PDA

View Full Version : Strange

ultimate chill
05-11-04, 09:28
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am sure it will get moved if not :lol:

I usually play NC using the 1gb broadband for good dl speeds etc. I am in the process of changing my isp so have to revert back to the old 56k dial-up service until my new modem arrives. whilst using broadband i had memory problems in the game, I had so many fatal errors it started to become a feature, I was stuck in sync, got sent into zones many sectors away from where i should be, ended up in different peoples apps periodically, I am sure this all sounds familiar to you all.

Well the reason I am posting this is to say anyone experiencing these probs should go back to the dial up service again. since using it the game has run perfect for me, I have had no lag, no crashes, no fatals, no mysterious zoning, I am no longer appearing in other people apps un-announced, I propose to really put it through its paces today and to see if it runs smoothly with the likes of TS etc running at the same time.

Heres hoping my good luck continues :D

Omnituens
05-11-04, 13:35
odd, odd indeed.

prehaps its all just in your mind.

MasterBee
05-11-04, 13:42
I usually play NC using the 1gb broadband for good dl speeds etc. I am in the process of changing my isp so have to revert back to the old 56k dial-up service until my new modem arrives.

one gigabit broadband? :eek:
You only made this thread to brag didn't you? :D
Come on, admit it ;)

inforMation
05-11-04, 14:56
one gigabit broadband? :eek:
You only made this thread to brag didn't you? :D
Come on, admit it ;)

mmmmm me dreams of 1gb broadband mmmmmmmmmm

Idola
05-11-04, 14:59
I've heard of this before: i.e. Someone on a massively enormous broadband connection gets all sorts of errors and problems when playing, but the moment they switch to a modem their playing experience becomes pretty damn nifty.

I'm on 56k myself and I rarely fatal, so this "theory" might have a fair bit of merit to it. A great deal of the people complaining about instability, from what I can tell anyway, are on much faster connections than myself.

djskum
05-11-04, 15:04
1Gb? Sure you don't mean 1Mb?

If you've got 1Gb I'm coming to live with u! I've got 4Mb and I thought that was fast!!!

DjSKum

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 15:07
In japan you can get 100mb/100mb rather cheap, some 40$ month or so I hear :D

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 15:08
i run standard cheap DSL and i rarely fatal / sync / CTD / C++ these days

05-11-04, 15:12
I get more problems playing on my WinXP box than I do on my WinME box (come to think of it I rarely have problems on my WinME box and never had an FRE on it)

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 15:13
I get more problems playing on my WinXP box than I do on my WinME box (come to think of it I rarely have problems on my WinME box and never had an FRE on it)

im runnin win xp corperate edition i think

Bugs Gunny
05-11-04, 15:15
Besides the memory eating away till i fatal i have one problem:

Going up at el farid or even yutano i end up in the reset point of the zone a lot.

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 15:16
i played for 4 hours last night.. .alt tabbed loads, never closed my NC2 client. i had no fatal due to memory and the game was still playable.

the game is running better for me than ever before lol