PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

joran420
05-11-04, 03:06
I get this kinda shit all the time and its usually stupid...but this one was good

Many years ago, in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.
Coca-Cola was originally green.
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28%

The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
The average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000
Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.
The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.
Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David
Hearts - Charlemagne
Clubs -Alexander, the Great
Diamonds - Julius Caesar

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and CharlesThomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.
Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what?
A. Their birthplace
Q. Most boat owners name their boats. What is the most popular boat name requested?
A. Obsession
Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"?
A. One thousand
Q. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?
A. All invented by women.
Q. What is the only food that doesn't spoil?
A. Honey
Q. Which day are there more collect calls than any other day of the year?
A. Father's Day

In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... "goodnight, sleep tight."
It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month . which we know today as the honeymoon.
In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts... So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them "Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down."

It's where we get the phrase "mind your P's and Q's"
Many years ago in England, pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim, or handle, of their ceramic cups. When they needed a refill, they used the whistle to get some service. "Wet your whistle" is the phrase inspired
by this practice.
~~~~~~~~~~~AND FINALLY~~~~~~~~~~~~
At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow

*Dazz*
05-11-04, 03:11
yep...tried, can't do it :D

joran420
05-11-04, 03:12
lol me too :P

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 03:14
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
i didnt try this but it should be pointed out this is only the outer elbow :p

Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"?
A. One thousand
depends on the context... one hundred and one[/QUOTE]

:edit: and it is possible to lick your elbow if you have a long toungue. dont bend it at a right angle, twist your left arm clockwise and pull it to your face

Clive tombstone
05-11-04, 05:48
good thread, and yes, I tried to lick my elbow.

that Horse statue is a cool thing too.

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 12:07
Alot of neat facts.

Didn't try to lick my elbow, have tried that few years earlier when I had hope, since then I have lost all hope and life enthusiasm :(

Tho, Gene Simmons should be able to lick his elbow, promoted as the man with longest tongue (not natural).

Xian
05-11-04, 12:39
Some people can lick their elbows. :p

joran420
05-11-04, 20:48
i dont think so.....Unless theyve had their upper arm surgically shortened....i think because of the proportions of the body no one can....well maybe gene simmons

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 20:54
i almost can and i have a normal tongue...

if i had a long tongue i could

joran420
05-11-04, 21:50
lol how close is almost? actually measure it...3 inches is pretty close...but ya know what kinda freak would have an extra 3 inches on their tongue?

spongeb0b
05-11-04, 22:06
DF got half an inche away :p she has a long tongue tho :p :)

Opar
05-11-04, 22:07
I can lick my elbow. I'll look for our digital camera, take a pic of me looking muchos retardos.

QuantumDelta
05-11-04, 22:17
DF got half an inche away :p she has a long tongue tho :p :)
Same >.>

MkVenner
05-11-04, 23:40
my muscles must be too big, i cant even get 3 inches close lol

some sweet facts there, and am i reading that right, more of the US is wilderness than africa? whoa...

sanityislost
06-11-04, 00:11
did the elbow thing can lick the side of it lol
does that count?

SiL ..:..

joran420
06-11-04, 04:16
lol naw thats the bottom part of the elbow :P

and yep your reading that right that US has more wilderness than Africa(at least % wise)

[edit] whoops not US, N. America (includes canada mexico and alaska :P)

spongeb0b
06-11-04, 13:30
using jester's crazy technique DF has achieved the impossible and licked her own elbow :p :lol:

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 15:59
using jester's crazy technique DF has achieved the impossible and licked her own elbow :p :lol:

its even easier if you dislocate her shoulder... but i really wouldnt advise that :p

:edit: spread the word... Jesters patented technique gets girls licking themselves...

sanityislost
06-11-04, 16:16
lol naw thats the bottom part of the elbow :P

and yep your reading that right that US has more wilderness than Africa(at least % wise)

[edit] whoops not US, N. America (includes canada mexico and alaska :P)

DAMN JOO!! :P
Guess i will just have to spend another 20 years training my tounge to lick my elbow 8|

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 16:20
DAMN JOO!! :P
Guess i will just have to spend another 20 years training my tounge to lick my elbow 8|

or get a pair of scissors and cut the little muscle that stops the tounge from moving too far from its natural location...

*warning* self destruction is extremely painful and not recommended... especially when it makes it easy to choke on your own tounge when sleepig :p

