PDA

View Full Version : What theme weeks are you looking forward to?

Plight
04-11-04, 23:36
While we dont know exactly what the theme weeks will b about (or even how long it will go on) what are you looking forward to/hoping for?

I cant wait for the balancing theme week/s. Since everyone will be concentrating on that, i can bet well see many patches during that time, maybe even 2 or 3 a week (i know im hoping for a bit here, but since theyll be concentrating on balance, I wouldnt think changeing values would take too long). The balance that has been long missing (if ever existant) can finally be realised!

Spermy
04-11-04, 23:40
[edited]

40$Poser
04-11-04, 23:43
Rifle week, if there is going to be one.

Redeemer, Thunderstorm need tweaking

First love aiming needs adjustment

silent hunter needs to be reworked

add a rare gatlin rifle

maybe introduce a spirit mod run? :0

Glok
04-11-04, 23:45
Performance/engine issues week. O_o

edit: And ban Spermy week. :p

J. Folsom
04-11-04, 23:46
Folsom Theme Week

Where everyone will have their last names changed to Folsom, and we'll be forced to start our names with the letter J!

Umm. Nevermind.

---

Seriously, I'd like a Furniture Theme Week, there's a few really annoying bugs with them, plus more furniture is always good!

greendonkeyuk
04-11-04, 23:59
I'm looking forward to the ban the whiners week.

im lookin forward to ban the fanbois week. :)

rifles week too here.

Sorin
05-11-04, 00:00
Monk theme weeks would be nice. It'd be like a year long though, trying to get them down from being so hideously overpowered, but not down so far as to be gimped and useless. But it'd also be nice to address their dismal array of implants, and total lack thereof in some categories.

Actually, implants in general. Skills have changed so much since the beginning of NC1 that the current array of implants needs looking at. Plus it's really hard to do certain things, especially with this confounded notion of specialization. Also, there is a terrible lack of h-c implants, especially considering the insane amount of skill points you need to be decent with the weapons (I was never really into H-C. I don't like it all that much and only do it out of necessity, but I recognize and sympathize with their situation).

Oh, and maybe a netcode theme week :p There's a massive amount of issues that need sorting.

A weapons theme week where balance (tweaked for the classes that use them), assortment (better distribution of types throughout the TL range; some types missing a rare), and distribution (viable redistribution based on NCs realistic population levels) were looked into.

Nidhogg
05-11-04, 00:04
I'm looking forward to the "send a bottle of single malt to the lead Copbot" week. Yeah, that sounds pretty good. :)

Actually, I think the previously mentioned idea of Neofrag week was good.

N

-FN-
05-11-04, 00:09
Memory Leak Week (see, it rhymes, it HAS to be a good week)
I hate it when I don't notice my FREEMEM is down to 2mb fast enough and my entire PC freezes or I have to restart NC2 because I'm down to 50 when I start with 800. I can't even imagine how this must be in something like an OP Battle.

Graphic Glitch Week
Monks PA arms should come out of two different sockets, not the same one. People's lips should not be huge. Warbots should have TWO legs, not one. People should not have clear heads and torsos. People's hair and weapons should not be left hovering in midair after they have already run away. Spiders used to have clear abdomens - the coolest looking mob in the game - now they don't. Rabid dogs shouldn't have a leg attached to their mouth. Spiders should have legs on BOTH sides instead of them all coming out of one side. You get the point.

LOCAL List Week
The LOCAL list has become WAY buggy in NC2. A good portion of the time it does not report names correctly or switches people around. Sometimes people don't even show up on the LOCAL. I'd rather see it be removed then exist as an incorrect information tool.

Fix the Gravlifts Week
PKing? Need to get away from a group? Go up or down a grav lift. Your actual location will become completely screwed up to everyone following you. People get "stuck" in lifts when they're not really there. Hell, if you walk in and out of one quick, everyone most likely will still see you go up or down it instead of where you really are. My assumption is the Player location Netcode has issues within the Gravlifts. It really needs to be looked at :(

Item Tracking MONTH

NPC Player Vendor MONTH

Ascension
05-11-04, 00:12
Memory Leak Week (see, it rhymes, it HAS to be a good week)
I hate it when I don't notice my FREEMEM is down to 2mb fast enough and my entire PC freezes or I have to restart NC2 because I'm down to 50 when I start with 800. I can't even imagine how this must be in something like an OP Battle.

Graphic Glitch Week
Monks PA arms should come out of two different sockets, not the same one. People's lips should not be huge. Warbots should have TWO legs, not one. People should not have clear heads and torsos. People's hair and weapons should not be left hovering in midair after they have already run away. Spiders used to have clear abdomens - the coolest looking mob in the game - now they don't. Rabid dogs shouldn't have a leg attached to their mouth. Spiders should have legs on BOTH sides instead of them all coming out of one side. You get the point.

LOCAL List Week
The LOCAL list has become WAY buggy in NC2. A good portion of the time it does not report names correctly or switches people around. Sometimes people don't even show up on the LOCAL. I'd rather see it be removed then exist as an incorrect information tool.

Fix the Gravlifts Week
PKing? Need to get away from a group? Go up or down a grav lift. Your actual location will become completely screwed up to everyone following you. People get "stuck" in lifts when they're not really there. Hell, if you walk in and out of one quick, everyone most likely will still see you go up or down it instead of where you really are. My assumption is the Player location Netcode has issues within the Gravlifts. It really needs to be looked at :(

Item Tracking MONTH

NPC Player Vendor MONTH

Also Item skins should be up-graded to a higher resolution, like the new drones due to be added.. E.G Melted plastic CS ;)

@ FN check irc

Tratos
05-11-04, 00:14
im looking forward to a few.

