PDA

View Full Version : Neofrag? o.O

Koshinn
04-11-04, 01:11
Ok, neofrag has it's problems but it's a great place to practice and train and test stuffs.
Here's the problems... and feel free to add more.

1. Pro-city only for the most part. PP3 is accessable by Anti-city, but hard to get to. Why aren't the DoY versions of NF open? What about opening a NF in TH?

2. Decks are stuck at 0/1 players, and you cannot enter with 1 free slot in the deck left over (example: 5/6, you cannot enter, 7/8 you cannot, etc.), with no way to reset the deck's max number of players.

3. No one knows how to set the max number of players, so when they enter it becomes 0/1. >.< You set it when it says something like "no match" or something, then click the +/- to adjust until you have a good amount, 16 being the max. Then enter, and it sets the max to that amount for a while.. again, not sure how to reset a deck.

4. Lag is horrible in NF.

5. Players getting stuck in the ceiling and/or elevators for some people ... but it's a problem all over NC2 now, not just NF.

6. Spawning at half health.a pain for tanks and apus who have trouble healing themselves.

7. Scoreboard only showing deaths, not kills. What's the point?

8. The heal/shelter bug.. if you enter NF with a heal/shelter animation showing (possibly DB as well), you'll have that animation playing until you die, but it won't actually do anything. For example, entering NF with a heal on means that even though your heal wore a while ago, you still see yellow bubbles. Same with exiting NF.

9. Dying with a few drugs on in NF makes you crash I think... It's like 3 or 4 drugs means that when you die you have to relog instead of just respawn.

Anyone know fixes to these bugs, or have more to add? Please post!
Also, any word if/when these will be fixed?

Tostino
04-11-04, 01:22
Agree on all points. But I think we should have some decks in DoY and NC that connect together.

sanityislost
04-11-04, 01:36
add vchs into neofrag!!!!!

SiL ..:..

joran420
04-11-04, 02:27
neofrag is an awesome idea......that was implemented poorly and never tweaked to fix it.....tbh it is crap and i wouldnt waste 2 mins in there if i was u....if they fixed the points you listed then it would fuckin rule....but lets be honest thats not gonna happen...we'll be lucky if WarGames (DOY neofrag) is opened in the next 6 months at all

[VP]Orion
04-11-04, 13:16
Perhaps an idea for an upcoming Theme week? Taking care of all Neofrag bugs... ;) Actually, I think loads more people would use NF if the bugs were fixed. I know I would for instance.

Selendor
04-11-04, 13:28
Yes totally agree, Neofrag needs a theme week.

I think there are too many neofrags already, and I think it would be a great idea if you could connect the neofrags so that NC/DoY forces could face off.

If KK could get all the weirdness ironed out of Neofrag then you could for instance organise tournaments in a controlled environment, that other people couldn't ruin (which is what used to happen with most events on Saturn).

You could even have a mock Op war deck for people to practise op tactics.

Doc Holliday
04-11-04, 14:41
player run neofrags would be sweet. :)

Xeno LARD
04-11-04, 18:44
add vchs into neofrag!!!!!

SiL ..:..

What an awesome idea, I get to play with a rev in NF :D!

Koshinn
05-11-04, 03:26
Yeah.. a NF that's like an OP would be awesome!

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 03:33
Ok, neofrag has it's problems but it's a great place to practice and train and test stuffs.
Here's the problems... and feel free to add more.

1. Pro-city only for the most part. PP3 is accessable by Anti-city, but hard to get to. Why aren't the DoY versions of NF open? What about opening a NF in TH? my crahn PE goes to the PP1 NF all the time... however i would say remove it from PP1/3 and put one big NF in the wastes

2. Decks are stuck at 0/1 players, and you cannot enter with 1 free slot in the deck left over (example: 5/6, you cannot enter, 7/8 you cannot, etc.), with no way to reset the deck's max number of players. this sucks... it seems to happen more and more

3. No one knows how to set the max number of players, so when they enter it becomes 0/1. >.< You set it when it says something like "no match" or something, then click the +/- to adjust until you have a good amount, 16 being the max. Then enter, and it sets the max to that amount for a while.. again, not sure how to reset a deck. however once its on 0/1 it's not changable to no match... i dunno if you have to wait or somethin but it locks out entire decks.

4. Lag is horrible in NF. in the map most people use (NF2 deck 1 / 5 iirc)my ping / fps is usually great

5. Players getting stuck in the ceiling and/or elevators for some people ... but it's a problem all over NC2 now, not just NF. grav lifts suck, floating people suck

6. Spawning at half health.a pain for tanks and apus who have trouble healing themselves. hardly the most important thing... but it makes a difference

7. Scoreboard only showing deaths, not kills. What's the point? yeah this sucks

8. The heal/shelter bug.. if you enter NF with a heal/shelter animation showing (possibly DB as well), you'll have that animation playing until you die, but it won't actually do anything. For example, entering NF with a heal on means that even though your heal wore a while ago, you still see yellow bubbles. Same with exiting NF. so annoying

9. Dying with a few drugs on in NF makes you crash I think... It's like 3 or 4 drugs means that when you die you have to relog instead of just respawn. 3+ drugs means you cannot respawn properly

Anyone know fixes to these bugs, or have more to add? Please post!
Also, any word if/when these will be fixed?[/QUOTE]

i cant remember a single NF fix (except the removal of the proccessor window in NF) and it would be great if we got an NF theme week