sanityislost
06-11-04, 16:23
or get a pair of scissors and cut the little muscle that stops the tounge from moving too far from its natural location...

*warning* self destruction is extremely painful and not recommended... especially when it makes it easy to choke on your own tounge when sleepig :p

rofl yep that would sting alot, prolly safer just cutting your tounge off and super gluing it to your elbow :p

spongeb0b
06-11-04, 16:55
or get a pair of scissors and cut the little muscle that stops the tounge from moving too far from its natural location..
df dont have that part of her tongue aparently :wtf:

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 17:22
df dont have that part of her tongue aparently :wtf:

dont let her head roll back while she sleeps then... gravity could take its course and theres nothing holding the tounge in the front of the mouth O_o

J. Folsom
06-11-04, 18:34
I can do the impossible too!
On the other hand, I have below average muscle tension, so I can manage to move my arm in ways which would hurt like hell for your average person.

Birkoff
06-11-04, 18:35
The elbow thing is wrong!! :P

It was on Braniacs this week on sky one in the UK and they apologised b/c they said u can't but lots of ppl sent videos/pictures in that they can and they had to forfit it :P

Tratos
06-11-04, 19:19
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

That ones quite cool, and the fact its

12 Quadrillion O_o
345 Trillon
678 Billion
987 Million
645 Thousand

O_o Quadrillions, OH EM GEE

Well according to Microsoft Sam, lol

giga191
06-11-04, 23:12
Just to add a few:
75% of poo is water
If you put a drop of liquor on a scorpion it will go crazy and kill itself with it's sting
Dragonflies only live 24 hours
On average men think about sex every 7 seconds
The longest flight of a chicken is 13 seconds
More than 2500 left handed people are killed every year from using right handed products (I'm left handed 8| )
Marriage is a very expensive way to get your laundry done
It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open
On average 12 newborn babies will be given to the wrong parents everyday
Donald duck was banned from Finland coz he doesn't wear trousers

Jesterthegreat
06-11-04, 23:51
Donald duck was banned from Finland coz he doesn't wear trousers

fact: Donald Duck indeed doesnt wear trousers... but he has a towel around his waist when he gets out of the shower...

Opar
07-11-04, 00:33
>> There are only four words in the English language that end in "-dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

>> If you attempted to count all the stars in a galaxy at a rate of one every second it would take around 3,000 years to count them all.

>> Less than 3% of Nestle's sales are for chocolate.

>> The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.

>> The average person will spend 2 weeks over their lifetime waiting for the traffic lights to change

>> More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.

>> Only 1 person in 2 billion will live to be 116 or older.

>> It is estimated that at any one time, 0.7% of the world's population are drunk.

>> The tip of a 1/3-inch long hour hand on a wristwatch travels at 0.00000275 miles per hour.

>> About 17% of humans are left-handed. The same is true of chimpanzees and gorillas.

>> Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

>> No president of the United States was an only child.

>> It only takes 7 pounds of pressure to rip your ear off.

>> You use more calories eating celery than there are in the celery itself.

>> The Apollo 11 only had 20 seconds of fuel when it landed.

>> Annual growth of WWW traffic is 314,000%.

>> Experts at Intel say that microprocessor speed will double every 18 months for at least 10 years.

>> The Earth's revolution time increases .0001 seconds annually.

>> If we had the same mortality rate now as in 1900, more than half the people in the world today would not be alive

>> Your brain weighs around 3 pounds. All but ten ounces is water.

>> A can of SPAM is opened every 4 seconds.

>> It would take 7 billion particles of fog to fill a teaspoon.

>> The world record for rocking non-stop in a rocking chair is 440 hours.

>> Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed people.

>> You blink over 10,000,000 times a year.

>> The earth weighs around 6,588,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, tons.

>> When glass breaks, the cracks move at speeds up to 3,000 miles (4827 km) per hour.

>> The first millennium, 1 - 1000 AD, consisted of 365,250 days. Our current millennium, 1001 - 2000 AD, will consist of 365,237 days. The third millennium, 2001 - 3000 AD, will consist of 365,242 days. The reason for the differences is the calendar system that was in use during the milleniums.

>> In chess, there are 169,518,829,100,544,000,000,000,000,000 ways to play the first ten moves.

That is all :p

giga191
07-11-04, 01:00
>> Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed people.
Guess I'm gonna have to even it out
*evil laugh* :angel:

nobby
07-11-04, 02:36
i laughed at the insect legs one, i ate a candy bar in america that was kind of see through...had a bucket of sugar in...was brownish.....had grass...a mil worm and a cockroach in...tasted like chicken tbh :p

naimex
07-11-04, 03:20
At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow

... I´m one of them... :wtf:

oh wait :eek: :)

YES !!!!

I´m part of something :angel:

Jesterthegreat
07-11-04, 11:50
>> The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.

hahahaaa... fantastic :D