Rifle Week :)
Outzone Week ;)
Mainsewer Week :p

Well not really but im looking forward to the weeks based on changing/updating areas.

EDIT/ Holy Shit im past the 3000 post mark O_o jebus im a spammer, lol

shardl0r
05-11-04, 00:22
Hacknet week :p

Spoon
05-11-04, 00:32
Tank-o-cron Week

Fixing the Tanks' rank and some new HC Implants(like Sorin mentioned)..
And maybe some weapon TL shuffling....

for the monks....nothing.......

:lol:

j/k

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 00:34
Actually, I think the previously mentioned idea of Neofrag week was good.

N

agree'd... im sick of 0/1 matches that you cant join, runspeed bugs, and a score table that has never worked properly...

-=Dredduk=-
05-11-04, 00:34
pistol.... would like to see new skin for libby/wyatt and some new lowtech weapons would be nice.

Inchenzo
05-11-04, 00:43
Can't wait for "update the mobs and npcs to more poly's and higher res textures week"

.Cyl0n
05-11-04, 00:46
monks and exploits.

sanityislost
05-11-04, 00:47
monks and hacknet

tho few weeks to turn outzone into one large outpost would be nice :)

SiL ..:..

Vryce
05-11-04, 02:21
I'm looking forward to the "send a bottle of single malt to the lead Copbot" week. Yeah, that sounds pretty good. :)

N

Preacher's Choice okay ?? :p

1) RokkWear Works Week

2) NC1 Models Available Week

Obsidian X
05-11-04, 02:53
Tank-o-cron Week

Fixing the Tanks' rank and some new HC Implants(like Sorin mentioned)..
And maybe some weapon TL shuffling....

Spot on, more precisely "tanks get 3 star rank week" and maybe "PPU vacation week" where all PPUs are forced to take a 1 week vacation, meaning they can no longer be glued to their APU cousins :p :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
05-11-04, 02:58
Spot on, more precisely "tanks get 3 star rank week" and maybe "PPU vacation week" where all PPUs are forced to take a 1 week vacation, meaning they can no longer be glued to their APU cousins :p :lol:

Lowtech pistol week

PPU vacation week.... ooh the uber!

Sakletare
05-11-04, 03:34
In no particular order:
1. Sniper week
2. Vehicle week
3. Neofrag week
4. Hacknet week
5. Teach lead mod to like Kinderschokolade instead of single malt week (might take a bit longer than a week though)

Seven
05-11-04, 03:35
I'm looking forward to all of them.

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 03:38
stealth week...

"we recognise that an insta pass to near invunrability that can be spammed is not how the tool was intended to be used"

para week...

"we recognise that, no matter how we feel about this, the community has issues with it which we want to address"

Jay Foxfire
05-11-04, 05:27
"PE loving weeks" :)

StrongSad
05-11-04, 05:39
Player owned shops week

plz, I want it so bad :(

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 05:49
"PE loving weeks" :)

my lowtech,uncapped, non rare using PE has 72 (counted em a min ago) dogtgs of * or higher ranked people(including a PPU or 2)

PE's are fine... leave em be.

Jay Foxfire
05-11-04, 05:54
Don't want to discuss that here, but let's just say everyone has his opinion, right? ;)

Siygess
05-11-04, 10:06
Jester, we really need to talk :D

I think most of the weeks suggested so far, especially FN's ideas, would make good topics for "theme week". Naturally I'd like to see a rifle week, but most of all, I'd like to see "class" week. Monk week, Tank week, Spy week and yes, even PE week.

I don't see these weeks as excuses to "boost" things; Instead, I think it's a chance to discuss real class issues with KK. Once we've established the "future" for the four classes, I think we would be in a good position to have Rifle week, Pistol week etc, knowing what needs to be added to the pool to make progress with the classes possible, and also how to address the balance issues of existing weapons.

Spermy
05-11-04, 11:36
Maybe a community submission week.

And maybe an implant tweaking week.

The RPOS is already in the works so I can't really ask for anything about that.

Maybe some of the older PA's getting a rework (IE rather than different colours washed over the entire texture - a new skin for each?)

OH!

And niddy - My previous suggestion wasn't spam! IT WAS PROGRESS :D

/me smells a rat - Niddy asking for liquor bribes... doesn't THAT count as spam!!! RAWR! :p

Selendor
05-11-04, 11:51
Heheh you guys have named just about every part of the game as needing a specific week, thats quite sad isn't it. The only thing left would be Drom Week ;)

Seriously though, it would have to be:

1)Fre / Memory Leak week
2)Weapon Balance week
3)Neofrag Week
4)Item distribution week
5)Clan war / Op war week

Address those 5 major components and you'd have a really polished game.

Shellcode
05-11-04, 12:01
hacknet week(s) yeah
just have a look there (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=117670)

shenten
05-11-04, 12:09
Clan war / op war week, cause they became quite boring since NC2, same thing for mounths mainly outside ug camping, adding 4th barrier in hacknet add nothing as it is done right now.

Omnituens
05-11-04, 12:20
rifle week

give-hybrids-cool-looking-pa week

tradeskill (construction) week

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 12:41
Jester, we really need to talk :D so PM me? :p

I don't see these weeks as excuses to "boost" things; Instead, I think it's a chance to discuss real class issues with KK. Once we've established the "future" for the four classes, I think we would be in a good position to have Rifle week, Pistol week etc, knowing what needs to be added to the pool to make progress with the classes possible, and also how to address the balance issues of existing weapons.

I'd like a "class week". id like to see how KK want para to be used, how they want stealth to be used, how they want PE's to participate in OP wars, how vital they want monks to be to the game.

I'd love a "Neofrag week" for obvious reasons.