PDA

View Full Version : the faction sympathy problem

epij
05-11-04, 02:14
i know there has a lot to be done, and there is a lot hastle about, but i see something not working as it should. (dunno if its a bug or intendet, if its intendet, i really hope you did a mental bug)

lets take a closer view on factions that are NEUTRAL to eachother.

for example:
the city mercs are mostly neutral with the whole NC faction world. meaning the MB is easily accessable by all factions except TG.
meaning especially DoY based runners can sit at MB and bash everything up there at their will.
well, nothing wrong with that.

but, what is a bit confusing is, that MB is so (it seems) heavily guarded by those CM soldiers, but once a CM faction member is killed, they just watch the show (fuckin voyeurs). so there is just someone hitting MB's GR room and killing whatever pops out with a smokingly chilling CM guard aside.

did i miss something ? by the time someone killed at least the 3rd CM his faction symph should be so damn messed up that the guards attack, no matter if his homefaction is neutral or not. he IS behaveing hostile, and should earn the consequences. but the guard keeps reading playboy or something. nothing happens.

cause & effect.

someone kills a member of a faction, the guards of this faction (if there are any) show retaliation.

feature request:
how about fac.symp. loss dependent on WHERE you do you dirty little crimes.
i.e. if you kill a faction member within his HQ, which means, many whitnesses, much bad reputation -> should result in a serious, and i mean SERIOUS loss with this faction.

lets say a CM wanna raid TG, so killing within TG's territory will injure his symps a lot (well, as if CM's would care anyway), but if a TG kills a CM on his homeground, he should receive symp loss yes, but not that much as i.e. now.

the current forumla could be kept for "neutral" space, which is most of the NC world, only those "home" formulas should be implemented imho.

-discuss

epij
05-11-04, 02:17
ATLEAST you have the guards attack you during your CM epic when you kill the 3 rookies within the HQ :rolleyes:

hehe

Glok
05-11-04, 02:30
ATLEAST you have the guards attack you during your CM epic when you kill the 3 rookies within the HQ :rolleyes:

heheYeah that was great. Made me jump too, I thought it was a player the first time. :eek:

Mr Kot
05-11-04, 17:17
In Beta, the DoY guards would aggro on you if u as much as punched another DoY runner.

My tank at the time was crahn. I punched a Tsunami (neutral) spy with some TL20 knuckles. One hit. A flurry of red RoG beams later and there i lay, dead. As pissed off as i was about that, i was at least relieved that the DoY city center would be a PK free zone. No enemies would dare raid the place.

Now aside from the "playboy reading" CM guards, we have the City admin guards in plaza 2 who seem to be on a smoke break every time the usual DoY apu/ppu combo HL the crap outta everyone there.

-Demon-
06-11-04, 13:45
In Beta, the DoY guards would aggro on you if u as much as punched another DoY runner.

My tank at the time was crahn. I punched a Tsunami (neutral) spy with some TL20 knuckles. One hit. A flurry of red RoG beams later and there i lay, dead. As pissed off as i was about that, i was at least relieved that the DoY city center would be a PK free zone. No enemies would dare raid the place.

Now aside from the "playboy reading" CM guards, we have the City admin guards in plaza 2 who seem to be on a smoke break every time the usual DoY apu/ppu combo HL the crap outta everyone there.

Thats a bit one sided...Pro city do attack DoY as well ya know, also the guards are just the same