (not liek a massive fanboi collector or anything - he just read them when he was a kid) and praised the movie because it remained close to the original story - I've also heard similar good praise about the other Marvel conversions that have been released.

These fims get the attention they deserve - they manage to cater to a huge audience - from kids to adults, from people who have just (or may not have even heard) of X-Men / Spiderman / whatever and are just interested to go see the movie to the fanboi's who would sell their mother to get issue <really early number> of a given comic. These are franchises, like Star Wars, that everyone recognises.

And as for where the best Sci-Fi comes from? Well, IMHO nothing beats a good book. Personally I've just finished the Revelation Space series (all 4 books basically back to back - bar the agnoizing wait for the next one to be delivered from Amazon - save yourself the agony, just buy all 4 at once!) and have just started on the Bourne series (made the mistake of buying the 3-in-1 book - that is one seriously heavy book (weight compared to size).

Going back to The Matrix quickly - while the combat arts themselves may not be Sci-Fi, they way they were implemented is. That's my opinion anyway.

Athon Solo

spongeb0b
06-11-04, 16:57
the link posted for the episode 3 trailer dont work for me :( are there any other hosts?

nobby
07-11-04, 00:46
ditto!