PDA

View Full Version : The Outzone

Tratos
05-11-04, 00:04
The Outzone, we all know it, with the mutant pool handy for leveling low/mid lvl chars in the storage areas, that place you tried to avoid as a n00b as you got lost, the bit with all those cool places unused, the famous Outzone 7 and its closedness, the crahn abbey, the cool jail club for when youve been a bit on the meanie side and the really annoying Outzone 6 six with its crap walkway trying to walk along planks.....well it was, i noticed this at the beginning of retail, that Outzone 6 has been retextured and has had a new criss cross wooden plank floor laid down to make the trips through there more bareable, Outzone 6 now looks REALLY good in my opinion as its been completely updated texture wise and is really nice and grungy.....why was it just OZ 6 redone?

KK Please retexture the rest of the outzone it'll look really sweet if its done as Outzone 6 being redo makes the rest of the outzone (excluding the jail) look really terrible as the textures just DONT gell together, retexture the outzone, get that power plant open in sector 7 and breathe some life into the Outzone, just think great chances to add epic type quests for the people hiding in the buildings perhaps somthine could be done with the old chapel in Outzone 5 and finally fix the dead zone line below, just please fix the outzone as its a great but seemingly forgotten area.

StrongSad
05-11-04, 05:18
OZ is very cool and fun to explore, but beyond that it serves no purpose. I wish there was a reason for me to go there :(

Glok
05-11-04, 08:05
The warbots that used to be at the last room of storage 7/8 need to come back too. I remember levelling in storage as a nib in beta 4, never going further in than a room or 2 for the fear I wouldn't get out again, then finally becoming strong and bold enough to venture through room after room, only to find this HUGE FUCK OFF ROBOT that killed me in 2 hits. Experiences like that need to come back to NC.

This was before I even knew what the wastelands were btw, I thought Neocron the game was Neocron the city. :O

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 08:47
Yeah the days. My mad hybrid monk (didn't even know what a hybrid was back then in beta 4, all monks were hybrids) make insane leveling off from launchies at oz-4 storage 8, and once I ventured too far, and encountered a grim chaser :wtf:

Well he burned me to bits and gibbles, and I never went there again.

Omnituens
05-11-04, 12:42
you cant open up OZ7, thats where they keep the hairy spiders, the DoY bugfix team, Big foot and Lord Lucan.

05-11-04, 13:09
This is more of the kind of thing that gets me down about NC - the fact that theres so much potential........unused and/or unfinished.

OZ7 should have been fixed an eternity ago, and the jail is kinda wasted (especially given how long it took to arrive) since the Anti-City clans moved out (same could also be said for the Abbey)

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 13:15
OZ is only used for epics and the occasional leveling session. something should be done

Omnituens
05-11-04, 13:20
and dare i say it - Main Sewer?

J. Folsom
05-11-04, 14:03
you cant open up OZ7, thats where they keep the hairy spiders, the DoY bugfix team, Big foot and Lord Lucan.You're forgetting the sand worms, the key to Dark Metal, the spider cocoons, the regant mutants and working outfitters.

MaGn0lia
05-11-04, 14:09
Not to mention Tanks third *, Spirit mods, Kami chips, all new content and all new low TL weapons :D

Bugs Gunny
05-11-04, 14:12
I know they have a mech stashed in there somewhere.

XaNToR
05-11-04, 14:22
and dare i say it - Main Sewer?

ha they never finished the zoning from mainsewer to oz sec 2 :P

mainsewer are pretty cool, its a pity that they are not used....